Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Hamilton Report.......3.0v

1. 04-24-2012 10:24 AM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by jsmyle1%... View Post
      Hypothetically speaking......."What if" the roles were reversed at Bahrain?

What if (during non-incident #1) Hamilton were Rosberg and Rosberg were Hamilton?

What if (during non-incident #2) Hamilton were Rosberg and Alonso were still Alonso?

Discuss.....
      This is not even fair...

Hamilton should wear a hoodie when he drives... then we'd see alot of funnier stuff happening..

2. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 Bugatti wagon, '85 V65 Sabre
      04-24-2012 10:28 AM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by Kidstar View Post
      This is not even fair...

Hamilton should wear a hoodie when he drives... then we'd see alot of funnier stuff happening..
      Poor,.....just poor! Sad.
      I guess nothing better to write about Hamilton,huh?
      I think it's good for him to go to Maranello for some testing. Perhaps he and Massa can sit in that same "Poor me" seat and cry on each other's shoulders.
      Form is temporary; Class is permanent

Vehicles
      '89 Cabriolet, His & Hers '13 Passat SEL TDIs
      04-24-2012 01:07 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister View Post
      Poor,.....just poor! Sad.
      I guess nothing better to write about Hamilton,huh?
      I think it's good for him to go to Maranello for some testing. Perhaps he and Massa can sit in that same "Poor me" seat and cry on each other's shoulders.
      Its all fun and games until someone.......

Seriously, please tell me the thought didn't cross your mind?...not even ONCE?....especially when Alonso got it too?.....and then NO penalty?....C'mon Maaaaaaaan!!

Hamilton would have been parked!!!!......

Its all good.

I've got no hoodie jokes, no Skittles jokes, no sweet tea jokes.....NOTHING!!!

However......... On a side note, where's Skeeter??? Did anyone notice the Shah-LACKING someone got in TCL? See, its not just here!!!

As for Massa and Hamilton.... I'm not sure they should be lumped into the same sentence...dontcha thank?

Will Massa benefit from testing? Shouldn't he be more concerned about what he's gonna do about his thinning hair?

4. 04-24-2012 03:28 PM #109

However......... On a side note, where's Skeeter??? Did anyone notice the Shah-LACKING someone got in TCL? See, its not

Link it puhleeze...lol.

5. 04-24-2012 04:05 PM #110
      Its all fun and games until someone.......

Seriously, please tell me the thought didn't cross your mind?...not even ONCE?....especially when Alonso got it too?.....and then NO penalty?....C'mon Maaaaaaaan!!

Hamilton would have been parked!!!!......

Its all good.

I've got no hoodie jokes, no Skittles jokes, no sweet tea jokes.....NOTHING!!!

However......... On a side note, where's Skeeter??? Did anyone notice the Shah-LACKING someone got in TCL? See, its not just here!!!

As for Massa and Hamilton.... I'm not sure they should be lumped into the same sentence...dontcha thank?
      Will Massa benefit from testing? Shouldn't he be more concerned about what he's gonna do about his thinning hair?
      WTF! That's equally insulting as SV calling NK a gherkin

6. Member
      Vehicles
      04-25-2012 01:00 AM #111
      Hamilton had done some pretty outrageous stuff when he kept getting hit with all sorts of penalties in the past. He wasn't exactly a victim.

Nico is just not that sort of driver, unless i'm missing something. I was surprised to not see him get hit with a penalty. That was a dangerous move alright. At least a warning was in order. I'm sure he's on the steward's radar now, though.

Vehicles
      04-25-2012 09:03 AM #112
      Hamilton had done some pretty outrageous stuff when he kept getting hit with all sorts of penalties in the past. He wasn't exactly a victim.

Nico is just not that sort of driver, unless i'm missing something. I was surprised to not see him get hit with a penalty. That was a dangerous move alright. At least a warning was in order. I'm sure he's on the steward's radar now, though.
      Right up until the point that they actually do something blatant and silly like Rosberg (or Hamilton for that matter), none of them are "that sort of driver."

As are you, I am surprised (...and not) that Rosberg didn't get a penalty.... not even a 10-grid spot penalty for the next race. Besides the fact that there was dirt run-off at the point of the incident, I equate both of Rosberg's moves to that of Schumacher running Barichello almost to the wall last year.

And btw, big deal that Rosberg is on the steward's radar. The fact is: HE GOT AWAY WITH IT.....with not even a slap on the wrist. REALLY?? SERIOUSLY!! I thought for sure after he ran Alonso off that he would be penalized.... Now THAT part right there baffles me.... I thought the stewards gargled red nuts......

8. Member
      Vehicles
      04-25-2012 09:20 AM #113
      Sooner or later, people get exactly what they deserve! Like Alonso,......another title.

9. 04-25-2012 10:20 AM #114
      I thought the stewards gargled red nuts......

OH MY!!!

Vehicles
      heavy understeer and snap oversteer. PQ35 perfect.
      04-28-2012 02:32 PM #115
      And btw, big deal that Rosberg is on the steward's radar. The fact is: HE GOT AWAY WITH IT.....with not even a slap on the wrist. REALLY??
      i thought the same... WTF. but then i watched the GP2 race. same moves, same place exactly. either the stewards were in la la land the whole time, or the hands-off precedent was set in the GP2 race possibly.
      Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
      function
      form

11. 04-28-2012 03:20 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Hamilton
      He pulled really to the right ... I thought it was Michael for one second

After being squeezed off the circuit by a Mercedes in Bahrain, Lewis Hamilton admits he was surprised to learn it was his friend Nico Rosberg in the cockpit and not Michael Schumacher

Vehicles
      05-12-2012 08:33 PM #117
      With a team like what LH currently has, who needs enemies...

My Dad has been vehement in his notion that Macca will do anything to make sure LH doesn't win....that they favor Button. I have avoided discussions with him because I didn't believe there was any sort of conspiracy like he strongly believes..... I've been thinking that there is NO WAY that they would risk winning the Constructors' Championship... I could maybe, sort of, understand reducing LH's chances of winning the Driver's Championship by orchestrating a not-so-fast pitstop. But, risking losing the Constructors'???? That wouldn't make a scrap of sense...right????

Maybe Dads do know best????

SERIOUSLY??? REALLY????

C'mon maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.....

This just doesn't add up.

Can someone please explain with logic.....

Tell me that F1 is not an exact science and mistakes happen....that human error is just one of those factors that cannot be eliminated....that McLaren loves Hamilton and Button equally....that ANY team could have made any of the errors that have been made this year by McLaren....that any DRIVER could have been behind the wheel....that these incidents are mere coincidences.... that no conspiracy exists as it relates to Macca..

Bueller?????

13. Member
      Vehicles
      05-12-2012 11:16 PM #118
      With a team like what LH currently has, who needs enemies...

My Dad has been vehement in his notion that Macca will do anything to make sure LH doesn't win....that they favor Button. I have avoided discussions with him because I didn't believe there was any sort of conspiracy like he strongly believes..... I've been thinking that there is NO WAY that they would risk winning the Constructors' Championship... I could maybe, sort of, understand reducing LH's chances of winning the Driver's Championship by orchestrating a not-so-fast pitstop. But, risking losing the Constructors'???? That wouldn't make a scrap of sense...right????

Maybe Dads do know best????

SERIOUSLY??? REALLY????

C'mon maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.....

This just doesn't add up.

Can someone please explain with logic.....

Tell me that F1 is not an exact science and mistakes happen....that human error is just one of those factors that cannot be eliminated....that McLaren loves Hamilton and Button equally....that ANY team could have made any of the errors that have been made this year by McLaren....that any DRIVER could have been behind the wheel....that these incidents are mere coincidences.... that no conspiracy exists as it relates to Macca..

Bueller?????
      I feel ya brother. This is the last thing that you wanted to write about when you revived this thread, right. Sorry man......................................In the meantime, did ya see where Alonso ended up?????????

14. Member
      Vehicles
      05-12-2012 11:53 PM #119
      Hurry, get your copy!!!

McLaren-The-Art-of-Racing-
      "How to fuel cars and other winning tips!"
      Last edited by kfzmeister; 05-12-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Vehicles
      05-13-2012 07:08 AM #120
      Will someone pleeeeeease get kfz some more salt, pepper, oil and vinegar?

He seems to be running low and in need of more.... as he delicately and so compassionately dresses my wounds......

Not to worry though. No matter what LH does this morning (hopefully from last to first), Macca and the stewards have already met. Between the two entities, his fate has already been pre-determined...

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      05-14-2012 01:04 AM #121
      Lewis' problem is that his mum is white.

The gloves are off, the wisdom teeth are out
      What you on about ?

17. 05-14-2012 09:20 AM #122
      I wonder how Lewis' dad would react if he were his manager during this rash of gaffes.

18. 05-14-2012 09:36 AM #123
      Lewis has become a complete driver. The driver who is normally hard on his tires... he made those 2nd set of tires last over 30 laps and had enough left in them to attack Nico. He was the only two stopping driver this race. From what I see the WDC is his this year, his biggest obstacle is his team's constant drive to fcck things up at every turn, lewis seems to be able to handle the frustration very well though.

19. 05-14-2012 10:29 AM #124
      Bizarre is not even the word I'm thinking right now...

Vehicles
      04 GTI 1.8T, 08 Passat 2.0T
      05-17-2012 08:47 AM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by dubsix View Post
      Lewis has become a complete driver. The driver who is normally hard on his tires... he made those 2nd set of tires last over 30 laps and had enough left in them to attack Nico. He was the only two stopping driver this race. From what I see the WDC is his this year, his biggest obstacle is his team's constant drive to fcck things up at every turn, lewis seems to be able to handle the frustration very well though.
      Agreed. Didier Coton would be cheap at twice the price.
      He has transformed Hamilton from a whiny, hotheaded idiot to a polished, professional and downright stellar driver in an offseason.

Had Mclaren not scuppered him at every turn he would be leading the WDC right now.

Long may it last. his drive in Spain reminded me of the Hamilton we loved in 07' - aggressive, skillful and
      talented.

I Believe his current, staggering, pace in qualifying will get him a win in Monaco, and from there he will build a WDC year.
      "You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - RIP Marco Simoncelli.

21. 05-17-2012 10:37 AM #126
      This is the year....

LH4TMFWDC '12

Vehicles
      2004 Audi S4, 08 Wolfy
      05-17-2012 02:47 PM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by dubsix View Post
      This is somewhat similar to Kimi's woes at McLaren in 2005, but it wasn't intentional then.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      05-17-2012 09:47 PM #128
      Quote Originally Posted by 24vEngineer View Post
      intentional

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      05-17-2012 09:53 PM #129
      This is somewhat similar to Kimi's woes at McLaren in 2005, but it wasn't intentional then.
      Quote Originally Posted by MRVW00
      2 dudes on a bike is too gay for even me

Vehicles
      05-17-2012 10:56 PM #130
      What's to be about?

Its clear as day what is going on within the McLaren Camp. No logical explanation can be given for the blatant mistakes this season.

"Human error" you say? I thought so.....especially after mistake #1. Could that same reasoning be used for mistake #2? Maaaaaaybe.

But now?

C'mon maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...... As Mike Tyson would say, "Dis is LEW-DAH-KRITHPAH."

Vehicles
      2004 Audi S4, 08 Wolfy
      05-18-2012 01:28 AM #131
      Ok, extremely sloppy which is very unbecoming of a top tier F1 team like McLaren. It makes you kinda think WTF, let the guy race already even though you don't like him.

Vehicles
      2004 Audi S4, 08 Wolfy
      05-18-2012 09:47 AM #132
      Example:

Qualifying in Spain
      Hamiltons race engineer knows EXACTLY how much fuel to put in the car for the out lap, 1 extremely blisteringly hot lap, the in lap, and the required volume for fuel sample. He also knows that it is required that Hamilton's car drive into scrutineering under its own power or the team will receive a penalty, this is not up for debate with Charlie Whiting, it is in the sporting regs. So, given the fact that the race engineer decided to under fuel the car to gain a couple of tenths knowing they would get a penalty (it has happened to them before and that would mean that the pole benefits them nothing) they are either colossally phucking stupid or somebody made that decision on purpose.

I don't believe McLaren International recruits idiots (ok, the wheel guy might be an exception). I work in the aerospace industry and they are a bit more PC, so there are some knucklehead engineers that come through from time to time, but I know for a fact that the engineers that go into F1 are all 4.0's in their undergrad and master studies. McLaren demands excellence and a mediocre or under performing engineer is quickly exposed in an environment like that.

I'm not saying that Martin Whitmarsh is intentionally sabotaging Lewis Hamilton's season, but can somebody explain to me why they would send him out on low fuel in Q3 knowing he wouldn't make it back to scrutineering nor have a fuel sample for the stewards???

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      05-18-2012 10:35 AM #133
      Example:

Qualifying in Spain
      Hamiltons race engineer knows EXACTLY how much fuel to put in the car for the out lap, 1 extremely blisteringly hot lap, the in lap, and the required volume for fuel sample. He also knows that it is required that Hamilton's car drive into scrutineering under its own power or the team will receive a penalty, this is not up for debate with Charlie Whiting, it is in the sporting regs. So, given the fact that the race engineer decided to under fuel the car to gain a couple of tenths knowing they would get a penalty (it has happened to them before and that would mean that the pole benefits them nothing) they are either colossally phucking stupid or somebody made that decision on purpose.

I don't believe McLaren International recruits idiots (ok, the wheel guy might be an exception). I work in the aerospace industry and they are a bit more PC, so there are some knucklehead engineers that come through from time to time, but I know for a fact that the engineers that go into F1 are all 4.0's in their undergrad and master studies. McLaren demands excellence and a mediocre or under performing engineer is quickly exposed in an environment like that.

I'm not saying that Martin Whitmarsh is intentionally sabotaging Lewis Hamilton's season, but can somebody explain to me why they would send him out on low fuel in Q3 knowing he wouldn't make it back to scrutineering nor have a fuel sample for the stewards???
      I thought the fuel guy (race engineer does not actually fill the tank just gives the numbers to the fuels guy) flipped the wrong switch. Meaning he switched from putting fuel IN the car to taking it OUT without knowing it. Whatever the reason this is not typical of McLaren. They would be stupid to sabotage Hammie races, too much money on the line. If they really don't like Hammie, don't extend his contract, simple as that. I blame it on Sam Michaels. Williams made error after error while he was there and now they are winning races. Now he's at McLaren and they are making $hitty mistakes...coincidence, I think not.

Vehicles
      2004 Audi S4, 08 Wolfy
      05-18-2012 10:40 AM #134
      Quote Originally Posted by wiredvw View Post
      I thought the fuel guy (race engineer does not actually fill the tank just gives the numbers to the fuels guy) flipped the wrong switch. Meaning he switched from putting fuel IN the car to taking it OUT without knowing it. Whatever the reason this is not typical of McLaren. They would be stupid to sabotage Hammie races, too much money on the line. If they really don't like Hammie, don't extend his contract, simple as that. I blame it on Sam Michaels. Williams made error after error while he was there and now they are winning races. Now he's at McLaren and they are making $hitty mistakes...coincidence, I think not.
      So McLaren is saying that the guy filling up Hamilton's car was asleep at the wheel during the most critical time of quali? What's with this team? Their pit crew has gone to shyte and they have one of the most competitive cars on the grid?

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      05-18-2012 12:48 PM #135
      So McLaren is saying that the guy filling up Hamilton's car was asleep at the wheel during the most critical time of quali? What's with this team? Their pit crew has gone to shyte and they have one of the most competitive cars on the grid?
      Pretty much. The kicker is they had time to fix the problem.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/0...in-qualifying/

Quote Originally Posted by James Allen on F1
      How did it happen? My BBC colleague Gary Anderson saw the refuelling and said this, “The fuel rig guy put the rig on, but he had the handle set to drain fuel. He discovered his mistake and switched it to put fuel in the car. But as a result he didn’t put as much fuel in it as he should have. He (Hamilton) went across the start-finish line 20 seconds before the chequered flag but if they had sat in the garage for three or four more seconds to get more fuel in, they still would have had time to cross the line and complete another flying lap. Sometimes I don’t think McLaren think on their feet.”

Vehicles
      06-21-2012 08:47 PM #136
      bahdunkah-bump!

A bit late??...........or a bit early??...

32. Member
      Vehicles
      06-22-2012 09:39 AM #137
      bahdunkah-bump!

Hope dies last.

33. 06-22-2012 10:48 AM #138
      LH WDC '12

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      06-24-2012 08:39 PM #139
      bahdunkah-bump!

Well, which is it?

Vehicles
      06-24-2012 09:24 PM #140
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Racer View Post
      Well, which is it?
      Neither I suppose....

Shoulda....coulda.....woulda.....

Hypothetically speaking.....If the team didn't screw up yet AGAIN.....blah, blah... (I don't wanna sound like you-know-who)

Great win for Alonso.... He's still not my favorite, but as he has matured, I've gained more respect for his talent. It'll be great to see him back with his Macca teammate under the Tifosi banner!!

Great podium.... Did anyone catch Schumi holding back the "rolling of the eyes" after Kimi's typical, monotone post-race interview?

Lewis will rebound despite the efforts of McLaren to do otherwise.

Vettel will rebound just because he's the GOAT.....

Let's try this again next time. Whadaya say?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast