Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: what grinds your gears at the gym?

Vehicles
      mk5 2.5 rabbit
      12-29-2008 05:10 PM #71
      just got back from my gym, they bought this new stupid azz machine, i call it the shack n back machine. where it vibrates for like 30 seconds as you hold a position say calf raises. WTF no ones on it, the only time i saw it used was when a trainer was using it with a client.
      again money used on a machine that wont be used by everyday people FAIL AGAIN

Vehicles
      Is300
      12-29-2008 06:04 PM #72
      the obese 30-50 year old women that are on the treadmill at 1.5mph drive me insane because you KNOW they go and complain to the husbands that they went to the gym for an hour a day, 5 days a week, for a month, and nothing happened.
      Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

Vehicles
      1990 Corrado g60
      12-29-2008 06:52 PM #73
      Quote, originally posted by dolemite »

- standing really close to the DBs doing excercises so no one can get racked DBs without getting hit in the face

I like this one. hahaha. Just get uncomfortably close to the person.. Sorta behind and to the side of them. Stare at them if there is a mirror.. they will get the idea. And it's hilarious when they get mad.

4. 12-29-2008 08:39 PM #74
      Quote, originally posted by ClockworkChad »
      the obese 30-50 year old women that are on the treadmill at 1.5mph drive me insane because you KNOW they go and complain to the husbands that they went to the gym for an hour a day, 5 days a week, for a month, and nothing happened.

quoted for TRUFF!!!

that's my biggest pet peeve, people that 'claim' they put in all this work and dedication and effort...and it didn't do anything.

the FACT is, being healthy and eating properly can be proven MATHEMATICALLY. The basic premise of all of it boils down to math, there is no way you can tell me it didn't work on you.

my blood pressure is going up just thinking about it...I need to smoke a bowl.

Vehicles
      mk5 2.5 rabbit
      12-30-2008 12:05 AM #75
      Quote, originally posted by DubUnit »

I like this one. hahaha. Just get uncomfortably close to the person.. Sorta behind and to the side of them. Stare at them if there is a mirror.. they will get the idea. And it's hilarious when they get mad.

im going to do that next time i go to like 24 cause i hate the people at 24. the story will be better if i get punched

Vehicles
      12-30-2008 05:58 PM #76
      well its official. i finally saw two guidos doing curls in the squat rack...

i was also told by a random guy that i need to check my form during squats so im going to have to take a video and ask for critique on here. he was cool about it though, not douchey.

edit: i forgot to mention the dude who did one set of quarter squats in the calf raise machine.

Modified by kimlin85 at 5:08 PM 12-30-2008

7. 12-30-2008 08:06 PM #77
      nobody else hates the kids/guys who walk around in beaters thinking they are hot ****? do a set, walk around so people can see them, then stare/flex in the mirror for a bit.

this bothers me because its always the smaller guys that wear beaters. the big guys always wear long sleeves and hoodies.

i also hate the fat kids at the gym that claim they are powerlifters.
      no bitch, your fat because your lazy. im half their weight and bench more.

8. Member
      12-30-2008 08:32 PM #78
      I honestly cannot go to the gym anymore because I always think of threads like this and the previous that guy threads. I have such a huge fear of being that guy that I just use the stuff we have at home. Oh well, at least I am getting results.

Oh, and I hate the social locker room nudity. I'm from a small town and my old 75 year old neighbor sat down naked next to me in the hot tub and asked me about my parents

Vehicles
      '97 BMW 540i, '09 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
      12-30-2008 08:50 PM #79
      Quote, originally posted by 2.0lover »
      so we have a suggestion/comments/complaints book at the gym and over the past 2 weeks i have written a couple things in there, as well as others in the gym have written things. there is a spot underneath each line for the club manager to write something down as a response. this book sits for weeks without the manager writing a damn thing in it.

well yesterday i went in and looked at the book hoping to see some responses filled out and in big bold letters across everyone elses written suggestions/complaints some bitch writes, "You people complain too much, get a ****ing life"

I want to ring this hookers neck. our club is ****. nobody puts weights away, there are holes in the sheet rock walls, there are lights out in the bathroom that have been out for weeks, there is broken equipment that has been sitting for weeks, they even leave full trash bags out by the power rack in the back corner instead of taking them outside to the dumpster. most of these things could be remedied in a matter of hours, or in the case of the broken equipment maybe a day or two to get someone to come out. but seriously, lights out in the bathroom for weeks? trash bags out in the main area of the club for days? i mean honestly it just lacks upkeep... and this book is here for a reason. and then this ****ing testicle juggling super whore has the nerve to tell us not to be complaining?

you said the book never gets checked.. maybe it wasn't even the manager who wrote that??? pretty quick to point the finger since anyone could have written that without the staff knowing. but either way, that place sounds like a ****-hole

Vehicles
      '97 BMW 540i, '09 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
      12-30-2008 08:55 PM #80
      oh and gotta love the shadow boxers!! you know the skinny kids that throw punches in front of a mirror (and db rack so nobody can get by) after doing a set of 15lb curls. at least they stand in front of the light dumbbell rack that nobody uses..

11. Member
      Vehicles
      Z4, Cayenne S
      12-30-2008 09:38 PM #81
      Quote, originally posted by Matt15 »
      oh and gotta love the shadow boxers!! ..

back in the day, i used to see a guy in his 60s shadow box while jogging on the threadmill, while wearing a belt. i was amused until i saw him work the heavy bag. he was hitting that thing like it owed him money. he could do some serious damage to a person

12. Banned
      12-30-2008 09:48 PM #82
      i was doing one armed db presses today.

ended with 100x3, as i was struggling with my second rep this huge (pretty fat) dude more or less stood over the top of me and glared. he was literally straddling my right foot and was acting like he was going to "help", but basically just mean mugged me from two feet away from my face. it made me really, really uncomfortable. not because he was that close, but it really felt like he was trying to intimidate me.

the third rep was really, really slow, and about halfway through it the guy reaches out as if he's going to help me. i yelled "DONT TOUCH IT" and he stepped back with a really pissed off look.

i finished the rep and set the db on my knee and asked the guy (very politely) what he honestly thought he was going to accomplish while standing in front of me, and he told me "you needed help, man, be a ****in jerk about it" and i freaked on him.

i said "can you lateral raise a 100lb dumbbell? what happens if i start losing the weight to the back, are you going to run around and grab it before my ****ing shoulder pops? spot somebody the right way dude, thats all i'm asking"

this ****er had the balls to say, "maybe you shouldn't be lifting weights this heavy, dick" and walked away. if i could throw a 100lb db i would've, i've never had anything but pleasant words with anybody at the gym before and this was just ridiculous.

Vehicles
      12-30-2008 09:57 PM #83
      wow wtf. that sucks. its def irritating when people try to chime in and "help" you out.

14. Banned
      12-30-2008 09:59 PM #84
      thats not it though.

if he would've spotted me the right way i might have been able to crank out another rep. and i would've said thanks, and he'd say i was welcome, and we'd part ways.

but he was seriously a **********, and it really pissed me off because he was alot bigger than me and was clearly trying to give me the impression that he thought he was tough ****.

spotting somebody the WRONG way is a great way for somebody to get injured about as easily as somebody using wrong form on a lift.

Vehicles
      12-30-2008 10:05 PM #85
      you should've told him that he knows nothing about project mantis, imo.

16. 12-30-2008 11:10 PM #86
      People.

17. Banned
      12-31-2008 04:04 AM #87
      who spots somebody from the front on a bench press?

better yet, who looks somebody in the eye (rather than, you know, their lift) while they're spotting them?

did i just get hit on?

ah ****.

Vehicles
      mk5 2.5 rabbit
      12-31-2008 03:43 PM #88
      i like the little Mexican kids(16-19) that come in. usually about 3-5 of them and they just walk in the beaters skinny as F.
      go over to the all mighty bench press and lift the most amount of weight with the worst forum and wonder why they hurt after doing it.

19. 01-02-2009 01:15 PM #89
      well i have now seen two of the previous items mentioned in this thread.
      as i was riding the stationary bike i saw a 45 50 year old lady on another stationary bike..
      she burned exactly 60 calories in 35 min.. how do you do that? you can burn more eating a hamburger for god sake..
      and number two. busiest time of the day at the gym.. some out of shape 50 year old guy looking straight out of a 70's action movies doing dumbbell rows while leaning on the rack that i needed to get to to get the weights. so i did as another person here did. i got way into his personal space and had to actually weave out of the way of the weight coming up while i grabbed my weights! he looked at me like i was a d@ck... it was funny..
      -jess

Vehicles
      mk5 2.5 rabbit
      01-02-2009 03:27 PM #90
      yes finally someone that gets to close to a D bag.
      today my gyms finally open since being closed over jan 1st.

i hope we have some new grinders

21. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      01-02-2009 03:39 PM #91
      Quote, originally posted by autodubbin98 »
      nobody else hates the kids/guys who walk around in beaters thinking they are hot ****? do a set, walk around so people can see them, then stare/flex in the mirror for a bit.

how bout the skinny kids packed into size extra small under armor

Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

Vehicles
      01-03-2009 11:04 AM #92
      saw ANOTHER guy using the calf raise machine to do 1/4 squats in... its got to be the 4th or 5th time in the last month! i also made a crack about people curling in the squat rack to the guy working at the smoothie bar. he was very confused as to why thats wrong, and he said he always does them... wack.

Vehicles
      2013 GLI Autobahn w/Nav
      01-03-2009 03:01 PM #93
      Quote, originally posted by GLIguy »
      What really grinds my gears is when someone places their gym bag, workout notebook or what have you on a bench they are not using. So, it looks like the bench is taken. Its like they are using the bench as their own personal table. There is a guy I see do this at my gym and it annoys me beyond belief.

I'm with you, GLIguy. Hate that beyond belief.

24. Banned
      01-03-2009 04:11 PM #94
      i asked a guy if i could work in with him on the dip station last night.... and he said no.

Vehicles
      01-03-2009 04:17 PM #95
      Quote, originally posted by thompo »
      i asked a guy if i could work in with him on the dip station last night.... and he said no.

thats when you say "i wasn't asking you, i was telling you." and you just do them anyways... what a dbag.

26. 01-03-2009 06:10 PM #96
      that resolutioners that bust out their "gym gear" from the last time they stepped in the gym. ie: shorts/shirts that are way too small, then stare down everyone in their path like they are hot ****.

sweet dude, your lifting the same weight as me, not hard when its the same as your body weight. imo.

Vehicles
      mk5 2.5 rabbit
      01-03-2009 06:24 PM #97
      Quote, originally posted by ClockworkChad »

how bout the skinny kids packed into size extra small under armor

i got you beat how about 45 year old who does it, small under armor when he should be using large. and hes an ******* at the gym to, thinks hes king. im going to drop some weight on him next time.

28. 01-03-2009 08:06 PM #98

I had that happen. I was in disbelief.

29. Banned
      01-03-2009 08:11 PM #99
      "nah man, i got like three sets left"

"cool, so can i work in?"

"i only got three sets man. i'll be done in ten minutes."

i kinda chuckled (and wanted to kill him) and went and did something else.

Vehicles
      01-03-2009 09:27 PM #100

i don't think he was being a douchebag, i think he was just plain stupid. maybe he doesn't know what working in means?

Vehicles
      2005 Ford Crown Victoria
      01-03-2009 09:34 PM #101

You should have just pulled out a gun and killed him on spot, then screamed BOOM HEADSHOT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olm7xC-gBMY

Modified by Steveo989 at 5:36 PM 1-3-2009

Vehicles
      mk5 2.5 rabbit
      01-03-2009 11:50 PM #102
      ive never understood the NO to working in, its like your taking a break let me get in and ill be finished in like 1 minute and your back to your next set. seeesh the balls on some people.

Vehicles
      2005 Ford Crown Victoria
      01-04-2009 12:01 AM #103
      I say no if there is more than one person though because then I end up waiting on them.

01-06-2009 12:34 AM #104
      I made a new pal today. We will call him Greasy Russian.

Thank you, Greasy Russian, for inspiring me.

You glared at me and sneered because a had 185 on the bar and you loaded 315.

You did three sets of 2ish. I did 9x3.

You didn't get the bar below six inches from your chest. Not only did my bar touch my chest, it paused there and then exploded upward.

Your bar looked like a see saw going up. My bar was level all the way up.

I take pride in knowing I can lift more than 97% of the people that have memberships to my gym. I despise you, Greasy Russian.

And because of that, you inspire me.

It's all about squats and deads.

Vehicles
      '97 Passat w/ V, '02 Jetta w/ T
      01-06-2009 09:41 AM #105
      The new years resolutioners have hit the gym full force. Last night I was asked to spot one of these creatures as he did decline db presses. Right off the bat he says he hopes to do 12 but wants to get out 15. Not one single rep was done with any proper form what-so-ever. I got more of a workout trying to align his arms then he got from actually lifting the weight.

My workout also took about 30 mins longer than usual thanks to retards stealing my dbs and not letting me work in with them. Cardio machines were packed so I had to skip out on that too.

Anger rising

Daily Driven

Whatta you lookin at butthead

Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast