Everybody loves more pics!!
I thought I would go more into the explaination of the tensioner, and the problem behind it.
The first pic notes the new belt route... opposite of the stock tensioner "pull". (This was also a perfect belt legth...155cm) Normally it pushes to the ground.. now it has to push towards the head.. Lawrence and I played around with the tensioner arm to make sure we couldn't flip either over, and each time it was impossible to grip and twist b/c a pulley was in the way or some sort of clearance issue with the belt arm or clearance to the upper timing belt cover.
So to utilize this route I made a model for two brackets to mount on the back of the tensioner shaft. You will notice the key way for the lower arm to grab on the tensioner shaft. Everything will be held apart by a heim joint/tie rod. I put in muliple holes just incase my angle of relaxed fittment was off or my tie rod measurement was off. Theres plenty of room. Its all just .25" thick steel
More of the exhaust welded up... took some close-ups. A total of three v-band assemblies are in the exhaust incase of repairs to other areas needs to be accessed, or to the exhaust itself.
Lawrence also got started on the switch panel and some wiring... Barely any harness to the Diesel, which is good. We had some Arming swtiches that did the job perfectly. So far they consist of two for fans, one glow, fuel, and start power.
Some pieces were added to the back cargo area for oil and fuilds.. One more large tray/box right behind the fuel cell for tools and parts will still be added.
Modified by California Jay at 5:33 AM 6-23-2009