Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 195 of 269 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245 ... LastLast
    Results 6,791 to 6,825 of 9394

Thread: Official Joliet Dubbers Thread

05-30-2012 05:04 PM #6791
      Now shes wanting to go take a look at this

http://www.vworland.com/VehicleDetai...-IL/1718680813

im not impressed with the tiguans

she doesn't know it but what we really need is a good truck that gets good gas mileage.

Because one of our biggest stipulations is getting through the snow in the winter, i don't have anything anymore that is winter able.

plus a truck will be able to pull a car trailer or a boat or some jet ski's or a camper etc...
      Quote Originally Posted by Adler v. Relynet
      THE COURT: Knighton was that strange guy; right?

Vehicles
      2012 CSG Golf R
      05-30-2012 05:20 PM #6792
      I'm pretty sure the tig would get you around in the winter. 4 motion should serv you fine plus it's an small suv so it's high enough off the ground...and gets better gas mileage than most any truck probably. Not to add, you could probably tow small stuff (most everything you already have) with thing..i wouldn't think it would have a problem with a small(ish) boat either.

but..

i also agree, nothing about that vehicle really impresses me..the interior and wheels are kinda bland..just not much "fun" or "cool" about it other than 4 motion and 2.0T...
      Last edited by leftygibsonplyr; 05-30-2012 at 05:22 PM.
      - Jon

05-30-2012 05:41 PM #6793
      drove one around today, pretty peppy, felt weak tho.

it had the whole pano roof, half of it slid back, that was really cool, even the sun shade was powered.

its too much of a girls car tho, im a treg guy lol and im still trying to find a good deal on one but the gas will kill us.

we need to be making more money because this vehicle will be meagans but both of us are paying for it. I have a hard time thinking about being broke for something im not using all the time or most of the time, if she had the money to pay for it herself then ya id let her buy it in a second. is that how this should work? lol

I need to sell my entire collection and start over, with her an SUV and me a big truck.

Were also planning on getting a dog soon, a doberman, so we need room to take it and its kennel on our 300mile trip to southern illinois when we go down there all the time.

Vehicles
      2012 CSG Golf R
      05-30-2012 05:44 PM #6794
      well..sounds like you know what you gotta/need to do. get it done jason. lol. I wouldn't want to pay for that tig either. Cars are expensive and that thing is no exception..and like you said, i definitely wouldn't want to be paying into something i wasn't using...you guys aren't married though, right?...i definitely wouldn't be interested in doing that at all if you aren't married/have kids. I think its different if she had to cart around your kids or something...but ya. you get my point.
      - Jon

05-30-2012 05:46 PM #6795
      were not married yet, i just havn't bought a ring yet lol, but its pretty much inevitable. we act like we are, everybody thinks we are. Well prolly be working on a kid within the next year or so too.

Vehicles
      2012 CSG Golf R
      05-30-2012 05:47 PM #6796
      Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
      were not married yet, i just havn't bought a ring yet lol, but its pretty much inevitable. we act like we are, everybody thinks we are. Well prolly be working on a kid within the next year or so too.
      werd. well, maybe i'm selfish, but i still wouldn't want to do that...maybe if you were planning to have kids my mind might be swayed to help or just pay for the thing..but otherwise...ya. lol.
      - Jon

Vehicles
      09' VW CC 2.0T/80' XS1100 rolling project
      05-30-2012 09:22 PM #6797
      The reason I was looking at the tigs was to haul trailers or random stuff like you. It seemed smarter than buying a truck on top of a new daily driver. But the mileage on the tig just wasn't good enough for my 50 mile round trips to work.
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4 TQM (mine), 2008 Mazda CX-7 (Hers), 1992 Kawasaki Ninja 600R (Toy)
      05-31-2012 12:37 AM #6798
      Jason if you buy from orland let me know. we know a guy who used to be in sales and now i believe is the sales/finance manager his name is Sebastian if you find him tell him you are friends of Joe and Aja. Between the family cars and a family member that works for Portillos we got them a ton of sales probably over 20 cars so they know us well and don't mess around when we come in.

Personal recommendation is that the tig is too small it hardly has more room than our mkv jetta which is besides cost is why we ruled it out. Also i have a friend who has an 04 teg v6. personally it eats gas and is a mess. its a huge vehicle and imo really unneeded for most. i could see one with a v10 or something if you really need to tow something heavy. When we went to Orlando we got to rent a 2012 Ford Edge (note that till recently i have given up on anything american) This thing was great. Rode great smooth like a car but with plenty of power had a 6 speed auto and a 3.7 with 285hp im sure it would tow most things. it had enough room with the rear seats down that aja and i took a nap on the floor. put a couple hundred miles on it and it averaged 23mpg on 87 octane. and i was on the highway doing about 80 the whole time beating the hell out of it. so i would imagine higher mpg would be obtainable. we had the SEL model wasnt even the top of the line. Check one out i know new they arent cheap but a used model might be affordable i would recomend the 2nd gen with the new facelift. our was only 2wd but they come in awd and with a 3.9 motor but mpg goes to **** so ive read.

I havent driven much else that would compare to it. my dads new body style Santa Fe isnt horrible but i can say the edge would blow it out of the water.
      Need repair work in the suburbs Contact: J'S REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE
      Plainfield, IL VAG-COM EQUIPPED 815-556-0027 http://www.jrpshop.com/

Need detailing or United Motorsport Flashing in the Chicago area Contact: Luis (nkgneto)
      http://www.AutomobileDaySpa.com https://www.facebook.com/AutomobileDaySpa

05-31-2012 12:59 AM #6799
      nice. for some reason the edge's don't do it for me, the design is too plain plus the new ones msrp starts at 27,525

I just noticed the new 2013 escapes are totally redesigned and start at 22k, they look very interesting.

I REALLY like the new ford explorers, but they start at 28k same price as the TDI passat and just go up from there.

I really like the new Fiesta's and the Focus' I could get like TWO of them LOL, i don't like the fusion, and the taurus cost too much.

don't like the chevy sonic, the cruze, or the malibu, the equinox sucks, everything else is just wayy to expensive.

not even gonna look at dodge

honda sucks

she was looking at the santa fe's, theyre not bad really you get a lot for your money with hyundai, im a big fan of the hyundai sonatas

bottom line forester isn't bad, 20-23k

Vehicles
      05-31-2012 06:53 AM #6800
      These are a lot of cars I was looking at originally. The Edge was nice looking but when I seen the price tag it pissed me off. The focus was in my sights for a while but the fusion was getting better reviews, the fiesta was just lacking the power. Chevy has nothing for me. Mazda 3 & 6 seemed interesting but the 3 was a little small and the 6 was a little expensive. I liked the Altima coupe but they are kind of rare for the price I wanted to spend. Plus its one of the only cars I know of that charges you MORE to get a manual trans. (didn't care for the CVT)

Then I came back home to the VAG family. 2.5l Jetta was nice but I hated the clutch and I'm not a hatch back person so golf wasn't an option. The Tig was sweet inside the trim I had but it was out of $ range so I ended up in a used CC. In the end I decided I wanted the ride comfort and the 2.0T.

I was shopping for a cheap ($15k range) with good mpg so I could afford an ultralight this year. But I need a tow vehicle to transport it around anyhow and would also need to build an addition to some storage building at the house so this year is out of the question.
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

11. 05-31-2012 10:21 AM #6801

4th Annual Scooter's GTG is less than 2 weeks away! Come join us June 9th just north of Milwaukee Wi for this huge gathering of VW/Audi/BMW/European car enthusiasts. Free to show, Free camping, Free beer, Free shirts and goodie bags to the first 175 cars. Show starts @3pm and goes through the night into Sunday morning. Check out our website for more info http://www.scootersgtg.webs.com or our thread in the events section http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...h-Milwaukee-Wi

Hope to see you there!
      6th Annual Scooter's GTG European Car Show
      Saturday June 7th 2014 Milwaukee, WI
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...h-Milwaukee-WI
      www.scootersgtg.webs.com

Vehicles
      2012 CSG Golf R
      05-31-2012 11:16 AM #6802
      Venza would be sick. i love the way those look. I like the Edge too. I've had those for rentals before..I like them. Minus the looks of the Fusion, i liked that one too (i've had a lot of rental cars in the last few years from traveling for work). I dont like the new Escape asthectially..but whatever. What about a diesel Excurision? lol. I know they don't make them anymore though...so you'd have to buy a used one...i dont even know the last year they made those things. lol. Those are boss as f*ck though. The guy/limo-car service we use at work, the guy that owns it had a diesel excursion. Thing was awesome. Had over 500k miles on it when he got rid of it and still sold it for a bit over $10k.
      - Jon

Vehicles
      05-31-2012 12:20 PM #6803
      Diesel excursion would be sick but the cost of fuel would make me sick. I cringe ever time I borrow my gf dads gasser excursion because it cost me $3.69 everytime I start the thing. My neighbors kid put a Cummings bus engine in his 2500 or 3500 and that thing was a beast.

Eventually id like a diesel truck to haul stuff but they are hard to find cheap.

If my girl didn't buy the tdi jetta I was hoping she would get the genesis. Same as the tiburon but rwd with a 2.0t. Never actually drove one though so I don't know if hyundai ever improved their transmissions. I not impressed with the 06' she had at all.
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

Vehicles
      05-31-2012 12:35 PM #6804
      Im tempted to try and make it out to the garage tonight to try and look over some more of the bike. Think im gunna make one more attempt to recheck the valves and make sure everything is at the correct spec and possible start checking the electrical. (battery and coils) then ill need to see if i need to replace any of that along with some new plugs. I dont wanna pull the carbs again but i might just to get them bench sync'd closer together. Its been parked for about a month now and i really wanna ride. Ive found some helpful threads online so ive got a better idea on whato to check with good pictures and descriptions hopefully this time i wont be just taking a stab in the dark.

Need detailing or United Motorsport Flashing in the Chicago area Contact: Luis (nkgneto)

05-31-2012 01:03 PM #6805
      Drove a tdi jetta this morning, they just got one in. its 25k and some change, no sunroof, and the regular radio, with leather heated seats, dark gray color. I actually liked it, its a far cry from the previous generation jettas. But for around 25 I would actually rather have the really nice black tiguan with the pano roof for 27.

i would own a diesel excursion in a heartbeat if it wouldn't cost me over 100 bux a week in gas in it.

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8T / 95 Jetta / 87 Jetta Coupe / 75 Super Beetle / 93 Audi 90 / 81 Datsun 280ZX
      05-31-2012 01:22 PM #6806
      Quote Originally Posted by new2me View Post
      Diesel excursion would be sick but the cost of fuel would make me sick. I cringe ever time I borrow my gf dads gasser excursion because it cost me $3.69 everytime I start the thing. My neighbors kid put a Cummings bus engine in his 2500 or 3500 and that thing was a beast.

Eventually id like a diesel truck to haul stuff but they are hard to find cheap.

If my girl didn't buy the tdi jetta I was hoping she would get the genesis. Same as the tiburon but rwd with a 2.0t. Never actually drove one though so I don't know if hyundai ever improved their transmissions. I not impressed with the 06' she had at all.
      Their transmissions are still junk.
      Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clarkson View Post
      I assume you were doing that as some act of charity? Like taking retards to the zoo.

05-31-2012 01:42 PM #6807
      ive seen countless threads for the best new or slightly used vehicle 25k can buy.

well what is it?

also im not sure why i havn't looked at subaru foresters more
      Last edited by jpr; 05-31-2012 at 01:44 PM.

05-31-2012 01:48 PM #6808
      dare i mention a kia soul?

05-31-2012 01:51 PM #6809
      no lol

Vehicles
      05-31-2012 01:58 PM #6810
      Kia sorento is nice. I have a good connection at rizza ford in orland if you find a ford/kia product you like. Lee is the sales guy. older guy smokes a pipe we again have bought many cars from him he knows us and thers no bs the price is the price no back and forth messing around.

Vehicles
      05-31-2012 03:48 PM #6811
      ive seen countless threads for the best new or slightly used vehicle 25k can buy.

well what is it?

'cause their ugly!

The certified used Nissan's come with better warranty than brand new. Just a FYI. If you want the jetta I'd go in tonight 30min before they close and a few print outs of the car you want.

The best car is really just an opinion because they all have faults. That fancy touch screen radio Keiko paid for in her tdi has issues freezing and operating iPod's. Just another FYI
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

05-31-2012 05:28 PM #6812
      Quote Originally Posted by new2me View Post
      [/B]

'cause their ugly!

The certified used Nissan's come with better warranty than brand new. Just a FYI. If you want the jetta I'd go in tonight 30min before they close and a few print outs of the car you want.

The best car is really just an opinion because they all have faults. That fancy touch screen radio Keiko paid for in her tdi has issues freezing and operating iPod's. Just another FYI
      lol I like the Foresters. They would be amazing in the snow too.

I like how the VW's radios are legit double din radios. I can install a $500 flip out dvd player in an hour with no problems.

Meagan is going up to the autobarn tomorrow. They got some crazy deals going on up there

http://www.autobarnvwev.com/VehicleD...-IL/1748392143

http://www.autobarnvwev.com/VehicleD...-IL/1763471623

http://www.autobarnvwev.com/VehicleD...-IL/1761858993

http://www.autobarnvwev.com/VehicleD...-IL/1761859003

Vehicles
      05-31-2012 06:04 PM #6813
      Those are some nice cars! I really wanted the 2 tone interior but it was hard to find. After driving both the DSG and Tip (what I have now) I much rather the tip trans. Around town the DSG shift style annoyed me with its short shifting and lag in response to down shift. However in manual mode it was great, much nicer than my Tip. However if I wanted to control my gear box I'd have just bought another manual. Also 2009 was the last year Tip was offered. Now its 6 spd or DSG.

Another car I was looking at was the Jetta Autobahn because it had the 2.0T.

I guess for you its a matter of what you need out the car. Good luck tomorrow!

My criteria was it needed to get 30+ mpg highway, under $25k, under 20k miles and have more than 150 HP. I preferred no sunroof or premium sound as I also could install a better system if needed and cheaper.

I considered the Imprezas but Subaru's are not to easy to work on which was a deal breaker. Same for Volvo. Plus I dont like the sound of the word Volllvooo
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

05-31-2012 06:20 PM #6814
      im not going, im taking the bug down to funfest at midamerica motorworks in effingham all weekend.

i told her to go look at it and look at the cc's too. they told her they sell around 200 cars a week tho so we might have to think fast because whatever we look at probably wont be there the next week.

05-31-2012 08:27 PM #6815

05-31-2012 08:31 PM #6816
      Wolfsburg edition Tig

oh you better believe i like this.

http://www.autobarnvwev.com/VehicleD...-IL/1725898303

damn i should really go up there tomorrow but im going out of town for the weekend, DANG

Vehicles
      05-31-2012 08:35 PM #6817
      That sounds OK, but not as fun as working all weekend! Yay!

Those CC'c with less than 10k miles seem like good deals. I bought mine $21k out the door with 18,300 miles. $1200 +/- of that was an extended warranty I paid for.

edit: I just seen your white tigs. Those look nice. Not sure why I like the white VW's so much but I do.
      Last edited by new2me; 05-31-2012 at 08:38 PM.
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

Vehicles
      05-31-2012 08:41 PM #6818
      One thing I found with the Autobahn dealers is they charge you to "certify" the car which is basically a 2 yr warranty for the price of a 4 yr. extended warranty. I found VW's to not be worth the "certified" price.
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

05-31-2012 09:01 PM #6819

Vehicles
      2012 CSG Golf R
      05-31-2012 10:21 PM #6820
      you need that A4. Please buy it.
      - Jon

05-31-2012 10:28 PM #6821
      ya i told her to look at it damn i wish i was going up there tomorrow

05-31-2012 11:11 PM #6822
      dear god I need an A4.

Vehicles
      06-01-2012 06:41 AM #6823
      That A4 is (.)(.)

I wish I could have found one like that. Does Audi give you a 30,000 mile maintenance package like the VW's?
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

Vehicles
      06 jetta 2.5
      06-01-2012 05:43 PM #6824
      Just a heads up, 61 year old guy at my work has a 2010 jetta tdi, 100k miles, has maintenance records, getting ready for timiing belt and all the other jazz, had one injector go bad, replaced all 4. text me if you are interested, its black with black inter. Looks garage kept, all highway miles.

Shoot me a text, 815 712 7078, i wont be back to work till mon, he is looking to sell in sept when the plant closes, but i bet he would sell now.
      ALWAYS Mention VwVortex FOR OUR DISCOUNTS!!!Need a Quality Mechanic? J's REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE, PLAINFIELD, IL VAG-COM EQUIPPED-815-556-0027 01E/01X TRANSMISSION REBUILDER BEST price for OEM VW parts- ERIC @ autobarn vw (mt prospect, IL_they ship) 866-308-0049 Need paint work? Collision Revision Plainfield, il talk with Tony Combs 815-439-7401

35. Member
      Vehicles
      01/audi/tt roadster 225 AND 88 RX7
      06-03-2012 12:01 AM #6825

well what is it?

The new Outbacks look sharp too. Big 3.6R engine. Wonder what their mpg looks like. I know my 3.0 is bad lol....
      J'S REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE
      PLAINFIELD, IL
      VAG-COM EQUIPPED-815-556-0027
      01E/01X TRANSMISSION REBUILDER- CALL FOR UN-MATCHED PRICE!!!

Page 195 of 269 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245 ... LastLast