Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: '02 1.8T Jetta not shifting gears from 1st, when cold

Vehicles
      02 1.8T Jetta WGN
      06-05-2012 06:47 PM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by byeh View Post
      Thanks! I'm going to do that and give the printouts to them. - It seems to shift fine now - but I do notice some slight sluggishness; I have the feeling I'm going to have to ask him to do the solenoids eventually. - Thanks for the advice!
      - UPDATE - Kept driving with the slugishness "wait for it to warm up" trick - and two days ago it absolutley would not come out of 1st gear. (totally undrivable) - no amount of letting it warm up works. Ordered a set of new solenoids and am having them put in - will keep you guys posted to the results after the solenoid set replacement.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      06-06-2012 11:35 AM #142
      did you try the manual mode as suggested here? it might work for the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by byeh View Post
      - UPDATE - Kept driving with the slugishness "wait for it to warm up" trick - and two days ago it absolutley would not come out of 1st gear. (totally undrivable) - no amount of letting it warm up works. Ordered a set of new solenoids and am having them put in - will keep you guys posted to the results after the solenoid set replacement.

3. Senior Member Big Dac With Fries's Avatar
      Vehicles
      6000 SUX
      06-06-2012 11:39 AM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by radlynx View Post
      did you try the manual mode as suggested here? it might work for the meantime.
      Manual mode didn't work for me.

After it warmed up, it worked, as well as in regular mode.

Come to think of it, that may have been the only time I've driven the car in Tiptronic mode!
      Want to roll your fenders or Lamin-X your lights in clear or yellow for THE ABSOLUTE CHEAPEST PRICE IN THE GTA? IM me!
      "I was thinking about what a friend had said, I was hoping it was a lie."

Vehicles
      02 1.8T Jetta WGN
      06-12-2012 09:25 PM #144
      Just picked up the car from transmission shop. Had all of the solenoids replaced and the fluid changed. Seems to have fixed the problem completely (though there is a bit of sluggishness at low speeds between Gear 2-3) - This is totally consistent with other vortex users posts. BTW: the tiptronic shifting workaround did not work for me at all.

mechanic at the transmission shop seemed to think it was something else like the secondary clutch or anything that would require 2K or a rebuild. I was adamant to try the solenoids first.

Well this seems to have fixed it for now. Cost 1K for parts and labor ( I could have saved a lot of cash by doing the work myself but I don't have the time). I hope it holds up. The car (02' 1.8T GLS wagon) is not inspiring confidence... only 80K on the mileage and I have taken very good care of this car..no modifications or hard driving ...still it seems that around 60K almost all of the engine components failed one after another sensors, vacuum lines, ignition coils, crank sensor thermostat etc....

Thanks Guys &
      Hope this car has a few more years of life left. Sigh.

Vehicles
      '02 Jetta GLS 1.8t
      08-06-2012 11:53 AM #145
      I've got an '02 Jetta 1.8t with automatic/tiptronic transmission.

Yesterday morning, around 10:30 or so, my wife and I went shopping. I started the car, backed out of the parking spot, and began to pull out of the driveway. The transmission wouldn't shift out of 1st and the car kind of jerked and lurched while revving kind of high (3,000+ rpm). I parked it, checked the emergency brake, gave it another go, and things were fine the rest of the day.

Today, the same situation. I was leaving for work, backed out of my parking spot and began to drive out of the lot when I noticed the same issue. It wouldn't shift up, lurching and jerking, revving over 3k rpm, etc. This time, I pulled over, turned the car off, restarted, and it seemed fine.

If it means anything, our parking spots are on a slight incline. I've had the car since July 24th (about 2 weeks). The previous owner took the Jetta to a Castrol express lube. Window decal shows it was due back in June or at 130,xxx miles (currently has 129,9xx). I've also got OBD codes P0171 and P0420 and am waiting on the money to get those taken care of. Got to get my wife's steering and transmission issues taken care of first. It just started doing this yesterday.

It sounds like I'm having the same problem everyone else has had. I'll put that N92 solenoid at the top of the check list.

Any other thoughts, ideas, suggestions?
      .: trevor | I love my wife! | His: 2002 VW Jetta GLS 1.8t Hers: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Vehicles
      85 Jetta TD sold 2001 Jetta Tdi, 2000 Jetta Tdi
      08-06-2012 07:07 PM #146
      Change them all is my thoughts ideas and suggestions.
      Auto trans fluid change or flush will not make a trans fail. Stop spreading the wives tale/urban myth.
      ASE Master Certified Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Rating Recently passed ASE certification for Light Diesel repair.
      www.KansasCityTdi.com

Vehicles
      '02 Jetta GLS 1.8t
      08-07-2012 09:42 AM #147
      Good Morning, All --

Here's a video I took this morning as I was leaving for work. I figured I could show you guys what's going on a lot better than I can tell you, and maybe someone can definitively say "Yes, that's exactly the problem." Pardon any mess you see. I'm currently stripping the soft touch from the interior, so you may see bits and pieces of my interior missing. As for the engine light in the video (last checked 7/24/2012), it's a code P0171 and P0420. I don't have a VAG-COM, nor can I afford one, so P codes are the best I can do, but I'm pretty sure at least one of the codes was tripped by the fact that the upper and lower breather PCV hoses are non-existent. I'll be replacing those soon. Transmission problems come first.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...aTransProb.mp4
      Last edited by tjjoiner; 08-08-2012 at 02:38 PM.
      .: trevor | I love my wife! | His: 2002 VW Jetta GLS 1.8t Hers: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

8. 08-13-2012 02:40 PM #148
      Pls add me to the N92 fan club ; ) Many Many thanx to coolvdub for your excellent walk though and pics, I had the same problem with my 2002 auto ford galaxy. Car drives like a dream now ; ) A little tip from me though, as i thought i had nothing to lose ( was gonna scrap this if this didnt work ) couldnt afford a new or recon box. The vent tube that makes this job a pain, is just that, a vent tube. I cut about an inch off it with a dremel tool. makes re-assembly a lot easier, no detrimental effects, just make sure you dont leave any rough edges or debis in the pan.

Many thanks COOLVDUB you are a STAR mate

Vehicles
      '02 Jetta GLS 1.8t
      08-14-2012 09:53 AM #149
      The tranny stuck twice yesterday, once in the morning as it has been doing the past week or so and then again at 4:30 PM when I was heading home from work. After giving a little gas and revving high, it shifted and was fine the rest of the day. Fast forward to this morning when I was leaving for work... No problems. Odd, huh? Guess I unstuck the solenoid(s) and they haven't restuck yet.

I was thinking that, before I dive in and start replacing solenoids, I should check them first, at least electronically (I know they can test OK electronically but still stick/fail mechanically). I've read that you can test them using the connector pins of the TCM. That's in the engine bay, passenger side, against the firewall, isn't it? How do I access it?

Vehicles
      08-14-2012 02:17 PM #150
      Quote Originally Posted by tjjoiner View Post
      The tranny stuck twice yesterday, once in the morning as it has been doing the past week or so and then again at 4:30 PM when I was heading home from work. After giving a little gas and revving high, it shifted and was fine the rest of the day. Fast forward to this morning when I was leaving for work... No problems. Odd, huh? Guess I unstuck the solenoid(s) and they haven't restuck yet.

I was thinking that, before I dive in and start replacing solenoids, I should check them first, at least electronically (I know they can test OK electronically but still stick/fail mechanically). I've read that you can test them using the connector pins of the TCM. That's in the engine bay, passenger side, against the firewall, isn't it? How do I access it?
      What your thinking about doing would probably be a waste of time. You should change the solenoids.
      Auto trans fluid change or flush will not make a trans fail. Stop spreading the wives tale/urban myth.
      ASE Master Certified Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Rating Recently passed ASE certification for Light Diesel repair.
      www.KansasCityTdi.com

Vehicles
      '02 Jetta GLS 1.8t
      08-14-2012 03:28 PM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by CoolAirVw View Post
      What your thinking about doing would probably be a waste of time. You should change the solenoids.
      Change them all and wait until later to replace my PCV hoses or try just the N92 and get the hoses as well?

EDIT: Or convince my wife that I need all of it and ride the couch for a little while?
      Last edited by tjjoiner; 08-14-2012 at 03:32 PM.

12. 09-25-2012 04:21 PM #152
      My 2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T exhibits the same shifting problems when cold and I'd like to get my solenoids replaced. Every shop I've spoken with acts like I'm crazy and lectures me about getting information from the Internet instead of trusting a mechanic. Can anyone recommend a shop within a couple hours drive of Evansville, Indiana that can perform the work?

13. 09-27-2012 08:04 PM #153
      Just bought a 03 jetta VR6 and have driven it for a whopping 5 miles Long story of why it was a limited test drive at slow speeds, but once I got it on the road the same shifting into second issue happened. I drove it for a few miles and parked it, so I haven't tried it at different temps or anything. Btw, this is my first vw automatic. So I take it to a tranny shop, and left it over night. I found and read the posts and success stories, but my hopes that it would be a simple fix were crushed when they told me the fluid was at a good level but smelled burnt. They said there was a noise inside the tranny and it would be $750 to diagnose. I mentioned the N92 solenoid and he assured me that changing it wouldnt do anything for an overheating tranny issue and that it would be throwing $ away. My dilemma is that if I pay $750 to diagnose I wouldn't be able to afford a rebuild or whatever they say is the issue, so I might as well just sell the car and take my loss.. opinions??

Vehicles
      09-28-2012 08:09 AM #154
      Quote Originally Posted by and001 View Post
      Just bought a 03 jetta VR6 and have driven it for a whopping 5 miles Long story of why it was a limited test drive at slow speeds, but once I got it on the road the same shifting into second issue happened. I drove it for a few miles and parked it, so I haven't tried it at different temps or anything. Btw, this is my first vw automatic. So I take it to a tranny shop, and left it over night. I found and read the posts and success stories, but my hopes that it would be a simple fix were crushed when they told me the fluid was at a good level but smelled burnt. They said there was a noise inside the tranny and it would be $750 to diagnose. I mentioned the N92 solenoid and he assured me that changing it wouldnt do anything for an overheating tranny issue and that it would be throwing $ away. My dilemma is that if I pay $750 to diagnose I wouldn't be able to afford a rebuild or whatever they say is the issue, so I might as well just sell the car and take my loss.. opinions??
      I would assume 750 is the charge for disassembly and inspection. When they get it apart they are gonna hit you with a whopping charge for rebuild. Better be prepared for that.

You should go up and have them demonstrate the noise since you didn't say you heard it.

Also you should get a 2nd opinion on the "burnt fluid". They will always say that. sometimes maybe the fluid is just dark and needs to be changed but they say, "fluids burnt" since they have a predisposition to selling you a rebuild, since it lines their pockets better.

Or maybe you should just go get the car and drive is some more. Drive it several times to see if it truley "wont upshift cold" and works fine warm. If so and you dont feel any other problem warm, then maybe you should try solenoids anyway. Also listen for thier noise also of course.
      Last edited by CoolAirVw; 09-28-2012 at 08:12 AM.
      www.KansasCityTdi.com

15. 09-28-2012 08:41 AM #155
      I would assume 750 is the charge for disassembly and inspection. When they get it apart they are gonna hit you with a whopping charge for rebuild. Better be prepared for that.

You should go up and have them demonstrate the noise since you didn't say you heard it.

Also you should get a 2nd opinion on the "burnt fluid". They will always say that. sometimes maybe the fluid is just dark and needs to be changed but they say, "fluids burnt" since they have a predisposition to selling you a rebuild, since it lines their pockets better.

Or maybe you should just go get the car and drive is some more. Drive it several times to see if it truley "wont upshift cold" and works fine warm. If so and you dont feel any other problem warm, then maybe you should try solenoids anyway. Also listen for thier noise also of course.

I'm picking it up today and driving it more so I can see what other behaviors/noises I get.. I'll take a video and post it too, but I have a strong feeling your right, and hoping it really doesn't need a rebuild, hate to take a loss on it.. thanks!

16. 11-28-2012 06:36 PM #156
      My 2004 Jetta 1.8T GLS has a rough shift into 4th when it's cold that has gotten a lot worse in the past week to the point where it won't go into 4th at all anymore.

UPDATE: Also refuses to shift into 1st while cold. Seems to be very likely a problem the N92 Solenoid.

Since she bought the car about 6 months ago it, we have had to push the break hard to get to it to stay still at a light. We just started putting it in neutral.

Since I've been reading the self study guides, I've realized that this is not normal at all.

To me it seems like atleast 2 solenoids are bad, and there is no real error codes to speak of, but I haven't scanned it with VAG-COM.

I am a computer tech, and I'm comfortable doing this kind of repair, but we don't have the tools or a heated garage. Might be able to get my brother to do it, but he doesn't have a garage to do it in, but atleast he has the tools.

How much should the labour be for this kind of job? 4-5 hours? Will a garage let me bring my own parts to replace it? Should I try to do this in a driveway in freezing weather in Canada?

Note: Made a thread for my issue, please respond there: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...04-GLS-160k-km
      Last edited by Liquid5n0w; 11-29-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Vehicles
      03 Beetle TDI, 73 Beetle, 68 Impala, 99 Beetle 2.0.
      03-13-2013 11:19 PM #157
      Kind of a thread revival, actually.

I've read through the thread, and thought I'd share my experience with these two I'm working on, plus get some ideas on what else I've got going on.

Car #1, 02 Jetta 1.8t, 155k miles. Original symptoms were no reverse, and wouldn't shift out of first at any temp. Reading online, and a pm or two with coolairvw, I rolled the dice and bought one OEM N92 solenoid. Got all forward gears, somewhat jerky, but still no reverse. So, I rolled more dice, lol.. Got the 9 pack off eBay for 300-ish, now has all gears, but has a strange 2-3 up shift, kind of holds 2nd a little long, hesitates, then into 3rd. I'm kind of at a loss, but might need to readapt it, and maybe a capacitive discharge.

Car #2, 02 Jetta GLX 24v vr6, 165k miles. Bought recently with no reverse at all, had 1-2 gears but that's it, acted like shifted into neutral after 2nd. Pulled end cover off, had a split/torn high clutch seal and smoked the clutch there. Checked piston for cracks, replaced seals and clutch pack. Now currently, has all gears, but no reverse when cold, and very erratic forward gears. One time you stop, it goes through all 5 perfect, the next time, it feels like 2-3 slips and revs up a little, then slams hard into 4th.... Then the next light it just slams hard into every gear on the way up he range. .

Car #1, not sure where to go with that one, wondering if it has the typical cracked high/reverse piston.
      Car #2, I'm leaning towards a solenoid pack.

Any suggestions/ideas/critiques would be welcomed. I'd like to thank coolairvw for his help, not every shop owner will share his experience like he does. I appreciate that!
      03 Beetle TDI, grey.
      01 Beetle 1.8t, blue.
      73 Beetle, red and engineless, still.
      68 Impala coupe, 7.4 liter.
      02 Jetta Wagon 2.0 auto, currently the gfs ride.

18. 04-11-2013 09:12 AM #158
      Another n92 solenoid success story, thanks all. This is why I love the vortex.

19. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      02 vw jetta vr6 24v & 02 Honda civic
      04-17-2013 08:28 PM #159
      hi i just came across your post an you said something abts pics? well i also have a 02 jetta vr6 with the 09A tranny as well an im having the exact same problems if you could send me a link for the pics yous said you used i would greatly appericiate it. thanks Dave

20. n00b
      Vehicles
      2002 jetta 1.8
      05-18-2013 08:14 PM #160
      By now, I can't imagine most people dealing with an 11 year old car...but I tried it anyways. I replaced all the solenoids after finding myself unable to shift out of 2nd gear. After replacing them all, i can't even get my jetta to move forward for some time. When i do, i'm still stuck in 2nd gear and just revs up when hitting the accelerator. I can no longer rev it to 5k rpms for it to shift into the next gear like i had done before.

If anyone had this issue even after replacing all the solenoids, please let me know. Otherwise, there will be a 2002 jetta 1.8t available for parts in KC.

21. 07-05-2013 11:59 AM #161
      Hello there I am new to the forum world but needed a question answered. I have a 2002 vw jetta gls with 1.8T. When vehicle is cold it shifts hard from 1-2 and 2-3 but will shift. When vehicle warms up it will not shift into 3rd. It will just rev up and never shift until it cools back down is this a solenoid issue?

22. Member
      Vehicles
      2003 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T Wagon Tiptronic - SOLD!
      07-15-2013 11:36 AM #162
      Quote Originally Posted by bmp20bunny View Post
      Kind of a thread revival, actually.

I've read through the thread, and thought I'd share my experience with these two I'm working on, plus get some ideas on what else I've got going on.

Car #1, 02 Jetta 1.8t, 155k miles. Original symptoms were no reverse, and wouldn't shift out of first at any temp. Reading online, and a pm or two with coolairvw, I rolled the dice and bought one OEM N92 solenoid. Got all forward gears, somewhat jerky, but still no reverse. So, I rolled more dice, lol.. Got the 9 pack off eBay for 300-ish, now has all gears, but has a strange 2-3 up shift, kind of holds 2nd a little long, hesitates, then into 3rd. I'm kind of at a loss, but might need to readapt it, and maybe a capacitive discharge.

Car #2, 02 Jetta GLX 24v vr6, 165k miles. Bought recently with no reverse at all, had 1-2 gears but that's it, acted like shifted into neutral after 2nd. Pulled end cover off, had a split/torn high clutch seal and smoked the clutch there. Checked piston for cracks, replaced seals and clutch pack. Now currently, has all gears, but no reverse when cold, and very erratic forward gears. One time you stop, it goes through all 5 perfect, the next time, it feels like 2-3 slips and revs up a little, then slams hard into 4th.... Then the next light it just slams hard into every gear on the way up he range. .

Car #1, not sure where to go with that one, wondering if it has the typical cracked high/reverse piston.
      Car #2, I'm leaning towards a solenoid pack.

Any suggestions/ideas/critiques would be welcomed. I'd like to thank coolairvw for his help, not every shop owner will share his experience like he does. I appreciate that!
      Your car #1 sounds a lot like my '03 Jetta 09a transmission. When I bought it there were a whole lot of shift issues, most of which were fixed with nine new solenoids. But I still had the same balky 2-3 shift like your car. Turned out it was a bad intermediate shaft speed sensor (this can be diagnosed with a VagCom but also shows up as a "regular" OBD error). The good news is that you can buy a new one for $20-60. The bad news is, you have to drop the transmission to replace it (no other option - trust me). So I replaced the sensor and have been shifting fine for the last 8,000 miles or so.

Vehicles
      03 Beetle TDI, 73 Beetle, 68 Impala, 99 Beetle 2.0.
      07-15-2013 12:14 PM #163
      well, my 1.8t car doesnt actually throw any codes for anything, just has the weird 2-3 shift.

the 24v car, i replaced the solenoids on a guess, and it fixed it, sorta, has reverse at all times, and all 5 forwards. but the 2-3 is strange in it too, and the 3-4 is usually pretty harsh. gonna try a capacitive discharge and see if that changes anything.
      03 Beetle TDI, grey.
      01 Beetle 1.8t, blue.
      73 Beetle, red and engineless, still.
      68 Impala coupe, 7.4 liter.
      02 Jetta Wagon 2.0 auto, currently the gfs ride.

24. 07-15-2013 12:54 PM #164
      I am fairly certain that I am having this issue but cannot find a shop willing to do the work. Is anyone aware of one in or around Birmingham AL?

85% of the time it will not shift out of first until the car warms up.

25. 07-23-2013 11:40 AM #165
      Quote Originally Posted by dwalsh14 View Post
      I am fairly certain that I am having this issue but cannot find a shop willing to do the work. Is anyone aware of one in or around Birmingham AL?

85% of the time it will not shift out of first until the car warms up.

Bump... looking for advice.

Vehicles
      07-25-2013 07:42 AM #166
      Quote Originally Posted by dwalsh14 View Post
      Bump... looking for advice.
      Get on the phone... Get out the yellow pages.... find a vw specialty shop. Print this thread and show it to the mechanics...

tdiclub has a "trusted mechanics" list. Maybe you can find someone near you. Hopefully they wont say "we dont work on transmissions". and hopefully they wont say "we dont use "internet" diagnsosis."
      www.KansasCityTdi.com

27. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2001 Golf Variant 1,9tdi pd 74kW
      08-11-2013 12:03 AM #167
      Hi, took me whole night to reach this thread now but I am sure it was worth staying up and reading your success stories. I was almost selling my car because local VW workshop estimated for repair 3000-5000 €. Now I can at least try to start with much cheaper project with solenoids.
      Thanks for sharing wisdom and I will let you know when I get solenoid changed.

28. 09-14-2013 12:28 AM #168
      by now with my car being 10 years old, is it even worth it? I need to do some suspension work up front (axels, tie rods, bushings) and now this. would it just be better to dump the car, and pick a civic or something to get me through college? Dont get me wrong. Im the kid at my highschool that says "i dont want to drive any car but a VW". But after all the maintneince i have done it just doesnt seem worth the time and money and headache. I plan to do the suspension work ($1100), but i dont want spend that and get up to my freshman year of college and my car crap out on me.
      '03 MKIV GTI,Tripkronic, LB's
      Quote Originally Posted by Dameon View Post
      This is a whack ass build thread.

Vehicles
      09-17-2013 07:07 AM #169
      Quote Originally Posted by JackJoachim View Post
      by now with my car being 10 years old, is it even worth it? I need to do some suspension work up front (axels, tie rods, bushings) and now this. would it just be better to dump the car, and pick a civic or something to get me through college? Dont get me wrong. Im the kid at my highschool that says "i dont want to drive any car but a VW". But after all the maintneince i have done it just doesnt seem worth the time and money and headache. I plan to do the suspension work ($1100), but i dont want spend that and get up to my freshman year of college and my car crap out on me.
      So instead of changing solenoids, you want to buy another used car? So will the used car be cheaper than the solenoids? And will the used car be guaranteed to not need any repairs like solenoids? Do civic transmissions never fail? (yes they do!)
      www.KansasCityTdi.com

30. 09-17-2013 09:39 AM #170
      So instead of changing solenoids, you want to buy another used car? So will the used car be cheaper than the solenoids? And will the used car be guaranteed to not need any repairs like solenoids? Do civic transmissions never fail? (yes they do!)
      I understand that it will cost more than the solenoid change, but I'm going to college next fall and i don't want to get up there and my beloved gti break again. I just want to make the decision for college.
      '03 MKIV GTI,Tripkronic, LB's
      Quote Originally Posted by Dameon View Post
      This is a whack ass build thread.

31. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      09-27-2013 04:06 AM #171
      Quote Originally Posted by JackJoachim View Post
      I understand that it will cost more than the solenoid change, but I'm going to college next fall and i don't want to get up there and my beloved gti break again. I just want to make the decision for college.

I came through the same flow of thoughts but even when I need to buy a new tiptronic gbox it's still cheaper for me than to buy a 10k € car because there is no point to buy another 2k € car and start over all the repairwork I made for my current car until now.

My car will go to repair on Monday, will keep the hope it's just solenoids but as it is driven 400 000 km-s, the repaiguy said it might be just weared off and 2nd gear start working when the oil temp is enough to compensate the wearing, let's see.

32. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      10-01-2013 03:58 PM #172
      Hey,

So I can say now it was worth of risk now to let change the solenoid N92. Everything working well and and it cost me only 250 € and they did it within 6 hours. Definitely cheaper than buy a new car, thank you clever people here to share your wisdom and experience. And God bless Internet (and keep an eye on Lemmy)!.

33. 10-18-2013 10:03 AM #173
      I had the same/similair shift problem as allot of people in here and i replaced the N92 and the car drove perfect up until this morning. This morning was pretty cold and so i got in and put the car into reverse to leave and the car didn't want to shift into reverse. So i waited and let the car warm up a but and when it did the car shifted into reverse fine. Drove to work fine with no problems. Now im having an issue with the car not wanting to shift into reverse when its cold. When i changed the N92 i added 4qts of fluid. Anyone have a clue on what might can cause this?

Vehicles
      10-18-2013 11:14 PM #174
      Quote Originally Posted by hellah fresh View Post
      I had the same/similair shift problem as allot of people in here and i replaced the N92 and the car drove perfect up until this morning. This morning was pretty cold and so i got in and put the car into reverse to leave and the car didn't want to shift into reverse. So i waited and let the car warm up a but and when it did the car shifted into reverse fine. Drove to work fine with no problems. Now im having an issue with the car not wanting to shift into reverse when its cold. When i changed the N92 i added 4qts of fluid. Anyone have a clue on what might can cause this?
      You should have changed all the solenoids, because now your n90 is sticking.
      www.KansasCityTdi.com

35. 10-21-2013 09:58 AM #175
      ^^^ Thanks! Yes i know but i was just trying to save a little bit of money because i know it can get expensive at times. Is the n90 a reverse backup solenoid?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast