Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 272 of 385 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast
    Results 6,776 to 6,800 of 9603

Thread: Official Joliet Dubbers Thread

Vehicles
      2012 CSG Golf R (His), 2012 PG Beetle (Hers)
      05-29-2012 10:55 AM #6776
      I had my front lip done at that Collision Revision and dealt with Tony. Overall, a pretty good experience there.
      - Jon

05-29-2012 11:15 AM #6777
      One of the guys who owns a collision revision i think on 59 drives a new red rx7 he said was one of the first rx7s in the states came to look at my crx to buy it like 4 years ago. He offered 2-300 less than I was asking and I wouldn't budge and he ended up not buying the car lol
      Quote Originally Posted by Adler v. Relynet
      THE COURT: Knighton was that strange guy; right?

Vehicles
      2013 VW CC, 1992 Kawasaki Ninja 600R
      05-29-2012 09:52 PM #6778
      Need repair work in the suburbs Contact: J'S REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE
      Plainfield, IL VAG-COM EQUIPPED 815-556-0027 http://www.jrpshop.com/

Need detailing or United Motorsport Flashing in the Chicago area Contact: Luis (nkgneto)
      http://www.AutomobileDaySpa.com https://www.facebook.com/AutomobileDaySpa

Vehicles
      09' VW CC 2.0T/80' XS1100 rolling project
      05-29-2012 10:25 PM #6779
      I actually grew up not to far from there. 172nd & Pulaski. I've never had a car get keyed before, or keyed anyone's for that matter. So this is a new experience for me. Would absolutely like to find the little puss responsible for this. Tomorrow I got to talk to the security and see why I haven't got my report yet. Then hit these paint shops for estimates.

Thanks for the referrals.
      Last edited by new2me; 05-30-2012 at 06:39 AM.
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

5. Member
      Vehicles
      99 VW Cabrio MK3, '12 Nissan Rogue (Wifey's)
      05-30-2012 03:16 AM #6780
      FINALLY got my mother's 280zx started and running!!!!

Hood's to the left, windshields to the right, looking down the nose.
      Bit of language, but she runs smoothly! Sorry bout it being so dark, too, was taken at 11p, after farting around with the spark plugs, fuel filter and pump, and rigging up a 2 gallon gas can to draw and return the fuel. Cleaning out the gas tank with vinegar and baking soda, just finishing up day 2. Tomorrow, it's all about the baking soda volcano!

Vehicles
      05-30-2012 06:45 AM #6781
      Joe those boots look like they got used maybe once and set on a shelf! Nice find.

You get that bike going yet?
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

Vehicles
      05-30-2012 09:42 AM #6782
      Nope. havent touched it in a few weeks. gunna try to soon. have a friend who is gunna come look when he gets a chance. think im gunna check the valves one more time. and try to bench sync the carbs for a better baseline. new plugs, and get the battery tested as i think its shot. hopefully after that i can get the damn thing running. all this nice weather all i wanna do is ride. And yes i dont think the boot were ever used they still have stickers on the bottom. the gloves show min wear on the right hand palm but i got a good deal. the boots are a tad large but i think some thicker socks and ill be ok.

Need detailing or United Motorsport Flashing in the Chicago area Contact: Luis (nkgneto)

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8T / 99 Golf / 95 Jetta / 87 Jetta Coupe / 75 Super Beetle / 93 Audi 90 / 81 Datsun 280ZX
      05-30-2012 12:14 PM #6783
      If anyone knows anybody i'm trying to unload these. Buddy pricing available!

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...x7-4x100-4x108

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...k-Amp-Subs-Box

Much thanks! Oh, and because I can!

A RUNNING DKW!!

Aircooled heater ducts!

Corvair swap!

76k Original miles!

Fox I am gonna save!

95k Original miles!

More to come!
      Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clarkson View Post
      I assume you were doing that as some act of charity? Like taking retards to the zoo.

05-30-2012 12:26 PM #6784
      how much for the oval?

and that caddy's body looks decent, any more info on it?

and whats up with the split? anything?

Theres more lol, need more pics of the rest.

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8T / 99 Golf / 95 Jetta / 87 Jetta Coupe / 75 Super Beetle / 93 Audi 90 / 81 Datsun 280ZX
      05-30-2012 12:34 PM #6785
      Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
      how much for the oval?

and that caddy's body looks decent, any more info on it?

and whats up with the split? anything?

Theres more lol, need more pics of the rest.
      Which caddy? The green one?

I am gonna get some more details on the two today.

The split we are on the fence about, some guy stopped by and offered $3500 for it as is.

I will get more info on the Oval for you too. We are gonna start all the cars today and go through them.
      Steve-
      StunninS2@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clarkson View Post
      I assume you were doing that as some act of charity? Like taking retards to the zoo.

05-30-2012 12:36 PM #6786
      Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
      Which caddy? The green one?

I am gonna get some more details on the two today.

The split we are on the fence about, some guy stopped by and offered $3500 for it as is.

I will get more info on the Oval for you too. We are gonna start all the cars today and go through them.

this one

ill give him 3500 for the split, if its somebody from the club then theyre trying to steal it practically lol, conniving sonsabitches

ill try to be patient until you go through the cars more lol

05-30-2012 12:41 PM #6787
      went and looked at the passat it came in today.

not getting it

469 a month for 60 months

409 a month for 72 months

HAHA no

they wouldn't honor meagans invoice discount since its a diesel, offered 3k for her tiburon

so then we looked at a tiguan and a jetta but they didn't have any jetta diesels, the used tiguan she wanted sold yesterday, i dont like the tiguans, so were all over the place now and we didn't even need a car so were waiting now.

Vehicles
      05-30-2012 01:10 PM #6788
      sweet jesus. almost 500 a month for 60 months?! no thanks. lol
      - Jon

05-30-2012 01:25 PM #6789
      ya lol, i dont want it THAT bad

Vehicles
      05-30-2012 02:24 PM #6790
      ya lol, i dont want it THAT bad
      That's some rediculous pricing! They were the same way with me when I tried to buy a CC from them. Actually I wasn't sure what I wanted that day but I did decide by the end of it. A salesman named Seymour gave hooked my gf up but she knew exactly what she was going to buy and what it should cost.
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

05-30-2012 05:04 PM #6791
      Now shes wanting to go take a look at this

http://www.vworland.com/VehicleDetai...-IL/1718680813

im not impressed with the tiguans

she doesn't know it but what we really need is a good truck that gets good gas mileage.

Because one of our biggest stipulations is getting through the snow in the winter, i don't have anything anymore that is winter able.

plus a truck will be able to pull a car trailer or a boat or some jet ski's or a camper etc...

Vehicles
      05-30-2012 05:20 PM #6792
      I'm pretty sure the tig would get you around in the winter. 4 motion should serv you fine plus it's an small suv so it's high enough off the ground...and gets better gas mileage than most any truck probably. Not to add, you could probably tow small stuff (most everything you already have) with thing..i wouldn't think it would have a problem with a small(ish) boat either.

but..

i also agree, nothing about that vehicle really impresses me..the interior and wheels are kinda bland..just not much "fun" or "cool" about it other than 4 motion and 2.0T...
      Last edited by leftygibsonplyr; 05-30-2012 at 05:22 PM.
      - Jon

05-30-2012 05:41 PM #6793
      drove one around today, pretty peppy, felt weak tho.

it had the whole pano roof, half of it slid back, that was really cool, even the sun shade was powered.

its too much of a girls car tho, im a treg guy lol and im still trying to find a good deal on one but the gas will kill us.

we need to be making more money because this vehicle will be meagans but both of us are paying for it. I have a hard time thinking about being broke for something im not using all the time or most of the time, if she had the money to pay for it herself then ya id let her buy it in a second. is that how this should work? lol

I need to sell my entire collection and start over, with her an SUV and me a big truck.

Were also planning on getting a dog soon, a doberman, so we need room to take it and its kennel on our 300mile trip to southern illinois when we go down there all the time.

Vehicles
      05-30-2012 05:44 PM #6794
      well..sounds like you know what you gotta/need to do. get it done jason. lol. I wouldn't want to pay for that tig either. Cars are expensive and that thing is no exception..and like you said, i definitely wouldn't want to be paying into something i wasn't using...you guys aren't married though, right?...i definitely wouldn't be interested in doing that at all if you aren't married/have kids. I think its different if she had to cart around your kids or something...but ya. you get my point.
      - Jon

05-30-2012 05:46 PM #6795
      were not married yet, i just havn't bought a ring yet lol, but its pretty much inevitable. we act like we are, everybody thinks we are. Well prolly be working on a kid within the next year or so too.

Vehicles
      05-30-2012 05:47 PM #6796
      were not married yet, i just havn't bought a ring yet lol, but its pretty much inevitable. we act like we are, everybody thinks we are. Well prolly be working on a kid within the next year or so too.
      werd. well, maybe i'm selfish, but i still wouldn't want to do that...maybe if you were planning to have kids my mind might be swayed to help or just pay for the thing..but otherwise...ya. lol.
      - Jon

Vehicles
      05-30-2012 09:22 PM #6797
      The reason I was looking at the tigs was to haul trailers or random stuff like you. It seemed smarter than buying a truck on top of a new daily driver. But the mileage on the tig just wasn't good enough for my 50 mile round trips to work.
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

Vehicles
      05-31-2012 12:37 AM #6798
      Jason if you buy from orland let me know. we know a guy who used to be in sales and now i believe is the sales/finance manager his name is Sebastian if you find him tell him you are friends of Joe and Aja. Between the family cars and a family member that works for Portillos we got them a ton of sales probably over 20 cars so they know us well and don't mess around when we come in.

Personal recommendation is that the tig is too small it hardly has more room than our mkv jetta which is besides cost is why we ruled it out. Also i have a friend who has an 04 teg v6. personally it eats gas and is a mess. its a huge vehicle and imo really unneeded for most. i could see one with a v10 or something if you really need to tow something heavy. When we went to Orlando we got to rent a 2012 Ford Edge (note that till recently i have given up on anything american) This thing was great. Rode great smooth like a car but with plenty of power had a 6 speed auto and a 3.7 with 285hp im sure it would tow most things. it had enough room with the rear seats down that aja and i took a nap on the floor. put a couple hundred miles on it and it averaged 23mpg on 87 octane. and i was on the highway doing about 80 the whole time beating the hell out of it. so i would imagine higher mpg would be obtainable. we had the SEL model wasnt even the top of the line. Check one out i know new they arent cheap but a used model might be affordable i would recomend the 2nd gen with the new facelift. our was only 2wd but they come in awd and with a 3.9 motor but mpg goes to **** so ive read.

I havent driven much else that would compare to it. my dads new body style Santa Fe isnt horrible but i can say the edge would blow it out of the water.

05-31-2012 12:59 AM #6799
      nice. for some reason the edge's don't do it for me, the design is too plain plus the new ones msrp starts at 27,525

I just noticed the new 2013 escapes are totally redesigned and start at 22k, they look very interesting.

I REALLY like the new ford explorers, but they start at 28k same price as the TDI passat and just go up from there.

I really like the new Fiesta's and the Focus' I could get like TWO of them LOL, i don't like the fusion, and the taurus cost too much.

don't like the chevy sonic, the cruze, or the malibu, the equinox sucks, everything else is just wayy to expensive.

not even gonna look at dodge

honda sucks

she was looking at the santa fe's, theyre not bad really you get a lot for your money with hyundai, im a big fan of the hyundai sonatas

bottom line forester isn't bad, 20-23k

Vehicles
      05-31-2012 06:53 AM #6800
      These are a lot of cars I was looking at originally. The Edge was nice looking but when I seen the price tag it pissed me off. The focus was in my sights for a while but the fusion was getting better reviews, the fiesta was just lacking the power. Chevy has nothing for me. Mazda 3 & 6 seemed interesting but the 3 was a little small and the 6 was a little expensive. I liked the Altima coupe but they are kind of rare for the price I wanted to spend. Plus its one of the only cars I know of that charges you MORE to get a manual trans. (didn't care for the CVT)

Then I came back home to the VAG family. 2.5l Jetta was nice but I hated the clutch and I'm not a hatch back person so golf wasn't an option. The Tig was sweet inside the trim I had but it was out of $ range so I ended up in a used CC. In the end I decided I wanted the ride comfort and the 2.0T.

I was shopping for a cheap ($15k range) with good mpg so I could afford an ultralight this year. But I need a tow vehicle to transport it around anyhow and would also need to build an addition to some storage building at the house so this year is out of the question.
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

Page 272 of 385 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast