VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Post Insane or Unique Engine Swaps

781K views 769 replies 385 participants last post by  MGQ 
#1 ·
See less See more
#158 ·
Re: (Jetty!)

Quote, originally posted by Jetty! »

The page I read off said it was an LS7 with a dry sump. Also, the valve covers say "LS7" so I don't see how anyone without supreme inside knowledge is supposed to know otherwise. There's no need to go and try and "show someone up" just to prove something when there is no need.

Ok, thats fine. I didn't mean to offend anyone or try to 'show someone up.' SCC was wrong when they called it an LS7, but that probably is the easiest way to describe Mikes engine since it is LS based and has 7.0 of displacement.

#160 ·
Re: Post Insane or Unique Engine Swaps (mujjuman)

Start off with a couple of bikes.....

Some VW's....

And my friend's '68 intercooled turbocharged dry-sump running SDS

And this....

AND THE BEST SWAP EVER>>>>>>>>>

#163 ·
Re: (Toenund)

It would be nice if people told us what the new engine is that was swapped in. A picture doesn't always work for those not in the know.
And in response to the Volvo with the Ferrari engine, I still think the Rolls Royce Merlin V12 in the 55 Chevy wins.
L98 in a Jeep:

#167 ·
Re: (Porridgehead)

Quote, originally posted by Porridgehead »
This is unsane.

Ok, I'm not normally one to call blasphemy... but... 2000gt's are so rarely seen, I'm hoping this one was in pretty bad shape before this happened.

#170 ·
Re: (nopal 6.0)

Quote, originally posted by nopal 6.0 »

Another V8 914

FYI, those aren't the same car

The top one is Marty's twin turbo 930 engine with 935 cooling parts etc. Good for about 530HP.
The bottom one is Rich's 928 engined 'Alien', another truly cool swap...just not the same cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.