Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 265 of 385 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast
    Results 6,601 to 6,625 of 9612

Thread: Official Joliet Dubbers Thread

04-17-2012 01:55 AM #6601
      Quote Originally Posted by Cmethvin View Post
      Isn't that considered a win on the service dept side?
      On top of that, why in the good lord does he have a V10 TDI??? Does he tow brick houses on a regular basis or something? That's just an insane ammt of power right there (I'm jelous)!

Sent using my nose on a Jitterbug!

310hp 553ft lbs tq at 2000rpm lol more torque than a 7.3L-powered Ford F-550

the 08 v10 tdi's were 80k when they came out

14.5quarts on oil changes.

26gallon tank

15mpg
      Quote Originally Posted by Adler v. Relynet
      THE COURT: Knighton was that strange guy; right?

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8T / 99 Golf / 95 Jetta / 87 Jetta Coupe / 75 Super Beetle / 93 Audi 90 / 81 Datsun 280ZX
      04-17-2012 02:42 AM #6602
      I really want to see what can be done with the TDI V10 or V12.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/11...di-trophy.html

Twin turbo W12.. 1500AWHP.

Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clarkson View Post
      I assume you were doing that as some act of charity? Like taking retards to the zoo.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      99 VW Cabrio MK3, '12 Nissan Rogue (Wifey's)
      04-17-2012 03:09 AM #6603
      Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
      310hp 553ft lbs tq at 2000rpm lol more torque than a 7.3L-powered Ford F-550

the 08 v10 tdi's were 80k when they came out

14.5quarts on oil changes.

26gallon tank

15mpg
      Like I said... Jelous! That's just insane... I think you can use them as porters along the canal for the barges.

Vehicles
      09' VW CC 2.0T/80' XS1100 rolling project
      04-17-2012 06:54 AM #6604
      Quote Originally Posted by asadjewonxmas View Post
      Rebuilt them floats were sticking and gaskets were leaking. Was lean backed pilot screws out another 1/2 turn 2.5 total. Tried to sync only pulling 5lbs of vac should be 18-20. Didn't check valves prior more in-depth work I didn't feel up to doing. Plugs OK when I lasted checked. Finally got to idle at 1100 but this should fix most of my issues.
      I know on my bike when the brass floats get replaced with new plastic ones the set height changes slightly. Sounds like your idle is back to normal? Did the VAC come back to spec? I know what you mean about not wanting to do the extra work. I got my valve cover gasket and carb kits in the mail yesterday and they made it as far as the work bench. Spent a couple hours shopping for bike paint and lawn chemicals to kill this damn chickweed that took over this year. Just think you will get to complain about silly things like that soon. Maybe after work today I'll feel more energetic.
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

5. Member
      Vehicles
      04-17-2012 03:19 PM #6605
      http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/2913503483.html

I emailed the guy, he said that the passat has a main bearing noise... wants to part it out (didn't ask him how much he wanted for the whole thing). Anyone know how hard that is to repair? If he sells it cheap, wouldn't be to bad to fix up (just a thought).

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8T / 99 Golf / 95 Jetta / 87 Jetta Coupe / 75 Super Beetle / 93 Audi 90 / 81 Datsun 280ZX
      04-17-2012 03:58 PM #6606
      http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/2913503483.html

I emailed the guy, he said that the passat has a main bearing noise... wants to part it out (didn't ask him how much he wanted for the whole thing). Anyone know how hard that is to repair? If he sells it cheap, wouldn't be to bad to fix up (just a thought).
      Theres one thing you have to consider, does this guy even know what hes talking about? I'd bet its rod bearings and not main bearings, but if thats ALL that needs to be replaced, i'd say go for it if the price is right. the problem if its more than that, ( Say a rod is junk ) then you have to pull the motor apart, or pull trans and crank.
      Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

I assume you were doing that as some act of charity? Like taking retards to the zoo.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      04-17-2012 04:20 PM #6607
      Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
      Theres one thing you have to consider, does this guy even know what hes talking about? I'd bet its rod bearings and not main bearings, but if thats ALL that needs to be replaced, i'd say go for it if the price is right. the problem if its more than that, ( Say a rod is junk ) then you have to pull the motor apart, or pull trans and crank.
      That's what I was thinking too... I'm basically just looking around, thinking of the future when we have another kid. There's always something around the corner, I was just looking to get opinions on it, and let people know it's out there.

Vehicles
      04-17-2012 04:27 PM #6608
      That's what I was thinking too... I'm basically just looking around, thinking of the future when we have another kid. There's always something around the corner, I was just looking to get opinions on it, and let people know it's out there.
      Good stuff, I guess it comes down to how much he wants for it. If the price is right i'd do it.
      Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

9. Member
      Vehicles
      04-17-2012 08:29 PM #6609
      Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
      Good stuff, I guess it comes down to how much he wants for it. If the price is right i'd do it.
      Main bearing noise upon acceleration... could be sludge (thank god for my neighbor). Gonna email him about the cam's, cuz if they're shot, it's not worth it (that's what he said anyway).

10. Member
      Vehicles
      04-17-2012 11:42 PM #6610
      /sigh the things we do for our significant others... I think I'm gonna have to swap my beautiful standard tranny dot an auto for a couple weeks in July (taking wives SUV to Canada to move outta the family farm, and she dont drive stick)...

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 gti 1.8t / 84 rx7sbc
      04-18-2012 08:50 AM #6611
      Whoever posted that pic of the vette on the last page might have bolstered my rat rod ideas for the mazda. I'm Thinking chrome rear bumper from an older chevy, side pipes, and modding the flip up bug eyes to only open halfway and fit 2 aftermarket fogs in each bucket for headlights. I'm leaving the interior stripped except the dash and center console(to retain window and mirror controls). Instead of carpet, I'm just going to undercoat the interior floor and hatch. If anyone knows someone who wants 1st gen rx7 interior parts(brown) get at me.
      Other than maintaining the gti, I think all of my car cash is going towards making the rex a weekend cruise car that will anger and amaze at the same time. Setting the budget @3k. Aaaand go!

Vehicles
      2012 CSG Golf R (His), 2012 PG Beetle (Hers)
      04-18-2012 10:27 AM #6612
      lol. That was me Aaron. I saw that thing again this morning! Spotted him on 80 just east of the Minooka exit heading east. Thing looks awesome.
      - Jon

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 gti 1.8t / 84 rx7sbc
      04-18-2012 11:23 AM #6613
      Quote Originally Posted by leftygibsonplyr View Post
      lol. That was me Aaron. I saw that thing again this morning! Spotted him on 80 just east of the Minooka exit heading east. Thing looks awesome.
      I dunno why its so appealing to me... maybe because I wouldn't hafta worry about rock chips and being sandblasted all the time. I'm toying with the idea of using flat black 3m dinoc to cover the whole car so I'll never hafta worry about paint issues... those fat dirty tires make that thing look so tough...
      Grrr... I am usually all about the details, but something about a beast that simple is just awesome to me.

Vehicles
      2013 VW CC, 1992 Kawasaki Ninja 600R
      04-18-2012 03:50 PM #6614
      Quiet in here today.

house stuff is moving along. bank has all papers and is going through the process of finalizing everything to make sure nothign is missing and all details are were they need to be. they are sending there inspector/appraiser to make sure it meets fha standards and to value the property. Our home inspection is tomorrow.

Steve any news on the att stuff? also any way i can get a new phone for dirt cheap. my screen is done. I know if is show it to att they will say abuse and turn me away. It was already broke with a minor crack but got angry and overly stressed out with work and personal **** the other night and the phone to the grunt of it. luckly i can still call and use it but its horribly shattered.
      Need repair work in the suburbs Contact: J'S REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE
      Plainfield, IL VAG-COM EQUIPPED 815-556-0027 http://www.jrpshop.com/

Need detailing or United Motorsport Flashing in the Chicago area Contact: Luis (nkgneto)
      http://www.AutomobileDaySpa.com https://www.facebook.com/AutomobileDaySpa

Vehicles
      04-18-2012 04:02 PM #6615
      I'm still trying to work out a deal to sell these stupid wheels. Had a decent offer for a guy somewhat local that i want to do, but i dont think he has the cash to fix the one lip/is skeptical or something..idk. Looking less and less likely that he is going to be buying them. Had another offer, but they need to be shipped...not a huge deal i guess...i'd just rather sell them locally with cash instead of paypal.
      - Jon

Vehicles
      04-18-2012 04:07 PM #6616
      i wouldnt ship unless they are willing to pay for that and extra insurance. if it gets bent,chipped, ect they will be pissed. think in person sale is best imo. paypal is fine even for in person. shipping would be my only concern.

Need detailing or United Motorsport Flashing in the Chicago area Contact: Luis (nkgneto)

Vehicles
      04-18-2012 04:26 PM #6617
      Quote Originally Posted by asadjewonxmas View Post
      i wouldnt ship unless they are willing to pay for that and extra insurance. if it gets bent,chipped, ect they will be pissed. think in person sale is best imo. paypal is fine even for in person. shipping would be my only concern.
      I worked the shipping into the price. It was still going to be a wayyyy better deal than this guy was going to give me locally...i just really want them gone so i can buy some tires for the Aristos. Shipping will be like 150-200$ depending on the total weight and where they are going to. The added insurance isn't that much.
      - Jon

Vehicles
      09' VW CC 2.0T/80' XS1100 rolling project
      04-19-2012 05:03 AM #6618
      Quote Originally Posted by leftygibsonplyr View Post
      I'm still trying to work out a deal to sell these stupid wheels. Had a decent offer for a guy somewhat local that i want to do, but i dont think he has the cash to fix the one lip/is skeptical or something..idk. Looking less and less likely that he is going to be buying them. Had another offer, but they need to be shipped...not a huge deal i guess...i'd just rather sell them locally with cash instead of paypal.
      If you do have to ship the wheels check out Speedy Delivery. They are not a big company but ended up being the cheapest for shipping my wheels to ND. Plus pick-up was free as well. Just a lil FYI I think my (5) Audi RS4 wheels shipped for $100.
      Last edited by new2me; 04-19-2012 at 05:06 AM.
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

Vehicles
      04-19-2012 10:29 AM #6619
      Quote Originally Posted by new2me View Post
      If you do have to ship the wheels check out Speedy Delivery. They are not a big company but ended up being the cheapest for shipping my wheels to ND. Plus pick-up was free as well. Just a lil FYI I think my (5) Audi RS4 wheels shipped for $100.
      nice. sounds like a pretty solid deal.
      - Jon

Vehicles
      04-19-2012 11:48 PM #6620
      Anyone have details on wiring code in Joliet. Rolmex, bx, conduit what's required or allowable. We have no gfci outlets and everthing is 2 prong outlets and we need to upgrade to 3 prong. And upgrade wiring to proper Copernicus coated wire. Garage need a whole new pannel and complete rewire.

Vehicles
      04-20-2012 12:07 AM #6621
      Isnt it grandfathered in because the house is so old?...
      - Jon

Vehicles
      04-20-2012 12:09 AM #6622
      Yes but some has to change to just be safe do to being Mister wired like the whole garage. The two prong outlest just are a pain since almost every modern day item we have is 3 prong

04-20-2012 12:28 AM #6623
      if your getting an fha loan ur gonna get hammered. my house had everything re done to a pretty penny before hand so it was all good. gfi's in the kitchen and bathroom and around water have to be so many inches from the sinks etc...

all new construction has to have metal conduit thats what i ran in my basement. its a pain in the ass. not sure on the grandfather rules

i couldn't find any particular codes on joliets website and looking through the city codes pdf's online etc... just general stuff
      Quote Originally Posted by Adler v. Relynet
      THE COURT: Knighton was that strange guy; right?

Vehicles
      04-20-2012 10:38 AM #6624
      I called this morning to verify. fha stuff has to be fixed anything else is up to code. to swtich to 3 prong outlets i can make me service loops inthe basement in the conduit and then use rolmex up to the recepticals on the 1st floor. gunna take some planning but shouldnt be horrible but basically i dont have to worry about opening walls to put in conduit. New construction like your basemnt or open exposed walls do want that. since i am working with existing struture i can use this method. made sure it was legal with the building dept of joliet.

Vehicles
      04-20-2012 02:15 PM #6625
      Jason looking for some electrical info and since you have just done it i would assume youll probably know. trying to see if you know the max 3 of 12 or 14ga wires you can run in either 1/2 or 3/4" emt also for a 15a circuit how many recepticals can you have i believe its 8-9. i know 20a is more for gfci or dedicated like bathroom or kitchen appliances. been while since ive done electrical and that was in a house wiring class in hs and that was also at cook county code.

Page 265 of 385 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast