VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Post Insane or Unique Engine Swaps

781K views 769 replies 385 participants last post by  MGQ 
#1 ·
See less See more
#57 ·
VW 1.1 liter four cylinder four stroke engine in a Trabant (usually equipped with a .6 liter 2 cyl 2 stroke). Although that one was a factory change for the last model year.

This is what it used to look like for the previous 40-ish model years:

Modified by Kar98 at 9:09 AM 1-12-2009

#59 ·
Re: (Paint_By_Numbers)

How about an air-cooled VW with an all electic motor swapped in?
[IMG]http://images.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/medium/1878126.jpg
Top speed 85 MPH, range 65 miles. Acceleration-wise, this car ain't too shabby either, hitting 40 MPH from a standing stop within 6 seconds. I'd bet a stock one can't do that.

#63 ·
Re: Post Insane or Unique Engine Swaps (EvoIX)

Quote, originally posted by EvoIX »
My dream is to put a built one of these:

Into one of these:

You would replace a Porsche flat-6 with a Subie flat-4?

TPI 350 Benz

Turbo Rotary 911 Targa longhood

Ferrari Mondail

#68 ·
Re: (92skirmishgti)

Quote, originally posted by 92skirmishgti »
More info please!

Can't really give you much more info, some guys just showed up to a Get-together with it, out of the blue. They did do a WOT in the lot upon arrival, and all I heard was this "reeeeeeeEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH-RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH tssssssshhh"
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#69 ·
Re: (LethaOne)

how bout a audi v8 in a corrado.
doesn't look like much in the picture but as far as I know its in working order now

#72 ·
This is in a Datsun 510.

Has the gauge cluster too:

A cool feature on this car is the owner threw on a Y-pipe with one side exiting in front of the passenger rear tire and the other outlet goes to a Honda Civic muffler. A small plate and two butterfly screws is all that is needed to go from a quiet cruiser to loud, in your face awesome.

Unassuming Mazda MPV...

...with a 300ZX TT engine producing 300 whp

An interior shot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.