Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Keyless Entry For Corrado...how to w/ P&P Kit

Vehicles
      ?txen s'tahw rednow s'odar owt denwo
      06-03-2009 12:46 PM #51
      Quote, originally posted by vdubjim »
      Dont read "into" my diagram at all, take it as it says. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

gotha [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      93 corrado, 93 Cabby, 09 TDI Jetta
      06-03-2009 03:24 PM #52
      So, if you don't have outside lock cylinders, and your battery goes dead, you have no way into the car to pop the hood to replace the battery??? I can see doing this on a keyed car, but you don't have much in the way of options if something goes wrong...or can you still unlock the truck manually and crawl through?
      Tuco, there are two kinds of people in this world...the ones with loaded guns, and the ones who dig. You dig. - Eastwood

93 Cabby 09 Jetta TDI 93 Corrado S/C

3. 06-03-2009 04:31 PM #53
      Yes, crawl through the hatch. haha, i did it once already lol

Vehicles
      92 Corrado VRT
      06-04-2009 10:58 PM #54
      Zach, your wheels suck and I hate you for having them.
      Actually you made me want to polish my centers and I'm not looking forward to it so that's why I hate you, cuz now I have to do it after seeing yours. You Keyless system is dope. After seeing it in person, I am dying to do it. I just have tons of other projects to do right now, but be sure I saved this page for sure. Keep your eyes peeled for a little suttin suttin I will be posting in a month or so.

5. 06-04-2009 11:01 PM #55
      Rclick indicated P&P harness wll be in stock again in 4-6 weeks. So, I patiently wait... They asked if I wanted the non-P&P, I said "Nope, I'll wait for the P&P harnesses to arrive". [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

6. 06-05-2009 09:36 AM #56
      Quote, originally posted by cstanley19 »
      Zach, your wheels suck and I hate you for having them.
      Actually you made me want to polish my centers and I'm not looking forward to it so that's why I hate you, cuz now I have to do it after seeing yours. You Keyless system is dope. After seeing it in person, I am dying to do it. I just have tons of other projects to do right now, but be sure I saved this page for sure. Keep your eyes peeled for a little suttin suttin I will be posting in a month or so.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
      Thanks man!
      Well i can say that you are in for it, and need to invest in a power cone by Mothers. Its the only way not polish the spoke innards by hand which you will still have to do every now and then.
      Wouldnt be so bad if I didnt daily the car.
      As for the keyless, apparently they make the harness from scratch and that is the reason why they dont have any in stock cause we vortexers cleared them out.

7. 06-05-2009 10:04 AM #57
      does that mean a group buy of at least 10 or more for the lower price?

£36.95
      10+ £29.95

savings of 11.39...or was i supposed to post it?

Modified by Z-Raddo G60 at 9:09 AM 6-5-2009

8. 06-05-2009 10:49 PM #58
      Too late, I already have two in transit... Or so today's email said.

06-06-2009 11:06 PM #59
      Great write up!
      I just ordered one, we will see if I get a shipping notification!
      I hope so!
      Byler-

10. 06-08-2009 11:29 PM #60
      Quote, originally posted by MByler1 »
      I just ordered one, we will see if I get a shipping notification!

You ought to, mine arrived via FedEx today.
      There's a little trick to making the P&P plugs work on a G60. I guess they chaned the harness plug out from the central locking pump at some point in later years. I'll describe what I had to do to make the plug fit into the control unit.
      I found I had to cut off the two guide key tabs on the long side of the connector by pins #1 and 11. Then I had to cut off the side locking clip next to pin #11 (because the stock plug had a peg on that end of the connector). The stock plug actually fits into the female end of the P&P harness, you just need to be sure you attach the side with the tab to the side of the plug labeled #1 & #2, and put the peg end of the plug near pins #11 & 12.
      From what I can tell bench testing it on my kitchen table, it seems to work as advertised even from the other corner of my little house. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

06-09-2009 07:22 AM #61
      Quote, originally posted by where_2 »
      You ought to, mine arrived via FedEx today.
      There's a little trick to making the P&P plugs work on a G60. I guess they chaned the harness plug out from the central locking pump at some point in later years. I'll describe what I had to do to make the plug fit into the control unit.
      I found I had to cut off the two guide key tabs on the long side of the connector by pins #1 and 11. Then I had to cut off the side locking clip next to pin #11 (because the stock plug had a peg on that end of the connector). The stock plug actually fits into the female end of the P&P harness, you just need to be sure you attach the side with the tab to the side of the plug labeled #1 & #2, and put the peg end of the plug near pins #11 & 12.
      From what I can tell bench testing it on my kitchen table, it seems to work as advertised even from the other corner of my little house. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

I just got the shipping notification today! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Thanks for the extra install tips! It will help.
      Byler-

12. 06-15-2009 04:02 PM #62
      Nice guys...so how are the installs going? Anyone else doing the relay for the windows?

Vehicles
      '92 Corrado SLC; '01 Audi A4 1.8TQ
      06-16-2009 11:52 AM #63
      How is the quality of the remotes that come with this?
      Great write-up! Thanks.

14. 06-16-2009 12:21 PM #64
      Decent, cant really complain with only a cost of $70.00 for the kit though...

15. 06-17-2009 09:09 PM #65
      Quote, originally posted by 84GTI »
      How is the quality of the remotes that come with this?

The remote could be a spitting image of my MkV remotes (almost), and may get used for replacement housing parts should I ever have a failure of one of my MkV remotes.
      I may order up one of the BMW style remotes to use in the Corrado since the flip-key sticks out so far. I'll probably order a few more VW emblems to replace my MkV scratched metal units. I thought I was doing that in my original order, but I only received 4 emblems.
      I will say, in comparison to my MkV remotes, the Rclick unit is lighter by a few ounces. There's definitely some heftiness to the OEM VW Flip-key that isn't in the Rclick. Not sure if it's the battery, or the electronics inside, or the plastic housing or a combination of all those things. The OEM is definitely heavier.

As for the 1990 Corrado install, I haven't moved the battery from my resto-Corrado to my WIP Corrado. It didn't dawn on me to test the locks beforehand on this new to me resto-Corrado. When I P&P the unit in my resto-Corrado, it didn't actually work. So, it dawned on me to test the locks straight. When I tested the locks straight they didn't work, so I can't blame the P&P kit... I haven't had a chance to test it in the WIP Corrado whose locks are known to function. I know the pump functions on the resto-Corrado because I had that working on the kitchen table in the house. With no vacuum hoses connected, the pump runs for 25-30 seconds before it times out. Hitting the remote button again runs the pump again...
      It also dawned on me that if I could find a "brain" from a Mk2 delayed overhead linterior ight, I could use the "brain" to sense the negative ground trigger and leave a timed positive output, thereby replacing the relay that Wzach used. I think I still have one of those somewhere in a box of VW parts...

Vehicles
      92 Corrado SLC ,Couple Parts Cars, 88 Jeep Comanche & Whatever else comes my way
      07-07-2009 08:57 AM #66
      Any Updates?
      Link for the actual plug and play kit?
      Ive Owned 26+ Corrado's so far...
      6 Of them I have Daily Driven for well over a year each....
      6 Of them were used to save others.....
      & 14 Of them I have saved/fixed and Resold......
      More to come!

17. 07-07-2009 09:17 AM #67
      First post... [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] Pics are being reloaded. sorry guys.

Vehicles
      1993 Corrado, 2001 Allroad
      07-10-2009 12:39 PM #68
      any luck on fixing the pikterz?
      my kit finally arrived yesterday... [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emgift.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      92 Corrado SLC ,Couple Parts Cars, 88 Jeep Comanche & Whatever else comes my way
      07-11-2009 08:39 PM #69
      How long on the pix.... Bump!
      More to come!

20. 07-11-2009 09:41 PM #70
      Quote, originally posted by Sir Bungle »
      any luck on fixing the pikterz?
      my kit finally arrived yesterday... [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Quote, originally posted by Vr6CoRRadO420 »
      How long on the pix.... Bump!

Pictarz ar werkin. thanks for hanging in there.

Vehicles
      07-19-2009 10:03 PM #71
      Quote, originally posted by wzach »

Pictarz ar werkin. thanks for hanging in there.

thanks, but now i just need the plug and play kit witch seem to be unavailable...
      More to come!

Vehicles
      ?txen s'tahw rednow s'odar owt denwo
      07-24-2009 02:12 PM #72
      fail... just hooked mine up, seems they sent me the wrong box also. now i gots ta send back the fob's and the box back to the uk........suck

23. 07-24-2009 02:14 PM #73
      that sux man, HOPE. we haz it.

24. 07-25-2009 01:43 AM #74
      Makes me glad I tested mine on the dining room table when it first arrived. (although, come to think of it, I only tested one of the two I bought).

10-01-2009 05:27 PM #75
      They have some more of these in stock!
      I just ordered another!
      Byler-

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast