Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeping it in the family (iModTTS BuildUp thread)

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2011 TTS, Prestige, Phantom Black, Arctic Silver
      12-10-2010 01:30 PM #276
      I'm also a soon to be TTS owner - waiting for my order to be delivered sometime in Feburary (black pearl, black/silver interior, prestige) - can't wait!

Was the rear spoiler on the car when it was new? I'm thinking about adding one and can't decide whether I should order factory TT wing, try for the TTRS wing, or just do something completely different. I haven't see it discussed in the webisodes, are you planning to at some point?

I'm also curious about the methanol injection. How long does the tank stay full? Does it only get turned on when you're on the gas? Is it based on boost pressure or what? Where do you buy methanol? Since I'm new to the the entire car scene is there a good wiki for this kind of stuff?

I'm looking forward to the next episode - it can't come soon enough. Thanks for the awesome work you've done

Vehicles
      CAR HISTORY: |A3|Cayman|TTS|Jetta|.:R|CC|
      12-10-2010 03:50 PM #277
      Quote Originally Posted by hamiltonia View Post
      I'm also a soon to be TTS owner - waiting for my order to be delivered sometime in Feburary (black pearl, black/silver interior, prestige) - can't wait!

Was the rear spoiler on the car when it was new? I'm thinking about adding one and can't decide whether I should order factory TT wing, try for the TTRS wing, or just do something completely different. I haven't see it discussed in the webisodes, are you planning to at some point?

I'm also curious about the methanol injection. How long does the tank stay full? Does it only get turned on when you're on the gas? Is it based on boost pressure or what? Where do you buy methanol? Since I'm new to the the entire car scene is there a good wiki for this kind of stuff?

I'm looking forward to the next episode - it can't come soon enough. Thanks for the awesome work you've done
      Congrats on joining the TT family. As far as the rear wing is concerned, you will probably get some good info out of the next webisode which will go live early next week. This webisode covers exterior mods and will help you envision how your car could look.

As far as methanol, I loved it when I had it. I had to yank it out based on the advice of APR after we went stage3 with the car. a tank lasts a good 400-500 miles and some systems have a floater sensor which will let you know when its due for a refill. Methanol overall is cheap and it gives great boost. There are a bunch of guys on here with methanol on K04 FSI 2.0T engined VAG cars and many of them are at APR stage 2. I'd just google the exact term you are concerned about or looking to learn more about and see what comes up. Definitely the 2.0T forums on here would be the best place to start. Also if you go back into the MK2 TT archives there are some good threads with useful info.

Hope that helps, but the main thing is hanging out in here and asking questions that you were unable to find the answer to by using the search function on Fourtitude. We're a friendly bunch and like all the new activity in this forum.

Jason

3. 12-10-2010 05:22 PM #278
      What was the advise -if you don't mind-? And most important, what did you do with it?
      Possible buyer here!

I think Jason is going to be my premium provider

Ohh, by the way, congrats hamiltonia, best color ever

Vehicles
      12-11-2010 10:31 AM #279
      Quote Originally Posted by DarthTTs View Post
      What was the advise -if you don't mind-? And most important, what did you do with it?
      Possible buyer here!

I think Jason is going to be my premium provider

Ohh, by the way, congrats hamiltonia, best color ever
      DarthTTs,
      APR simply believes through their research and development that the GT2871 is able to really push the abilities of the TTS engine and their idea is that the methanol would create detonation issues with the calibrated remap of the Stage3 set up.

I sold the methanol set up already earlier this year. I highly recommend it still if you haven't gone APR Stage3 yet.

Jason

5. 12-18-2010 06:14 PM #280
      what happened to this thread? Anyone seen the new webisode? it's sick

Vehicles
      1951 pontiac chieftain
      12-23-2010 05:38 PM #281
      Quote Originally Posted by J. Dub View Post
      what happened to this thread? Anyone seen the new webisode? it's sick
      good question...Jason?

here is AR's contribution:

adam's rotors Type 3 match TTS rears, custom cut & finished to order...we do it all.
      customizable brake rotors, made-to-order | adam's rotors inc.
      adamsrotors.com, info@adamsrotors.com, tweet @adamsrotors, or facebook
      the S4: ROTORS4, the S2: ROTORS2, and the S8: ROTORS8

Vehicles
      12-23-2010 06:33 PM #282
      Quote Originally Posted by remembertofocus View Post
      good question...Jason?

here is AR's contribution:

adam's rotors Type 3 match TTS rears, custom cut & finished to order...we do it all.
      @ J.Dub and Adam (Adams Rotors)-
      The thread was shifted to all this Car Audio stuff that is being done as we speak:

[Project TTS/SF CAR AUDIO BUILD THREAD]

However as my man Adam has shown you here, Project TTS/SF is proud to be working directly with Adams Rotors on a set of Type3 rear rotors to balance out the cars look when we also give a similar treatment to the front of the car with a BBK conversion.
      Last edited by iMod.:R; 12-23-2010 at 06:40 PM.

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      12-23-2010 07:05 PM #283
      Quote Originally Posted by J. Dub View Post
      ... Anyone seen the new webisode? it's sick
      You refer to Webisode # 8, "Curbside Appeal"? Yea, more jelousy stuff. She's a beauty!

Jason I say the following comments with 52.4% sarcasim... Do you have a day job?, and Damn, your pocket book is deep.

Vehicles
      12-23-2010 07:14 PM #284
      Quote Originally Posted by LongviewTx View Post
      You refer to Webisode # 8, "Curbside Appeal"? Yea, more jelousy stuff. She's a beauty!

Jason I say the following comments with 52.4% sarcasim... Do you have a day job?, and Damn, your pocket book is deep.
      Hey cool to see your name pop up again man. Hows it been goin'?

Day and night job is the same thing. Video Production. Corporate work, weddings you name it. 14-16 hour days is normal just so I can play with the car! I actually just finished a set of 9 videos for KW/ST and Belltech that they used at SEMA and PRI. More AE (after effects) stuff than anything else, but they look good and those guys are happy with them.

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      12-23-2010 07:18 PM #285
      Ahh, now I understand. You are a hard worker and one day in the not too distant future you will be wildly succesful. You are a very talented individual. Keep it up but, don't brake an ankle.
      2012 Audi TTRS Coupe, Sepang Blue, Ti Pack/Sport Exhaust w/ Leather/Alcantara

Audi CNA Member # 44937

*** AUDIos Muchachos ***

Vehicles
      12-27-2010 11:04 AM #286
      So the guy who was supposed to be getting my TTS brakes off me backed out due to his financial condition, so if anyone else wants a set with a brand new in box set of Hawk ceramic pads, hit me up via PM.

Other than that I wanted to ask all of you for some feedback and ideas. I am looking into a set of Brembos for early next year and need to decide what color calipers for this car. What do you all think?

12. 12-27-2010 11:53 AM #287
      Quote Originally Posted by iModTTS View Post
      So the guy who was supposed to be getting my TTS brakes off me backed out due to his financial condition, so if anyone else wants a set with a brand new in box set of Hawk ceramic pads, hit me up via PM.

Other than that I wanted to ask all of you for some feedback and ideas. I am looking into a set of Brembos for early next year and need to decide what color calipers for this car. What do you all think?

honestly, anything other than the red lol its been over done by the POSERs lol the silver looks great but im sure it would be hidden and wouldnt pop out as much as the yellow or even this gold color:

this blue body,from an STi, kinda give you and idea how it would look, i think it looks great in the gold color IMO

13. 12-27-2010 11:59 AM #288
      Calipers should be black.

14. 12-27-2010 12:02 PM #289
      Quote Originally Posted by DarthTTs View Post
      Calipers should be black.
      dammit! i cant say shiz cuz mine are, BUT silver is obviously the fastest color!

15. 12-27-2010 12:03 PM #290
      Jason let me know what youre looking to get for those pads, they should be a direct fit for my 3.2 brakes since they are virtually the same

16. 12-27-2010 01:36 PM #291
      I say Silver not because im biast to it but because it looks great in contrast to the blue of your car just like your wing shows with the bases holding it up

17. 12-27-2010 05:27 PM #292
      A possible route for your TTS:

Photoshop'd:

http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/view...69495&start=15

Last edited by egi9489; 12-27-2010 at 07:44 PM.

18. 12-27-2010 05:43 PM #293
      Quote Originally Posted by TJ_MK2TT View Post
      dammit! i cant say shiz cuz mine are, BUT silver is obviously the fastest color!
      LOL

No, in all seriousness I agree silver. They should be a nice contrast to the tire and body paint.

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      12-27-2010 09:42 PM #294
      Quote Originally Posted by egi9489 View Post
      I like this suggestion.

I'd say this option gives some pop to the visual w/o going overboard with the silver accent colors. (and just too plain) I was going to say the red so that it (the color) didn't conflict with the blue/silver accent theme but, well, maybe red is over done. Concern is that the blue caliper shade will undoubtably be different than sprint blue and may look "off". But it should look nice against the HRE wheel.

Anyway, just one more "solicited" opinion.

Whatever you do you better wait until NeverOEM gets back on this board and offers his view. He's been conspicuously absent the last few days.

Maybe a "Digital Camo" - Yes, that's my recommendation/suggestion.
      Last edited by LongviewTx; 12-28-2010 at 08:18 AM.

Audi CNA Member # 44937

*** AUDIos Muchachos ***

Vehicles
      12-27-2010 10:53 PM #295
      Quote Originally Posted by egi9489 View Post

Love the suggestion and would truly like to go custom (i was thinking Sprint Blue caliper with silver Brembo logo) but that adds $400- to the cost over the "ready made" Red, black, yellow or silver. I did the math, and after selling my OEM TTS brakes, combined with my squirreled away cash I will barely have enough to afford the Brembos in one of their stock colors. So knowing that if you had to pick one of the 4 stock colors what would you choose? This is likely the last mod that will be done to this car, so I want to do it as right as I can.

TIA-
      Jason

21. 12-28-2010 03:38 AM #296
      then i'd go red or black.

there's no doubt that there already exists a red-blue theme in the car (//S badge, tail lights, HRE wheel caps). i guess red calipers would fit just fine.

otherwise black's the safer choice. good luck!
      Last edited by egi9489; 12-28-2010 at 03:45 AM.

22. 12-28-2010 08:27 AM #297
      Silver.... just look how it looks in contrast to the blue on your wing, i think it'd be a nice even flow throughout the car to have little subtle pieces of silver like you have going on with the rear wing as is... the tail lights are the only but biggest pieces or red on the car and black blends too much into the background of the wheels/tires

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      12-28-2010 08:29 AM #298
      Quote Originally Posted by iModTTS View Post
      ... "This is likely the last mod that will be done to this car, so I want to do it as right as I can."

TIA-
      Jason
      I am not liking this comment.

Audi CNA Member # 44937

*** AUDIos Muchachos ***

24. 12-28-2010 10:26 AM #299
      Quote Originally Posted by LongviewTx View Post
      I am not liking this comment.
      x2

Have you consider about the RS4/6 calipers Jason?
      I may want to go that route..
      in the remote future LOL, you know how long it took me my first upgrade

Vehicles
      12-28-2010 11:01 AM #300
      Quote Originally Posted by TJ_MK2TT View Post
      Jason let me know what youre looking to get for those pads, they should be a direct fit for my 3.2 brakes since they are virtually the same
      @TJ- Sorry I missed this post man. I am actually selling the whole TTS front brake kit with a set of NIB pads to go along with it. My post was a bit confusing now that I look at it.

@ LongviewTX, TJ, DarthTTs, DogonzTT and egi9489- Thanks for the suggestions and your reasoning behind them. I will take all those ideas into consideration, its too bad I can't combine all your ideas and do a silver caliper with a Sprint Blue Brembo logo!

@ LongviewTX and DarthTTs- I should have said this will be my last mod for the TTS/SF webisode series. The last 5 webisodes are:

8. Curbside appeal: Spoiler and front lip (aka OEM body enhancements)
      9. Coils, oils and more: (BFI motormounts, Evoms intake, Okada coils and Red Line Oil)
      10. Braking News: (Brembo BBK and Adams Rotors)
      11. The Grunt: (Meisterschaft exhaust)
      12. Safe and sound: (Car Audio Security and countermeasure technology)

I have filmed all of these and edited 8, 9 and 12

Still have to film the tunnel driving for the exhaust webisode and the entire Brake webisode, so its all kind wrapping up from my end.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast