Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 107 of 133 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
    Results 3,711 to 3,745 of 4655

    Thread: what grinds your gears at the gym?

    1. Member jtls8's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 14th, 2008
      Posts
      272
      Vehicles
      2014 Focus
      04-03-2012 08:59 AM #3711
      Complaining that the alt rock station is "too intense" and making the staff change back to the pop/r&b isht. Why are you HERE?!?!
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio!
      Being a man isn't about being ready, it's about faking it so well you fool yourself.

    2. Member ultimate steve's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2003
      Location
      west islip NY
      Posts
      7,285
      Vehicles
      MKVI GTI, carbon steel gray, manual, sunroof/nav
      04-03-2012 09:25 AM #3712
      Quote Originally Posted by jtls8 View Post
      Complaining that the alt rock station is "too intense" and making the staff change back to the pop/r&b isht. Why are you HERE?!?!
      The fact that someone would even ask to change the station is pissing me off thinking about it. Yes let's change the channel for you because everyone likes what you like. Selfish ****head. Get an iPod you ****ing dope.

    3. Member Rob Cote's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 6th, 2006
      Location
      Beverly, MA
      Posts
      7,922
      Vehicles
      06A3 & 97TJ
      04-03-2012 11:19 AM #3713
      Quote Originally Posted by jtls8 View Post
      Why are you HERE?!?!
      Clearly not to be intense.
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      When i'm lookin' to get er to spread 'em I usually just throw copious amounts of alcohol at the situation.

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2007
      Location
      Littleton, CO
      Posts
      6,630
      04-03-2012 11:48 AM #3714
      Quote Originally Posted by ultimate steve View Post
      The fact that someone would even ask to change the station is pissing me off thinking about it. Yes let's change the channel for you because everyone likes what you like. Selfish ****head. Get an iPod you ****ing dope.
      x2

    5. Member 20thAna3282's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 8th, 2005
      Location
      Methuen, MA
      Posts
      2,475
      Vehicles
      2003 VW Gti 20th AE
      04-05-2012 09:39 AM #3715
      My gym has been packed the past few days, warm weather brings out more new people then new years.
      -Matt

    6. 04-05-2012 09:40 AM #3716
      Quote Originally Posted by 20thAna3282 View Post
      My gym has been packed the past few days, warm weather brings out more new people then new years.
      Statistically speaking the two busiest months of the year are January and April (sometimes May).

      You have the rush of new years people, and then you have that second push right before beach season when all the new years people realize they haven't stuck to their goals.

    7. Member tmg1991's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2011
      Location
      Dover, DE
      Posts
      1,642
      Vehicles
      Bagged GTI
      04-05-2012 09:49 AM #3717
      When dudes bring their girlfriends to the gym and get all big because you're looking at his girl but she's wearing spandex shorts and a tight shirt and is hott as crap
      Instagram: trevorgrimes

    8. Member 02GTIFREESKIER's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 3rd, 2006
      Location
      Alta, UT
      Posts
      2,536
      Vehicles
      Nissan Pathfinder 4.0l. KTM 250 XC
      04-07-2012 09:55 PM #3718
      Quote Originally Posted by tmg1991 View Post
      When dudes bring their girlfriends to the gym and get all big because you're looking at his girl but she's wearing spandex shorts and a tight shirt and is hott as crap
      This is one of my favorites. Its amazing how they will actually bodyguard there girls. It seems like the only muscles they work out are the ones associated with mean muggin fools.
      Corrado: because I always wanted to get heckled by elitist pricks over the internet.

    9. Member AMDAWG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 18th, 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      1,178
      Vehicles
      '07 CW Rabbit
      04-10-2012 12:30 PM #3719
      when the trainers clearly see you in the middle of a workout but bring their client into your workout space and act like it's ok

      wait until I'm done or go to the other side of the gym that's COMPLETELY open. /end rant.
      "I'm a baller... on a budget!"

      Quote Originally Posted by mr sarcastic View Post
      I think we got a dub connection here.

    10. Member bharry07's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 6th, 2006
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      5,780
      Vehicles
      mk3s
      04-10-2012 03:53 PM #3720
      Left bag and bottle on the bench and was returning 80lb DBs to grab 90s.
      Around 3 steps from returning to my spot this &(% plops down and starts
      curling 15s. Watched with disbelief until I "gracefully" placed my DBs behind him.

      Dan's Auto Sales & Repair CT Auto Repair and Used Car
      Creep....

      IM me for Air Ride Installs, Frame notches, ect.

    11. Member ultimate steve's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2003
      Location
      west islip NY
      Posts
      7,285
      Vehicles
      MKVI GTI, carbon steel gray, manual, sunroof/nav
      04-10-2012 05:09 PM #3721
      Quote Originally Posted by AMDAWG View Post
      when the trainers clearly see you in the middle of a workout but bring their client into your workout space and act like it's ok

      wait until I'm done or go to the other side of the gym that's COMPLETELY open. /end rant.
      Ahahaha my friend Joey is a trainer and does this all the time. But he just doesn't give a **** I didn't know other trainers do this. I was working out with him once and he just walks over to 3 bros that were using the preacher curl machine and told them to let me get a set in first. I was like Joey isn't that kinda ****ed up. He goes **** them I'm working right now wtf are they gonna do?

    12. Member kryptonik's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 26th, 2003
      Location
      Salt Lake City, UT
      Posts
      3,207
      Vehicles
      2014 WRX Limited
      04-10-2012 06:04 PM #3722
      Your friend joey is a douche.

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2007
      Location
      Littleton, CO
      Posts
      6,630
      04-10-2012 06:20 PM #3723
      Your friend Joey needs his ass kicked. That is lame and I have called out the gym trainers that do that crap. They wait like everyone else if I've loaded weights. If their client is doing the same weights as me, then by all means they can jump in.

    14. Member ultimate steve's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2003
      Location
      west islip NY
      Posts
      7,285
      Vehicles
      MKVI GTI, carbon steel gray, manual, sunroof/nav
      04-10-2012 07:23 PM #3724
      Yea I know, but you really have to know him. Dudes one of a kind to say the least.

    15. Member Rob Cote's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 6th, 2006
      Location
      Beverly, MA
      Posts
      7,922
      Vehicles
      06A3 & 97TJ
      04-10-2012 10:08 PM #3725
      When I lose my focus Lately it's been happening more and more. Lifting is TOTALLY mental and I'm having problems with that aspect. I dunno why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      When i'm lookin' to get er to spread 'em I usually just throw copious amounts of alcohol at the situation.

    16. 04-10-2012 10:38 PM #3726
      Quote Originally Posted by ultimate steve View Post
      Ahahaha my friend Joey is a trainer and does this all the time. But he just doesn't give a **** I didn't know other trainers do this. I was working out with him once and he just walks over to 3 bros that were using the preacher curl machine and told them to let me get a set in first. I was like Joey isn't that kinda ****ed up. He goes **** them I'm working right now wtf are they gonna do?
      If you're paying money for some guy to tell you to do preacher curls, you are dumb, and the trainer is a joke.

    17. Member AMDAWG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 18th, 2007
      Location
      NJ/PA
      Posts
      1,178
      Vehicles
      '07 CW Rabbit
      04-10-2012 10:51 PM #3727
      Quote Originally Posted by kryptonik View Post
      Your friend joey is a douche.
      ^^ agreed.

      It's seriously distracting and IDGAF if you work there, I pay to workout there too. Every one can wait their turn
      "I'm a baller... on a budget!"

      Quote Originally Posted by mr sarcastic View Post
      I think we got a dub connection here.

    18. Member ultimate steve's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2003
      Location
      west islip NY
      Posts
      7,285
      Vehicles
      MKVI GTI, carbon steel gray, manual, sunroof/nav
      04-10-2012 11:59 PM #3728
      Quote Originally Posted by spoolin215 View Post
      If you're paying money for some guy to tell you to do preacher curls, you are dumb, and the trainer is a joke.
      Cool story bro

    19. Member Knock Sensor's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 29th, 2009
      Location
      MA
      Posts
      6,673
      Vehicles
      2005 Accord LX, 1980 Yamaha XS850(sold), 2002 Honda VTR1000, 2011 Triumph Speed Triple
      04-11-2012 09:25 AM #3729
      When the only squat rack at my gym gets taken for half an hour by a guy doing overhead presses and 10 degrees of motion squats. Just because you racked 4 45s on there and moved 2 inches, doesn't mean you're getting anything out of it.
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      It ain't easy being an overweight, uneducated, Sunfire driving whoop whooping clown.

    20. 04-11-2012 10:41 AM #3730
      Quote Originally Posted by ultimate steve View Post
      Cool story bro

    21. Member ultimate steve's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2003
      Location
      west islip NY
      Posts
      7,285
      Vehicles
      MKVI GTI, carbon steel gray, manual, sunroof/nav
      04-11-2012 12:37 PM #3731
      Quote Originally Posted by spoolin215 View Post
      No not mad, you didn't read it right. I wasn't paying him, we were working out, I also know he's a douche.

    22. Member cptn slo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2010
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      234
      Vehicles
      1998 VW VR6 GTI (owned) 2000 Audi A6 2.7T (ownde), 1996 Miata (current)
      04-11-2012 07:58 PM #3732
      Quote Originally Posted by ultimate steve View Post
      No not mad, you didn't read it right. I wasn't paying him, we were working out, I also know he's a douche.
      Just gonna throw this in here, if he is a trainer and is working and you were working out with him a logical assumption would be he's training you. I could see how it was misread.


      Quote Originally Posted by ultimate steve View Post
      ..... I was working out with him once ...kinda ****ed up. He goes **** them I'm working right now wtf are they gonna do?

      Personally I'd tell him to **** off and wait like everyone else since he has that attitude.
      Last edited by cptn slo; 04-11-2012 at 08:27 PM. Reason: bad typo

    23. 04-11-2012 09:06 PM #3733
      Quote Originally Posted by ultimate steve View Post
      A. I was working out with him once. He goes **** them I'm working right now wtf are they gonna do?

      You didn't write it right.

    24. Member ultimate steve's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2003
      Location
      west islip NY
      Posts
      7,285
      Vehicles
      MKVI GTI, carbon steel gray, manual, sunroof/nav
      04-12-2012 02:53 AM #3734
      He was wearing his trainer shirt. I used to meet up with him and we'd workout in between his appointments. I wasn't defending his actions by posting this story, just thought it was funny because I thought only he did that. It's typical of him.

    25. Member 20thAna3282's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 8th, 2005
      Location
      Methuen, MA
      Posts
      2,475
      Vehicles
      2003 VW Gti 20th AE
      04-12-2012 10:07 AM #3735
      Not so much the gym, but I sprained the hell out of my ankle last week and have been basically useless. I hate not being able to do squats/deads but I don't want to try them until i'm sure the ankle is fine.
      -Matt

    26. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2007
      Location
      Littleton, CO
      Posts
      6,630
      04-12-2012 05:12 PM #3736
      Quote Originally Posted by ultimate steve View Post
      He was wearing his trainer shirt. I used to meet up with him and we'd workout in between his appointments. I wasn't defending his actions by posting this story, just thought it was funny because I thought only he did that. It's typical of him.
      We are only getting down on you because we can't get to Joey.

    27. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 26th, 2007
      Location
      Tacoma,WA
      Posts
      2,669
      04-12-2012 06:00 PM #3737
      Quote Originally Posted by ultimate steve View Post
      Yea I know, but you really have to know him. Dudes one of a kind to say the least.
      Woah woah - Your friend Joey is from NY - Yes? I think I know him!

    28. Member vwbrvr6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 30th, 2002
      Location
      Boca Raton, FL
      Posts
      3,348
      Vehicles
      '11 GTI, '12 VW Passat 2.5 SE,
      04-12-2012 08:28 PM #3738
      Every time I get to the gym, my earphones are in a balled up birds nest. I have no Idea how they get like that, and it takes me 3 minutes to untangle them, and I don't know how to remedy this situation.
      VW's from my past.
      1986 Scirocco 16v, 1998 Jetta GLX Vr6, 2002 Passat 1.8t, 2005 Passat 1.8t, 2009 Passat 2.0t.

    29. Member Rob Cote's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 6th, 2006
      Location
      Beverly, MA
      Posts
      7,922
      Vehicles
      06A3 & 97TJ
      04-12-2012 11:36 PM #3739
      Quote Originally Posted by vwbrvr6 View Post
      Every time I get to the gym, my earphones are in a balled up birds nest. I have no Idea how they get like that, and it takes me 3 minutes to untangle them, and I don't know how to remedy this situation.
      I have the same problem and sort this out while I start running.
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      When i'm lookin' to get er to spread 'em I usually just throw copious amounts of alcohol at the situation.

    30. Member SurferbobGolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2005
      Location
      Tallahassee, Florida
      Posts
      7,764
      Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      04-13-2012 09:31 AM #3740




      I just wrap them around my nano.
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

    31. Member kryptonik's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 26th, 2003
      Location
      Salt Lake City, UT
      Posts
      3,207
      Vehicles
      2014 WRX Limited
      04-13-2012 11:19 AM #3741
      I wrap my headphones up around 3 fingers, and then place the loop in my gym bag.
      Never are they all tangled up

    32. Member vwbrvr6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 30th, 2002
      Location
      Boca Raton, FL
      Posts
      3,348
      Vehicles
      '11 GTI, '12 VW Passat 2.5 SE,
      04-13-2012 11:52 AM #3742
      on the video, gonna try that.
      VW's from my past.
      1986 Scirocco 16v, 1998 Jetta GLX Vr6, 2002 Passat 1.8t, 2005 Passat 1.8t, 2009 Passat 2.0t.

    33. Moderator Basscase's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 24th, 2003
      Location
      PDX
      Posts
      2,717
      Vehicles
      '02 Cooper S
      04-13-2012 06:20 PM #3743
      Quote Originally Posted by kryptonik View Post
      I wrap my headphones up around 3 fingers, and then place the loop in my gym bag.
      Never are they all tangled up
      You can do that. But I take it one step further and wrap them up, then stuff one end into a chapstick cap.
      Don't like something? Report it. We can't be everywhere at all times.

    34. Member ultimate steve's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2003
      Location
      west islip NY
      Posts
      7,285
      Vehicles
      MKVI GTI, carbon steel gray, manual, sunroof/nav
      04-22-2012 07:41 PM #3744
      Behind the back Wrist curls in the power rack/hardwood platform.

    35. Member SurferbobGolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2005
      Location
      Tallahassee, Florida
      Posts
      7,764
      Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      04-23-2012 09:46 AM #3745
      Quote Originally Posted by ultimate steve View Post
      Behind the back Wrist curls in the power rack/hardwood platform.
      I saw this on Friday too.

      I go to Golds, apparently they just released a groupon.
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

    Page 107 of 133 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •