Progress! I decided that I would work nonstop on the Rabbit this weekend, weather permitting. Started by laying out most of the things that need to get put on:
Decided not to paint the engine bay. It's just not in my budget anymore, I just cleaned the bay the best I could. I'm not going for a show car type look anyways. It's fairly clean though, good enough for me.
Starting to look like an engine again! Took a big breath and started the task of putting it back in. I picked the wrong time to try and stop drinking!
SUCCESS! I took this pic before I got all the mounts sorted out due to quickly fading light outside, but they're all in loosely now.
tomorrow more reassembly, and maybe I'll get to hear it run. If I work quick enough, I should have the car running again by the end of the weekend. Either that or I'll find I just put a lot of work into a bad motor. Either way I've learned a lot and feel damn good about myself.
Modified by Doc1982 at 6:13 PM 4-11-2009