*** OFFICIAL VWVORTEX ROTREX SUPERCHARGER THREAD ***
INA Engineering is looking for forum regulars to "test" our PG kits along side our 1.8T kits.If you are interested in upgrading from a G60 to a Rotrex unit and you are looking for an introductory deal then please do not hesitate to EMAIL US with details of your project.
In stock form the G60 motor has been fun but being a former G60 MKII owner I am sure I speak for the forum when I say we all know how finicky these little babies can be.I have campaigned for years for Hybrid G60's (See Thread 1 & Thread 2) just so users could get more power out of there engines but sadly one major fact still remains.The G60 supercharger is an inefficient 20+ year old design.We have seen companies develop products for the G60 charger in more ways than one and to that I give a huge to many of them as they have inspired me to do what I am doing today.
INA Engineering was founded on the principle of "outside the box" thinking by bringing new ideas to old platforms.This latest project we have been working on since late 2007.We were supposed to debut it @ WF08 but sadly it did not happen.Enough about the history lesson....onto the main show. (grab your popcorn)
INTRODUCING Rotrex Supercharger kits for Volkswagen/Audi.The first available complete kit in North America for the PG G60 & other various VW/Audi engines.
Quote, originally posted by INA Engineering - Rotrex G60 replacement kit »
- Rotrex C30-XX supercharger with Hub Assembly torqued to supercharger.
- Rotrex Supercharger pulley with the following choices in diameter
- 70,75,80,85,90,95,100,105 & 110mm
- Rotrex self contained oiling system which includes:
- (1) Oil canister
- (1) Magnetic Oil filter
- (1) SX100 Oil
- (10) feet of rubber line
- (10) clamps for line + various other hardware components
- INA Engineering CNC machined bracket for supercharger & oil canister
- OEM accessory bracket to replace stock G60 bracket
PRICE = $2559 US + Shipping
Add the following & pay only an extra $240 US
- Brand new 90A Isaka ABA alternator
- T6061 CNC machined pulley for H20 pump & Alternator pulley
(images of the kit will be posted shortly)
Vortex members can download the data direct from Rotrex's website or you can click the following links below.Feel free to browse the website and obtain whatever information you need.The short take on the product: (taken direct from Rotrex's website because it is that good )
Quote, originally posted by Short Take »
Rotrex is the leading manufacturer of high speed traction drives. The patented planetary drive allows speeds up to 250,000rpm offering high efficiency, compactness, reliability and silent operation.
Rotrex standard product range consists of the C15, C30 and C38 families. The unique small size of the C15 makes it the most compact supercharger on the market. The C30 and C38 cover the market for larger displacement engines.
C15-XX Up to 2Lt Engine Capacity
Less than 50hp to 200hp Engine Output
201,500 rpm Maximum Impeller Speed
1 : 12.67 Gear Ratio
Rotrex C15-XX Technical Data Sheet
C30-XX 1Lt to 4.5Lt Engine Capacity
100hp to 400hp Engine Output
120,000 rpm Maximum Impeller Speed
1 : 9.49 Gear Ratio
Rotrex C30-XX Technical Data Sheet
C38-XX 3Lt to 6Lt Engine Capacity
300hp to 630hp Engine Output
90,000 rpm Maximum Impeller Speed
1 : 7.5 Gear Ratio
Rotrex C38-XX Technical Data Sheet
From time to time we see questions come up along the lines of how is "X" supercharger better than "Y" supercharger.I am not here to address every single supercharger out there,just the ones that concern me.
Quote, originally posted by PROS VS CONS »
PROS of Rotrex vs G60
- VERY Low Maintenance
- Availability - unless Rotrex goes bankrupt,these units will be available for years to come
- New technology which surpasses the efficiency of the 20+ year old G60 units.
- More compact design.Allows for larger model superchargers to fit in engine bay.
- Wide range of Supercharger pulley diameter
- Quiet - yes the Rotrex makes no noise so there is no need to silence this bad boy.
- INDEPENDENT Oiling System - very crucial.We have seen many G60's fail because they use the same engine oil that runs through the motor.Failed rod bearing = failed supercharger
- 1 Support bracket - Because the unit is lightweight & compact there is no need for a rear support bracket leaving users the option of freeing up the crankcase breather port for a catch can.
- 1 PRICE POLICY - The difference in prices between the C15 & C38 series is minimal at $200US.
- High reputation worldwide
CONS of Rotrex kit vs G60
- PRICE - essentially this is the only con of the Rotrex kit.However once the initial investment is made there will be no need to pay for rebuilds every couple 50,000 km's.Perfect for your piece of mind
- Clockwise rotation only - users who want to mount there charger in the stock G60 air box region (we have had requests for this) wont be able to do it with a Rotrex
- Offset - The centre of the drive belt must be no more than 23mm away from the face of the unit.Failure to do this in the design will void the warranty.This meant that we were not able to make an adapter from the Rotrex to the stock G60 bracket.
NOTE : We can build a rotrex kit for practically any 4 or 5 cylinder Volkswagen & Audi.We have the engines on stands,the drawings in hand & the frames to test them.If you are interested in being part of a special INA Engineering project then simply do not hesitate to ask
Here is a sample of our 1.8T kit in testing right now.