Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hamilton Report.......3.0v

1. 05-11-2009 12:50 PM #71
      Quote, originally posted by DubbyDriver »

Rather thick? No wonder teenage girls all over are starving themselves. Think before you talk/type. I hope you're kidding. She's probably maxin out at 110-115 lb tops.

Modified by DubbyDriver at 2:14 PM 5-7-2009

Tell him! Cause I'm not trying to call nutten thick under 140!

2. 05-12-2009 10:44 AM #72
      ha ha. I hope he is trying to pull a Ted Kennedy..

3. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 Bugatti wagon, '85 V65 Sabre
      05-12-2009 10:58 AM #73
      Hey, that looks like Red Bull colors!!!!!
      Form is temporary; Class is permanent

4. 05-12-2009 11:23 AM #74
      This really has to stop. http://guanabee.com/2009/05/sp...ilton

5. Member
      Vehicles
      05-16-2009 05:37 PM #75
      Great article!

Quote, originally posted by J. Allen »

Why Hamilton’s fallen out of love with F1
      May 16, 2009 by James Allen

You will have seen some of the interviews Lewis Hamilton did this week, on Reuters, in the Times and on the BBC.

The Times one caught my eye because it was an open expression of regret that Formula 1 has become a job and that he does not enjoy the political environment around him.

Hamilton has slotted into the space left vacant by Michael Schumacher in Formula 1, clearly massively talented, unloved by his fellow drivers and always seeming to find himself tangled up in controversies. Senna occupied that space before Schumacher.

The Times interview reveals the state of mind of the driver in the third season of his F1 career. He is weary of the politics, no longer enjoys the banter with the media, he is on his guard, feeling caged and also unfulfilled because his car isn’t fast enough to get him in the game.

“It doesn’t feel so good,” he said, “Getting up in the morning and knowing you can’t win that weekend no matter how hard you drive or how good a job you or the team does.

“It’s hard to take but it’s a fact and you have to deal with it. You just have to adjust your expectations and find new goals.”

In other words he now finds himself in the same position as most drivers in F1, who have no chance of winning a race, even though their career up to F1 was probably gilded with victories and championships. Hamilton described some of these drivers as ‘the monkeys at the back’ last season and that went down like a cup of cold sick. Few have any sympathy for him now.

In Spain last weekend he found out how it felt to be at the back, lapped by Jenson Button in the closing stages of the race.

“I have known Jenson since I was 10 years old, ” continues Hamilton. “He has had some tough tough years and I think I can appreciate that even more after this year exactly how he felt. I have a huge amount of respect for how he dealt with it all.”

What is happening at the moment with Hamilton is that he is having to rebuild relationships. Imagine a telephone switchboard, with loads of leads plugged in all over the place. Well Hamilton is unplugging all the leads and taking care over how he plugs them back in again. It is a root and branch reconstruction of some of the key relationships which make up the ebb and flow of his F1 life; his relationship with his team after the lying episode in Melbourne and the human damage which ensued, his relationship with the media, his relationship with his fellow drivers.

The media one is a perpetual battle. Hamilton will have hated being made to go in front of the press in Malaysia to apologise for lying. It worked well and most of the media respected him for doing it, but the trouble now is that whenever he finds himself in the middle of another controversy, there will be the inevitable, “Are you going to apologise, Lewis?”

Exactly the same thing happened with Schumacher. He tired of dealing with the media and always refused to give them what they wanted, when they demanded apologies for things. He was stubborn like that. I bet Lewis will be the same.

Schumacher, despite in later years growing to hate his dealings with the media, was very professional and always did what he had to do, always gave an answer. He found a coping mode, which got him through to the end of his career. He was extremely well advised by Sabine Kehm, a former F1 editor on the German equivalent of the Times.

Lewis has his Dad and the McLaren media department to help him, but no-one who’s done the Fleet Street nasty stuff and who is there to look after his interests alone. He’s lost out because of that, no question.

Lately he’s been trying the disrespectful grunt or monosyllabic answer, particularly to the Fleet Street tabloid contingent and it has got him no-where. They are a thick skinned lot, however, and he will be a big story as long as he stays in F1. I am sure Lewis will slot into ‘Schumacher media mode’ too, once he’s unplugged the leads and plugged them back in again, figuring out out who are the good guys and who are the bad.

To be reworking relationships across so many sectors at once seems to be taking a lot on. At least he has the mental space and time for that this year. He’s not under pressure for the title race. The car isn’t going to give him much this season, it will improve, but it’s one of those McLarens that doesn’t really work, so he’ll be ‘polishing a turd ‘ as racing folk have it, for the rest of the season.

Let’s hope the same cannot be said for his relationship rebuilding exercise.

Vehicles
      '89 Cabriolet, His & Hers '13 Passat SEL TDIs
      03-24-2012 10:41 AM #76
      kfz,

You had your chance....

Btw, 2 poles to start the season is just plain luck.....I'm surprised you haven't changed his name to "Ricky".....as in Silver Spoon Ricky....

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      03-24-2012 11:03 AM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by jsmyle1%... View Post
      kfz,

You had your chance....

Btw, 2 poles to start the season is just plain luck.....I'm surprised you haven't changed his name to "Ricky".....as in Silver Spoon Ricky....
      Boring Hamilton nut-swinger is boring.
      Quote Originally Posted by MRVW00
      my GF's love to show me their t!ts....and I like to motorboat them so much they call me Chris Craft...

8. 03-24-2012 02:23 PM #78
      I'll stick my neck out.. with a strong start Mclaren will win both titles this year, with which driver will be determined but my money is on LH.

Vehicles
      03-24-2012 02:53 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by dubsix View Post
      I'll stick my neck out.. with a strong start Mclaren will win both titles this year, with which driver will be determined but my money is on LH.
      YOU.....dubsix......MUST be a Hamilton "nut swinger".....and a boring one at that....

The others....that favor Vettel....Alonso....Massa....etc are merely "fans" of the sport. Anyone who makes any positive references with respect to Hamilton are referred to as "nut swingers"..... I get it....

Better be cautious what is worn in their neigborhood.... (Oh no you dient? Oh yes I did!)

...jus sayin'

Vehicles
      03-24-2012 04:18 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister View Post
      For cryin' out loud. Why can't you just leave this friggin' thread die out?
      All hell will break loose when hamilton chokes again tomorrow.lol

gwon my yoot!

Figured I'd save you the trouble....

C'mon kfz.....Tell me you didn't find that mildly amusing??

It is totally true that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

I have to say that for as long as I've been following racing, I can't remember having downright dislike/hatred towards ANY driver.....in ANY series. Hell, I actually like Kyle Busch.....because he's a true racer.

Massa isn't my favorite 'cause its time. Rubens wasn't my favorite, but low and behold, I'll be routing for his success in the IndyCar series.

Alonso? Not my favorite (especially not when he was teammates to LH), but I thoroughly enjoy watching him put a schooling on the majority of his competitors.

So what's my point? I just don't get all this hatred/dislike for LH (actually I do...but.....). By no means am I suggesting that we all should form a circle, get on our knees, hold hands and have a LHNSS (Lewis Hamilton Nut Swinging Session), but its amazing to me how there are so many so-called F1 fans on the internet that will NEVER give praise where praise is due....at least not as it relates to ANYTHING related to LH.....his driving....his facial expressions....his emotions in or out of a race car......his girlfriend.....his father....

Hypothetically speaking, if.....and that's a big IF LH wins the championship this year, what will the excuses be???

- Luck?
      - The best car?
      - He only wins when he has the best teammates that do all the setup work?

Jus' sayin'.....
      Last edited by jsmyle1%...; 03-24-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      03-24-2012 06:29 PM #81
      YOU.....dubsix......MUST be a Hamilton "nut swinger".....and a boring one at that....

The others....that favor Vettel....Alonso....Massa....etc are merely "fans" of the sport. Anyone who makes any positive references with respect to Hamilton are referred to as "nut swingers"..... I get it....

Better be cautious what is worn in their neigborhood.... (Oh no you dient? Oh yes I did!)

...jus sayin'
      No, you're a nutswinger when you bump three of your own threads about Hamilton, which hadn't been posted to in over 3 years.

...jus sayin'

Oh, and if you check back, I've actually given Hamilton props when they were due. Problem is, he is his own worst enemy, and makes it very easy for people to poke at him. It's almost to the point where he invites the abuse. It would be impolite for him not to accept it.
      Quote Originally Posted by MRVW00
      my GF's love to show me their t!ts....and I like to motorboat them so much they call me Chris Craft...

Vehicles
      2013 Ford Raptor, 2002 F-350, 84 H-Prod Scirocco, 95 M3
      03-26-2012 04:40 AM #82
      I for one enjoy not only the racing but also the personality of the drivers. I grew up hating Prost because I didn't like his attitude during interviews and thought Senna was great because if it was on his mind it came out, nothing held back.

Kimi, not the easiest to get an interview but at least he finds something funny to say and doesn't hide the fact that he isn't a media person and that he obviously lives outside of the normal lifestyle that the drivers do.

LH on the other hand, is a very talented driver, sometimes a bit dangerous but I loved that in Senna...However, he is about as smug as you can get. After watching him on Top Gear I decided I would rather not see him win another race. He is on the same level as the Yankees and Red Wings for me.
      Current fuel suckers:2013 Ford Raptor, 2002 Ford F-350 'stoke, 2010 Chevy Equinox monkey hauler, 1995 BMW M3 track project, 1962 Mercury Monterey the never ending project.

Past fuel suckers. Signature would violate forum rules

Vehicles
      04-15-2012 01:52 PM #83
      Great race!

Great podium!

The Chicken Foot ruled that podium....

14. 04-16-2012 10:23 AM #84
      Great race!

Great podium!

The Chicken Foot ruled that podium....
      And he certainly got some camel toe after that too...

3, 3, 3rd's.....

15. 04-16-2012 11:01 AM #85
      I am liking what I am seeing in Lewis' driving of late, cooler, calmer and more calculated... He is definitely turning into a more complete driver, less exciting to watch overall but he is hauling in the points. This is the kind of driving consistency that wins championships.

16. 04-16-2012 02:03 PM #86
      I am liking what I am seeing in Lewis' driving of late, cooler, calmer and more calculated... He is definitely turning into a more complete driver, less exciting to watch overall but he is hauling in the points. This is the kind of driving consistency that wins championships.
      Funny thing is... I don't see that vast of a change... I see his reactions after failed expectations a bit more laconic, but his on track talent and exuberance is all still there. Those chase downs and passing tactics were very hair fine...

I hate the fact he's considered now to be driving for points as opposed to outright victory...

The new LH is no fun....

17. 04-16-2012 02:11 PM #87
      it's there, look at the pass on Massa, this wasn't a rushed effort/ not all or nothing type of move.. just a calm assured pass at the exact correct moment.

Vehicles
      04-16-2012 09:04 PM #88
      I agree...

Initially, I felt that the pairing of Hamilton and Button was most beneficial to Button. It appeared that many of Hamilton's strong suits were all of a sudden showing up in Button's arsenal.....

On the other hand, Hamilton seemed to be the one struggling with the pairing. Its almost as if was losing his way. I kept saying to myself: "Okay....Hamilton was rubbing off on Button, but when is Button gonna rub off on Hamilton????"

The good news I guess is that what Hamilton has lacked (or struggled with) in the past are qualities that can be learned with time and maturity. I'm just not sure tenacity and testicular fortitude can be learned..... Clearly, he has those qualities....... in abundance!!

Stay tuned...

19. 04-17-2012 06:57 AM #89
      I kept thinking that he was screwed by his pit strategy. Every time he had made some progress up from his initial 7th place start, he would pull into the pits then drop back down to 10th or lower. Low and behold, he kept his calm and worked his way back to a podium. I cna only hope that he realizes that it has been his consistency that has resulted in his leading the championship. He has made a few sweet passes as well. Lets see what the next few races reveal.

Stan...

20. 04-17-2012 09:01 AM #90
      And who says LH fanboi's can't deduce sense? Let them drink bleach!

All points are very valid... well taken...

I for one never thought LH to be a "slasher dasher", he was more like over anxious... To a degree that's still the same argument, however. I like that swoop on em move he's know for, just as much as his deft over and unders...as long as he gets past mofo's I'm good...

3 of the most objective cats in the open wheel...

21. 04-18-2012 06:55 AM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by Kidstar View Post
      And who says LH fanboi's can't deduce sense? Let them drink bleach!

All points are very valid... well taken...

I for one never thought LH to be a "slasher dasher", he was more like over anxious... To a degree that's still the same argument, however. I like that swoop on em move he's know for, just as much as his deft over and unders...as long as he gets past mofo's I'm good...

3 of the most objective cats in the open wheel...
      Werd Nerd!

22. 04-18-2012 09:24 AM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by Blaspherion View Post
      Werd Nerd!
      Nerds rule the world...

Vehicles
      04 R32 02 WRX Wagon
      04-18-2012 10:32 AM #93
      Hamilton is going to get 3rd in all 20 races this year and win the Title.

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      04-18-2012 11:23 AM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by Sump View Post
      Hamilton is going to get 3rd in all 20 races this year and win the Title.
      I don't even want to think about all of the a$$plosions that will happen not only here but on every F1 forum. But, but, he never won a race and still won!?!?

Anyway, Hammie has come into this season with a much clearer head on his shoulders it seems. I love his aggressive style on the track even though he has tried some things that even for us armchair F1 drivers can tell is a bad idea. He has certainly been more patient this season at letting the entire race play out rather than trying to win in the first few laps.

25. 04-18-2012 11:59 AM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by wiredvw View Post
      I don't even want to think about all of the a$$plosions that will happen not only here but on every F1 forum. But, but, he never won a race and still won!?!?

Anyway, Hammie has come into this season with a much clearer head on his shoulders it seems. I love his aggressive style on the track even though he has tried some things that even for us armchair F1 drivers can tell is a bad idea. He has certainly been more patient this season at letting the entire race play out rather than trying to win in the first few laps.
      That has, so far, been the most noticeable difference between this year and years past. He isn't trying to win races in the first corner. He seems to be biding his time better and pushing hard for passes when it is more sensible to do so.

If I am not mistaken, wasn't there a driver back in the day who won a championship without winning any races? A little help on this?

Stan...

Vehicles
      04 R32 02 WRX Wagon
      04-18-2012 12:33 PM #96
      Looks like Hamilton has finally taken a page from button's style. Can't win the race on the first lap.

Hamilton's speed with a bit of patience and strategy is a winning combo. Got back into F1 after college, was a McLaren/Häkkinen fan back in high school. Would love to see them win another title.

27. 04-18-2012 01:35 PM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by Blaspherion View Post
      That has, so far, been the most noticeable difference between this year and years past. He isn't trying to win races in the first corner. He seems to be biding his time better and pushing hard for passes when it is more sensible to do so.

If I am not mistaken, wasn't there a driver back in the day who won a championship without winning any races? A little help on this?

Stan...
      found it to be Rosberg's pops...82....

Vehicles
      04 R32 02 WRX Wagon
      04-18-2012 02:05 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by Kidstar View Post
      found it to be Rosberg's pops...82....
      He won the Swiss GP that year.

No one has ever won the WDC with zero wins.

The only other time a driver won the WDC with 1 win was Hawthorn in 1958.

Easier to find data: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ions#By_season

29. 04-19-2012 06:56 AM #99
      Hawthorne and Keke I believe.

Stan...

30. 04-19-2012 11:22 AM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by Sump View Post
      He won the Swiss GP that year.

No one has ever won the WDC with zero wins.

The only other time a driver won the WDC with 1 win was Hawthorn in 1958.

Easier to find data: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ions#By_season
      Ok... from same source...

They both had one win...

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia.com
      The World Drivers' Championship was won by Williams driver Keke Rosberg. Rosberg was the first driver since Mike Hawthorn in the 1958 season to win the championship after winning only one race.
      So.... Hawthorn had 49 WDC points and Keke 44...

Vehicles
      04-23-2012 10:45 PM #101
      Hypothetically speaking......."What if" the roles were reversed at Bahrain?

What if (during non-incident #1) Hamilton were Rosberg and Rosberg were Hamilton?

What if (during non-incident #2) Hamilton were Rosberg and Alonso were still Alonso?

Discuss.....

32. 04-23-2012 10:57 PM #102

What if (during non-incident #1) Hamilton were Rosberg and Rosberg were Hamilton?

What if (during non-incident #2) Hamilton were Rosberg and Alonso were still Alonso?

Discuss.....
      I get the feeling that, although to be judged case by case, if it was Ham as the questionable driver, penalties would be handed out. I'm not supporting the Ham version from 2011 in Monaco, but I got a feeling ppl's expectations in 2012 are heavily based on prior track performance - good or bad, and rightly so. Hopefully his growth in 2012 will earn him in a spot that's brighter than in 2011. However, hope he realizes that he can't, nor should he, try to plz all.
      Last edited by Imola Yellow GTi; 04-23-2012 at 11:03 PM.

33. Member
      Vehicles
      04-23-2012 11:37 PM #103

Discuss.....
      I think you should have left this skeleton buried!!

Read here for something more worthwhile! Click here!
      Last edited by kfzmeister; 04-23-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      04-23-2012 11:41 PM #104
      I am not a fan of Hamilton by any stretch but I recon he should be given points for having balls of steel and keeping that fast pedal to the wall.
      The gloves are off, the wisdom teeth are out
      What you on about ?

35. 04-24-2012 10:23 AM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister View Post
      I think you should have left this skeleton buried!!

Read here for something more worthwhile! Click here!
      KFZ.... has become the funniest dude since MK1's torching of Nicky Baby...

You just cyber dropped and rolled in VWOP!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast