Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hamilton Report.......3.0v

Vehicles
      '13 Passat TDI - SOLD; Daily Driver '89 Cabriolet until ordered '15 GTI PP arrives!
      03-29-2009 03:07 PM #1

2009 FORMULA 1 ING AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX

Trulli was originally classified third but had 25s added to his race time for passing under the safety car.

Pos No Driver Team Laps Time/Retired Grid Pts
      1 22 Jenson Button Brawn-Mercedes 58 1:34:15.784 1 10
      2 23 Rubens Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes 58 +0.8 secs 2 8
      3 1 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 58 +2.9 secs 18 6

2. 03-29-2009 03:31 PM #2
      wtf, you serious? I want to be happy about this b/c I am a fanboi, but the reclassification after the fact is pissing me off. Very good drive in a crap car. Attrition worked well for him.

Vehicles
      2013 VW Beetle Turbo Fender Edition
      03-29-2009 03:51 PM #3
      I was very impressed that he didn't do his usual freak out and crash thing. Looking at the car objectively during the race, it was nearly impossible to tell that he had any grip issues at all.

Vehicles
      '13 Passat TDI - SOLD; Daily Driver '89 Cabriolet until ordered '15 GTI PP arrives!
      03-29-2009 03:52 PM #4
      No one had said anything up until this point, so I figured what the heck!!

So here ya go kfzmeister , yet another Hamilton thread!!

5. Member
      Vehicles
      M44/40F20CS65
      03-29-2009 04:09 PM #5
      I think the FIA and Bernie want to ensure that Toyota quits at the end of 2009.

6. 03-29-2009 05:12 PM #6
      I have no problem w/ Toyota being the new whipping boys. They need to buy some whips and Nazi memorabilia.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 Bugatti wagon, '85 V65 Sabre
      03-29-2009 07:39 PM #7
      Quote, originally posted by jsmyle1%... »

So here ya go kfzmeister , yet another Hamilton thread!!

Quote, originally posted by kfzmeister »
      What's up with Ferrari? Wow to Hamilton!

I watched the race, you see my kudos.
      But, I'm gonna throw up at another one of these Hamilton report threads! I suspect you knew that. Like was mentioned above, this is the first race,man.

Form is temporary; Class is permanent

8. 03-30-2009 12:59 AM #8
      Quote, originally posted by venom600 »
      Looking at the car objectively during the race, it was nearly impossible to tell that he had any grip issues at all.

The difference from Friday practice was huge. It looks to me like they accepted they had a slower car and set it up to be friendly to the driver and lap consistently. It certainly paid off.

Vehicles
      An imaginary one
      03-30-2009 03:22 AM #9
      Quote, originally posted by venom600 »
      I was very impressed that he didn't do his usual freak out and crash thing. Looking at the car objectively during the race, it was nearly impossible to tell that he had any grip issues at all.
      Aided in part by the fact that Hamilton was completely irrelevant in the race and thus barely given any air time. Kind of hard to spot problems when you're only given 20 seconds of face time over the course of the race.

10. 03-30-2009 08:54 AM #10
      Hammy was passing like crazy though. Especially early on in the race. Too bad for Heikke though.

Stan...

11. 03-30-2009 10:42 AM #11
      Awww.... Though I feel bad for Jarno.... I have to commend the Dark Knight for giving it 200%...

GWAAAN MY YOUT!!!!!!

12. 03-30-2009 10:46 AM #12
      Jarno got hosed.

13. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      03-30-2009 11:36 AM #13
      i cant blame trulli, the safety car situation was ridiculous. they did about 3 laps with the wreckage just sitting there without the safety car, and about 3-4 laps after it had been cleared.
      Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

14. 03-30-2009 01:32 PM #14
      Quote, originally posted by ClockworkChad »
      i cant blame trulli, the safety car situation was ridiculous. they did about 3 laps with the wreckage just sitting there without the safety car, and about 3-4 laps after it had been cleared.

OH DEAR!!! That was the most inept thing! The SC period was retarded! 2 laps delay for deploymen, and three laps field gathering? F@uckeries!

15. Member
      Vehicles
      B7 EssFo, cammed 12v
      03-30-2009 01:45 PM #15
      mclaren got a gift, lewis is talented, but his skills giving feedback about chassis and setup arent there yet.

he will be on the outside looking in this season.

Slammed B7 EssFo and a Cammed 12v

16. 03-30-2009 02:04 PM #16
      Looks like they're going to penalize anyone who is fast until Mclaren can catch up. Don't feel bad for Toyota, they shouldn't mind giving Hamilton third place. After all, they didn't mind giving him the championship last season. Feel bad for Ron Dennis. He doesn't know where to send his spies now.

17. 03-30-2009 02:26 PM #17
      Quote, originally posted by fasmnkyb »
      Looks like they're going to penalize anyone who is fast until Mclaren can catch up. Don't feel bad for Toyota, they shouldn't mind giving Hamilton third place. After all, they didn't mind giving him the championship last season. Feel bad for Ron Dennis. He doesn't know where to send his spies now.

What?

18. 03-30-2009 02:41 PM #18
      Which part don't you understand?

19. 03-30-2009 02:57 PM #19
      Which part don't you understand?

For starters....

Looks like they're going to penalize anyone who is fast until Mclaren can catch up.Looks like they're going to penalize anyone who is fast until Mclaren can catch up.

20. 03-30-2009 03:01 PM #20
      Just seems like some pretty lame penalties were handed out. You don't think?

21. 03-30-2009 03:04 PM #21
      Although I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you don't believe Timo Glock tanked it for Hamilton in the last race last year.

Vehicles
      An imaginary one
      03-30-2009 03:05 PM #22
      You're acting as though half the field were penalized to get Hamilton into the top-3. Jarno was penalized, and that's it (to the best of my knowledge). Vettel's penalty was justified and inconsequential to Hamilton.

As for Glock, are you seriously going to drag out that conspiracy theory again? Glock ran his ass off in Brazil as best as could be expected in the given conditions with the car he had.

Modified by nickthaskater at 11:06 AM 3-30-2009

23. 03-30-2009 03:07 PM #23
      Hahaha I was right.

24. 03-30-2009 03:16 PM #24
      I must have read the thread wrong. Sorry, I didn't know this was the Hammy fan-o-rama. I'll let you alone now.

Vehicles
      An imaginary one
      03-30-2009 03:16 PM #25
      Hahaha I was right.
      If by right you mean "I have my head in a paper bag and believe whatever I want to believe without employing logical reasoning", then yes, you're right.

26. 03-30-2009 03:34 PM #26

Where were you last year?

1st race, and the sheets come out? You "fans" are hysterical. Even when the rules, enrich a consumate performance, as long as it's Hamilton, it's somehow up for more discussion as to whether he deserves it? Genius...

It matter not what I think.... Apparently, you think otherwise.

27. 03-30-2009 03:35 PM #27
      Although I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you don't believe Timo Glock tanked it for Hamilton in the last race last year.

No.

Vehicles
      04 GTI 1.8T, 08 Passat 2.0T
      03-30-2009 09:28 PM #28
      I am a Hamilton fan boy and I think he had a great race. He showed that he has matured.

He knew he couldn't win, ran his own race and got a solid result.

His overtaking was clean, well executed and successful. what wasn't there to like!

Oh, and by the way.... Glock's overtake on the outside (on Alonso I think..) was AWESOME.

Reminded me of Glock and Hamilton going at it in GP2 a few years back.

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - RIP Marco Simoncelli.

29. 03-30-2009 09:45 PM #29
      Newbie poster here,

Lewis Hamilton being third is a kill, yes he drove well, but aside from the unique Mc Claren problem, the race/win was handed to him. It was not a triumph over some problems that everybody seem to have. Trulli deserve the win, & being snatched away from him like that is wrong, robbing the victory from some one who work harder than Lewis. Poor Trulli

I think Hamilton will be a great driver, but he has a string of goodluck that came with his drive(he got in when MClaren was considered the number 1 team or the strongest team) - which nullifies any "great driver" title - as yet. Who knows this year even if he does not become WDC, maybe he can show that he has the character of being one of the best F1 driver. 07 & 08 did not show that, sorry. Schumi took three years to become a dominant driver - & that is not because he join first hand the 1 team in F1.

Just a piece of my mind - PEACE

-- A big Button Fan - but would root for anyone against Ferrari, but I am also a big Raikkonen - damn what a dilemma

30. Member
      Vehicles
      03-30-2009 09:58 PM #30
      Quote, originally posted by Kidstar »

1st race, and the sheets come out?

Kid, I like ya, but you and at least two other people on this forum need some therapy. If this comment means what I think, and i believe I do, how do you come off making comments like that?
      It's like you guys wait for anything remotely suggestive of race comments and then you attack. wtf?
      Nobody on here makes any race comments but you and like i mentioned two other people.
      Why don't you leave obvious isht like that out of it?

31. 03-30-2009 11:08 PM #31

Where were you last year?

1st race, and the sheets come out? You "fans" are hysterical. Even when the rules, enrich a consumate performance, as long as it's Hamilton, it's somehow up for more discussion as to whether he deserves it? Genius...

It matter not what I think.... Apparently, you think otherwise.

I'm inclined to agree. Hamilton sits out Qualifying because of a mechanical and people who obviously didn't bother watching qualifying begin to speculate about how he is such a cocky bastard to sit out quali. It's not a position a reasonable person could take. =

To believe anything else would really be showing a lack of knowledge in how tires work in the wet. Try competing in motospsort in the wet, you might get it.

I'm niether a huge Lewis fan nor a hater. The guy has skills and is one of the best in the field. Soem people seem motivated to slag for reasons that don't make sense. Going from 18th to the top 10 in 5 laps is a gift! No way he exhibited any skill in picking his way through the pileup that cuaght up everyone else. If it was Kimi half of these detractors would be going nuts over it.

Vehicles
      03-31-2009 12:16 AM #32

Kid, I like ya, but you and at least two other people on this forum need some therapy. If this comment means what I think, and i believe I do, how do you come off making comments like that?
      It's like you guys wait for anything remotely suggestive of race comments and then you attack. wtf?
      Nobody on here makes any race comments but you and like i mentioned two other people.

I agree.

Where he comes up with that whole "white sheet" inference really bugs me too sometimes. I think that even he would probably agree that therapy or self help might be in order on occasion.

On a side note and somewhat off tangent, I have two questions to ask you kz:

1. When you wrote "you guys," what exactly did you mean?
      2. Who are the "two other people"?

*EDIT*

Now...now kzmeister, before you get your Ferrari red panties all twisted and bunched up, you know I am totally messin' with you right? If not for the internet and geography, we'd probably all be a part of the same F1 group that meets at the local indoor karting track and then switches venues to watch each F1 race!....all while talking the same smack....

And besides, you, my friend, were the inspiration for me creating yet another Hamilton thread. That way, the topic is concentrated in one central area and less likely to pollute the other threads.

We're off to another great F1 season here on the 'Tex.

33. Member
      Vehicles
      03-31-2009 12:45 AM #33
      I see the Gwan yoot back-up has arrived. One left to chime in here.

And whatchu-mean-by Ferrari panties? I'm loyal to wherever the Kimster drives, but am a secret admirer of the best in the field! Wait til he drives for the Big Reds next year!

Here's what Allen wrote about him in Melbourne:

Alonso was very impressive, fired up and instructing his engineers on how he saw the race unfolding and what options to think about on strategy. He leads, without a doubt.

34. 03-31-2009 04:26 AM #34

For you my honorary Jamaican, I will...

That's why you get my props...

35. Member
      Vehicles
      03-31-2009 12:41 PM #35

For you my honorary Jamaican, I will...

Here's you in my headlock and me givin' u a noogie.

Gwaaaaan!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast