Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Product Development 2.5L L/W Single Mass Flywheel and Clutch kits , Shipped Ground Lower 48

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-26-2011 02:12 PM #71
      now i'm worried again.. sorta

2. Forum Sponsor FourSeasonTuning.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      92 Corrado SLC , 92 Audi S4
      06-27-2011 02:30 PM #72
      Rebleed the system. The purchasers on page 1 had no issues. NGP used this flywheel on their turbo 2.5 rabbit.

The overall stack height on this kit and the oem kit are the same as measured mounted on crank flange.

Quote Originally Posted by vw93to85 View Post
      I got 600 miles on mine. I'm gonna wait till I hit 1,000 miles and do an oil change before I really start hammering on it. I've laid into it a couple times in the past few days and it feels great. The clutch pedal feels like something is actually there and the shifts feel so much better.
      :: www.FourSeasonTuning.com
      :: Wössner-APR-United Motorsport-Supertech-Clutchnet-DXD/SBC-Koni-KW- IE-Bosch-Hawk-Peloquin-TT-Sachs-Brembo-Samco-Much More...
      :: VW / Audi Performance and Oem Parts Source and Service Center ::714-997-5842 M-F 10:30-6:30 PST

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-27-2011 04:31 PM #73
      guys, just in case... i wasnt trully bashing...

its just that i have some issues, that may or may not be related to the product... i said that i cant recommend the prod just because i dont know if my issues are caused by it...

and by voicing my issues, maybe someone had a solution!

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-29-2011 06:31 PM #74
      thans for the time of the call today.!

it was all good, and i think you are right, and that the flywheel has nothing to do with my "issues"

anyways, have a nice day.

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-30-2011 10:39 AM #75
      its kind of hard to get into some gears... i think its the short shifter... it was hard to install... so maybe we left it a lil crooked.

i am not really worried, cause the car is fine, and driver perfect... just the shift things every now and then... but per my conv with FST, a lot of things will "fix itself" once i convert my ecu.

07-29-2011 12:05 PM #76
      up up up

Vehicles
      '08 2.5Turbo Rabbit
      08-02-2011 07:18 PM #77
      So...do you guys offer any deals in package form including lsd's?
      If I'm in there I might as well pull the dif and replace that too right?
      god i love my car. it may not be fast, but it's crazy fun!

C2 stage 2 TURBO!!! ACHTUNG!!! 2.5liter 5cylinder contents under pressure!!!

8. Forum Sponsor FourSeasonTuning.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      08-04-2011 04:10 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by TylerO28 View Post
      So...do you guys offer any deals in package form including lsd's?
      If I'm in there I might as well pull the dif and replace that too right?
      It is more complicated to change a differential. If you are willing, just give us a call and we could make a package deal.
      :: Wössner-APR-United Motorsport-Supertech-Clutchnet-DXD/SBC-Koni-KW- IE-Bosch-Hawk-Peloquin-TT-Sachs-Brembo-Samco-Much More...
      :: VW / Audi Performance and Oem Parts Source and Service Center ::714-997-5842 M-F 10:30-6:30 PST

Vehicles
      '08 2.5Turbo Rabbit
      08-23-2011 12:45 AM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by FourSeasonTuning.com View Post
      It is more complicated to change a differential. If you are willing, just give us a call and we could make a package deal.
      I know its stupid that they rivit the ring on the diff... I've got a nice drill press and air hammer, so I hope i will be able to get at it

10. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      08 Rabbit CW
      10-05-2011 07:35 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by TylerO28 View Post
      I know its stupid that they rivit the ring on the diff... I've got a nice drill press and air hammer, so I hope i will be able to get at it
      I did my LSD install, and those rivets are a B!^ch to remove, luckily i have access to a mill and a
      Hydraulic press, and the ring is also pressed on to the Diff...if you have any question let me know, i just
      did my install about 3 weeks ago, with a Four seasons Single mass Fly and Vr6 Clutch after you brake them
      in its worth it.

Vehicles
      '08 2.5Turbo Rabbit
      11-04-2011 01:07 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by Charliemkv View Post
      I did my LSD install, and those rivets are a B!^ch to remove, luckily i have access to a mill and a
      Hydraulic press, and the ring is also pressed on to the Diff...if you have any question let me know, i just
      did my install about 3 weeks ago, with a Four seasons Single mass Fly and Vr6 Clutch after you brake them
      in its worth it.
      What did you do about shimming and tolerances? Thats the thing I'm truly worried about. You dont need a ticking time bomb that costs as much as your dif,trans case, synchros and in put shaft once they go kaboom!

I would do it, but worry about it...

I am going to be ordering this lightened flywheel and stage 2 kit VERY soon. I'm thinking I'm feeling slop in the dual mass. And well I think I'll start slipping soon. 10lbs of boost on the oem clutch with 80k on it... Thinking it's going to go some time soon

Vehicles
      '08 2.5Turbo Rabbit
      11-07-2011 04:21 PM #82
      Just called and spoke with someone.that was very friendly and helpful!

Can you please let me know when the steel billet flywheels are on the shelf ready to ship. I'm officially slipping and need to get this fixed.

should I go stage 2? 2+? Upgrade pressure plate or just a better friction material? I'm turbo 2.5 now and need to insure the power is going to the ground, not spinning away at the flywheel

13. 11-07-2011 04:30 PM #83
      lol i didn't even think about a slipping clutch being the problem w/that dyno pull

I thought our OEM unit was good to ~300ft/lb?

14. Forum Sponsor FourSeasonTuning.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      11-08-2011 11:13 AM #84
      Sent two kits yesterday, steel flywheels are a few days out and the alloy ones are in stock.

The VR6 clutch kit is can hold about 275 TQ, The oe clutch not that much. The stage 2 is only needed for over 275 TQ.

Vehicles
      '08 2.5Turbo Rabbit
      11-08-2011 10:16 PM #85
      So stage 2 it is for me... I think the clutch net 2x pressure plate with the organic full face disc and the steel flywheel will be good. Or should I opt for the kevlar or carbon disc? Truthfully, which will have the best life, holding power, and heat resistance? Also need drivability to be good. I dont mind a hard pedal, but I do not want instant grab type on/off operation... Please let me know

Vehicles
      2007 CW Rabbit
      11-13-2011 05:20 PM #86
      Is there a recommended break in process for your clutch/flywheel kits on the rabbit?

Also, a big to James West at FST for helping me out and making sure my stuff was overnighted. Haven't driven my rabbit much (since it's going back to the mechanic tomorrow because of some noise coming from a pulley) but it feels SO much better than stock...
      United Motorsport Software|AWE-Tuning Cat-Back Exhaust|LNT Intake|Koni Yellows w/ H&R Sports|Neuspeed 25mm RSB|NLS Short Shifter w/ 42dd Bushings & VMS Shift bracket bushings|BFI Torque Mount Insert|Lead foot

Friends don't let friends be like Av. and PSU.

11-21-2011 01:31 PM #87

18. Member
      Vehicles
      06 Jetta 2.5L 5spd (LSD+ .717 TDI 5th swap)
      12-14-2011 08:21 AM #88
      I've read through the thread (unlike some people I seen here...) and am wondering if anyone has been using the aluminum alloy flywheel? All the sales i've seen are for the billet steel flywheel. I'll be needing a clutch shortly and I think I am siding with the billet for the reduced noise.
      C2 tune, Peloquin LSD, .717 TDI 5TH gear swap, AWE exhaust, BSH CAI, H&R street sport coilover + 25mm RSB, neuspeed short shifter, 17x8 BBS RGR.

Vehicles
      06 TBSS 73 volksrod 73 standard
      12-14-2011 09:27 AM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by Anile_eight View Post
      I've read through the thread (unlike some people I seen here...) and am wondering if anyone has been using the aluminum alloy flywheel? All the sales i've seen are for the billet steel flywheel. I'll be needing a clutch shortly and I think I am siding with the billet for the reduced noise.
      I've been running a billet flywheels and the vr stage 1 clutch setup for over a year now. Love it, no issues or complaints

20. Forum Sponsor FourSeasonTuning.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      12-14-2011 02:00 PM #90
      Most buyers are opting for the billet steel flywheel.
      I would like to hear feedback from those running an aluminum flywheel too.

www.fourseasontuning.com

Vehicles
      12-14-2011 09:11 PM #91
      Most buyers are opting for the billet steel flywheel.
      I would like to hear feedback from those running an aluminum flywheel too.

www.fourseasontuning.com
      Sorry let me clarify, I've been running the billet aluminum flywheels with no issues for over a year now with no problems

22. Member
      Vehicles
      06 Jetta 2.5L 5spd (LSD+ .717 TDI 5th swap)
      12-15-2011 12:35 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by RedRumGTI View Post
      Sorry let me clarify, I've been running the billet aluminum flywheels with no issues for over a year now with no problems
      Ahhh... I see. Well no issues is different then chatter and other noise. How is that? I'd like to run the aluminum flywheel but the noise issue I think is putting me off. The billet steel is definitely a go unless I get enough responses saying other wise
      C2 tune, Peloquin LSD, .717 TDI 5TH gear swap, AWE exhaust, BSH CAI, H&R street sport coilover + 25mm RSB, neuspeed short shifter, 17x8 BBS RGR.

Vehicles
      12-15-2011 12:50 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by Anile_eight View Post
      Ahhh... I see. Well no issues is different then chatter and other noise. How is that? I'd like to run the aluminum flywheel but the noise issue I think is putting me off. The billet steel is definitely a go unless I get enough responses saying other wise
      Personally I don't notice any chatter, I've had a couple random times at idle where I've noticed a slight throw out bearing noise. It was very faint though. I should throw out there that I've got a bfi stage 2 trans mount so all noises are amplified in the cabin. Before that never noticed any difference from stock except how quick the motor winds up.

Vehicles
      2007 CW Rabbit
      12-22-2011 12:46 PM #94
      I personally do notice the chatter, but it doesn't bother me. Sometimes it's more noticeable than others, and it honestly seems random. At first it bothered me, but only because I had started driving my car after having the engine replaced (and before I took back the car, it had a super loud pulley noise), and I was listening for every single little thing that might not be normal; and I had no clue what the sound was. I only made the connection when the sound went away when I put the clutch in, and after that it didn't bother me anymore.

My rabbit does rev faster, and while shifting, the revs fall faster too. The engine does shut down quicker as well when I turn the ignition off, but I have also had the engine stay on after a deeper stall.

Not sure if this is attributable to the replacement engine, or the clutch, but the rabbit does feel faster to me. All in all, I have no complaints.
      United Motorsport Software|AWE-Tuning Cat-Back Exhaust|LNT Intake|Koni Yellows w/ H&R Sports|Neuspeed 25mm RSB|NLS Short Shifter w/ 42dd Bushings & VMS Shift bracket bushings|BFI Torque Mount Insert|Lead foot

Friends don't let friends be like Av. and PSU.

25. Forum Sponsor FourSeasonTuning.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      03-29-2012 04:48 PM #95
      Pre-dampened discs are available for our clutch kits.

We put one in our customers MkV Golf on Monday 26th. and what a huge difference it made.
      Very quiet with a single mass flywheel.
      www.fourseasontuning.com

26. 04-18-2012 09:59 AM #96
      Finally got my stage 1 clutch, pressure plate, and steel billet flywheel. No shifting issues with NLS short shifter and 42 draft designs shifter bushings set. Also had my Wavetrac LSD installed and a new timing chain. Couldn’t be happier with the new clutch setup, much easier to drive with this new setup. The real test will be this weekend, going to Roebling Road this weekend for a HPDE.

Jay

Vehicles
      More than you can afford pal. Ferrari.
      06-12-2012 03:21 PM #97
      You guys know of the Beetle fitment as far as any of your kits? 2.5L 5MT.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'13 | 0311 | 0331| 0933 | '14- Soldier of Fortune
      Wagon Aficionado | Brodozer Brocionado | BMW Motorrad
      Aonarch's Blog!
      Wagon GTG SoWo '14

09-12-2012 07:23 PM #98
      up

29. 10-29-2012 02:56 PM #99
      I'm working on my new to me 2005.5 2.5.
      I had it about a week when the Clutch Slave failed.
      I had the same hard shifting, lurching into reverse and all that was described above.

I tried old school bleeding and it would come up but not stay, so I replaced the Slave cylinder.

I've been through hell trying to get the new slave bleed,
      Used my reverse flow pump (no luck),
      Standing gravity bleed (nope didn't work either),
      Even a pressure bleeder (well, that gave me disengagement for about 10 minutes),
      Then after letting it sit for an hour cold, while I re-read every section of the Bently DVD again, I discovered that both seals on the metal hose ends were weeping.

Did you guys replace those two little seals when you changed the clutches.
      I know the Bently says inspect and replace if showing wear, but both of mine looked just fine. They had been fine right up until I disconnected them.

Just a thought

30. Forum Sponsor FourSeasonTuning.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-30-2012 03:56 PM #100
      Many of our clutch kits include a new slave with o-ring.
      I always recommend a new o-ring when removing the clutch hose, the old o-ring will loose its shape as its compressed into the hose.

We also recommend filling the slave with brake fluid during the clutch install, this is done to expedite the bleeding process.

31. 10-31-2012 09:44 AM #101
      Many of our clutch kits include a new slave with o-ring.
      I always recommend a new o-ring when removing the clutch hose, the old o-ring will loose its shape as its compressed into the hose.

We also recommend filling the slave with brake fluid during the clutch install, this is done to expedite the bleeding process.
      Well my Jetta has the Hat or shouldered style seal, instead of an o-ring.
      And the new FTE slave cylinder did not have new seals.

I was just pointing it out as a possible issue for the two other members that had issues with the new clutch not releasing properly.

32. Member
      10-31-2012 09:53 PM #102
      Will a lightweight flywheel help with the rev hang or is that only solved with a tune?

33. Forum Sponsor FourSeasonTuning.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      11-01-2012 02:38 PM #103
      Flywheel won't change it, the issue is the software coding.
      The info below is from the Mk5 Self Study Program.

Clutch Position Sensor G476
      The Clutch Position Sensor G476 is a Hall effect device that signals the engine control module that the clutch pedal has moved.
      This deactivates the cruise control system and briefly reduces fuel to the fuel injectors to prevent engine shudder during the resulting gear change.
      For additional information on the accelerator, brake and clutch pedal assembly please refer to
      SSP 861403 “The new Jetta Steering and Suspension”.

34. 03-17-2013 07:04 AM #104
      If I was to use a fwd 02Q 6spd and want to cater for upto 600bhp/550tq what would be the flywheel and clutch choice you'd recommend. (Would prefer slip clutch rather than paddle.) thanks..
      2002-2008 - 340bhp 1.8T AWD Corrado. Sold
      2008 - Exige S2. Sold
      2008 - 1.8T 350bhp fwd Corrado. Sold.
      2009 - R32 280bhp fwd Corrado. Sold
      2012 - S1 Elise/exige project.. Think rabbit 2.5 turbo in a 750kg car!

05-21-2013 08:01 PM #105

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast