VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

New Product Development 2.5L L/W Single Mass Flywheel and Clutch kits , Shipped Ground Lower 48

191K views 145 replies 49 participants last post by  FourSeasonTuning.com 
#1 · (Edited)
Flywheel and Kits Below

FST 228MM L/W Single Mass Steel Billet Flywheel Includes Ring Gear $324.95 Shipped Ground ,

FST 228MM L/W Single Mass Steel Billet Flywheel Without Ring Gear $309.95 Shipped Ground ,

FST 228MM L/W Single Mass Alloy Flywheel Includes Ring Gear $389.95 Shipped Ground ,

FST 228MM L/W Single Mass Alloy Flywheel Without Ring Gear $369.95 Shipped Ground ,

FST 228MM L/W Single Mass Alloy Flywheel W/ Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit $559.95 Shipped Ground ,

FST 228MM L/W Single Mass Steel Billet Flywheel W/ Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit $499.95 Shipped Ground ,

FST 228MM L/W Single Mass Alloy Flywheel W/ Clutchnet Stage 2 VR6 Clutch Kit $749.95 Shipped Ground ,
FST 228MM L/W Single Mass Steel Billet Flywheel W/ Clutchnet Stage 2 VR6 Clutch Kit $679.95 Shipped Ground ,

FST 228MM L/W Single Mass Alloy Flywheel W/ Clutchnet Stage 3 VR6 Clutch Kit $759.95 Shipped Ground ,
FST 228MM L/W Single Mass Steel Billet Flywheel W/ Clutchnet Stage 3 VR6 Clutch Kit $694.95 Shipped Ground

OEM 2.5 Dual Mass Flywheel W/ Ring Gear 22.7 LBS
OEM Clutch Disc & Pressure Plate 10.1 LBS
Total Weight 32.8 LBS

FST Alloy Single Mass Flywheel/ Ring Gear 10.0 LBS
Sachs VR6 Clutch Disc & Pressure Plate 13.1 LBS
Total Weight 23.1 LBS
Total Overall Weight Reduction 9.7 LBS W/ Alloy FW

FST Steel Billet Single Mass Flywheel/ Ring Gear 14.0 LBS
Sachs VR6 Clutch Disc & Pressure Plate 13.1 LBS
Total Weight 23.1 LBS
Total Overall Weight Reduction 5.7 LBS W/ Steel

By using a heavier Clutch Disc & Pressure Plate this will add 3 more
pounds to the Alloy flywheel (as compared to the OEM 2.5 Clutch Disc &
Pressure Plate ) making it feel like a 13 pound flywheel. This overall
weight reduction is 9.7 pounds. A steel version could be made if the
alloy one ends up being too light and or a heavier version is wanted.

Here are some examples of other weights of OEM Flywheels (Engines of
similar power)
All OEM Single Mass Cast VR6 12V flywheels are 17.75 pounds w/ ring gear.
Many users have switched to a L/W Steel Billet Flywheel that weighs in at 11.75 w/ ring gear fitted.
Also available are slightly heavier Cast steel Single Mass w/ ring gear at 13.80 pounds ( still lighter than stock).

MK4 1.8T W/ 5 speed users are changing the OEM DM 22 pound flywheel
and converting to A Single Mass as well.
Again using the same weight as a 12V VR6 single mass steel billet
flywheel that weighs in at 11.75 w/ ring gear fitted.Also available
are slightly heavier Cast steel Single Mass w/ ring gear at 14
pounds.Both of the these flywheels were created in the aftermarket as a
performance part designed for the Corrado G60 and are using the very
proven Sachs VR6 clutch kit ( this Sachs kit is rated to 250-275
Torque and takes more)

1.8T & 2.8 24V VR6 W/ 6 speed 02M 6 speed users are changing the OEM DM
26.5 pound flywheel to A Single Mass type as well. 16.5 single mass
steel billet w/ ring gear this takes 10 pounds off and does not chatter.

Clutch Kits without Flywheel

2.5L Stage 1 Clutch Kit $215.00 Shipped Ground ( Includes 228MM Sachs Pressure Plate, Sachs Sprung Hub Disc,Sachs T/O bearing. Rated at 275 TQ at flywheel.Must be used with FST228-2.5AFW.

2.5L Stage 1 Clutch Kit

2.5L Stage 2 Clutch Kit $375.99 Shipped Ground ( Includes 228MM Clutchnet Yellow Pressure Plate, Clutchnet Disc w/ Steel covered 6 spring Hub,Sachs T/O bearing and alignment tool. Rated at 375 TQ at flywheel.Must be used with FST228-2.5AFW.

2.5L Stage 2 Clutch Kit

2.5L Stage 3 Clutch Kit $554.95 Shipped Ground ( Includes 228MM Clutchnet Red Pressure Plate, Clutchnet Disc w/ Steel covered 6 spring Hub, Sachs T/O bearing and alignment tool. Rated at 445 TQ at flywheel. Must be used with FST228-2.5AFW.

2.5LStage 3 Clutch Kit

2.5L Stage 2X Kevlar Clutch Kit $445.00 Shipped Ground ( Includes 228MM Clutchnet Red Pressure Plate,Kevlar Clutchnet Disc w/ Steel covered 6 spring Hub, Sachs T/O bearing and alignment tool. Rated at 400 TQ at flywheel. Must be used with FST228-2.5AFW.

2.5L Stage 2X Clutch Kit

2.5L Stage 2X Fiber Carbon Clutch Kit $445.00 Shipped Ground ( Includes 228MM Clutchnet Red Pressure Plate,Fiber Carbon Clutchnet Disc w/ Steel covered 6 spring Hub, Sachs T/O bearing and alignment tool. Rated at 400 TQ at flywheel. Must be used with FST228-2.5AFW.

2.5L Stage 2X Clutch Kit

California residents will be charged 7.75 % sales tax.

The current site only has a fraction of the parts listed that we carry.Please contact us if the items you seek are not on the site. Competitive pricing, Fast shipping, If you see a lower price let us know, chances are we can work with you.

Questions at 714-997-5842 M-F 10-6 PST

Email is better than IM
sales(AT)fourseasontuning.com*

Thanks for looking.
James

AKA wld101turkey

See less See more
#31 ·
Re: New Product Development 2.5L L/W Single Mass Flywheel and Clutch ... (FourSeasonTuning.com)

this is worth the money, just finished the 500 mile "break in" period, it feels like a whole different car!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#32 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by ~kInG~ »
this is worth the money, just finished the 500 mile "break in" period, it feels like a whole different car!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

for reals? Cuz the one thing I despise about the 2.5 is the effin clutch. It has zero feedback and I stall it more often than my 96 GTI or 92 Golf (which is like never) and there is like no in between on the 2.5, in or out. I hate it and anything I can do to change that is worth it in my book.

#35 ·
Re: FV-QR (5_Cent)

I got 600 miles on mine. I'm gonna wait till I hit 1,000 miles and do an oil change before I really start hammering on it. I've laid into it a couple times in the past few days and it feels great. The clutch pedal feels like something is actually there and the shifts feel so much better.

#79 ·
RE: TeamZleep

Rebleed the system. The purchasers on page 1 had no issues. NGP used this flywheel on their turbo 2.5 rabbit.

The overall stack height on this kit and the oem kit are the same as measured mounted on crank flange.

I got 600 miles on mine. I'm gonna wait till I hit 1,000 miles and do an oil change before I really start hammering on it. I've laid into it a couple times in the past few days and it feels great. The clutch pedal feels like something is actually there and the shifts feel so much better.

#36 ·
Re: FV-QR (vw93to85)

How much gearbox chatter (if any) is present with either the steel or alloy flywheel? I'm looking into this for the future, but I would like to avoid chatter if at all possible, even if that means going with the slightly heavier flywheel.
Anything's better than the OEM DM flywheel that's in there right now.

#37 ·
Re: FV-QR (Wally Gorbash)

I can find the sound clips with the alloy one. We have not recorded any with the steel yet. The steel material and extra weight will dampen the idler gear rattle somewhat better than the alloy. There will always be some extra noise when going from a DMF to a single mass conversion.

#38 ·
With the steel flywheel and VR6 clutch in the 2.5 engine, has the engagement point changed at all? Any issues with slipping or not releasing? Also, there is no noise on the VR engines so how could there be noise on a 2.5 with single mass flywheel and a SPRUNG hub clutch?

#39 ·
okay so i have no experience whatsoever on what flywheels fit my car or what clutches work the best regarding six puck, full disk, steel or alloy flywheels etc. I have an 09 rabbit, ive been autocrossing for the past 2 years and my question is what is the best combination of stage 1 clutches n flywheel that is the cheapest for me to upgrade. i have no issues with the amount of noise or chatter it makes. i just want the lowest price possible on upgrading the flywheel n which clutch kit would be the best? sorry for the noobish question but lately my clutch is feeling really mushy or the pedal at least, and i want to upgrade eventually as the clutch will start slipping at any moment.

#48 ·
so if i wanted to be closest to stock dm flywheel the billet steel would be the best way to go? and for the clutch my car is geting a big turbo treatment so if i get stage 3 clutch now will it be undrivable n/a or should i get stage 2 to drive on till then and use that with my built motor since my buddy has a 700hp vrt and has southbend clutch but its rated at 375tq and is holding up... so i should add ill be around 5-600hp when done.:confused:

#49 ·
Re: kevin FaKiN spLits

The steel FW will be the closest overall weight to stock. A six puck disc will not last as long as a full face version.

Because you are building a engine that is going to exceed 400 TQ consider A kit that uses a Sachs Sport pressure plate instead of a modified oem sachs one. South Bend/DXD uses these in the stage 3 and 4 kits.

The Max torque that South Bend rates their stage 4 kit at is 525 and these sell for about $600 w/o a flywheel.

Next step up is a Tilton twin disc with a pressure plate rated for 700 TQ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.