Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 188 of 271 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238 ... LastLast
    Results 6,546 to 6,580 of 9453

Thread: Official Joliet Dubbers Thread

1. Member
      Vehicles
      99 VW Cabrio MK3, '12 Nissan Rogue (Wifey's)
      04-12-2012 12:11 AM #6546
      Quote Originally Posted by asadjewonxmas View Post
      thanks guy thats exactly what i needed. i remember he was extremly knowledgeable and check everything under the sun
      Good deal
      Fyi, am an exterminator, so when we inspected my house, I was pointing out stuff that in my field, would, down the line, cause issues. So I fixed them right away, since they were easy remedies.

Sent using my nose on a Jitterbug!

Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4 TQM (mine), 2008 Mazda CX-7 (Hers), 1992 Kawasaki Ninja 600R (Toy)
      04-12-2012 09:24 AM #6547
      Killed my phone last night cant get past the samsung boot logo if anyone knows how to fix it let me know. i have tried odin, hemidall, kies no luck was trying to flash different roms and it all got screwed. screen is cracked so i think even if i go to att and say wtf it wont load there gunna tell me its cuz on me cuz the screen is broke and thats abuse. i need a working phone asap.
      Need repair work in the suburbs Contact: J'S REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE
      Plainfield, IL VAG-COM EQUIPPED 815-556-0027 http://www.jrpshop.com/

Need detailing or United Motorsport Flashing in the Chicago area Contact: Luis (nkgneto)
      http://www.AutomobileDaySpa.com https://www.facebook.com/AutomobileDaySpa

04-12-2012 10:42 AM #6548
      I might sell my htc hd7 windows phone on tmobile for 100 if ur interested

i want a new nokia lumia 900
      Quote Originally Posted by Adler v. Relynet
      THE COURT: Knighton was that strange guy; right?

Vehicles
      04-12-2012 12:06 PM #6549
      need an att phone. but i got mine fixed my usb cable is trash used a coworkers and was able to restore. only downside is im back to factory so no i have to start over and re root and flash

Need detailing or United Motorsport Flashing in the Chicago area Contact: Luis (nkgneto)

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8T / 95 Jetta / 87 Jetta Coupe / 75 Super Beetle / 93 Audi 90 / 81 Datsun 280ZX
      04-12-2012 02:31 PM #6550
      need an att phone. but i got mine fixed my usb cable is trash used a coworkers and was able to restore. only downside is im back to factory so no i have to start over and re root and flash
      What phone do you have? If you were close i'd swap out your cord/battery for free.

Even though I am not supposed to do it, I use ODIN to restore customers phones. Do you know the trick to get into download mode on a bricked phone?
      Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clarkson View Post
      I assume you were doing that as some act of charity? Like taking retards to the zoo.

Vehicles
      04-12-2012 02:42 PM #6551
      steve i have an infuse. its back and running sorta. screwed up and got it to odin to froyo and then i updated to gingerbread on keis mini. but now i cant root being on 2.3.6 i just wanna get back and run cm7 since cm9 is too messed up to work. and im getting market errors saying could not download due to and error 921.

but i can call, txt, and browse the web

04-12-2012 02:50 PM #6552
      question is, what car do i put em on lol

Vehicles
      2012 CSG Golf R
      04-12-2012 03:20 PM #6553
      the bug. no brainer brah.
      - Jon

04-12-2012 03:34 PM #6554
      Lol I think they'd look better on the rabbit the bug already has badass radars 15s

I dont think they make 5x205 to 5x130 adapters.

They DO make 4x100 to 5x130s tho

Haven't bought em yet.

They would look badass on the big tho some of the nicest bugs I've seen are rockin em

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8T / 95 Jetta / 87 Jetta Coupe / 75 Super Beetle / 93 Audi 90 / 81 Datsun 280ZX
      04-12-2012 03:36 PM #6555
      steve i have an infuse. its back and running sorta. screwed up and got it to odin to froyo and then i updated to gingerbread on keis mini. but now i cant root being on 2.3.6 i just wanna get back and run cm7 since cm9 is too messed up to work. and im getting market errors saying could not download due to and error 921.

but i can call, txt, and browse the web
      Ahhhh, infuse!

Why don't you go back to stock with ODIN, then flash a stock kernel with Clockwork recovery? Then flash to a newer ROM? I tried a version of CM9 called Codename Android, was pretty awesome, but I really missed touchwiz. Ended up going to Perception 10.4 which is an old Froyo rom. I like the new GB and ICS roms, but they just use too much RAM and resources, don't get me wrong, I had my phone clocked to 1.7Ghz, but that doesn't fix the resource issue. ( I am using a Captivate, only 380MB of RAM. )
      Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

I assume you were doing that as some act of charity? Like taking retards to the zoo.

Vehicles
      2012 CSG Golf R
      04-12-2012 03:37 PM #6556
      Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
      Lol I think they'd look better on the rabbit the bug already has badass radars 15s

I dont think they make 5x205 to 5x130 adapters.

They DO make 4x100 to 5x130s tho

Haven't bought em yet.

They would look badass on the big tho some of the nicest bugs I've seen are rockin em
      i wouldn't see why they couldn't do 5x205 to 5x130 man..adapers are usually custom made anyway...DO IT.
      - Jon

Vehicles
      04-12-2012 04:17 PM #6557
      thats probably what i need to do steve but i think my cable is jacked might try when i get home tonight but i used a coworkers to get it back up and running i was just a tard and updated with kies after. i should have rooted but forgot. i worked out most of the issues but may just leave it stock till a solid ics releases which should be soon.

Vehicles
      04-12-2012 05:29 PM #6558
      thats probably what i need to do steve but i think my cable is jacked might try when i get home tonight but i used a coworkers to get it back up and running i was just a tard and updated with kies after. i should have rooted but forgot. i worked out most of the issues but may just leave it stock till a solid ics releases which should be soon.
      USB cables can be tricky, especially when they get worn out. ( Micro usb cables wear out pretty quickly, the new ones are a little better )

As far as ICS goes, we are unfortunately probably never getting an update. Here is the list...

LG Nitro
      Motorola ATRIX 2
      Motorola ATRIX 4G
      Pantech Burst
      Pantech Element
      Samsung Captivate Glide
      Samsung Galaxy Note
      Samsung Galaxy S II
      Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
      Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9

I'm sure someone will compile a ROM from the new official update though.
      Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

14. Member
      Vehicles
      04-12-2012 05:32 PM #6559
      Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
      I really missed touchwiz.

Seriously?? That's such a large layover. I've used zeam, which is pretty good, low resource hog. But since I'm on CleanGB myself, and it comes w/ ADW, I just stuck with that. It's alot easier to customize.
      I got CM9 on my TouchPad, works pretty good, just kinda sucks no mic or camera, but who wants to look @ my fat ass siting on the couch anyway :p
      Steve, that's pretty cool of u Odin for customers. Wish sprint woulda done that, but then again, they'd find a way to screw it up somehow!

15. Member
      Vehicles
      04-12-2012 06:00 PM #6560
      Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
      USB cables can be tricky, especially when they get worn out. ( Micro usb cables wear out pretty quickly, the new ones are a little better )

As far as ICS goes, we are unfortunately probably never getting an update. Here is the list...

LG Nitro
      Motorola ATRIX 2
      Motorola ATRIX 4G
      Pantech Burst
      Pantech Element
      Samsung Captivate Glide
      Samsung Galaxy Note
      Samsung Galaxy S II
      Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
      Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9

I'm sure someone will compile a ROM from the new official update though.
      Ya, that kinda sucks. Course, I got the Epic 4g myself, and, if rootwiki is right, they have a semi stable cm9 (ICS) in the works now, so least I can get that going, and keep my older phone for a bit longer!

Vehicles
      04-12-2012 06:31 PM #6561
      Quote Originally Posted by Cmethvin View Post
      Ya, that kinda sucks. Course, I got the Epic 4g myself, and, if rootwiki is right, they have a semi stable cm9 (ICS) in the works now, so least I can get that going, and keep my older phone for a bit longer!
      I <3 Touchwiz! Very easy to use/effective interface. I gaurantee I can text/call someone faster than a CM user can.

I like CM, don't get me wrong, but give me ONE CM ROM that doesn't have a Single issue. Everyone I know who went to CM has had little quirks and issues. Codename Android was pretty awesome, but it lacked shortcuts and some gestures, as well as its lower data speed and random working gps. ( Codename Android is CM9 )

BTW, I love the Ericcson Arc launcher!
      Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

Vehicles
      04-12-2012 08:28 PM #6562
      Ya I was trying and unofficial beta for ics cm9 had a messed up GPS and no camera but that's been fixed Yunnan wait for a solid release and a time when I can be without a phone if I mess it up. Then ill try and Odin to a rooted Tom and flash from there.m

Vehicles
      04-12-2012 08:45 PM #6563
      Ya I was trying and unofficial beta for ics cm9 had a messed up GPS and no camera but that's been fixed Yunnan wait for a solid release and a time when I can be without a phone if I mess it up. Then ill try and Odin to a rooted Tom and flash from there.m
      Yeah, i'm on the fence with what ROM i'd like to try next. I really wish they never stopped Perception.
      Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

19. Member
      Vehicles
      04-13-2012 07:12 AM #6564
      Outta curiosity, anyone here goin to C2E2? Wife, son and I r going sat.

Vehicles
      2012 CSG Golf R
      04-13-2012 02:47 PM #6565
      spotted this bada$$ motherf*cker at lunch today. i've seen it cruising around Minooka before. Dont think i ever got a shot of it though. Looks awesome. love it.

- Jon

04-13-2012 02:58 PM #6566
      haha wow i could swear ive seen that vette before, the plates are very familiar

except ive seen it in the ****ty blue color like the front of the fender. guy in his 50's was driving it and when i saw it i thought man that is a rat rod, it was all one color but very faded and rough and i thought almost of like a mad max style.

04-13-2012 03:05 PM #6567
      didn't work on the basement yesterday or today, only did a small amount of work on the trim pieces for the pocket door to see how its gonna come together. i have a 27" x 8' sheet going up next with one hole for a light i have to cut in it and make sure its cut absolutely perfect and ill have to build some braces out of 2x4 to help support it up on the soffit when i screw it in.

been bored otherwise, looking for something to buy lol, being annoyed at the rabbit just sitting, i need to get it roll able some how so i can get it to jay's shop and fixed so i can sell it

if anybody wants to make a couple bucks and build me something to set the front of the rabbit on so i can move it let me know

Vehicles
      04-13-2012 05:19 PM #6568
      txt me when you free if im around ill come help you try and fab something up.

04-13-2012 07:16 PM #6569
      well i dont have much if hardly anything at all to fab anything up with. im suppose to have a guy i know give me some casters that will work but he didn't come by this week im gonna get ahold of him to see where hes at on those. I have 2x4's but wed have to get bolts and everything else for whatever design that was to be built

Vehicles
      09' VW CC 2.0T/80' XS1100 rolling project
      04-13-2012 09:29 PM #6570
      well i dont have much if hardly anything at all to fab anything up with. im suppose to have a guy i know give me some casters that will work but he didn't come by this week im gonna get ahold of him to see where hes at on those. I have 2x4's but wed have to get bolts and everything else for whatever design that was to be built
      Here ya go.
      http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece...ies-67511.html
      http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...de=cii_5784816
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

04-13-2012 09:48 PM #6571
      well ya those would be good if i could put the wheels on but i have no front suspension, no hubs no shocks etc...

Vehicles
      04-13-2012 10:14 PM #6572
      well ya those would be good if i could put the wheels on but i have no front suspension, no hubs no shocks etc...
      Oh. I suppose you could use 2 floor jacks on each jack point. I've had to move cars that way before. It kinda sucks.
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

04-13-2012 11:37 PM #6573
      car needs to get onto and off a trailer

Vehicles
      04-14-2012 06:59 AM #6574
      car needs to get onto and off a trailer
      That makes sense now! I thought you were just trying to move in around the garage. You are going to need to bolt a piece of angle iron to the rear sub-frame with casters or maybe a 4x4 with the same? ALL I have laying around are some tractor wheels I grabbed for the go kart but the hubs to small. If you can use them they are yours but not sure how to mount them.
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

Vehicles
      04-14-2012 12:17 PM #6575
      did some work on the bike the other night. got the pilot screws backed out another 1/2 turn and was able to get the idle down to about 1100 where it should be. defiantly isn't running as lean anymore has way more top end pull. still needs choke to start gunna attempt tonight if i get time to hook up the gauges and try to make sure they are in sync. then ill just continue to diagnose from there.

House has officially changed to a sale pending status online. home inspection will be on Thursday afternoon. the appraiser from the bank will also be out some time this week. paperwork will soon be off to the lawyer and the bank and then will should be good to go barring there are no major issues found.

Found an old listing from last year that has interior pics so if anyone wants to see the house here is the link.
      http://www.urbanrealestate.com/prope...H2KRO5SYA.html

starting listed price in july 2011 was almost 115k so i think i got a good deal.

04-14-2012 12:37 PM #6576
      ok im trying not to wish i woulda paid 70k for a house like that instead of 150k for mine because i would have had another 75-80k to put INTO it. thats a pretty good starter home. has tons of potential to do a lot of cool things and its good just the way it is. the garage looks bigger than it looks if that makes sense, with that back part looks like a shop. back of the house needs a deck off the wooden stairs. looks like some midcentury modern stuff in the living room, that stuff is EXPENSIVE now. HUGE utility sink in the basement thats cool, i only have one tub. you got central air, thats a huge plus, i dont even have that. i can't see if there was a water line in the pics if the basement gets water.

biggest thing i can see is you better budget a few grand for taxes cuz they wont stay 750.

Vehicles
      04-14-2012 02:12 PM #6577
      Had a chance to dig into the VR6 Jetta. Looks like it blew up a timing chain tensioner. I could change the cam timing by hand, hehehe.

Other than that, someone decided to use stop leak in the radiator instead of fixing a split hose.. Good thing my friend has a hot tank!
      Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

04-14-2012 02:16 PM #6578
      fix that vr6 up then lets put it in my rabby

Vehicles
      2012 CSG Golf R
      04-14-2012 05:00 PM #6579
      because racecar:

- Jon

Vehicles
      04-14-2012 06:57 PM #6580
      fix that vr6 up then lets put it in my rabby
      Maybe!

I even have an awd setup for it. I was gonna go AWD VR6. ( For jetta coupe )

Just gonna hot tank her, put in new chains and bearings/gasket.
      Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

Page 188 of 271 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238 ... LastLast