Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 107 of 193 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
    Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 4806

Thread: what grinds your gears at the gym?

Vehicles
      91 EA Cabby - 02 24V GTI
      04-13-2010 05:27 PM #2651
      yes, exactly
      PSN: kookly

2. Member
      04-13-2010 05:38 PM #2652
      Quote, originally posted by MixmasterNash »
      Luckily, with the coming repeal of don't ask, don't tell, heterosexuals will finally be able to serve openly in the Navy.

I have too many stories involving Navy personnel.
      Today I thought about the "living dead" aka retirees comment and had a good laugh. I don't think the gym even has a defib. that cannot be good.
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      'You gotta fast car'

Vehicles
      15 BMW 3-97 4Runner-07 CR-V (84/85 Sciroccos RIP/77 Rabbit RIP/etc)
      04-16-2010 11:45 PM #2653
      the guy who thinks hes 2 big to share the machines, im punching 1200 psi he hitting like 600 2 big for his own good

Vehicles
      2015 4Runner TEP w/ KDSS
      04-17-2010 12:03 PM #2654
      Both of the benches were in use, so I walked up, asked the first guy how many sets he had, he said 3, went to the next guy, and I get this dumbass face for a few seconds, then a response of "ten". I clarify, "ten sets?" and he replies "yes." and proceeds to just stare out me.
      I shrug, walk away, and go wait a bit aways for the other one to open up. 3 sets later, my "ten" buddy is un racking the weights and leaving.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      Z4, Cayenne S
      04-17-2010 12:19 PM #2655
      Quote, originally posted by kryptonik »
      Both of the benches were in use, so I walked up, asked the first guy how many sets he had, he said 3, went to the next guy, and I get this dumbass face for a few seconds, then a response of "ten". I clarify, "ten sets?" and he replies "yes." and proceeds to just stare out me.
      I shrug, walk away, and go wait a bit aways for the other one to open up. 3 sets later, my "ten" buddy is un racking the weights and leaving.

he probably doesnt like people hovering over him, waiting to finish up.

Vehicles
      2015 4Runner TEP w/ KDSS
      04-17-2010 01:34 PM #2656
      No excuse to be an ass. Could have simply said, "three, but it'll be a few minutes." And, who hovers next to people while their waiting? I'll go sit atleast 10 feet away and stretch or do some other time passing activity

Vehicles
      1999 Passat V6, 2001 Passat wagon
      04-17-2010 02:59 PM #2657
      Quote, originally posted by CTAC2003 »
      he probably doesnt like people hovering over him, waiting to finish up.

Ummm, it's a gym with two benches. Either hustle up and finish your sets or tell him he's welcome to work in. If you want to take your sweet time go and get a home gym.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      Z4, Cayenne S
      04-17-2010 03:19 PM #2658
      Quote, originally posted by passwag02 »
      Ummm, it's a gym with two benches. Either hustle up and finish your sets or tell him he's welcome to work in. If you want to take your sweet time go and get a home gym.

i usually say i have a few minutes on this piece of equipment and if you think ill be changing my session around for some impatient dingleberry, think again.

9. Member
      04-17-2010 09:08 PM #2659
      So today I'm in Utah on business and find a gym to work out at happy to be doing another bench press workout. If you remember, I'm doing German Volume Training for my bench press, so it's 10 sets of 10. Now, the gym isn't huge. Unfortunately, they only have 2 benches but everyone is pretty cool and we do the best we can. I'm psyching myself up for my workout when this bro wearing a wifebeater and a truckers cap comes up to me asking me how many sets I had left. I take the headphones off and am about to answer him when he just starts meanmugging me. I calmly reply "10 sets" when he just goes off on me, "10 sets!?, 10 sets!?"
      I thought that was the last of it, but he f'in hovers right over me for my first 3 sets, like the dude is 18" inches away. So, f@#k it, I can't lift with this bro hovering over me. I unrack the weight and go to the lockerroom to get my stuff. When I leave, I see the same guy doing behind the back wrist curls at the bench I was at. I came back later that night and crushed the workout and left happy as can be.
      F@#k that gym.

Vehicles
      04 r32 ,87 20vt gti,64 5.0 ranchero,04 v6 passat
      04-18-2010 01:22 AM #2660
      I just started back at the gym this week and of course
      day 1 old d-bag(mid 50) says "Im using that machine but you can work in between my reps" as he is talking to a diffent guy about how cool and fast his new 370z is .
      the funny thing is i did my set and did a 15min run on the treadmill and the d-bag was still talking [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthdown.gif[/IMG]
      also I dont know why you must have and talk on your cell phone and work out or sit on a bench that someone wants to use . Are you that cool.
      I kinda fell like Andy Runney from 60min he is always gota gripe.

Vehicles
      2012 Volkswagen GLI, 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit
      04-18-2010 02:24 AM #2661
      Quote, originally posted by pops »
      So today I'm in Utah on business and find a gym to work out at happy to be doing another bench press workout. If you remember, I'm doing German Volume Training for my bench press, so it's 10 sets of 10. Now, the gym isn't huge. Unfortunately, they only have 2 benches but everyone is pretty cool and we do the best we can. I'm psyching myself up for my workout when this bro wearing a wifebeater and a truckers cap comes up to me asking me how many sets I had left. I take the headphones off and am about to answer him when he just starts meanmugging me. I calmly reply "10 sets" when he just goes off on me, "10 sets!?, 10 sets!?"
      I thought that was the last of it, but he f'in hovers right over me for my first 3 sets, like the dude is 18" inches away. So, f@#k it, I can't lift with this bro hovering over me. I unrack the weight and go to the lockerroom to get my stuff. When I leave, I see the same guy doing behind the back wrist curls at the bench I was at. I came back later that night and crushed the workout and left happy as can be.
      F@#k that gym.

12. 04-18-2010 04:48 PM #2662
      Oh noes look what we have here. I think this could get interesting

Vehicles
      04-19-2010 03:03 AM #2663
      i usually say i have a few minutes on this piece of equipment and if you think ill be changing my session around for some impatient dingleberry, think again.

I didn't say you had to change your session. A few minutes is a fair enough response. However, to say you have ten sets left is just plain rude.
      He wasn't being impatient, he simply asked how many sets he had left.
      People who can't read grind my ****ing gears

14. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      04-19-2010 09:20 AM #2664
      Quote, originally posted by pops »
      F@#k that gym.

haha dude tell me this is a joke and not the most hilarious coincidence of all time [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

15. Member
      Vehicles
      Z4, Cayenne S
      04-19-2010 10:58 AM #2665

Either hustle up and finish your sets or tell him he's welcome to work in.

I didn't say you had to change your session.

pick one and stick with it.

16. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      04-19-2010 11:07 AM #2666
      id think that doing a 10x10 set in a place with limited equipment is a bit annoying and that you should be offering to let him work in, since its going to take you about 20 mins to do it you know?
      Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

17. Member
      Vehicles
      Z4, Cayenne S
      04-19-2010 11:48 AM #2667
      thats not even the worst part, gvt calls for supersets and specific rest intervals. to minimize me being a dick i do legs tuesday, chest/back thursday and arms/shoulders saturday or sunday and i go in around 2 when its least busy. but thats all that i am willing to do for good gym manners. sorry

18. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      04-19-2010 01:00 PM #2668
      yea i hear ya, my gym has about 6 different bench stations - so i would usually tell the guy thats trying to work in to go pound sand, unless its monday when all the gym bros are there and it happens to be my chest day, in which case i would let someone who is legit work in with me.

19. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      04-19-2010 01:11 PM #2669
      how bout what grinds your gears at the supermarket ?
      there was this chubby 18 year old kid, 5 10 200 lbs about 30% bodyfat talking as loud as he could about the insanity workout he was just starting and how tough it was and how he was going to get absolutely shredded etc etc. he actually said how was working out so hard he might need to take time off of work just so he could properly recover from his workouts. so butterball in his affliction shirt ground my gears, and then when he hit on my girlfreind i almost dragged him outta the store and gave him my version of the insanity workout.

20. Member
      04-19-2010 02:50 PM #2670
      Fat is not fit. That is for sure. Granted not everybody was blessed with a high metabolism and Usain Bolt genetics but do not eye **** somebody smaller than you that lifts as much/more than you and expect not to get stares back.
      However, I've talked to maybe three people at my gym so maybe the less familiar people are with me the worse it is.
      Oh and to make it even better, since coming under new "management" they are having a member social.....at a bar Bros and gym skanks unite.
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      'You gotta fast car'

Vehicles
      04-19-2010 06:24 PM #2671
      pick one and stick with it.

Sorry, I didn't realize letting somebody work in was such a detriment to your awesome routine. My bad.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      Z4, Cayenne S
      04-19-2010 10:18 PM #2672
      No problem

23. 04-19-2010 11:48 PM #2673
      Miami, Florida grinds my gears at every single gym.
      30 inch biceps, 3 inch calves, and rounded backs are the new cool down here. I guess that's the south beach diet.

Vehicles
      09 A4
      04-20-2010 01:02 AM #2674
      Banging the weights together when doing flys, etc.
      Not re-racking your weights. Not hard too do and the dumbells don't all get separated.
      talking/texting at the gym. It must be really important if it cant wait and hour or so.

Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      04-21-2010 06:06 AM #2675
      Quote, originally posted by ClockworkChad »
      how bout what grinds your gears at the supermarket ?
      there was this chubby 18 year old kid, 5 10 200 lbs about 30% bodyfat talking as loud as he could about the insanity workout he was just starting and how tough it was and how he was going to get absolutely shredded etc etc. he actually said how was working out so hard he might need to take time off of work just so he could properly recover from his workouts. so butterball in his affliction shirt ground my gears, and then when he hit on my girlfreind i almost dragged him outta the store and gave him my version of the insanity workout.

Some guy at work has been telling everyone about how amazing "Insanity" is and how great P90x was when he did it. He just got the "Tower 200" or whatever its called. Now I'm stuck hearing about all the "MMA inspired workouts" that he's doing... DESIGNED BY RANDY COUTURE BRO!!!!

Page 107 of 193 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast