Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 133 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: what grinds your gears at the gym?

Vehicles
      12-23-2008 02:21 PM #36
      my gym has a table with stacks of magazines. theres tons of chicks reading while they workout. i even saw one that reads a thick novel between sets.

Vehicles
      mk5 2.5 rabbit
      12-23-2008 04:04 PM #37
      i forgot about the squat rack bicep curler, and i hate when they put the 5lbs on the end of it, WTF!!!! we have a rack with straight bars for that.

i've yet to experience the couple doing some PDA i cant wait, im going to get in on some of that.

3. Banned
      12-23-2008 04:22 PM #38
      **** if i spent an hour on the elliptical like those chicks i'd probably read magazines too.

what a waste of time.

Vehicles
      2005 Ford Crown Victoria
      12-23-2008 04:23 PM #39
      When everyone stares at you doing Olympic lifts, didn't realize it until a friend mentioned it to me. Since he didn't want to do the lifts since he said everyone would be looking at him.

This also happens if you let the weight drop when doing heavy deadlifts and you loose your grip.

Modified by Steveo989 at 1:24 PM 12-23-2008

Vehicles
      12-24-2008 10:23 AM #40
      i saw a really short guy, maybe 5'4"ish standing on two 45 lb plates just staring at people like a little gopher. weird and awkward.

also a dude doing overhead bb lunges in the middle of the aisle between dumbbells and machines, during the most crowded time of the day. every step he took he almost bumped into someone. the gym actually has an upper level with a quarter track just for lunges, but i guess thats not good enough...

6. 12-24-2008 10:27 AM #41
      well i kinda don't blame him, cuz that's where i would do mine at too. i wouldn't drag a bb with plates on it upstairs to go around a quarter track because i'd block everyone else trying to go by.

Vehicles
      12-24-2008 10:31 AM #42
      Quote, originally posted by SpiffyGTI »
      well i kinda don't blame him, cuz that's where i would do mine at too. i wouldn't drag a bb with plates on it upstairs to go around a quarter track because i'd block everyone else trying to go by.

so you'd pick the busiest time of the day and the busiest aisle to do them in? crossing in front of people, having to stop every two seconds to let someone by? honestly if he went to the gym an hour later he would've been in the clear.

8. 12-24-2008 11:58 AM #43
      i highly doubt the guy specifically picks that time of day to do that particular workout at that exact spot, just because it inconveniences others. i most definitely would not rearrange my workout schedule to accommodate for inconsiderate *******s who wouldn't get out of my way if i were trying to do overhead bb lunges though. i use a similar aisle for lunges. it's between most of the freeweights and the squat racks and stuff. that's where most everyone does their lunges and people are considerate enough to either wait or walk around those doing exercises in the aisle.

9. Banned
      12-24-2008 12:26 PM #44
      i'd rather have people doing overhead barbell lunges in the aisles where people can SEE YOU AND AVOID YOU. if you're overhead bb lunging on the track, not only are you in the way of everybody running, the chances of somebody running into either you or the bar are way too high.

Vehicles
      12-24-2008 12:49 PM #45
      Quote, originally posted by thompo »
      i'd rather have people doing overhead barbell lunges in the aisles where people can SEE YOU AND AVOID YOU. if you're overhead bb lunging on the track, not only are you in the way of everybody running, the chances of somebody running into either you or the bar are way too high.

its not a running track, its 1/8 mile straight meant specifically for lunges. it has multiple lanes for doing so.

i personally did not get in his way and i have nothing against the movement itself. but if i wanted to do it there are other places w/much less traffic, even on the bottom floor.

Vehicles
      12-24-2008 02:17 PM #46
      here, i got one that trumps them all. this afternoon some d-bag left a pen on the safety supports of the squat rack, and then he must've dropped the weights on it and burst it. did he bother cleaning it? nope! he actually put the clips on top of the ink and left! unfortunately i did not see this guy or the ink everywhere since the rack is black, so i grab a clip, squeeze it onto the end of the bar and realize my hands are now covered in blue ink. ultimate douchebaggery, imo.

but on a much nicer note, i was working in w/a friend doing pullups. i could do a lot more than he could. i guess thats technically progress but since theres no thread for it... oh well!

12. 12-24-2008 02:19 PM #47
      blue ink eh? i think you pulled the fire alarm and are making up excuses on how your hands got blue.

Vehicles
      12-24-2008 02:20 PM #48
      Quote, originally posted by showmeyourboost »
      blue ink eh? i think you pulled the fire alarm and are making up excuses on how your hands got blue.

LOL do your hands turn blue when u pull an alarm??

14. 12-24-2008 02:24 PM #49
      some alarms have an ink in them so they know who pulled it. i know a kid who got caught in middle school because of that.

Vehicles
      2005 Ford Crown Victoria
      12-24-2008 02:25 PM #50
      Quote, originally posted by kimlin85 »
      here, i got one that trumps them all. this afternoon some d-bag left a pen on the safety supports of the squat rack, and then he must've dropped the weights on it and burst it. did he bother cleaning it? nope! he actually put the clips on top of the ink and left! unfortunately i did not see this guy or the ink everywhere since the rack is black, so i grab a clip, squeeze it onto the end of the bar and realize my hands are now covered in blue ink. ultimate douchebaggery, imo.

but on a much nicer note, i was working in w/a friend doing pullups. i could do a lot more than he could. i guess thats technically progress but since theres no thread for it... oh well!

That's pretty impressive only one of the girls I have worked out with before could even do a pullup.

Vehicles
      12-24-2008 02:35 PM #51
      Quote, originally posted by Steveo989 »
      That's pretty impressive only one of the girls I have worked out with before could even do a pullup.

my gf can do a lot more than i can, but she gets too intimidated at the gym to do any.

Vehicles
      '90.5 GLI 16V (L90E) , '91 GLI 16V (LA9V), '11 Volvo XC90 R-Design, '13.5 GLI
      12-26-2008 10:55 PM #52
      What really grinds my gears is when someone places their gym bag, workout notebook or what have you on a bench they are not using. So, it looks like the bench is taken. Its like they are using the bench as their own personal table. There is a guy I see do this at my gym and it annoys me beyond belief.
      GLI Collector/16V Lifer

Vehicles
      2005 Acura EL
      12-27-2008 07:36 AM #53
      Quote, originally posted by GLIguy »
      What really grinds my gears is when someone places their gym bag, workout notebook or what have you on a bench they are not using. So, it looks like the bench is taken. Its like they are using the bench as their own personal table. There is a guy I see do this at my gym and it annoys me beyond belief.

Damn bench thing gets me every time. I can never tell if someone is using it or not so I've started just taking whatever bench appears as though it might be free and moving if asked.

Vehicles
      12-27-2008 07:47 AM #54
      Quote, originally posted by Markasaurus! »

Damn bench thing gets me every time. I can never tell if someone is using it or not so I've started just taking whatever bench appears as though it might be free and moving if asked.

yes i know what u mean! yesterday i saw 2 people leave heavy ass DBs on the benches and leave, so you think someone is using it who isn't coming back. i also don't like when people leave their crap on a bench to "save" it and leave the area. yesterday this dbag left his hoodie hanging off the incline bench for a 1/2 hour and kept coming back to use it every 10 min or so. **** that ****.

u ever notice that when u ask to work in w/someone they end up leaving after one more set? maybe its just my timing, but anytime i ask they say yes but then they don't stick around. thats not really a complaint, more of a pleasant observation.

20. 12-27-2008 05:34 PM #55
      uummm wearing sunglasses i realy wanted to ask the kid if he had eye problems....haven't seen him in the year i have been going.

Vehicles
      Saabaru 92x aero
      12-27-2008 06:18 PM #56
      - curling on the squat rack
      - standing really close to the DBs doing excercises so no one can get racked DBs without getting hit in the face
      - not re-racking weights
      - getting 3 sets of DBs at the same time
      - dudes who roll 3 or more deep to hang out at the gym
      - blood on the floor of the bathroom from shooting up
      - dudes who drink water from the fountain then spit it out
      - dudes who dont wipe down the bench after sweating all over it/not using a towel

12-27-2008 06:36 PM #57
      Quote, originally posted by Steveo989 »
      When everyone stares at you doing Olympic lifts, didn't realize it until a friend mentioned it to me. Since he didn't want to do the lifts since he said everyone would be looking at him.

Anything over 315 pulls an audience at my gym.

It's all about squats and deads.

Vehicles
      mk5 2.5 rabbit
      12-28-2008 12:46 PM #58
      got a new one over the weekend, some d bag leaves his gym bag under the water fountain
      (its my local gym so its kind of small but close by and has all the right stuff) so what do you think happens every time you go for a drink.. i kept kicking it with my foot and of course some water falls on it. needless to say by the time he got back to his bag is was kind of wet.

i love seeing the 3 or more group of guys just circle jerk around the weight rack or a machine.

Modified by cstjetta at 5:48 PM 12-28-2008

Vehicles
      12-28-2008 12:49 PM #59
      Quote, originally posted by cstjetta »
      got a new one over the weekend, some d bag leaves his gym bag under the water fountain
      (its my local gym so its kind of small but close by and has all the right stuff) so what do you think happens every time you go for a drink.. i kept kicking it with my foot and of course some water falls on it. needless to say by the time he got back to his bag is was kind of wet.

i love seeing the 3 or more group of guys just circle jerk around the weight rack or a machine.

Modified by cstjetta at 5:48 PM 12-28-2008

does your gym have a locker room? you should've filled the bag w/water, imo.

yes the circle jerk groups gathered in the gym boggles my mind. yesterday there were young teenage boys congregating around the bench. i didn't see anyone use it though, just talk about it.

Vehicles
      mk5 2.5 rabbit
      12-29-2008 01:31 AM #60
      yeah we do, but next to the water fountain they also have storage for bags and so forth, yet the guy didnt use one

the gym is nothing to fancy or big. still a great gym to workout in.

january 1st is coming up, time for a whole new set of people to hate.

Vehicles
      '97 Passat w/ V, '02 Jetta w/ T
      12-29-2008 09:40 AM #61
      1. People with awful form

2. Women that hog machines by reading magazines while doing ump-teen reps of an exercise because they have the weight way too light.

3. People who look asleep while on the machines (one lady seriously had her eyes closed and looked like a zombie while she was doing her 10lb chest presses)

4. Trainers that act better than me simply because I don't want to pay them for their sh*tty advice.

5. Overall gym ignorance.

Daily Driven

Whatta you lookin at butthead

Vehicles
      Blackish Green
      12-29-2008 09:59 AM #62
      Quote, originally posted by eve16v »
      the people that don't wipe their nasty sweat off of the equipment they just used...

+1

also hate when people want to talk sports with me as i work out...slows down my 1min breaks in between sets

Vehicles
      98 cabrio VR6
      12-29-2008 10:10 AM #63
      so we have a suggestion/comments/complaints book at the gym and over the past 2 weeks i have written a couple things in there, as well as others in the gym have written things. there is a spot underneath each line for the club manager to write something down as a response. this book sits for weeks without the manager writing a damn thing in it.

well yesterday i went in and looked at the book hoping to see some responses filled out and in big bold letters across everyone elses written suggestions/complaints some bitch writes, "You people complain too much, get a ****ing life"

I want to ring this hookers neck. our club is ****. nobody puts weights away, there are holes in the sheet rock walls, there are lights out in the bathroom that have been out for weeks, there is broken equipment that has been sitting for weeks, they even leave full trash bags out by the power rack in the back corner instead of taking them outside to the dumpster. most of these things could be remedied in a matter of hours, or in the case of the broken equipment maybe a day or two to get someone to come out. but seriously, lights out in the bathroom for weeks? trash bags out in the main area of the club for days? i mean honestly it just lacks upkeep... and this book is here for a reason. and then this ****ing testicle juggling super whore has the nerve to tell us not to be complaining?

Vehicles
      12-29-2008 12:07 PM #64
      Sounds like you need to take your money elsewhere. You work hard for it, so don't let some lazy @ss people enjoy it. Gyms are popping up every block anymore. Start searching and good luck!
      Daily Driven

30. 12-29-2008 01:11 PM #65
      i saw a really short guy, maybe 5'4"ish standing on two 45 lb plates just staring at people like a little gopher. weird and awkward.

Maybe Frodo was looking for Mt Mordor?

Vehicles
      12-29-2008 02:23 PM #66
      Quote, originally posted by WolfsburgTurbo »

Maybe Frodo was looking for Mt Mordor?

you have no idea how much i've missed you.

32. 12-29-2008 02:27 PM #67

you have no idea how much i've missed you.

I've been busy, but it's good to be missed.

33. 12-29-2008 02:51 PM #68
      Quote, originally posted by 2.0lover »
      so we have a suggestion/comments/complaints book at the gym and over the past 2 weeks i have written a couple things in there, as well as others in the gym have written things. there is a spot underneath each line for the club manager to write something down as a response. this book sits for weeks without the manager writing a damn thing in it.

well yesterday i went in and looked at the book hoping to see some responses filled out and in big bold letters across everyone elses written suggestions/complaints some bitch writes, "You people complain too much, get a ****ing life"

I want to ring this hookers neck. our club is ****. nobody puts weights away, there are holes in the sheet rock walls, there are lights out in the bathroom that have been out for weeks, there is broken equipment that has been sitting for weeks, they even leave full trash bags out by the power rack in the back corner instead of taking them outside to the dumpster. most of these things could be remedied in a matter of hours, or in the case of the broken equipment maybe a day or two to get someone to come out. but seriously, lights out in the bathroom for weeks? trash bags out in the main area of the club for days? i mean honestly it just lacks upkeep... and this book is here for a reason. and then this ****ing testicle juggling super whore has the nerve to tell us not to be complaining?

dude, take the trash out yourself so it doesn't stink, THEN......

you will have the perfect gym.

low upkeep gyms repel uppity lazy b**ches, and promote meatheads.

I should take pics of my gym, it's a total dungeon.

Vehicles
      98 cabrio VR6
      12-29-2008 03:14 PM #69
      Quote, originally posted by ::xander:: »

dude, take the trash out yourself so it doesn't stink, THEN......

you will have the perfect gym.

low upkeep gyms repel uppity lazy b**ches, and promote meatheads.

I should take pics of my gym, it's a total dungeon.

i wish. if it was dungeon-esque at all, i doubt it would have a book for suggestions in the first place... but it is the complete opposite, and the lazy bitches are abundant. this is actually why i like my gym. i am the only one who uses the free weights. there are lines to use the ellipticals, but the power rack is mine and everyone knows it

i do want to look for a new gym though... i think i would benefit from starting to lift with and be around some bigger guys at this point. but i have to wait until my GFs contract with this gym ends now~

Modified by 2.0lover at 2:15 PM 12-29-2008

Vehicles
      12-29-2008 03:31 PM #70
      I hear ya on that one. I have the weights pretty much to myself at my gym. I get looks all the time but that's because I'm one of about 3 people there that actually work hard. Wish I could go somewhere else, but my membership is free because of my wife's work, so I really can't complain too much.

No matter where you go, you're going to run into ignorance. Use the frustration to fuel your fire to go heavier.

Daily Driven

Page 2 of 133 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast