im going with they total it
      THE CBOX KREW
      There's always time for a GI Joe orgy

Vehicles
      04 .:R DBP
      02-01-2010 02:47 PM #1252
      That'll look purty nice!
      Quote, originally posted by dankvwguy »

ur rears are pulled it looks like, are you fronts a little too?

Yep they were all pulled to fit the bbs's, so that's why I am kind of skeptical to get a different set of wheels that will flow with the fenders like these do.
      IG @NOTSOWHITEBOY

Full MK4 partout : http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-wood-trim-etc

Vehicles
      2014 VW Jetta SportWagen 2.5L
      02-01-2010 02:48 PM #1253
      ^ Probably not. It will need a new hood, headlight, fender, and possibly a bumper. That's not going to equate 80% of it's current value at 100k miles.
      Scuba Steve
      Certified Audi Technician
      Steve White VW/Audi

Vehicles
      07 BMP GTI
      02-01-2010 02:52 PM #1254
      Quote, originally posted by Scuba2001 »
      ^ Probably not. It will need a new hood, headlight, fender, and possibly a bumper. That's not going to equate 80% of it's current value at 100k miles.

i kid i kid
      Quote, originally posted by TURBO-N-LO »
      That'll look purty nice!

Yep they were all pulled to fit the bbs's, so that's why I am kind of skeptical to get a different set of wheels that will flow with the fenders like these do.

17x8 and 17x9s would fit them perfectly haha. ill be happy once i have them on my car, like i said, ive had them for 3 years. even people in the mk3 forum bitch at me for not putting them on yet whenever i post pics of them
      THE CBOX KREW

5. 02-01-2010 03:05 PM #1255
      If the finish looked like these, I wouldn't mind

LOL @ Meghan in the pic. That was a fun show!
      If you want gloss black, stop right now, find a GOOD body shop and have them sprayed there. Mine were professionally shot and turned out great. Gloss black is the HARDEST color to lay with a can, it takes a TON of buffing and wet sanding to get a good finish.
      We have a guy that does some good work here at the dealer, he comes on Tuesdays. I will ask him what he would charge to paint them, and prep and paint them, so you can prep them if you'd like. I will just tell him they are mine so he will hook it up I think.
      The bolts you can get from BFI, or TunerShop. They aren't too expensive but it adds up. I got mine used on the Vortex and had to get even more hardware to make them fit as they were just Miro's and not real LM's.
      What are you gonna do with the lips? I HIGHLY recommend getting them chromed unless you like to clean and have strong wrists. Chrome cleans up in a fraction of the time that bare aluminum does, and if done correctly turns out better than polished. I can't remember the guys name but he was across the pond with a MkIV. Schmidts or something with chrome lips, I asked him about why and if he would do it again, he said he will NEVER run polished wheels again, chrome just wipes clean as long as it is done properly, and it will last FOREVER.

Vehicles
      Danger Ranger
      02-01-2010 03:16 PM #1256
      i know there are a few VR guys/gals in chucktown....a buddy of mine currently owns the original 1552 jetta coupe....with this current motor that he is thinking of selling for an r32 swap.....
      let me know if you are or know anyone interested....here is the description he gave me....
      email him for price...not sure what he wants...he posted something else in another thread....so im staying out of it!
      AFP 12v vr with 36# C2 software and injectors. Low compression. ARP head studs, 262 cams, o2J 5 speed trans with quaife, solid bar axles, autotech 14lb flywheel with stage 3 South bend clutch. aluminum crack pipe

p.s. - said coupe 1552 coupe

Modified by fouckhest at 3:39 PM 2-1-2010

Vehicles
      Mk4 .:R32
      02-01-2010 03:19 PM #1257
      well. for starters, she wrote my my 87 in a 60 as a speeding ticket, not reckless, so no felony charges, no loss of clearance.
      howevercomma;
      Master chief was not happy. in fact, he was very unhappy. unfairly unhappy.
      lately, theres been this one class that jus keeps ****ing up, to the point where firday night, he masted over half the class. well. hes quite pissed with the MM's in general, of which i happen to be one. so i come in with my ticket, you know, throw on the table, give him to ol' "wus poppin masta cheeef!" yea not really. but either way, he was pissed.
      he said hes sick and tired of all the MMs farking up, and hes had enough of it. so he put me on phase 1 til the end of A school and if i do anything else wrong, anything at all, i get to have a one way conversation with the captain.
      theres people in my class who have farked up time and time again. i do it ONCE. and im the one stuck on phase 1 while they get phase 3 this week.
      but on the same token.
      im hoping to use it to my advantage.
      hopefully the judge is sympathetic, especially once i say, "the navy's already punished me and is continueing to do so, yada yada yada. theyve restricted me to staying on base at all times except saturday and sunday, no driving whatsoever, increased manditory study hours yada yada yada. i deeply regret what ive done and have deffinately learned my lesson. their punishment has been more than sufficient.
      Quote Originally Posted by ROFLwagens.com
      wheels are more important then rent.

Vehicles
      07 BMP GTI
      02-01-2010 03:31 PM #1258
      Quote, originally posted by fouckhest »
      p.s. - said coupe 1552 coupe

not trying to bash the car as a whole in any ways because it really is an amazing car/piece of work and i know 1552 do good work having had them work on my car personally, but the R32 front end on that car DESTROYS it. it looks awesome as a car and a jetta coupe but the rounded front end just looks horrible. and massive compared to the rest of the car

it looks amazing in this picture

might just be me though
      id be interested in that motor

Modified by dankvwguy at 3:35 PM 2-1-2010
      THE CBOX KREW

Vehicles
      Danger Ranger
      02-01-2010 03:37 PM #1259

id be interested in that motor

to each their own on the look of the car....
      let me know if you are interested in the motor.....or you can PM Nate directly......let me know if i can help....apparently that thing haulz azz!

10. 02-01-2010 03:42 PM #1260
      So I just talked to the "wheel guy" he said $200 to spot prep and shoot them gloss black with clear. I haven't looked at their work but I should have the opportunity today as he is here fixing 4 wheels on a TL. The body guy comes tomorrow so maybe I can get him to under bid. If you want to do it, just let me know and I can grab the centers from ya and have him pick them up from the shop so he can shoot them.

Vehicles
      02-01-2010 03:44 PM #1261
      Quote, originally posted by Rogue Status »
      LOL @ Meghan in the pic. That was a fun show!
      If you want gloss black, stop right now, find a GOOD body shop and have them sprayed there. Mine were professionally shot and turned out great. Gloss black is the HARDEST color to lay with a can, it takes a TON of buffing and wet sanding to get a good finish.
      We have a guy that does some good work here at the dealer, he comes on Tuesdays. I will ask him what he would charge to paint them, and prep and paint them, so you can prep them if you'd like. I will just tell him they are mine so he will hook it up I think.
      The bolts you can get from BFI, or TunerShop. They aren't too expensive but it adds up. I got mine used on the Vortex and had to get even more hardware to make them fit as they were just Miro's and not real LM's.
      What are you gonna do with the lips? I HIGHLY recommend getting them chromed unless you like to clean and have strong wrists. Chrome cleans up in a fraction of the time that bare aluminum does, and if done correctly turns out better than polished. I can't remember the guys name but he was across the pond with a MkIV. Schmidts or something with chrome lips, I asked him about why and if he would do it again, he said he will NEVER run polished wheels again, chrome just wipes clean as long as it is done properly, and it will last FOREVER.

Yea, if you would ask him for me, that would be awesome! As for the lips, I was just going to try to polish the hell out of them, but if I can find someone to chrome for a fair price I might try that. It's just hard down here because we don't have all the hookups as we did up in md/va. lol I was thinking about going with black bolts or black spike bolts.
      IG @NOTSOWHITEBOY

Vehicles
      07 BMP GTI
      02-01-2010 03:45 PM #1262
      Quote, originally posted by fouckhest »
      let me know if you are interested in the motor.....or you can PM Nate directly......let me know if i can help....apparently that thing haulz azz!

im sure it does. he ever see how much it made? im interested to see how the S/C did
      THE CBOX KREW

Vehicles
      02-01-2010 03:46 PM #1263
      So I just talked to the "wheel guy" he said $200 to spot prep and shoot them gloss black with clear. I haven't looked at their work but I should have the opportunity today as he is here fixing 4 wheels on a TL. The body guy comes tomorrow so maybe I can get him to under bid. If you want to do it, just let me know and I can grab the centers from ya and have him pick them up from the shop so he can shoot them.

Nice, so should I continue to sand or just give them to you like they are. One wheel has the face sanded, while the others I haven't touched.
      IG @NOTSOWHITEBOY

Vehicles
      07 BMP GTI
      02-01-2010 03:48 PM #1264

i may be PMing you about him shortly. I would love to get the moda's centers painted. they've never been removed so im interested to see how they come off.
      THE CBOX KREW

Vehicles
      Danger Ranger
      02-01-2010 03:49 PM #1265
      im sure it does. he ever see how much it made? im interested to see how the S/C did

i just shot him a PM....feel free to do the same he is on here....

Vehicles
      07 BMP GTI
      02-01-2010 03:54 PM #1266
      will do. i think the most ive seen from a SC VR was like 340whp or something and the supercharger sounded like a turbo it was whistling so loud. the only thing louder then it was the fuel pump
      THE CBOX KREW

Vehicles
      Danger Ranger
      02-01-2010 03:57 PM #1267
      will do. i think the most ive seen from a SC VR was like 340whp or something and the supercharger sounded like a turbo it was whistling so loud. the only thing louder then it was the fuel pump

he said 400ish @ crank....it is a large large charger though....i know that much....it is a loud biotch too!

Vehicles
      07 BMP GTI
      02-01-2010 04:00 PM #1268
      NICE! man, is it already in pieces or still running???? i just wanna feel the powerband on that thing. if he's got any dyno plots i want to see them
      ill probably just PM him myself.
      THE CBOX KREW

Vehicles
      Danger Ranger
      02-01-2010 04:21 PM #1269
      NICE! man, is it already in pieces or still running???? i just wanna feel the powerband on that thing. if he's got any dyno plots i want to see them
      ill probably just PM him myself.

it is in his car....he drives it to work everyday....
      yeah shoot him a PM...he is on here quite regularly [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

20. 02-01-2010 04:44 PM #1270
      Nice, so should I continue to sand or just give them to you like they are. One wheel has the face sanded, while the others I haven't touched.

I would give the aircraft stripper a try, it is pretty cheap and it won't score the underlying metal like sanding will. For chrome, Cory Sterling can get stuff plated, but I think he is expensive. Try http://www.calchrome.com/ for plating, they are in Cali but shipping can't be that bad. There is also WCC Wheel Collision Center, they might have decent prices. You can also google some local plating places or even call a custom bike shop and ask about where they get stuff chromed. I am sure American Biker could point you in the direction of a plater.
      One thing that might look KILLER would be black chrome bolts. Cal Chrome does black chrome and it looks great. If I kept the GTI I was going to have the Rota's plated in the black chrome to look more like Works. The black chrome is sweet, and I HATE chrome on silver.

Modified by Rogue Status at 1:48 PM 2-1-2010

Vehicles
      Danger Ranger
      02-01-2010 04:57 PM #1271
      The black chrome is sweet, and I HATE chrome on silver.

on of the best platers in the U.S. is up in Nashville, called Advance Plating....when i worked for American LaFrance in Charleston i restored a 1928 Firetruck and had them do all the Nickel plating....it was amazing what they did with some of those 80yr old parts!!!!

p.s. - Jason, thinking about picking up a AZG 2.0L to throw under then AEB head i was handed this winter....might actually end up with a decent little engine for my car! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      04 DBP R32
      02-01-2010 06:57 PM #1272
      I agree and disagree.
      The 1552, was a amazing deal breaker. Friend destroyer. EPIC TRAGEDY. That some how still turned out amazing. For what its worth. That car has some great 'vw historic' value. I think the new owner needs to be hand selected. The type of person who will make it a garage queen, and only take her out for 'SHOW' type deals.
      But hey mike hit it on the nail.
      I'm just saying, I'd hate to see someone destroy that car.
      Second note,
      Rodney, He's making an example of you. You just happen to catch him on a bad day. More than most likely he found out his wife is leaving him that day. Kind of thing. Also, for your advantage. They can't take you to mast until you've done something 3 times. If they write you up for it, and give you a punishment like they have - suspension of phase(liberty) then try to take you to mast. .. It would be an unfair trial. Since you've already received a punishment for 'bad behavior'. In which case, I would JAG up (its free-) and take a Jag officer with you to your Masting.
      And if you think MM's are bad now... BwAHAHAH just wait for the fleet. Not only do we 'frak' everything up ashore, but onboard too. MM's aren't good for anything except 'fraking' 'stuff' up. If you know what I mean. . .
      Oh the snipe living gotta love it.

Modified by breane24 at 7:04 PM 2-1-2010
      1999 Jetta VR6 - Totaled.
      1991 Gti VR6 - Sold/ Totaled.
      2006 Jetta 2.0t - Totaled.
      2004 R32 3.2- Purchased 10/31/2009 with 99k, currently 196,800!

Vehicles
      02-01-2010 07:30 PM #1273
      I would give the aircraft stripper a try, it is pretty cheap and it won't score the underlying metal like sanding will. For chrome, Cory Sterling can get stuff plated, but I think he is expensive. Try http://www.calchrome.com/ for plating, they are in Cali but shipping can't be that bad. There is also WCC Wheel Collision Center, they might have decent prices. You can also google some local plating places or even call a custom bike shop and ask about where they get stuff chromed. I am sure American Biker could point you in the direction of a plater.
      One thing that might look KILLER would be black chrome bolts. Cal Chrome does black chrome and it looks great. If I kept the GTI I was going to have the Rota's plated in the black chrome to look more like Works. The black chrome is sweet, and I HATE chrome on silver.

Yea I'll try that stuff and then leave them be. My wife doesn't want me spending a sh!t ton on the wheels so I have to be a little thrifty. But I am pretty much sold on giving the centers to you to have them painted. I have to scrape all the glue and crap off of the edges beforehand though.
      IG @NOTSOWHITEBOY

24. 02-01-2010 07:54 PM #1274
      Yea I'll try that stuff and then leave them be. My wife doesn't want me spending a sh!t ton on the wheels so I have to be a little thrifty. But I am pretty much sold on giving the centers to you to have them painted. I have to scrape all the glue and crap off of the edges beforehand though.

No worries, getting a good polish on stuff is TONS easier with a bench grinder and some buff wheels. Harbor freight has wheels, and I have plenty of rouge you can have as I don't plan on polishing anything in the near future. If you haven't used rouge I can show you what to do. That would be cheap and easy.
      When you get the stripper use the paint on stuff it is much better than the aerosol kind. It is MESSY and pretty nasty stuff so keep the little on inside and use some gloves and a paint mask. After that you can shoot a coat of primer on them and touch up the bad spots then a final coat of primer and I can have the paint or wheel guy finish them off.

Vehicles
      02-02-2010 07:51 AM #1275
      No worries, getting a good polish on stuff is TONS easier with a bench grinder and some buff wheels. Harbor freight has wheels, and I have plenty of rouge you can have as I don't plan on polishing anything in the near future. If you haven't used rouge I can show you what to do. That would be cheap and easy.
      When you get the stripper use the paint on stuff it is much better than the aerosol kind. It is MESSY and pretty nasty stuff so keep the little on inside and use some gloves and a paint mask. After that you can shoot a coat of primer on them and touch up the bad spots then a final coat of primer and I can have the paint or wheel guy finish them off.

OK awesome! I'll go get that paint on stuff today and try it out.
      IG @NOTSOWHITEBOY

Page 51 of 183 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast