Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Hamilton Report.......3.0v

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      06-25-2012 09:33 AM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by jsmyle1%... View Post
      Neither I suppose....

Shoulda....coulda.....woulda.....

Hypothetically speaking.....If the team didn't screw up yet AGAIN.....blah, blah... (I don't wanna sound like you-know-who)

Great win for Alonso.... He's still not my favorite, but as he has matured, I've gained more respect for his talent. It'll be great to see him back with his Macca teammate under the Tifosi banner!!

Great podium.... Did anyone catch Schumi holding back the "rolling of the eyes" after Kimi's typical, monotone post-race interview?

Lewis will rebound despite the efforts of McLaren to do otherwise.

Vettel will rebound just because he's the GOAT.....

Let's try this again next time. Whadaya say?
      I could hardly believe Hammie's pitstop was crap yet again. Not one jack guy failing, but two! Unreal. I will be surprised if Hammie stays at McLaren after this season...what confidence does he have in the team to help him win???

2. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 Bugatti wagon, '85 V65 Sabre
      06-25-2012 01:51 PM #142
      Great win for Alonso.... He's still not my favorite, but as he has matured, I've gained more respect for his talent. It'll be great to see him back with his Macca teammate under the Tifosi banner!!
      You know Alonso has a say in the choice of his next teammate, right?
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      There's a good chance next year's car could be called #5!
      Not looking good, unless you mean WCC standings

Vehicles
      '89 Cabriolet, His & Hers '13 Passat SEL TDIs
      06-25-2012 02:10 PM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister View Post
      You know Alonso has a say in the choice of his next teammate, right?
      Yes.... I know.

Who knows? They are both maturing as individuals and drivers (maybe Alonso a bit more than Hammie)...

The silly season may start a bit early!!!

4. 07-31-2012 10:58 AM #144

5. 07-31-2012 02:48 PM #145
      Yes.... I know.

Who knows? They are both maturing as individuals and drivers (maybe Alonso a bit more than Hammie)...

The silly season may start a bit early!!!
      I was in Valencia this year. You can't begin to imagine how much the Spaniards hate Hamilton. I would fear for his life if they were reunited.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      08-04-2012 02:12 PM #146
      I gotta tell ya that i'm not a big Hamilton fan, but that picture that you just posted was a waste of time. WTF?
      Let's just move on...

7. 08-04-2012 04:26 PM #147
      I gotta tell ya that i'm not a big Hamilton fan, but that picture that you just posted was a waste of time. WTF?
      Let's just move on...
      Removed it just for you but the question still stands. Would Spaniards be tolerant of LH being teammates with FA versus lets say a MW or a SV etc etc? That was in response to "Spaniards hating LH like no other" post. Looking for feedback from people who have lived or stayed in Spain for a prolong period of time. So lets have it... if LH became FA's teammate would it float well with Spaniards?

And BTW, I feel that FA truley kicks butt on the track. He's probably going to be 2012 WDC. Just saying that in case you thought I was some sort of LH butt humper. Granted, its going to be interesting to see LH climb out of the hole he either dug himself into or was thrown into (depending on how you want to view LH).
      Last edited by alomI wolleY iTG; 08-04-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Vehicles
      09-22-2012 07:44 PM #148
      Quote Originally Posted by alomI wolleY iTG View Post
      Removed it just for you but the question still stands. Would Spaniards be tolerant of LH being teammates with FA versus lets say a MW or a SV etc etc? That was in response to "Spaniards hating LH like no other" post. Looking for feedback from people who have lived or stayed in Spain for a prolong period of time. So lets have it... if LH became FA's teammate would it float well with Spaniards?

And BTW, I feel that FA truley kicks butt on the track. He's probably going to be 2012 WDC. Just saying that in case you thought I was some sort of LH butt humper. Granted, its going to be interesting to see LH climb out of the hole he either dug himself into or was thrown into (depending on how you want to view LH).
      What about Germans?

9. Member
      Vehicles
      09-22-2012 08:11 PM #149
      What about Germans?
      Imo, the Spanish that booed Ham are passionate about their Countryman. Not necessarily racist, like people are quick to suggest.
      I don't believe the Germans are either. Then again, they would not give a rat's arse about Zo's and Hamilton's previous stint at Macca.

Vehicles
      09-22-2012 08:35 PM #150
      Imo, the Spanish that booed Ham are passionate about their Countryman. Not necessarily racist, like people are quick to suggest.
      I don't believe the Germans are either. Then again, they would not give a rat's arse about Zo's and Hamilton's previous stint at Macca.
      You know where I was going with that....

I really could care less about the racist crap. I was (A) wanting to resurrect the Hamilton topic and (B) continue the debate about where Hamilton may end up (ie. potentially as a teammate to Rosberg....or Schumacher....or BOTH......Germans!!)...

Lame attempt at a segue?

11. Member
      Vehicles
      09-22-2012 10:12 PM #151
      I actually like the idea of Hamilton to Mercedes, but with Schumacher rather than The Rosberg.
      Ham and the Ros should just swap seats.
      Alonso says that Ham is the only (other) driver than can win a championship with a sub par car.

Vehicles
      04 R32 02 WRX
      09-23-2012 12:57 AM #152
      I actually like the idea of Hamilton to Mercedes, but with Schumacher rather than The Rosberg.
      Alonso says that Ham is the only (other) driver than can win a championship with a sub par car.
      I'd be ok with this move if Mercedes can produce a turbo car that's competitive. Ever since that chassis faded during Button's WDC season it's been eeking onto the podium at best.

While I agree with Alonso, it's exponentially more difficult to win the title. But maybe it would be to cool to see if Lewis can really live up to that ability?

13. 09-23-2012 02:38 PM #153
      Quote Originally Posted by alomI wolleY iTG View Post

VERY Bad idea...it's beyond just racisim, and yes, visit regularly, and have stayed for some time there...

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      09-24-2012 10:35 AM #154
      Do you really think Schumi has another yr of commitment in him? I can see him segway into an adviser role with Mercedes. I can see Hammie being teammates with Nico rather than Schumi at Mercedes and either Heikki or Di Resta at McLaren. I'm note sure if Ferrari would allow Perez to drive for McLaren, but you never know.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      09-24-2012 12:30 PM #155
      Quote Originally Posted by wiredvw View Post
      Do you really think Schumi has another yr of commitment in him?
      Not after Sunday's faux pas!

16. 09-24-2012 01:17 PM #156
      MS needs to gtfo of F1.

17. 09-26-2012 02:07 PM #157
      Unh Oh! C. Brezzy tasting Nicole throat?

http://globalgrind.com/entertainment...?gpage=0&#gtop

Poor Hammy!

18. Member
      Vehicles
      09-26-2012 02:43 PM #158
      OH SNAP! His Championship is definitely over now!

Quote Originally Posted by Kidstar View Post

Poor Hammy!

Vehicles
      04 R32 02 WRX
      09-26-2012 03:25 PM #159
      Oh Snap is right! She's a **** anyway.

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      09-26-2012 03:46 PM #160
      Quote Originally Posted by Kidstar View Post

Poor Hammy!
      Remember him telling everyone he needs to surround himself with a good support system? Well that backfired...again.

Vehicles
      2010 Golf GTI
      09-27-2012 09:22 PM #161
      Reports are that Hammy will announce his move to Mercedes tomorrow.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      09-27-2012 09:23 PM #162
      Twitter boards are starting to get pretty busy. Ham in, Schu out. Perez to Macca. Nothing official, yet.

Vehicles
      2002 BMW 325i SE
      09-27-2012 09:34 PM #163

24. Member
      Vehicles
      09-27-2012 09:48 PM #164
      If he can win a championship with Mercedes in the next three years, he'll gain my respect.

Vehicles
      Oldsmobile Intrigue
      09-27-2012 10:48 PM #165
      SpeedTV.com

F1: Hamilton Expected To Be Confirmed By Mercedes Race Team
      British newspapers report that the F1 star will be added to the Anglo-German team on Friday, with no word on Schumacher’s future.

"British newspapers the Daily Mail and the Daily Telegraph are both reporting tonight that Lewis Hamilton will be confirmed tomorrow as a Mercedes driver from 2013.

In conjunction with that will come news of Michael Schumacher leaving the Anglo-German team – but whether that is for a final retirement or a swansong elsewhere remains to be seen.

The move will reunite Hamilton with his former karting team mate and F3 rival Nico Rosberg.

The Daily Mail says that he will have a deal worth £15m ($2.43 million) a year, with bonuses on top. And as has been widely discussed, he will have more freedom to earn from personal sponsorship deals.

While many have been sceptical in recent weeks, a move to Mercedes always seemed like a worthwhile choice for Hamilton – if a little risky.

Although the team’s results this year have been disappointing since the win in China, the potential of the outfit remains huge. Under Ross Brawn’s guidance, the stellar technical team of Bob Bell, Aldo Costa and Geoff Willis came together too late to have a proper impact in this season, but it should pay dividends next year, and especially as F1 makes the transition to the turbo era in 2014. Hamilton is undoubtedly convinced that, working with Brawn, he can make the difference.

For Mercedes hiring Hamilton is a massive PR coup and also relieves the pressure on the team from the Stuttgart board, who now have one of the very best drivers on the grid and some good motivation to sign the new Concorde and stay in the sport.

As noted, it's not entirely clear whether Schumacher's second retirement will be confirmed. If it is, the question will be whether he jumped or was pushed. He recently attended the young driver test at Magny-Cours, which was not the action of someone coasting towards retirement.

However, his Singapore crash, which received widespread criticism, could not have been more poorly timed.

Schumacher is believed to have a contract that pays him a huge sum to stay on in an ambassadorial role should he stop driving, but he didn’t enjoy a similar experience with Ferrari, and he could yet be hungry for more.

McLaren is now looking for a replacement, with Sergio Perez and Force India drivers Paul Di Resta and Nico Hulkenberg among the obvious candidates. A seven-times World Champion is also available...
      North American Grand Prix (NAGP) - Sim Racing League
      http://northamericangp.com/index.php...tpage&Itemid=1

Vehicles
      Oldsmobile Intrigue
      09-27-2012 10:50 PM #166
      I think McLaren with will go with Di Resta. Keeping with the traditional British drivers team.
      North American Grand Prix (NAGP) - Sim Racing League
      http://northamericangp.com/index.php...tpage&Itemid=1

Vehicles
      09-27-2012 11:02 PM #167
      If he can win a championship with Mercedes in the next three years, he'll gain my respect.
      Difficult to decipher the real motivation for the move. Unlikely for the money IMO. (am I naive?)

Is it possible that he wants to prove to himself (and critics) that without Dad....and with the Macca umbilical cord finally severed, he is capable of winning?.....that he can help build a team around him like Schumacher and Alonso have done?

Only time will tell I suppose.

Vehicles
      2004 Audi S4, 08 Wolfy
      09-28-2012 12:33 AM #168
      Holy Shyte! Ross must have either called in some bets to get that deal done or Hamilton is really done with McLaren and the bad luck.
      Perez really stands to gain the most if he goes to McLaren IMHO. If he can put the sauber on the podium, then imagine what he can do at McLaren!
      Wonder if HK will go to sauber so that MS can still have a ride at caterham and not feel so bad about the less than stellar race results he has been getting all season?

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      09-28-2012 02:48 AM #169
      I doubt he will, unless Merc makes some ,major strides w/ their car. I'm really surprised that he wrote off the rest of this season though. Sure, he's had some bad luck lately, but he was by no means out of the fight. I agree that MS needs to go, and go NOW, but this move surprises me w/ Ham. If there's one thing he's shown that he's not, it is patient. I can't see him being satisfied spending the rest of this year, and probably most of next, in a development mode. The word that always jumps to mind when I try to think of a good descriptor for him, is impetuous. But that's part of why he is who he is.

Vehicles
      09-28-2012 09:10 AM #170
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Racer View Post
      ..... The word that always jumps to mind when I try to think of a good descriptor for him, is impetuous. But that's part of why he is who he is.
      I'll buy that....

The analogy that I'm thinking is that of a teen/young adult finally moving out of his/her parents' house and going out into the world with the intention of proving to himself and others that he/she is capable and mature enough to succeed and acheive greatness without the parental support (ie. McLaren, RD, etc..)...

Well, there goes all my McLaren "stuff."

I'll presume that the proceeds gained from any future Mercedes paraphernalia purchases in my household will be going towards Hammie's salary huh?

31. 09-28-2012 09:18 AM #171
      I think that Martin Whitmarsh and Lewis didn't see eye to eye and Lewis had another team that wanted him badly so it just made sense for him to get away from an uncomfortable situation. Stupid of Mclaren to let egos get in the way they just lost a major talent that they brought up and gifted all that to another team. I don't think it would have got to this point with Ron in charge.

Vehicles
      09-28-2012 09:27 AM #172
      Austrian Niki Lauda, a triple world champion who retired in 1985 and is close to Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone as well as commentating for German television, will join the Mercedes team as a non-executive chairman of the board.

What's up with that??

Wasn't there a recent quote of Lauda stating that Hamilton was going to stay with McLaren??

Sure appears that Mercedes is assembling a staff of in-house therapists for Hammie..... Schumacher (if he stays).....Lauda (apparently a definite).....Ross Brawn (Heh-loooooooooooooow)....

Talk about "SILLY SEASON"!!!!!

....more like "Funny Farm"........ at Mercedes...

Aye Ya Yaaaaaaaye...... I can only imagine the jokes that will ensue. As if we thought the Hamilton/Sutil jokes were funny enough??? Rosberg "The Hair"....and Hammie??? Uh oh....

33. 09-28-2012 09:31 AM #173
      The interesting thing that remains is how Lewis/Mclaren will finish this season?

Vehicles
      04 R32 02 WRX
      09-28-2012 09:49 AM #174
      Perez in at McLaren!
      Last edited by Sump; 09-28-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      09-28-2012 09:59 AM #175
      I'll buy that....

The analogy that I'm thinking is that of a teen/young adult finally moving out of his/her parents' house and going out into the world with the intention of proving to himself and others that he/she is capable and mature enough to succeed and acheive greatness without the parental support (ie. McLaren, RD, etc..)...

Well, there goes all my McLaren "stuff."

I'll presume that the proceeds gained from any future Mercedes paraphernalia purchases in my household will be going towards Hammie's salary huh?
      Just said the same thing in another thread. Time move on even if it means take a few punches along the way. I'm not sure if Ron Dennis could have convinced him to stay either. Mercedes for all their talk of pulling out of F1 because they are not on the board with Bernie certainly seem to be doubling down.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast