Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 270 of 384 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast
    Results 6,726 to 6,750 of 9590

    Thread: Official Joliet Dubbers Thread

    1. Member leftygibsonplyr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 15th, 2006
      Location
      Plainfield, IL
      Posts
      9,033
      Vehicles
      2012 CSG Golf R (His), 2012 PG Beetle (Hers)
      05-18-2012 12:30 PM #6726
      ah, friday.
      - Jon

    2. Member jpr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2010
      Location
      Illinois where the S is silent.
      Posts
      3,626
      05-18-2012 12:34 PM #6727
      Quote Originally Posted by Adler v. Relynet
      THE COURT: Knighton was that strange guy; right?

    3. Member asadjewonxmas's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 24th, 2007
      Location
      Oak Forest, Illinois
      Posts
      3,822
      Vehicles
      2013 VW CC, 1992 Kawasaki Ninja 600R
      05-18-2012 02:28 PM #6728
      what else do you have left to do still? werent you gunna try and have it done by memorial weekend?
      Need repair work in the suburbs Contact: J'S REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE
      Plainfield, IL VAG-COM EQUIPPED 815-556-0027 http://www.jrpshop.com/

      Need detailing or United Motorsport Flashing in the Chicago area Contact: Luis (nkgneto)
      http://www.AutomobileDaySpa.com https://www.facebook.com/AutomobileDaySpa

    4. Member jpr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2010
      Location
      Illinois where the S is silent.
      Posts
      3,626
      05-18-2012 02:43 PM #6729
      finish mud and tape

      paint

      drop ceiling

      trim

      floor

      bathroom - install sink, toilet, drywall, mud, tape, lights

      carpet in tv room
      Quote Originally Posted by Adler v. Relynet
      THE COURT: Knighton was that strange guy; right?

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 24th, 2007
      Location
      Dekalb/Aurora, IL
      Posts
      1,286
      Vehicles
      01/audi/tt roadster 225 AND 88 RX7
      05-19-2012 12:33 AM #6730
      Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
      finish mud and tape

      paint

      drop ceiling

      trim

      floor

      bathroom - install sink, toilet, drywall, mud, tape, lights

      carpet in tv room
      Looking good my man! Maybe we can barter when we move into the new building ;-)
      J'S REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE
      PLAINFIELD, IL
      VAG-COM EQUIPPED-815-556-0027
      01E/01X TRANSMISSION REBUILDER- CALL FOR UN-MATCHED PRICE!!!

    6. Member jpr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2010
      Location
      Illinois where the S is silent.
      Posts
      3,626
      05-19-2012 12:45 AM #6731
      Quote Originally Posted by 225TTRoadster View Post
      Looking good my man! Maybe we can barter when we move into the new building ;-)
      ya whens that gonna be, im gonna come get some hot dogs this time lol
      Quote Originally Posted by Adler v. Relynet
      THE COURT: Knighton was that strange guy; right?

    7. Member BSD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 8th, 2008
      Location
      Fort Campbell, KY
      Posts
      3,167
      Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8T / 99 Golf / 95 Jetta / 87 Jetta Coupe / 75 Super Beetle / 93 Audi 90 / 81 Datsun 280ZX
      05-19-2012 03:26 PM #6732
      Entered hospital at 7pm on thursday, Born at 10 this morning!
      7lbs 5oz - 20in long!

      Mackenzie May Rodriguez



      This was a mod in progress
      Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clarkson View Post
      I assume you were doing that as some act of charity? Like taking retards to the zoo.

    8. Member leftygibsonplyr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 15th, 2006
      Location
      Plainfield, IL
      Posts
      9,033
      Vehicles
      2012 CSG Golf R (His), 2012 PG Beetle (Hers)
      05-19-2012 03:37 PM #6733
      lol. damn steve. Congrats. Was going to say i haven't seen you around here in a while, but now i know why..you'll have your hands full for a while. lol.
      - Jon

    9. Member BSD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 8th, 2008
      Location
      Fort Campbell, KY
      Posts
      3,167
      Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8T / 99 Golf / 95 Jetta / 87 Jetta Coupe / 75 Super Beetle / 93 Audi 90 / 81 Datsun 280ZX
      05-19-2012 03:42 PM #6734
      Quote Originally Posted by leftygibsonplyr View Post
      lol. damn steve. Congrats. Was going to say i haven't seen you around here in a while, but now i know why..you'll have your hands full for a while. lol.
      Lol, its been pretty crazy thats for sure! I picked up another job too. Helping an older german fella sell off all his aircooled and watercooled stuff. If ANYONE needs any aircooled or MK1-MK2 parts lmk. He has over 100 beetle/bug motors, bunch of tdi/gasser stuff, porsche stuff, even an Original rotary motor from NSA. I am going to make a thread of the stuff. I am also picking up a MK1 Jetta coupe from him. This finally gives me a chance to use my plethora of 8v parts and dual webers!
      Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clarkson View Post
      I assume you were doing that as some act of charity? Like taking retards to the zoo.

    10. Member jpr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2010
      Location
      Illinois where the S is silent.
      Posts
      3,626
      05-19-2012 05:32 PM #6735
      you talkin about rich out in leland ? i heard he was getting out of the business.

      anything good i might be interested in? pre 64 stuff or a split window bus

      rich has been a friend of our club for years




      oh ya, congrats wow !
      Last edited by jpr; 05-19-2012 at 05:35 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Adler v. Relynet
      THE COURT: Knighton was that strange guy; right?

    11. Member BSD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 8th, 2008
      Location
      Fort Campbell, KY
      Posts
      3,167
      Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8T / 99 Golf / 95 Jetta / 87 Jetta Coupe / 75 Super Beetle / 93 Audi 90 / 81 Datsun 280ZX
      05-19-2012 07:10 PM #6736
      Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
      you talkin about rich out in leland ? i heard he was getting out of the business.

      anything good i might be interested in? pre 64 stuff or a split window bus

      rich has been a friend of our club for years




      oh ya, congrats wow !
      His name is Hans, lives out in Momence by me.

      Heres a vehicle run down off the top of my head.

      2 Porsche 944's.
      1 Diesel Rabbit
      2 Rabbit pickups, one has pretty bad rust damage though.
      2 Dune buggy frames with everything but engine.
      1 Fiat 500
      1 VW Thing
      1 1951 Pop out turn signal thingy bug. ( lol )
      3-5 VW bugs pre 1970
      3-5 Vanagons, 1960-80
      3-4 Diesel Mercs
      2 MK2 golfs
      1-2 MK2 Jettas
      1 MK1 jetta

      Other than the cars, he has a bazillion parts. Anywhere from corvair swaps to rotaries to carb setups and blah blah. Mostly OEM stuff, but he has a toooooon of rare stuff left. At one point he literally had 300 cars on his property, but he was forced to get rid of them all.

      Thanks by the way!
      Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clarkson View Post
      I assume you were doing that as some act of charity? Like taking retards to the zoo.

    12. Member jpr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2010
      Location
      Illinois where the S is silent.
      Posts
      3,626
      05-19-2012 07:14 PM #6737
      i think i know who that is.

      1 1951 Pop out turn signal thingy bug. ( lol )

      thats a split window bug with semaphores

      how much


      and whats the tailgates look like on those caddys
      Quote Originally Posted by Adler v. Relynet
      THE COURT: Knighton was that strange guy; right?

    13. Member BSD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 8th, 2008
      Location
      Fort Campbell, KY
      Posts
      3,167
      Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8T / 99 Golf / 95 Jetta / 87 Jetta Coupe / 75 Super Beetle / 93 Audi 90 / 81 Datsun 280ZX
      05-19-2012 07:49 PM #6738
      Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
      i think i know who that is.

      1 1951 Pop out turn signal thingy bug. ( lol )

      thats a split window bug with semaphores

      how much


      and whats the tailgates look like on those caddys
      I know hes not gonna let the bug go for nothing, since they fetch alot, but I will work with him on it. We are gonna discuss pricing after we organize some stuff, alot of stuff we will be sandblasting/rust proofing as well. The green/tan leather caddy is being sold whole, the other one I cannot remember what the tailgate looks like. I will get back to you and take a ton of pictures.
      Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clarkson View Post
      I assume you were doing that as some act of charity? Like taking retards to the zoo.

    14. Member jpr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2010
      Location
      Illinois where the S is silent.
      Posts
      3,626
      05-19-2012 08:29 PM #6739
      yes pictures are good

      and pretty interested on the 51 bug
      Quote Originally Posted by Adler v. Relynet
      THE COURT: Knighton was that strange guy; right?

    15. Member BSD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 8th, 2008
      Location
      Fort Campbell, KY
      Posts
      3,167
      Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8T / 99 Golf / 95 Jetta / 87 Jetta Coupe / 75 Super Beetle / 93 Audi 90 / 81 Datsun 280ZX
      05-19-2012 11:58 PM #6740
      Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
      yes pictures are good

      and pretty interested on the 51 bug
      I will do my best bud.
      Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clarkson View Post
      I assume you were doing that as some act of charity? Like taking retards to the zoo.

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 3rd, 2011
      Location
      Joliet, iL
      Posts
      264
      Vehicles
      99 VW Cabrio MK3, '12 Nissan Rogue (Wifey's)
      05-20-2012 01:19 AM #6741
      Wouldn't mind running out there. Friend wants a bus, and I need to snag that fuel pump from ya. BUT, you just became a daddy, so take your time w/ everything.

      Sent using my chin on My CyanoPad

    17. Member new2me's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 28th, 2012
      Location
      Morris, IL.
      Posts
      513
      Vehicles
      09' VW CC 2.0T/80' XS1100 rolling project
      05-20-2012 09:44 AM #6742
      Congrats on the new addition to the family Steve!

      I been thinking about trying to get a floor pan off a bug thats in good shape. The pan in my T-bucket, bucket is not too good and Speedway only seems to sell fiberglass. Since I got a steel bucket I want to stay steel. If you have any CHEAP ideas for a pan I would deff. like to hear them.
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

    18. Member jpr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2010
      Location
      Illinois where the S is silent.
      Posts
      3,626
      05-20-2012 12:20 PM #6743
      they sell new pans everywhere

      even half pans
      Quote Originally Posted by Adler v. Relynet
      THE COURT: Knighton was that strange guy; right?

    19. Member BSD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 8th, 2008
      Location
      Fort Campbell, KY
      Posts
      3,167
      Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8T / 99 Golf / 95 Jetta / 87 Jetta Coupe / 75 Super Beetle / 93 Audi 90 / 81 Datsun 280ZX
      05-20-2012 01:51 PM #6744
      Quote Originally Posted by Cmethvin View Post
      Wouldn't mind running out there. Friend wants a bus, and I need to snag that fuel pump from ya. BUT, you just became a daddy, so take your time w/ everything.

      Sent using my chin on My CyanoPad
      Thanks! Yuri is gonna go to her moms one day this week and i'll be out at Hans place.

      Quote Originally Posted by new2me
      Congrats on the new addition to the family Steve!

      I been thinking about trying to get a floor pan off a bug thats in good shape. The pan in my T-bucket, bucket is not too good and Speedway only seems to sell fiberglass. Since I got a steel bucket I want to stay steel. If you have any CHEAP ideas for a pan I would deff. like to hear them.
      Thank you! Why not just make your own pan? Be like the rat rod guys and used a road sign for a pan.
      Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clarkson View Post
      I assume you were doing that as some act of charity? Like taking retards to the zoo.

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 3rd, 2011
      Location
      Joliet, iL
      Posts
      264
      Vehicles
      99 VW Cabrio MK3, '12 Nissan Rogue (Wifey's)
      05-20-2012 07:01 PM #6745
      Lemmie know when ur going back to Hans's, wanna check some of that out.

      On another note, "new" addition to my house:


      It's my Mothers, so I'm gonna make it run (hasn't ran in almost 10 years!) for her and my wife, since it's auto and all that. Wish me luck!

      Sent using my nose on a Jitterbug!

    21. Member new2me's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 28th, 2012
      Location
      Morris, IL.
      Posts
      513
      Vehicles
      09' VW CC 2.0T/80' XS1100 rolling project
      05-20-2012 09:19 PM #6746
      Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
      they sell new pans everywhere

      even half pans
      I didn't have luck finding a steel pan for the 27' T-bucket for a good price. If I had the tools I'd just make my own but I'm not buying a bead roller to sit in my garage for years untouched after the project.
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

    22. Member jpr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2010
      Location
      Illinois where the S is silent.
      Posts
      3,626
      05-21-2012 02:23 AM #6747
      lol true.


      i went to hooters show today, lots of nice stuff there, lots of meh corvettes. i swear every tom dick and jerry around here has a freaking corvette wtf.

      super stretched new camaro limousine flat blacked out of awesomeness

      then i went to a buddies and finally put carpet back in my bug after over a year of not having any.





      Quote Originally Posted by Adler v. Relynet
      THE COURT: Knighton was that strange guy; right?

    23. Member BSD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 8th, 2008
      Location
      Fort Campbell, KY
      Posts
      3,167
      Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8T / 99 Golf / 95 Jetta / 87 Jetta Coupe / 75 Super Beetle / 93 Audi 90 / 81 Datsun 280ZX
      05-21-2012 06:52 PM #6748
      Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
      lol true.


      i went to hooters show today, lots of nice stuff there, lots of meh corvettes. i swear every tom dick and jerry around here has a freaking corvette wtf.

      super stretched new camaro limousine flat blacked out of awesomeness

      then i went to a buddies and finally put carpet back in my bug after over a year of not having any.






      Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clarkson View Post
      I assume you were doing that as some act of charity? Like taking retards to the zoo.

    24. Member stupakjim's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 17th, 2005
      Location
      Illinois
      Posts
      684
      Vehicles
      06 jetta 2.5
      05-21-2012 10:05 PM #6749
      Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
      Lol, its been pretty crazy thats for sure! I picked up another job too. Helping an older german fella sell off all his aircooled and watercooled stuff. If ANYONE needs any aircooled or MK1-MK2 parts lmk. He has over 100 beetle/bug motors, bunch of tdi/gasser stuff, porsche stuff, even an Original rotary motor from NSA. I am going to make a thread of the stuff. I am also picking up a MK1 Jetta coupe from him. This finally gives me a chance to use my plethora of 8v parts and dual webers!
      I ran into Hans a couple winters ago, out between Essex and Custer Park, I think he owns a farm out there too, Hoff View Farms or something like that. It had snowed the day before, I was kinda lost, then an 18 wheeler pulled up and in a heavy german accent, "How much you want for that hunk of steel?" Never forget that, I was driving my mk5 jetta through huge snow drifts, trying to get to a friends house. He told me he was the first VW mechanic in the area and still had a shop in Momence, I still have his phone number.
      ALWAYS Mention VwVortex FOR OUR DISCOUNTS!!!Need a Quality Mechanic? J's REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE, PLAINFIELD, IL VAG-COM EQUIPPED-815-556-0027 01E/01X TRANSMISSION REBUILDER BEST price for OEM VW parts- ERIC @ autobarn vw (mt prospect, IL_they ship) 866-308-0049 Need paint work? Collision Revision Plainfield, il talk with Tony Combs 815-439-7401

    25. Member asadjewonxmas's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 24th, 2007
      Location
      Oak Forest, Illinois
      Posts
      3,822
      Vehicles
      2013 VW CC, 1992 Kawasaki Ninja 600R
      05-22-2012 09:48 AM #6750
      Steve congrats. Be prepared to be busy with the baby and have only minimal time for car/hobby stuff.

      Jason Bug looks good with carpet.

      Im still waiting for a buddy to come look over the bike he told me hopefully some time this week so we will see as i want to start riding again.
      Need repair work in the suburbs Contact: J'S REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE
      Plainfield, IL VAG-COM EQUIPPED 815-556-0027 http://www.jrpshop.com/

      Need detailing or United Motorsport Flashing in the Chicago area Contact: Luis (nkgneto)
      http://www.AutomobileDaySpa.com https://www.facebook.com/AutomobileDaySpa

    Page 270 of 384 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •