Ok the axle is in, but not before:
1) putting in the K-bar
2) r/r the shifter bushings
3) looked at the exhaust clips and told myself that is something for another day
4) over torques one of the CV joint bolts and then busted it... the torque wrench rogue on me
5) took all the cv bolts out and starded over
6) almost burst a vain in fear that I busted that bolt flush with the axle cup.....
7) prayed for rapture
8) was able to walk the busted bolt by hand
9) re-torqued everything, including the axle nut Boooya!
10) placed car on ground, go to start it......
11) dead battery.......checked bad at auto store......