Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: *** NEW : MKV Density Line Engine Mount & Dogbone mount - 169US SHIPPED

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      01-09-2009 11:53 PM #1
      Finally the Engine mounts are done.Transmission mount is still in production and will be available shortly.Just to get these out there we have decided to do an amazing introductory offer of $169US Shipped (to the lower 48 states) for:
      * MKV 2.0 FSI engine mount (street or track)
      * MKV (any model) dogbone (street density)

For those who do not know about the density product line up,you can read the reviews in the 1.8T forum (click me)

Quote, originally posted by Engine Mount - Density Line - 2.0FSI »

We are VERY excited to be announcing the release of our 034Motorsport Street Density and Track Density transmission mounts for the Mk5, 5 & 6-speed 2.0T FSI

We've been testing these mounts for some time to ensure they are reliable and meet the criterion for the intended use - results so far are very exciting!

WHAT THEY ARE:
      A new line of rubber motor mounts made FOR us by OE suppliers to OUR specifications.

STREETDENSITY Mounts are solid rubber mounts with a 50 durometer about 25% stiffer than stock, this means they still ride smooth and quiet but provide a marked improvement in drivetrain dampening over stock mounts.

Livable street performance with serious sport intentions. Note, don’t mistake these mounts with OE mounts, though they look almost identical, the rubber stiffness very vastly, think of these mounts as what the factory would have produced if they weren’t catering the car to whiney cheerleaders.

TRACKDENSITY Mounts are built with an 80 durometer rubber, approx 90% stiffer than stock, these are solid for all practical purposes and result in ZERO drivetrain movement. Vibrations from the engine are noticeably increased but not horrible. Definitely not smooth and quiet like stock mounts, but in return you get a completely locked down drivetrain with NO slop or deflection. These are perfect for the street/track enthusiast who doesn't mind a marked increase in vibration from the drivetrain, or the hardcore drag racer or track driver who is eliminating all slop in the chassis.

Performance with serious sport intentions. Note, don’t mistake these mounts with OE mounts, though they look almost identical, the rubber stiffness very vastly, think of these mounts as what the factory would have produced if they weren’t catering the car to whiney cheerleaders.

NOTE, THESE ARE NOT OE MOUNTS AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FROM ANY OTHER SOURCE - These are built by an OE supplier to 034Motorsport specifications.

This mounts will fit all Mk5, 5 & 6-speed 2.0T FSI with pricing less than OE mounts, these are a no brainer for the street or track enthusiast.

Quote »

Motor Mount, Density Line, Mk5 Dogbone Pair
      We are VERY excited to be announcing the release of our 034Motorsport Street Density dogbone mounts for the Mk5 5 and 6-speed applications!

We've been testing these mounts for some time to ensure they are reliable and meet the criterion for the intended use - results so far are very exciting!

WHAT THEY ARE:
      A new line of rubber motor mounts made FOR us by OE suppliers to OUR specifications.

STREETDENSITY Mounts are solid rubber mounts with a 60 durometer about 35% stiffer than stock, this means they still ride smooth and quiet but provide a marked improvement in drivetrain dampening over stock mounts.

Livable street performance with serious sport intentions. Note, don’t mistake these mounts with OE mounts, though they look almost identical, the rubber stiffness very vastly, think of these mounts as what the factory would have produced if they weren’t catering the car to whiney cheerleaders.

Includes a matched pair, consisting of one top and one bottom mount.

RETAIL ON THIS COMBINATION IS OVER $235US

PRICE = $169US SHIPPED FOR THE ENGINE & DOGBONE MOUNT

Please send us a PM when you are ready to order and please make sure you state which Density you want (Street or Track).

INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook
      INA Billet | Mahle Powerpak | DM Forged | Ferrea | Supertech | ARP | South Bend | HTA/GTX/EFR Turbochargers | Mocal Oil control | DBW Throttle Body Upgrades | 0A6box

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      01-13-2009 01:40 AM #2
      Incoming tech Article

NOTE : These Dogbone mounts ARE COMPLETELY SOLID,no inserts required.

Quote »

1. Raise your vehicle securely using a lift or jackstands

2. Unbolt the exhaust hanger from the subframe.

3. Locate the 12 bolts securing the subframe (circled in blue), and the 2 bolts attaching the dogbone (circled in red). Loosen the bolts and remove the subframe and dogbone from the vehicle.

4. You should now be looking at this:

5. Remove the bolt going through the dogbone mount in the subframe.

6. Pry out the bottom mount. If the mount is pressed in very tightly, making 1 cut in the side wall of the mount to make it easier to remove. A saw blade can be used to do this; the plastic is soft and easy to cut.

7. Press out the top mount. It will be much easier to remove with the extra room, you can use a screw driver or drift to slowly tap it out

8. Here is a comparison shot of the 034Motorsport Density Line mount (left) and the OE part (right). Notice that all of the voids are filled with high durometer rubber on the 034Motorsport mount, allowing for minimal movement/deflection.

9. Mark the mounts and the subframe so that the recess in the mounts corresponds with the hole for the dogbone in the subframe. It’s important to align the bushings so they go in with the correct orientation.

10. Press in the new mounts, being careful not to pinch the plastic casing. Take extra care around the area of the mount with the void, since the mount is plastic this part can “squish” out during the pressing process. Go slow ensure the voided area is actually going inside the bore, if it apprears that area is seizing, further pressing will ruin the mount, a little extra pressure can be applied to that spot while simultaneously pressing to ensure it goes inside.

11. Reinstall the dogbone into the subframe, reinstall dogbone bolt.

12. Reinstall the subframe and dogbone, and tighten all bolts. Enjoy your securely mounted motor and faster power transfer to the tires!

INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook
      INA Billet | Mahle Powerpak | DM Forged | Ferrea | Supertech | ARP | South Bend | HTA/GTX/EFR Turbochargers | Mocal Oil control | DBW Throttle Body Upgrades | 0A6box

3. 01-14-2009 01:51 AM #3
      Hey thats my car!!
      Thanks for the install guys!!

Modified by raven6t9 at 10:53 PM 1-13-2009

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      01-14-2009 03:00 AM #4
      Quote, originally posted by raven6t9 »
      Hey thats my car!!
      Thanks for the install guys!!

Thank Javad!
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

Vehicles
      02 Z06, 13 GTI
      01-14-2009 03:49 PM #5
      Nice!

Is is not compatible with the DSG?

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      01-18-2009 04:42 PM #6
      Quote, originally posted by Aguilar »
      Nice!

Is is not compatible with the DSG?

DSG carries the same dogbone mount so it should be.
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

Vehicles
      2009 TT, 2008.5 A3
      01-19-2009 10:44 AM #7
      I've been waiting for these!

8. 02-26-2009 12:20 AM #8
      Just got mine today, can't wait to do the install!
      2006 VW GLI 2.0T 6MT - APR Stage 2 91/93/100 APR DP | Snow Performance 2.0T W/M
      ECS Tuning Dog Bone Insert |Stern MKV Rear Brace | Dan GSR 28.5mm Custom RSB

Vehicles
      JATO powered gokart
      02-28-2009 10:02 AM #9
      PM'd you about an order.... no response after a couple days. You really need to setup a website or something for people to order....

Vehicles
      JATO powered gokart
      02-28-2009 12:01 PM #10
      Got a hold of you via email, thanks

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      02-28-2009 12:01 PM #11
      Quote, originally posted by 2pt0tee »
      PM'd you about an order.... no response after a couple days. You really need to setup a website or something for people to order....

Got your email this morning Thomas.The website is coming........soon
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      02-28-2009 12:06 PM #12
      All PM's replied to.If I do not respond to your PM within 12 hours then email me! I respond to all emails within 3 hours.
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

13. 03-03-2009 12:23 PM #13
      Just got these installed, these mounts allow for much smoother shifting. I previously had the ECS Turning Dogbone insert installed and these mounts are vastly superior.

Vehicles
      B & H series swapped Hondas, 383 swapped Chevys, EJ20 swapped Subies, a few STIs, an audi, a few VWs
      03-03-2009 04:33 PM #14
      heard these things are blowing up in the mk4s, is this true?

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      03-03-2009 10:03 PM #15
      Quote, originally posted by CoNGLoMeRaTeGTi »
      heard these things are blowing up in the mk4s, is this true?

1 failure = blowing up?
      We have NUMEROUS sets out there with no issues.Take what you read here with a pinch of salt...people exaggerate.
      We back up this product to the fullest extreme.
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

Vehicles
      JATO powered gokart
      03-04-2009 07:53 PM #16
      Got my engine side mount installed today. Will install the dogbone in a few days. I currently have a neuspeed insert so I'm curious to see if the dogbone bushing is an improvement over that.

So far the engine side mount is a huge improvement. I went with track density. Reduced wheel hop, better shifting, better throttle response. There is added cabin vibration but its minimal and doesn't bother me one bit.

DIY for side mount install can be found here: http://www.golfmkv.net/blog/archives/32

*NOTE TO INA* Do NOT copy and republish my DIY on vortex (or anywhere else), but feel free to link to my site. I retain copyright on all my DIYs.

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      03-05-2009 01:14 AM #17
      Got my engine side mount installed today. Will install the dogbone in a few days. I currently have a neuspeed insert so I'm curious to see if the dogbone bushing is an improvement over that.

So far the engine side mount is a huge improvement. I went with track density. Reduced wheel hop, better shifting, better throttle response. There is added cabin vibration but its minimal and doesn't bother me one bit.

DIY for side mount install can be found here: http://www.golfmkv.net/blog/archives/32

*NOTE TO INA* Do NOT copy and republish my DIY on vortex (or anywhere else), but feel free to link to my site. I retain copyright on all my DIYs.

Thanks so much for your input
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

18. 03-05-2009 11:23 AM #18
      Hello

I am also very interested in those mounts!

But when looking at the mount, it is missing a mounting hole for the evaporative emission canister!
      The european versions have the canister mounted in the engine bay!

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      03-05-2009 05:35 PM #19
      Quote, originally posted by Solgryn »
      Hello

I am also very interested in those mounts!

But when looking at the mount, it is missing a mounting hole for the evaporative emission canister!
      The european versions have the canister mounted in the engine bay!

Show me an image?
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

Vehicles
      2011 Kink Gap Xl, 2000 Haro Blammo,'08 Gti
      03-05-2009 05:58 PM #20
      Quote, originally posted by INA »
      Take what you read here with a pinch of salt...people exaggerate.
      No way!

Vehicles
      2010 Audi B8 S4 3.0 TFSI 6MT & 2007 VW MKV GTI 2.0T FSI DSG
      03-05-2009 10:40 PM #21
      We have the dog bone mount on our stage 3 TSI Gti.
      GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter
      Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
      Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801
      The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

22. 03-06-2009 01:43 AM #22
      Here you have a picture!

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/8721/img0318a.jpg

Modified by Solgryn at 10:47 PM 3-5-2009

Vehicles
      07 Passat 3.6, 06 CW GTI
      03-06-2009 07:22 PM #23
      How much for just the street engine mount?

24. 03-06-2009 08:12 PM #24
      I was about to order the side mounts, but saw the post about the canister...

Is anything gonna be done about that ???

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      03-06-2009 09:53 PM #25
      Quote, originally posted by RacerS »
      How much for just the street engine mount?

$135 US shipped.
      Quote, originally posted by GolfRS »
      I was about to order the side mounts, but saw the post about the canister...

Is anything gonna be done about that ???

Never seen that canister before.Must be european only...
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      03-07-2009 07:55 PM #26
      All PM's replied to.More Density Line products coming VERY SOON!
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

27. 03-11-2009 07:11 PM #27

Never seen that canister before.Must be european only...

Damn i SERIOUSLY want to buy the two side mounts, but i need to have a place to mount the
      canister to...

Is something gonna be done about this ?? (cash in hand..)

Vehicles
      JATO powered gokart
      03-11-2009 09:24 PM #28
      Got around to pressing the dogbone bushings today. Definite improvement over the neuspeed insert I had previously. Even by hand, the movement in the dogbone was reduced by 90% or more... There are some added cabin vibrations, and additional engine noise in certain situations... but nothing terrible. I think its well worth the performance trade off. Less wheel spin, hooks up better every time.

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      03-12-2009 09:39 PM #29

Damn i SERIOUSLY want to buy the two side mounts, but i need to have a place to mount the
      canister to...

Is something gonna be done about this ?? (cash in hand..)

On the engine mounts there are 2 tapped holes for an M6 bolt.You can possibly build an adapter bracket to use the canister.
      Got around to pressing the dogbone bushings today. Definite improvement over the neuspeed insert I had previously. Even by hand, the movement in the dogbone was reduced by 90% or more... There are some added cabin vibrations, and additional engine noise in certain situations... but nothing terrible. I think its well worth the performance trade off. Less wheel spin, hooks up better every time.

Thanks for the feedback!
      Hopefully this will encourage more people.
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

30. 03-13-2009 01:40 AM #30

On the engine mounts there are 2 tapped holes for an M6 bolt.You can possibly build an adapter bracket to use the canister.

Could i get a pic to visualize what you are saying ?
      I'd hate to try a use holes that might be in use again JUST in the European model...
      I'm ready to buy these, but just don't want to have to think about
      possible solutions AFTER....

Modified by GolfRS at 8:49 AM 3-13-2009

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      03-14-2009 05:35 PM #31
      All PM's replied to
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

32. 03-14-2009 05:43 PM #32
      After reading the post from the start, i realized this is only for the lower engine mount and ONE ? side mount ?Is the other one not ready yet ?

I wanna purchase both the left and right mounts.When will these be available ?

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      03-14-2009 05:48 PM #33
      After reading the post from the start, i realized this is only for the lower engine mount and ONE ? side mount ?Is the other one not ready yet ?

I wanna purchase both the left and right mounts.When will these be available ?

The right side (driver side transmission mount) is still being worked on.All the other mounts are available and ready to ship.
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

34. 03-14-2009 06:30 PM #34

The right side (driver side transmission mount) is still being worked on.All the other mounts are available and ready to ship.

Any ETA on this ?

I'm looking to buy all four mounts, or at least the two side ones (can't really change the one by itself..)

35. 03-14-2009 10:35 PM #35
      I took some pictures to help you. Too large to post directly, so here are the links.

http://yodavg.blu.livefilestor...3.JPG

http://yodavg.blu.livefilestor...5.JPG

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast