Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 112 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
    Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 4806

Thread: what grinds your gears at the gym?

Vehicles
      Is300
      06-04-2010 02:55 PM #2776
      thats funny leaky, i dont know how big your gym is but if the guy walked around im sure he could figure it out.

my gears were ground because it looks like in the 3 weeks i took off, alot of people have decided to start squatting and deadlifting. kids that ive only witnessed doing chest and arms previously. was there a new article in maxim about doing them or something? theres alot of bad form going around but it really blew my mind.

Then i realized that the racks are going to be alot busier.......
      Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

06-04-2010 03:09 PM #2777
      It's actually pretty big and they moved stuff around for the fights they had a couple weeks ago, but he easily could have found the **** he was looking for without asking me.

Biggest Loser 7 kicked off at the gym last night, whole lot of bigguns in attendance. The winner from the first season of the actual show was guest speaker, and the sales staff was pushing the supplement line hard. From what i have heard, they make it seem like weight loss is not possible if you don't buy their supplements.

Oh, and I think I figured out why all but two of the bars in the place are bent. There's a Samoan family that I see quite a bit. The dad is a nice guy but his kids think they are badasses. Anyway, they load up the bar with seven or so plates a side in the squat rack, use wrist straps, and do 1" ROM shrugs. I think it's just enough to get the bar bouncing like crazy and is causing them to bend. They never re-rack the weights they use, either, just drop the **** on the floor. I am constantly picking that place up so I don't trip over **** and that pisses me off.

3. Member
      06-04-2010 03:12 PM #2778
      Leakypipe has an admirer

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkChad View Post
      my gears were ground because it looks like in the 3 weeks i took off, alot of people have decided to start squatting and deadlifting. kids that ive only witnessed doing chest and arms previously. was there a new article in maxim about doing them or something? theres alot of bad form going around but it really blew my mind.

Then i realized that the racks are going to be alot busier.......
      Yeah, it's been like that at my gym for the past couple months. Everyone's suddenly doing squats and deadlifts. And we only have one squat rack.

I don't warm up on the stationary bike anymore because I'm cold again by the time I'm done waiting for the rack to become available (and there's always a line nowadays). Might as well do it spoolin's way and warm up with light lifts only.

4. 06-04-2010 07:10 PM #2779
      Another vote for lines at the squat rack... something is going on. Kids on 5x5s have gotten out of control at my gym.

Vehicles
      2013 Passat SE
      06-04-2010 10:11 PM #2780
      You see this is why you shouldn't give people good advice over the internet. You guys went squat and dead crazy and now you're paying the price as word is spreading. It all started when the Vortex went down and no one had anything to do, everyone collectively decided it's time to try out Clockwork Chad's workouts!

6. Member
      Vehicles
      1990 Vw Corrado VR6, 2002 Jetta TDI
      06-05-2010 01:20 AM #2781
      I hate when people are on the rack for an hour + doing way to many sets which is pointless and they decide to talk to everyone between every set when I want to get in and get out.

7. 06-05-2010 12:09 PM #2782
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Bionic View Post
      You see this is why you shouldn't give people good advice over the internet. You guys went squat and dead crazy and now you're paying the price as word is spreading. It all started when the Vortex went down and no one had anything to do, everyone collectively decided it's time to try out Clockwork Chad's workouts!

Vehicles
      Is300
      06-07-2010 10:01 AM #2783
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Bionic View Post
      lol - i dont know how much of that is true, but 2 kids i know through the gym that have always been chest and arms kinda guys are now mixing in squats and deads, so after talking to them about legdays and back days it seems like they have finally gotten on board a bit, so i get credit for at least 2.
      Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

Vehicles
      04 Jetta 2.slow
      06-08-2010 04:52 PM #2784
      people doing stupid **** on the squat racks

Vehicles
      2004 Passat Variant
      06-08-2010 05:55 PM #2785
      Quote Originally Posted by euro_verrückt View Post
      people doing stupid **** on the squat racks
      there's a guy who occupies a squat rack for 30 minutes solid with his 'hanging-upside-down' contraption. He has those things you strap around your ankles and hook onto the pull up bar, which one of the TWO squat racks in my gym has. He literally hangs there for 30 minutes while people are waiting.

11. 06-09-2010 09:39 AM #2786
      I guess this actually grinds my gears, or just confuses me.

I go to a golds gym with a bunch a jack3d dudes and even more jacked chicks. There are 3 squat racks and i NEVER wait for them! I never see people squatting, yet so many of them are like 230.

12. 06-09-2010 03:36 PM #2787
      Wow, just when you think you saw every stupid ****ing thing a human being could possibly do in a gym...

13. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      06-10-2010 09:39 AM #2788
      rediculous or not, if those are 45lb plates, he is way stronger than me. i have a hard time making fun of people that are bigger than me

14. 06-10-2010 10:51 AM #2789
      Quote Originally Posted by TheJuggernaut View Post
      Wow, just when you think you saw every stupid ****ing thing a human being could possibly do in a gym...
      why? Just...why?

Anyway I can honestly say there isn't much that grinds my gears at the gym anymore since I own/operate my own facility, lol.

15. Member
      06-10-2010 02:08 PM #2790
      Yesterday, I saw 2 guys popping each others back zits in between bench sets. Jeezus, I wish I was joking.

Vehicles
      1986 Legs and/or 2014 Blue Non-MANual European Turbo Hatch
      06-10-2010 02:16 PM #2791
      Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkChad View Post
      rediculous or not, if those are 45lb plates, he is way stronger than me. i have a hard time making fun of people that are bigger than me
      That's a really strange workout, but damn that dude is strong.

Also, there's this guy that wears a mesh shirt to the gym. He's an older guy, probably mid-40s and in pretty decent shape except he uses a weight belt to constrict his gut and make his upper body look bigger. Kinda weird. He's always clowning around with people and stuff. I don't think I can clown around with a guy in a mesh shirt. I guess I'm not that open-minded.

17. 06-10-2010 03:00 PM #2793
      Quote Originally Posted by TheJuggernaut View Post
      Holy cow, he sure is throwing that weight around.

Not sure if I'd want to be rolling that bar over my junk no matter how much weight was on it.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      Z4, Cayenne S
      06-10-2010 03:13 PM #2794
      Quote Originally Posted by spoolin215 View Post
      why? Just...why?

Anyway I can honestly say there isn't much that grinds my gears at the gym anymore since I own/operate my own facility, lol.
      Because he can

Vehicles
      Focus hatch
      06-16-2010 02:00 PM #2795
      I'm used to lifting in a college gym. Meathead central. Lots of lifters that, well, know what they're doing.I used to think a lot of stuff in this thread was exaggerated because I didn't have many cool stories to tell, bro. That all changed when I squatted at a Bally's today. Omg.

- creepy old dudes staring at me
      - people lifting in jeans and polo shirts
      - wrist curls in the squat rack
      - the squat rack being too tall to let me hit parallel
      - grimy trainer bros pushing supplements
      - creeper **cks in the locker room
      - "pull these weights off for me, honey. i don't want to get too tired"

I no longer think that most people that go to commercial gyms are just lacking info on what they're doing; that can be sought out. I'm now of the opinion that they're all lacking in intelligence. All of them. I can see it in their dead f*cking lifeless eyes. Get the spray bottle of bleach and a towel and wipe down the gene pool, please.

20. Member
      06-16-2010 11:47 PM #2796
      There was this guy doing hanging rows from the chin-up bars at the gym tonight, and it just looked so ****ing cool.

I left the gym resolving to do them myself sometime soon.

21. Member
      06-17-2010 06:17 AM #2797
      Saw some guy yesterday wearing jeans on the elliptical just cheesin' on girls the whole time. He just kept looking around. He spent more time scoping then he did actually exercising. He was grabbing the hand rails and basically just using the machine to hold himself up while he trolled for gym ass. funny thing is, i work out at a gym at the university where I work. Old black guy in jeans looked completely out of place. kinda creeped ME out; I can't imagine how skeeved out the chick next to him was.

Vehicles
      06-17-2010 07:35 AM #2798
      some idiot benching in the smith machine came up and started giving me "advice" in the middle of my set of arnold presses. he kept saying "put your hands closer together, put them closer together and in front of your face." dont EVER bother someone in the middle of a set, especially if you're wrong.

also an older gentleman with a muffin top coming out of his lifting belt in a bandana was approached by a young skinny kid asking what to do for lower back. bandana dude said "dips or hanging leg raises."

Vehicles
      2004 Passat Variant
      06-17-2010 12:49 PM #2799
      two older men at my gym refuse to do their 18+ sets of bicep curls with anything other than an olympic bar and usually 10-20 lbs on either side. What this means for the rest of us:

they either straddle a bench and use it for upwards of 30 minutes, or even better - they take up an entire squat rack for 30 minutes

Vehicles
      1986 Legs and/or 2014 Blue Non-MANual European Turbo Hatch
      06-17-2010 02:30 PM #2800
      There's this middle aged guy that looks like a 10-15 years older Scott Van Pelt that does what I would describe as curtsies on the smith machine with like 25 pound plates. I don't get it.

Page 112 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast