Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: *** NEW : MKV Density Line Engine Mount & Dogbone mount - 169US SHIPPED

1. 03-15-2009 04:03 AM #36
      Quote, originally posted by RoadRager »
      I took some pictures to help you. Too large to post directly, so here are the links.

http://yodavg.blu.livefilestor...3.JPG

http://yodavg.blu.livefilestor...5.JPG

Hmmm...Thats nice...I think it might actually work !!

Now please hurry up and finish the other mount also....

2. 03-15-2009 04:06 AM #37
      Oh and another thing...Doesn't the car need an alignment after you remove the metal plate ?

Modified by GolfRS at 11:33 AM 3-15-2009

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      03-15-2009 03:37 PM #38
      Quote, originally posted by GolfRS »
      Oh and another thing...Doesn't the car need an alignment after you remove the metal plate ?

No as no steering components are touched.
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook
      INA Billet | Mahle Powerpak | DM Forged | Ferrea | Supertech | ARP | South Bend | HTA/GTX/EFR Turbochargers | Mocal Oil control | DBW Throttle Body Upgrades | 0A6box

Vehicles
      JATO powered gokart
      03-15-2009 03:41 PM #39
      Quote, originally posted by INA »

No as no steering components are touched.

Sorry, but I beg to differ. 4 of the bolts you take out (that your DIY classified as "subframe bolts") actually are the steering rack bolts. So you're completely removing the steering rack from the carrier. There is room for things to move around a little and your alignment may be affected. IIRC Neuspeed recommends alignment after installing front swaybar, which requires removing the front subframe also.

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      03-15-2009 04:48 PM #40
      Quote, originally posted by 2pt0tee »

Sorry, but I beg to differ. 4 of the bolts you take out (that your DIY classified as "subframe bolts") actually are the steering rack bolts. So you're completely removing the steering rack from the carrier. There is room for things to move around a little and your alignment may be affected. IIRC Neuspeed recommends alignment after installing front swaybar, which requires removing the front subframe also.

All of our customers so far have not required an alignment.I think you will be fine.
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook
      INA Billet | Mahle Powerpak | DM Forged | Ferrea | Supertech | ARP | South Bend | HTA/GTX/EFR Turbochargers | Mocal Oil control | DBW Throttle Body Upgrades | 0A6box

6. 03-18-2009 03:06 PM #41
      Any update on this ??

I really need to upgrade my side mounts but don't wanna use different companies.

Please hurry up with the transmission mount (is it gonna be ready by the end of the month for example ??)

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      03-23-2009 03:52 AM #42
      Transmission mount is coming soon.I know this is what is holding people from buying the mounts but trust me.The wait will be well worth it.
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

8. 03-23-2009 07:06 AM #43
      I know this is what is holding people from buying the mounts but trust me.

That is SOOOOoooo TRUE.....

I'm one of them...so please hurry up...

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      03-23-2009 08:54 PM #44

That is SOOOOoooo TRUE.....

I'm one of them...so please hurry up...

Coming soon
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

10. 03-25-2009 07:38 PM #45
      Are we there yet ?

11. 03-26-2009 04:57 PM #46
      Im also waiting with the orders, so we can get it all at the same time. Must be a deadline ?

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      03-26-2009 05:58 PM #47
      Quote, originally posted by marc1171 »
      Im also waiting with the orders, so we can get it all at the same time. Must be a deadline ?

Looking like end of April
      WOOHOOO!!
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

13. 03-26-2009 07:27 PM #48

WOOHOOO!!

Vehicles
      06 VW GLI
      04-06-2009 11:02 PM #49

WOOHOOO!!

Lets bump this thread

Going to order the dog mount insert since I have the sub-frame dropped for a front sway bar and H2sport control arm bushing replacement . Bob.G

Read below about mine and other fsi stage 3 owners bad experience and poor results with APR and there Stage 3 Kits. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ge-3-dyno-runs
      Quote Originally Posted by jhines_06gli View Post
      I'd say you have nothing to worry about, but then again.....you are driving a modified VW. You have EVERYTHING to worry about!!!
      -J. Hines

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      04-08-2009 05:48 PM #50
      Thanks Bob G.
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

Vehicles
      06 VW GLI
      04-08-2009 07:30 PM #51
      Thanks Bob G.

I hacked out the old bushing tonight waiting for the INA bushings.

Ill have a little easier way for removing the old and installing the new bushing without completely dropping the sub-frame . I wil post up pic's and basic hand tools needed to get this job done . Bob.G

Read below about mine and other fsi stage 3 owners bad experience and poor results with APR and there Stage 3 Kits. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ge-3-dyno-runs
      I'd say you have nothing to worry about, but then again.....you are driving a modified VW. You have EVERYTHING to worry about!!!
      -J. Hines

17. 04-09-2009 12:50 AM #52
      Quote, originally posted by rracerguy717 »

I hacked out the old bushing tonight waiting for the INA bushings.

Ill have a little easier way for removing the old and installing the new bushing without completely dropping the sub-frame . I wil post up pic's and basic hand tools needed to get this job done . Bob.G

I thought about the same thing, but the upper mount must be impossible to reach without removing the subframe.

The lower can be done though.

Vehicles
      06 VW GLI
      04-09-2009 05:20 AM #53

I thought about the same thing, but the upper mount must be impossible to reach without removing the subframe.

The lower can be done though.

There was plenty of room from the bottom to do remove the top mount you just need to cut out the center rubber portion before you cut the outer plastic case. Bob.G

-J. Hines

19. 04-09-2009 06:38 AM #54

There was plenty of room from the bottom to do remove the top mount you just need to cut out the center rubber portion before you cut the outer plastic case. Bob.G

I agree, but the problem lies with installing the upper mount, which seems impossible without removing the subframe, since you can't just squeeze it through the lower hole....

I wonder if just the lower mount would be more than enough for the desired effect, since that is the
      point most of the flexing occurs.By "solidifying" the lower mount, there should be little to zero flexing of the upper mount as well...I think...

Vehicles
      06 VW GLI
      04-09-2009 06:10 PM #55

I agree, but the problem lies with installing the upper mount, which seems impossible without removing the subframe, since you can't just squeeze it through the lower hole....

Big to INA for quick service, received my mount today after only 2 days product looks well produced. I will be installing them tomorrow night I will take some pic's . Bob.G

p.s. Ill be install it with 2 thick washers a little smaller than the bushing putting one on each side ( 1 on top of the top mount and 1 on the bottom of the bottom mount ). I will then take a C clamp and squeeze them together.

-J. Hines

Vehicles
      2012 GLI
      04-10-2009 06:03 PM #56
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email SALES | Facebook Connect
      Performance through Design.....

Vehicles
      06 VW GLI
      04-11-2009 07:59 PM #57

p.s. Ill be install it with 2 thick washers a little smaller than the bushing putting one on each side ( 1 on top of the top mount and 1 on the bottom of the bottom mount ). I will then take a C clamp and squeeze them together.

Well with plan B today LOL

Had to take the sub-frame down completely really not that bad I could not fit them when sub-frame is in place . Just used a vise as shown on page 1 to push them in .

Only thing you should do is put a big leading edge chamfer on the O.D. of the mounts so they slip in easier .

I will give a review next week after I finish a few other things on the car and get driving it again . Bob.G

-J. Hines

23. 04-12-2009 11:33 PM #58
      anyone know where i can buy this whole assembly? i recently cracked mine and in need of a replacememnt of whatevers on the pic below... Id like to go to my dealership as my last resort as I know they will charge me out the a55... any help would be greatful... thanks in advance!!!

Pls. PM me

24. Member
      Vehicles
      AWD-06 Passat APR Stg 3+
      04-13-2009 01:35 PM #59
      Waiting on side mounts!!! Come on

Vehicles
      06 VW GLI
      04-13-2009 01:45 PM #60
      Quote, originally posted by cb8xfactor »
      anyone know where i can buy this whole assembly? i recently cracked mine and in need of a replacememnt of whatevers on the pic below... Id like to go to my dealership as my last resort as I know they will charge me out the a55... any help would be greatful... thanks in advance!!!

Pls. PM me

Thats the sub-frame .

PM JC here on the tex he is the parts Guru @ Douglas and im sure he can help you out . Bob.G

-J. Hines

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      04-13-2009 08:20 PM #61

Thats the sub-frame .

PM JC here on the tex he is the parts Guru @ Douglas and im sure he can help you out . Bob.G

If Jeff cant get a MKV part then sell your car
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

27. Member
      Vehicles
      AWD-06 Passat APR Stg 3+
      04-16-2009 08:51 AM #62
      Any news on the side mounts, INA!

28. 04-24-2009 12:56 PM #63
      Ofcause !
      Thats your fault

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      04-24-2009 05:29 PM #64
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

30. 05-02-2009 10:30 PM #65
      Hows it coming on the tranny mount? Im loving these mounts but Im sure the tranny mount would totally set this up!

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      05-03-2009 11:30 AM #66
      Quote, originally posted by raven6t9 »
      Hows it coming on the tranny mount? Im loving these mounts but Im sure the tranny mount would totally set this up!

Hopefully these are released VERY SOON.
      I cant wait to offer up the complete sets to the 2.0T crowd.
      The 1.8T crowd have been having too much fun for too long....
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

Vehicles
      2006 Subaru Baja Turbo
      05-03-2009 02:26 PM #67
      Part number for all the bolts that need to be replaced? Any certain thread goop used? Thanks.
      Sold: 1993 240sx SR20DET
      Sold: 2004 JCW Mini Cooper S
      Sold: 2007 Volkswagen GTI APR S2+
      Now: 2006 Subaru Baja Turbo
      WTB: MKII GTI

Vehicles
      JATO powered gokart
      05-04-2009 09:41 AM #68
      No threadlock or antiseize needed. DIYs on my site for replacing engine/transmission side mounts: http://www.golfmkv.net/blog/archives/32 http://www.golfmkv.net/blog/archives/35

P/Ns for bolts...

Dogbone:
      -to-tranny- 1x N 102 048 04
      1x N 104 548 01
      -to-subframe- 1x N 105 580 01

Engine Side:
      -to-engine- 2x N 105 524 01
      -to-body- 1x N 905 969 02
      1x N 910 296 02

Transmission Side:
      -to-transmission- 3x N 105 524 01
      -to-body- 4x 905 969 02

Modified by 2pt0tee at 9:50 AM 5-4-2009

Vehicles
      2006 Subaru Baja Turbo
      05-04-2009 09:49 AM #69
      I believe you're suppose to replace all subframe bolts when removed.
      Sold: 1993 240sx SR20DET
      Sold: 2004 JCW Mini Cooper S
      Sold: 2007 Volkswagen GTI APR S2+
      Now: 2006 Subaru Baja Turbo
      WTB: MKII GTI

Vehicles
      JATO powered gokart
      05-04-2009 09:51 AM #70
      Nope, not necessary. I've dropped my carrier assembly 3 times now w/o replacing any subframe bolts.

Engine mount bolts on the other hand I'll only re-use once... and since I did my t-belt the engine side bolts got re-used once, and during the clutch install the transmission side got re-used... so when I put in the new mounts I replaced all the bolts listed above.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast