Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official CC Ask a VW Salesperson thread.....

Vehicles
      2005 GLI BMP 6MT 1999 Yukon SLT
      03-05-2009 03:30 PM #1
      Well, I have been away from VW for a while, but I am back. I have started and/or participated in many of these threads across the Vortex. I was chatting with Jay (iPinch) and he suggested we start one here on the CC forum. He started the very first one on the MkV forum, which is now at 316 pages, more than 11,000 posts, and almost 494,000 views!!

So anyway, feel free to post your questions relating to the CC. Jay and I will answer for you, and I'm sure other VW salespeople will also chime in this open forum. Do you want to know about models, options, colors, whatever. Or the ever popular where can I find this car? I have full access to the US Volkswagen Vehicle Management system, so I can find cars anywhere in the US. Are you looking for a specific car in your area? Do you want more info on your ordered car? Let me know, I'll do what I can to help!

PAUL SEMHON - - Mercedes-Benz of Flemington - - Flemington, NJ - - 888-699-3821 work and 908-246-0804 cell
      paulsemhon@yahoo.com

AKA Turbopaul@MillenniumVW - Posts - 5,941 - RIP Millennium VW

Vehicles
      askavwsalesguy.com
      03-05-2009 08:42 PM #2

3. 03-06-2009 12:08 AM #3
      About a week ago I took delivery of a CC 4motion with an RNS-510. The brochure says my car should have footwell interior lighting as standard equipment. The service department says that not included in my CC but is in other models. I don't see where it says its an option. The MFD setup does not have an option for the footwell lighting but I have seen the setup option on other VW's like the Toureg. I thought we test drove another 4 motion that had the lighting. Any idea if something isn't set up properly or if not all CC's really have the footwell lights.

Also it seems that when I plug my iPhone into the Nav using the the iPhone adapter the rear backup camera does not operate. Are they not compatible.

Vehicles
      13 CW G6
      03-06-2009 08:09 AM #4
      Nice Paul - thanks for opening this up in the CC forum

Vehicles
      13 CW G6
      03-06-2009 08:10 AM #5
      Here's one that's bugging me and a few others - do you think the 2010 Sport will be offered with an optional sunroof?

Vehicles
      03-06-2009 09:35 AM #6
      Quote, originally posted by grandbay »
      About a week ago I took delivery of a CC 4motion with an RNS-510. The brochure says my car should have footwell interior lighting as standard equipment. The service department says that not included in my CC but is in other models. I don't see where it says its an option. The MFD setup does not have an option for the footwell lighting but I have seen the setup option on other VW's like the Toureg. I thought we test drove another 4 motion that had the lighting. Any idea if something isn't set up properly or if not all CC's really have the footwell lights.

Also it seems that when I plug my iPhone into the Nav using the the iPhone adapter the rear backup camera does not operate. Are they not compatible.

Well, interesting question. Unfortunately Friday is my day off. I checked the VW sales training website, and the CC Specs that are listed on there were last updated Sept 22, 2008. It shows footwell lighting as standard on all CC models. So it would appear to me that it is just a set-up issue.

Maybe someone at work can check this out, or I will tomorrow. As for the iPhone, Jay will definitely be able to help on this one, as he has on, and has posted about the set-up already. No one I work with has an iPhone, so we've never set one up.

PAUL SEMHON - - Mercedes-Benz of Flemington - - Flemington, NJ - - 888-699-3821 work and 908-246-0804 cell
      paulsemhon@yahoo.com

Vehicles
      03-06-2009 09:40 AM #7
      Quote, originally posted by Tourenwagen »
      Nice Paul - thanks for opening this up in the CC forum

Jay and and are happy to help!

Here's one that's bugging me and a few others - do you think the 2010 Sport will be offered with an optional sunroof?

Well, I can't say for sure, but in the VW Inventory Management (VIM) system, they are starting to add the 2010 models. But at this early date, what is in there is still preliminary. The only option listed for the 2010 Sport at this time is 'Rear Airbags'.

Guess we'll have to keep of fingers crossed!

Modified by TURBO PAUL at 10:00 AM 3-6-2009

paulsemhon@yahoo.com

Vehicles
      2002 VW GTI 1.8T, 2003 Audi A4 3.0Q, 2009 VW CC Sport, 2011 JSW TDi
      03-06-2009 09:41 AM #8
      Quote, originally posted by grandbay »

Says the sport should too and mine doesnt although it has and option in the MDF.

Vehicles
      2000 Jetta, 2000.5 4motion Passat, 08 Passat, 09 Passat, 09 CC VR6 4 motion, 09 Tiguan, 09 Touareg
      03-06-2009 06:19 PM #9

I thought I was the only one with the footwell and door entry lights missing feature, it is not present on any CC, although it says on the book and website specs that is a standard feature on all CCs. Maybe this weekend I'll do it, just need to run a wire from the dome lights to the footwell lights (parts need to be ordered, will supply part numbers later), which will be triggered when opening doors. Will post pics when done.
      Anyone with this issue, just forget it as a feature, I know because I just spoke with a regional tec., error in literature.

10. 03-06-2009 06:32 PM #10
      Hello Turbo Paul and thanks for being here.

I just took delivery of a 09 CC Luxury Package and Nav.

I too just noticed there is no footwell light feature on this car. So all of you who think you are the only one, think again. I don't have it either. Is this a factory programming error?

Also, I am rather confused about something. From all the literature on VW's website and in the dealership, I was under the impression that if I got the Navigation, it would come with a back-up camera. When I took delivery of the car, I asked the salesman where the camera was. He responded that this car didn't have a backup camera, even though it had Nav. He said some of the CC's have Nav without the camera, and some of them have it. Is this true? What is the deal with this? Do I have any recourse as all the literature says the Nav comes with the camera? He said to put a camera in was $1000.

Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks.

Vehicles
      03-06-2009 07:45 PM #11
      Quote, originally posted by camrnlendy »
      Hello Turbo Paul and thanks for being here.

I just took delivery of a 09 CC Luxury Package and Nav.

I too just noticed there is no footwell light feature on this car. So all of you who think you are the only one, think again. I don't have it either. Is this a factory programming error?

Also, I am rather confused about something. From all the literature on VW's website and in the dealership, I was under the impression that if I got the Navigation, it would come with a back-up camera. When I took delivery of the car, I asked the salesman where the camera was. He responded that this car didn't have a backup camera, even though it had Nav. He said some of the CC's have Nav without the camera, and some of them have it. Is this true? What is the deal with this? Do I have any recourse as all the literature says the Nav comes with the camera? He said to put a camera in was $1000.

Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks.

Thanks for the welcome!

I am going to have to do a little more research about the footwell lights, everything from VW indicates them. It will take a few days. As I said in my OP, I have been away from VW, so I am not fully up to speed on the CC. I am working on it.

As for the back up camera, that is a little easier. There are two technology packages, one with the back-up camera, and one without. Here's a copy of the options on the VW Order Guide for the 2009 CC:

As far as recourse, with VW you have no recourse because of the literature, they always have a disclaimer in all literature allowing change of specifications on the cars. The only legal document that VW has to comply with is the specs on your window sticker. If that says back-up camera, you get one, if not, you're SOL.

Now if the dealer makes promises as to the equipment on your car, that's different, you may have recourse with them, but you would likely have no case unless they put it in writing on your buyers order or something.

Sorry, but I hope this helps.

Modified by TURBO PAUL at 7:55 PM 3-6-2009

paulsemhon@yahoo.com

Vehicles
      13 CW G6
      03-06-2009 08:17 PM #12
      Paul - I'll see you early tomorrow morning

Vehicles
      03-06-2009 08:33 PM #13
      Paul - I'll see you early tomorrow morning

Sounds like a plan, see you then.

paulsemhon@yahoo.com

Vehicles
      askavwsalesguy.com
      03-06-2009 09:17 PM #14
      Early built CCs came without the camera. And therefore a lower sticker price

15. 03-06-2009 10:34 PM #15
      Thanks for the responses and for the details of the packages. I had a feeling this car was missing something because of the price I wound up paying for it. The $500+ difference makes sense now. It would have been nice to have the camera, but the dealer didn't promise it. In fact, apparently, I got the only LUX with NAV in my area in the color I wanted, so I can't be too picky!

Thanks again for the help!

16. Member
      Vehicles
      81 Rocco x 2, 87 Rocco, 98 Jetta TDI, 01 Eurovan, 05 TDI wagon, 06 GLI, 10 Jetta wolfie, 13 A4Q
      03-06-2009 11:19 PM #16

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

That's honestly the only reason I'm not driving one already...just that faint glimpse of hope that maybe, just maybe, 2010 sport models will have a sunroof. Hopefully we see the order guides soon...

Vehicles
      03-06-2009 11:22 PM #17
      Quote, originally posted by camrnlendy »
      Thanks for the responses and for the details of the packages. I had a feeling this car was missing something because of the price I wound up paying for it. The $500+ difference makes sense now. It would have been nice to have the camera, but the dealer didn't promise it. In fact, apparently, I got the only LUX with NAV in my area in the color I wanted, so I can't be too picky!

Thanks again for the help!

You're welcome. I agree, you got the Navi car in your color, most important part.

paulsemhon@yahoo.com

18. 03-07-2009 09:22 PM #18
      Turbo Paul:

I'll be interested in a Luxury 4cyl CC in the middle of May. Maybe you can help me find my car at a good price. Anyway, I was wondering if you have listened to the dynaudio upgrade and what was your opinion and difference over the stock radio? Also, can an aftermarket remote start be installed without voiding the warranty?

Thanks

19. Member
      Vehicles
      12 Jeep Rubicon, 09 CC (Traded in), 98 GTI VR6 MKIII.V, 01 Jetta PVW Featured, 00 GTI (RIP 4/01)
      03-07-2009 09:38 PM #19
      I would like some clarification regarding the Navigation option. A couple of weeks ago when I started looking at the CC for myself I went to Vw.com to build a car. I choose a base sport and if I remember the only options were navigation and bluetooth. Today when I went to the dealer the salesman said that it was never an option and now when I go back to the website its not there. Was it ever an option for the base sport?
      00 GTI (RIP 4/01)

Vehicles
      askavwsalesguy.com
      03-07-2009 11:06 PM #20
      Those were never an option for the Sport. I could have been a mistake in the part of the website people.

Vehicles
      03-09-2009 09:21 AM #21
      Quote, originally posted by traderfjp »
      Turbo Paul:

I'll be interested in a Luxury 4cyl CC in the middle of May. Maybe you can help me find my car at a good price. Anyway, I was wondering if you have listened to the dynaudio upgrade and what was your opinion and difference over the stock radio? Also, can an aftermarket remote start be installed without voiding the warranty?

Thanks

I can certainly help you find a car when you are ready, I just need the specs on what you are looking for. If you are looking for May, it's way to early now too start searching, the cars I find today would likely be sold in May.

The Dynaudio is a huge upgrade. The Premium system is very good, but Dynaudio is fantastic. Awesome sound. But of course, like everything else, is the cost worth it to you? Plenty of people have no need for the difference, they listen to books on tape, talk radio, etc, and the Dynaudio is then no big deal to them, and they should save their money.

An aftermarket remote start will not in itself void your warranty, but the issue is more the installer. VW's have a very integrated electrical system, and if the installation is not just right, or if the remote start product itself is not the correct style for the VW system, it can cause unending problems. Needless to say, this would not be VW fault, and of coure any resulting issues would not be covered by the warranty.

paulsemhon@yahoo.com

22. 03-09-2009 05:47 PM #22
      This is a great thread.. thanks for taking the time to answer our questions!

I just took delivery of an '09 CC Sport 6M and was told by my salesman that the side view mirrors would tilt down when I put the car in reverse to assist with parking. I have the option selected in the MFD but the mirrors do not move... any thoughts?

-Jon A

Vehicles
      03-09-2009 06:04 PM #23
      Quote, originally posted by Jon A. »
      This is a great thread.. thanks for taking the time to answer our questions!

I just took delivery of an '09 CC Sport 6M and was told by my salesman that the side view mirrors would tilt down when I put the car in reverse to assist with parking. I have the option selected in the MFD but the mirrors do not move... any thoughts?

-Jon A

First thought, do you have the mirror control in the 'R' position? It has to be in 'R' (not 'L' or 'O' or heat) for the mirror to drop down. This is usually the most overlooked one. Check this and let me know.

paulsemhon@yahoo.com

24. 03-10-2009 04:04 PM #24
      You were right, the mirror control has to be on R. I don't think the DS mirror moves but the PS one does and it does help when backing into a spot in my parking garage at work. Thanks.

-Jon A.

25. 03-10-2009 04:05 PM #25
      Quote, originally posted by TURBO PAUL »

First thought, do you have the mirror control in the 'R' position? It has to be in 'R' (not 'L' or 'O' or heat) for the mirror to drop down. This is usually the most overlooked one. Check this and let me know.

You were right, the mirror control has to be on R. I don't think the DS mirror moves but the PS one does and it does help when backing into a spot in my parking garage at work. Thanks.

-Jon A.

Vehicles
      03-10-2009 05:02 PM #26
      Quote, originally posted by Jon A. »

-Jon A.

Yes, the feature is the PS mirror only. It is especially helpful for parallel parking, as it gives you the visibility to see the curb and your right rear wheel, thus avoiding the dreaded curb-rub!

paulsemhon@yahoo.com

27. 03-11-2009 01:06 AM #27
      Seems no one has the footwell lighting. Does anyone know if they just didnt install the lighting or does it just need to have a setting changed? It's not listed on the window sticker so I have little hope of a recall. Has anyone contacted VW about this?

Thanks for all your help.

28. 03-11-2009 11:01 PM #28
      So when is the gold coast edition going to be available for purchase?

Vehicles
      askavwsalesguy.com
      03-12-2009 11:34 PM #29
      Quote, originally posted by vw_cc_fan »
      So when is the gold coast edition going to be available for purchase?

I dont think VW will build it. but you can buy elements form it

http://oempl.us/index.php?main...85_92

30. 03-13-2009 09:02 PM #30
      I was told by a salesperson that the 3.6 4 motion can be had with interlagos wheels, but the info in brochures and VW websites seems to indicate that they are only available on the 3.6 FWD. The five spoke wheels don't appeal to me. Which is true?

Vehicles
      03-13-2009 09:25 PM #31
      Quote, originally posted by RickVan »
      I was told by a salesperson that the 3.6 4 motion can be had with interlagos wheels

Wrong

Quote, originally posted by RickVan »
      I was told by a salesperson that the 3.6 4 motion can be had with interlagos wheels, but the info in brochures and VW websites seems to indicate that they are only available on the 3.6 FWD. The five spoke wheels don't appeal to me. Which is true?

Right

There are no factory or port installed wheel options for the CC. Sorry, I agree, the Interlagos is way better looking.

paulsemhon@yahoo.com

Vehicles
      askavwsalesguy.com
      03-13-2009 09:32 PM #32
      That however has never stopped me from doing a wheel swap

Vehicles
      03-13-2009 09:40 PM #33
      Quote, originally posted by iPinch »
      That however has never stopped me from doing a wheel swap

Yup, That's why I said factory or port installed options.....

paulsemhon@yahoo.com

34. 03-14-2009 10:44 AM #34
      Hey guys, this is a great thread!

I leased a CC Sport 6M a couple weeks ago and I'd like to add some accessories to it but my dealer has been no help so far.

I'd like to start with chrome exhaust tips and bluetooth. Parts guy says no tips available yet and retrofitting for bluetooth (mobile phone prep) is $1000+. I see tips for sale on eBay and I just read on this forum about Volk-L being a $199 port install but noone at the dealership mentioned this as an option. Are they just being lazy? Should these be available to order through VW now?

Also, know of any catback exhaust options that won't void warranty?

Modified by BassHz at 7:54 AM 3-14-2009

Vehicles
      03-14-2009 11:11 AM #35
      Quote, originally posted by BassHz »
      Hey guys, this is a great thread!

I leased a CC Sport 6M a couple weeks ago and I'd like to add some accessories to it but my dealer has been no help so far.

I'd like to start with chrome exhaust tips and bluetooth. Parts guy says no tips available yet and retrofitting for bluetooth (mobile phone prep) is $1000+. I see tips for sale on eBay and I just read on this forum about Volk-L being a $199 port install but no one at the dealership mentioned this as an option. Are they just being lazy? Should these be available to order through VW now?

Also, know of any catback exhaust options that won't void warranty?

Well, the Volk-L, GoVolk-L. com, is a $325 port installed option, not $199. Now, as an upgrade after the fact, we retail the kit at $340.73, and it is a total of $499 installed. There is also a port option for chrome exhaust tips for the VR6 CC, I don't know if they can fit the 2.0T.

I would suggest asking this question of Bud on his thread, Ask a VW Parts Guy......US Version. If there are exhaust options, Bud will know!

Good luck, I'm sure you'll get it worked out!

Modified by TURBO PAUL at 11:13 AM 3-14-2009

paulsemhon@yahoo.com

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast