Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL Thread of FILM Photography

1. 12-01-2011 11:30 PM #626
      thats the beauty of it.....cheap shots
      http://awwsheeet.com
      Boys will be boys!
      Good or Bad comments?, I dont care just keep talking about it.

Vehicles
      98 Golf
      12-02-2011 05:04 PM #627
      Quote Originally Posted by ohsnappe2 View Post
      thats the beauty of it.....cheap shots
      Cheap thrills.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      Mk4
      12-06-2011 10:18 AM #628
      Been a while since I've been in here. Shot some lomo 800 color recently, highest ISO film I've shot so far. Need to get that and another roll developed soon.

Edit: Great shots recently Eric. Diggin it man.
      Last edited by Lower it!!; 12-06-2011 at 10:22 AM.
      WFSU | VWFiends | Shake's Estate

4. 12-06-2011 10:07 PM #629
      yeah thanks! im a few shots short on my hassey so ill finish that up.

cvs is a great place to get 35mm developed. just develop and scan is 6 bucks
      Boys will be boys!

Vehicles
      98 Golf
      12-06-2011 11:28 PM #630
      yeah thanks! im a few shots short on my hassey so ill finish that up.

cvs is a great place to get 35mm developed. just develop and scan is 6 bucks
      Which Hasselblad do you have? I want one so badly. My instructor brought his in today and I got to hold it. I must say, the ergonomics are amazing on those cameras.

6. 12-06-2011 11:34 PM #631
      i had a mamiya 645 pro tl for a while. its similar and easier to use...the 503cw i have to say makes you think more. also i like the color and contrast zeiss lens produce. ultimately its just another camera i have in rotation.

get one....its cheap!!! you can get everything you need to shoot for around 800 bucks ! you can always sell it for what you got it for probably in 3 years...try that with any dslr
      Boys will be boys!

Vehicles
      98 Golf
      12-07-2011 09:45 AM #632
      i had a mamiya 645 pro tl for a while. its similar and easier to use...the 503cw i have to say makes you think more. also i like the color and contrast zeiss lens produce. ultimately its just another camera i have in rotation.

get one....its cheap!!! you can get everything you need to shoot for around 800 bucks ! you can always sell it for what you got it for probably in 3 years...try that with any dslr
      How does the 503cw make you think more? Does it shoot the 6x6 format? I'd be interested in trying that format out just because of the square nature. I feel you would have to think a little more about how to frame a shot with that format as compared to the 6x7 I use. Not saying I do not think about composition but that the 6x6 is more of a challenge.

Also, the ability to resell old film cameras at a high price, possibly what you paid for them is one of the benefits of those cameras. Especially Hasselbladss, since they're built to withstand a nuclear blast and because their craftsmanship is second to none.

8. 12-07-2011 11:02 PM #633
      Quote Originally Posted by Citizen_Erased View Post
      How does the 503cw make you think more? Does it shoot the 6x6 format? I'd be interested in trying that format out just because of the square nature. I feel you would have to think a little more about how to frame a shot with that format as compared to the 6x7 I use. Not saying I do not think about composition but that the 6x6 is more of a challenge.

Also, the ability to resell old film cameras at a high price, possibly what you paid for them is one of the benefits of those cameras. Especially Hasselbladss, since they're built to withstand a nuclear blast and because their craftsmanship is second to none.
      its all mechanical with no meter. most dont have ttl and framing square for composition is weird if you are used to rectangle formats. coupled with a waist level finder and 12 to 24 shots perroll if you are used to 36 exp or digital? its like everything is flipped turned upside down across the board all the way down to how you hold it.
      Boys will be boys!

Vehicles
      glorified Volkswagen for middle class white women
      12-11-2011 04:18 PM #634

Untitled by zaygphoto, on Flickr

flickr | Follow me on instagram: @ginger_reporter

10. 12-14-2011 12:46 PM #635
      Boys will be boys!

Vehicles
      98 Golf
      12-19-2011 11:53 AM #636
      I'm assuming that's a 6x6 from the Hasslblad. Lots of grain for a medium format negative.

12. Member
      12-20-2011 12:24 PM #637
      After sitting on these rolls for about 2 years, yes I know, I'm a slacker, I finally sent these out to be processed. I was using a Russian Hasse' knockoff from the 60s, some of the shots came out great, others had serious light damage issues. Here's a small sample. I have about 50 or 60 total, but I'm not going to clutter up this thread.

some weird vignetting and light lines on this one:

and one of the wife in SanFran just off of Lombard. again with some distortion.

C&C appreciated.

13. 12-21-2011 01:23 PM #638
      Thanks for posting

Do you remember what film type and speed you were using? I know it was two years ago...I can hardly remember that stuff from last week..

Anyway, I would recommend trying to stay conscious of keeping the horizons straight and controlling distortion a bit like in any other photog medium.

Do you still have that knockoff camera around?

Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      This has to be my jam right now. If I had a few more subcontractors intothis type of **** the old lady would be done by now. Give me the kayak you know somebody is being a poseureur about.
      Oh My Tumblr: DGDCphotography.tumblr.com

Vehicles
      98 Golf
      12-21-2011 01:57 PM #639
      It's nice to see another user acknowledge the analog thread. Was the camera a Kiev 88?

15. Member
      12-21-2011 02:17 PM #640
      man, I didn't realize how off my horizons were until you pointed it out. I guess that's one of the challenges of a waist level finder. I'll fix them in post before I do anything serious with them.

And yes, it is a Kiev and a lesser known Caciot (sp?) body. I have 2, one has a sticky shutter so I grabbed a backup body.

Vehicles
      98 Golf
      12-21-2011 03:11 PM #641
      Out of the set, I like the first and third. However, I feel that the first one would benefit with someone sitting in the chair. Also, I would like to have the entire windmill blade in the frame. That kind of thing bothers me.

17. Member
      12-21-2011 03:45 PM #642
      thanks for the C&C. I'll post up some more when I get back on the desktop. I agree, the clipped fan blade is a little annoying but it's not like I clipped off someone's arm or leg, that's the worst.

Vehicles
      Currently: '07 Passat Wagon. Past: '73 Bug, '99 Cabrio, and '97 Jazz Blue GTI.
      12-21-2011 03:48 PM #643
      Funny, for as long as I have been around the tex, I really haven't ever looked at this thread. I guess it is because, I don't post as much as I used to. Anyways, we shoot a fair amount of film for our weddings. Most of the wedding stuff is shot digitally, but if the wedding has the right light, we may shoot a number of rolls of film. The film cameras that we may use are a Hasselblad H2, Yashica 124G, Canon EOS 1V, Polaroid 600SE (with Fuji Pack film), and am trying to get the Impossible Project film down to start bringing one of my Polaroid SX-70. Here is one to share:

Hassy H2 w/100mm 2.2 lens:
      Editorial Photography: www.dejauregui.com
      Wedding Photography: www.erinheartscourt.com
      Wedding Blog: http://blog.erinheartscourt.com
      Instagram: @dejauregui

Vehicles
      98 Golf
      12-21-2011 03:54 PM #644
      Quote Originally Posted by synthsis View Post
      thanks for the C&C. I'll post up some more when I get back on the desktop. I agree, the clipped fan blade is a little annoying but it's not like I clipped off someone's arm or leg, that's the worst.
      If you were making a portrait of someone then I nit-pick about chopping off limbs, but since the only photo of a person seems to be a snapshot it's not a big deal.

20. 12-21-2011 06:28 PM #645
      I always dig your stuff Azul

I currently have a roll of Ilford Delta 100 and Fujichrome 100 at the lab being processed. Ilford has been my favorite B&W film I've used in my short history of working with 35mm and the Fuji100 is the first roll of velvia I've shot.

I'm really excited to see the results
      This has to be my jam right now. If I had a few more subcontractors intothis type of **** the old lady would be done by now. Give me the kayak you know somebody is being a poseureur about.

Vehicles
      98 Golf
      12-21-2011 07:55 PM #646
      Quote Originally Posted by peoples_car View Post
      I always dig your stuff Azul

I currently have a roll of Ilford Delta 100 and Fujichrome 100 at the lab being processed. Ilford has been my favorite B&W film I've used in my short history of working with 35mm and the Fuji100 is the first roll of velvia I've shot.

I'm really excited to see the results
      Ilford makes a good product and their films are very forgiving.

22. 12-21-2011 08:34 PM #647
      Quote Originally Posted by Citizen_Erased View Post
      Ilford makes a good product and their films are very forgiving.
      Have to agree with the forgiving part - I couldn't believe detail showed up in both the blown out sky and dark shadow areas of this one. The only post I did in post was crop

Ilford XP2 2 by delgiudice, on Flickr

23. 12-28-2011 11:18 AM #648
      Boys will be boys!

24. 12-29-2011 09:56 PM #649
      Quote Originally Posted by peoples_car View Post
      I currently have a roll of Ilford Delta 100 and Fujichrome 100 at the lab being processed.
      I picked these up today and am going to post the best of's in two separate posts.

First up is the Delta 100
      Lady Friend (she's going to kill me that this was posted on a forum)

Smile! by delgiudice, on Flickr

I really love my N80

Zeko by delgiudice, on Flickr

DC has the best flag

DC Stars by delgiudice, on Flickr

Love this one

The Drifter by delgiudice, on Flickr

Hit up the Occupy DC camp

Occupy K St by delgiudice, on Flickr

Takeover by delgiudice, on Flickr

Apparently this dude is letting the ass chase him

Chasin' Ass by delgiudice, on Flickr

Killin' Time by delgiudice, on Flickr

I love the tent/camp in front of the cityscape backdrop

Urban Campsite by delgiudice, on Flickr

Word...

Whiskey or Death by delgiudice, on Flickr

I finally picked up a yellow correction filter for all future outdoor rolls of black and white....wtFF was I thinking not buying one of these earlier??

More ahead

25. 12-29-2011 10:22 PM #650
      Here are my first Velvia 100 colorslides. Digital Color Photography is now officially dead to me. Today is now day 1 of year 0..my D50 will be relegated to practicing off camera lighting and toting around on a whim.

Any serious outdoor street, nature, etc shooting will be shot with Velvia and I'm not looking back.

This was just a casual walk around to test color rendition and exposure; no filters and the only PP work was a quick resizing of each plus a slight crop or two here and there.

First frame of Velvia

Velvia 100 20 by delgiudice, on Flickr

Does anyone know what the hell this is?

Velvia 100 18 by delgiudice, on Flickr

The BLUE!!

Velvia 100 17 by delgiudice, on Flickr

Velvia 100 16 by delgiudice, on Flickr

Velvia 100 13 by delgiudice, on Flickr

Such range!

Velvia 100 14 by delgiudice, on Flickr

Not bad for shooting into the sun

Velvia 100 12 by delgiudice, on Flickr

Ze Colors!

Velvia 100 11 by delgiudice, on Flickr

I shot this alleyway plastered in Shepard Fairey over the summer with my D50 and came back to finish off the last of this roll. This time around was late in the day and the wall was covered in shadow so it's not nearly what it could be. I'll be back a third time, for sure.

Velvia 100 8 by delgiudice, on Flickr

Colors are very muted in this one

Velvia 100 7 by delgiudice, on Flickr

Velvia 100 3 by delgiudice, on Flickr

Velvia 100 1 by delgiudice, on Flickr

10 packs of Velvia 50 & 100 have been ordered and are currently on their way

Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast