Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Help.... Fault Code 16795 : P0411

1. 12-29-2008 06:23 PM #1
      I got fault code on my 2001 VW Jetta 1.8T AWD and have been getting it on regular intervals.

16795- Secondary Air injection system: Incorrect Flow Detected
      P0411-35-00- -

I took my car to a shop and they said, ohh your secondary air pump is faulty and it will cost you $900. I thought this couldn't be right so after doing a little bit of search on VWvortex forums I found out this link http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1983650 It tells me that one of the vacuum supply line could be torn. So I went back to my car and indeed found out that one of the lines is torn. But I am not sure if this line is indeed the one which could be causing this trouble as I am a newbie. So I took some picture so that I could ask you guys for your help.

Line A-B is the one with cracks. It is connected by a valve (I don't know what kind of valve it is) and it passes below Mass Air Flow Sensor.

The circled areas are where you could see cracks on the hose on both sides of the valve.
      1. Is this the vacuum supply line? Do you think this is the one causing the fault code?
      2. Where can I find good hose which will last me some time? What would be the specification for this hose?

I really appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks guys!!

2. 12-29-2008 06:26 PM #2
      I have another problem. It has to do with A/C. I tried posting it at other place but nobody replied so I am posting it here.

About 6 months ago my car's A/C was blowing hot air and that was just before the summer. So I took the car to a mechanic and he said that freon pressure was low. On his recommendation I put in two small cans of freon. (Ohh by the way, now I feel that mechanics was no good). Putting 2 cans of freon didn't solve the problem. Later on I found out at a car shop that Jetta's AC system gets disabled when engine gets hot. It was because my water pump's plastic impeller blade was broken. Anyway recently I got all heating related problems fixed along with new timing and serpentine belt replaced. Now I have noticed that when I switch on A/C the car starts jerking on regular intervals while I am driving. I can really feel the surge in the engine almost every 30-40 seconds when I driving the car and I find it scary. The A/C is blowing cold air though.

So what could be the reason for the engine surge or jerk every 30-40 seconds? How can it be fixed?

3. 01-01-2009 01:15 AM #3
      the line u have pictured is the brake booster vacuum line, u may want to get that swapped asap, not taped. lol. the engine surge from the ac is wierd, like as if the clutch on the ac compressor is engagin and disengaging constantly. that can be a electrical or mechanical issue. others can chime in on the ac issue. as far as the pump, just do the sai delete and throw a resistor in its place, it'll be one less thing for u to worry bout and no need for a 900 replacement. Have a happy new year