VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Post Insane or Unique Engine Swaps

782K views 769 replies 385 participants last post by  MGQ 
#1 ·
See less See more
#184 ·
Re: (Surfing On A Rocket)

Quote, originally posted by Surfing On A Rocket »

I hope that engine is heavily modded... Most stock Harley V-Twins put out less HP than a stock Festiva.

well probably around about the same hp but with more than likely more torque. its an odd choice though for that car but its definitely unique

#186 ·
Re: (Surfing On A Rocket)

Quote, originally posted by Surfing On A Rocket »

I hope that engine is heavily modded... Most stock Harley V-Twins put out less HP than a stock Festiva.

Yes, but if you make it fit one Harley engine, it fits most of them, meaning you can put one of those big inch motors that they use in all the custom stuff in there that make respectable power. The rest of a Festiva drivetrain can only take so much too.

#187 ·
Re: Post Insane or Unique Engine Swaps (patrickvr6)

Quote, originally posted by patrickvr6 »

You would replace a Porsche flat-6 with a Subie flat-4?

Porsche 914s are slow flat 4s. the 914-6 had a 6-cylinder and is rarer. So if anyone would do that, a basic 914 would probably be sacrificed.

#188 ·
Re: (cougar)

Quote, originally posted by cougar »

Ok, I'm not normally one to call blasphemy... but... 2000gt's are so rarely seen, I'm hoping this one was in pretty bad shape before this happened.

Holy crap, yeah...
Only 337 cars made....
Its not like the stock Yamaha inline 6 is a bad engine either...

#199 ·
Re: (1.8jettie)

most of you guys have outdone me on the outrageous tip... however this was my daily driver for 4 years, 2.5 of which were in colorado above 7000'. tough as nails, reliable, and not as hard to handle in the snow & ice as i would have thought.
1970 Pontiac LeMans Sport, some GTO body stuff, and a .060 overbore Chevy BB 468ci custom engine, etc. etc.. sorry no bay shots!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.