Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Keyless Entry For Corrado...how to w/ P&P Kit

Vehicles
      92 Corrado SLC ,Couple Parts Cars, 88 Jeep Comanche & Whatever else comes my way
      07-19-2009 10:03 PM #71
      Quote, originally posted by wzach »

Pictarz ar werkin. thanks for hanging in there.

thanks, but now i just need the plug and play kit witch seem to be unavailable...

Ive Owned 26+ Corrado's so far...
      6 Of them I have Daily Driven for well over a year each....
      6 Of them were used to save others.....
      & 14 Of them I have saved/fixed and Resold......
      More to come!

Vehicles
      ?txen s'tahw rednow s'odar owt denwo
      07-24-2009 02:12 PM #72
      fail... just hooked mine up, seems they sent me the wrong box also. now i gots ta send back the fob's and the box back to the uk........suck

3. 07-24-2009 02:14 PM #73
      that sux man, HOPE. we haz it.

4. 07-25-2009 01:43 AM #74
      Makes me glad I tested mine on the dining room table when it first arrived. (although, come to think of it, I only tested one of the two I bought).

10-01-2009 05:27 PM #75
      They have some more of these in stock!

I just ordered another!

Byler-

10-02-2009 07:32 AM #76
      just ordered this - my old alarm/cl stopped working a few weeks ago - using a key to open doors seems wrong somehow

7. 10-02-2009 10:16 AM #77
      This kit REQUIRES THE FACTORY ALARM AND CENTRAL LOCKING TO STILL BE IN PLACE.
      Please be aware if you have yanked that out for another alarm/ central locking system.

Vehicles
      92' Corrado SLC, 98' A4 quattro 2.8', 2002 Audi A6 avant 3.0
      10-03-2009 11:19 PM #78
      Thanks for you post on this. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to get the windows up function to work. I just got the system installed and was thinking, I'll wait till I can get on a forum and find out how to get that to work. Where can a person get a relay like that. I have no idea where to find one?

Modified by StolemyCorrado at 8:21 PM 10-3-2009

Vehicles
      92' Corrado SLC, 98' A4 quattro 2.8', 2002 Audi A6 avant 3.0
      10-03-2009 11:19 PM #79
      they are available again.... for a short while. I'd order yours quick!

Modified by StolemyCorrado at 8:25 PM 10-3-2009

10. 10-04-2009 02:40 AM #80
      relays are available at any parts store. ask for a 4 pin universal relay.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      '10 WE, 96 JetTa, couple corrados & randoms
      10-07-2009 11:09 PM #81
      have u finished the install on ur yet? Just wanted to see if there were any huge differences from the 92 an 93

12. 10-08-2009 12:19 AM #82
      only difference is the 93 roof closes with the relay wired up to close the windows. 92 and under does not.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      '10 WE, 96 JetTa, couple corrados & randoms
      10-08-2009 12:08 PM #83
      wonder if i can wire that in , b/c randomly the driver dr latch is broken, no seat belts or mirrors wtf. Keyless would make me feel alot better

14. 10-08-2009 12:17 PM #84
      you need the roof motor from a 93 or later, and the harness that ties that motor to the central locking.
      i do wish you luck.

15. 10-23-2009 04:37 PM #85
      Bump and another piece of useful information.

When locking the car using the kit, if you attempt to unlock before the alarm sets (oem alarm) it will not unlock the doors.
      Simply relock the car, wait for the red light to move to the short pulse and then hit the unlock button again. (long pulse when first locked, set position will be the fast short pulse of the red led light on the drives side door)

It will usually take about 20 seconds for the system to reset and allow the doors to open.

If you cannot wait, crawl in through the hatch and unlock the doors. haha

Modified by wzach at 7:24 PM 10-23-2009

Vehicles
      Corrado VR6, Golf MK2 Syncro
      11-18-2009 02:29 PM #86
      Exactly what I want to do! Thanks for the DIY!

But I have a 92 VR6 without sunroof and no OEM alarm...

Do I need the relay then?

Vehicles
      Corrado SLC, Audi A8 QUATTRO
      11-18-2009 02:38 PM #87
      Thanks!
      And you will only need the relay if you wish to roll up the windows when pressing the lock button. Or if you have delocked handles.
      |Corrado SLC 2.9LVR6|Corrado Keyless Entry | A8 "Grape Ape" | SPOONFEDTUNING |FOURSEASONTUNING|DUBNUTZ|
      Quote Originally Posted by pileofredparts View Post
      Do you guys remember the time that Ryan kid started mixing and matching rods and end caps and then his motor wouldnt turn over? I do

Vehicles
      Corrado VR6, Golf MK2 Syncro
      11-18-2009 02:45 PM #88
      Okey! That exactly what I needed to know!

So any universal relay will work?

Then there will be no problems!! AWESOME!

Vehicles
      11-18-2009 02:49 PM #89
      yup, 4 pin relay. good luck
      |Corrado SLC 2.9LVR6|Corrado Keyless Entry | A8 "Grape Ape" | SPOONFEDTUNING |FOURSEASONTUNING|DUBNUTZ|
      Do you guys remember the time that Ryan kid started mixing and matching rods and end caps and then his motor wouldnt turn over? I do

Vehicles
      01-19-2010 02:32 PM #90
      Ok, im getting a lot of noobs asking questions via pm on where can they get this kit......

Look, if the right click is sold out, it is beause they are making new harnesses for the plug and play kit. I do not work for them, nor am I paid by them for my work so please understand my frustrations on this.

Please either go with the universal unit, and use vdubjim's wiring diagram found in this thread to do the universal kit, or suck it up, and wait for the harnesses to be made by rightclick.

Personally, waiting for the plug and play is what I would do in this position.

If you have troubles with the relay set up, that is where I can help.

carry on.

Vehicles
      1994 Corrado
      01-20-2010 05:25 PM #91
      Just an FYI, I've been watching this kit on rightclick waiting for it to come back in stock so I could order it. I had the page bookmarked, and as of today the product page has been deleted.
      It looks like it's no longer going to be available.

Modified by NoCYet at 5:30 PM 1-20-2010
      I do not understand why some coupes make the grade and others do not. Everyone knows, for instance, that the Corrado was as tasty as an East End prize fighter with the looks of a Benetti super-yacht. The four-cylinder was good, but the VR6 was about as close as you could get to Ferraridom without buying a Ferrari. And what happened? You all went to the pub instead. -Jeremy Clarkson-

Vehicles
      01-20-2010 07:42 PM #92
      when i first posted this write up, they sold out in a few days and it took almost 4 months before it was available again.

The link dies when they aren't available, but I would email them and ask if they can take any preorders for these things.

Vehicles
      1994 Corrado
      01-20-2010 09:38 PM #93
      Yeah I did, but I'm not holding my breath...
      I do not understand why some coupes make the grade and others do not. Everyone knows, for instance, that the Corrado was as tasty as an East End prize fighter with the looks of a Benetti super-yacht. The four-cylinder was good, but the VR6 was about as close as you could get to Ferraridom without buying a Ferrari. And what happened? You all went to the pub instead. -Jeremy Clarkson-

Vehicles
      1993 Volkswagen Corrado SLC
      01-29-2010 09:46 AM #94
      I've been following this thread for awhile, but nothing to contribute till now, so..

I went ahead and contacted Rightclick about the PNP harness and got this response in an email this morning:

Hi;

Thank you for your email…

Plug-n-Play; we currently out of stock... we should have stock in 4-8weeks...

The ke669-ultimate has more options & functions than the pp60... the pp60 is only for lock and unlock! You can actually use our ke669-ultimate instead...

Our KE669-ULTIMATE is the latest model... and it has more function than the pp60.... pp is only for lock/unlock every thing else still needs to be connected...

Thanks,
      http://www.rclick.co.uk

Just a time frame in case anyone's tired of refreshing the page every day like I am.

Vehicles
      1994 Corrado
      01-29-2010 04:58 PM #95
      I got almost the exact same reply from them about a month ago, only the time frame was two to four weeks.

26. 01-29-2010 06:04 PM #96
      Been watching the rightclick web page for the P&P kit. Now it's gone.

Anyone know of a good alternative?

I drive two makes of automobile: Toyota and VW. Both are like women--except Toyota's are the ones you marry and VW's are the ones you mess around with!

Vehicles
      01-29-2010 07:56 PM #97
      if you are looking for an alternative, please start a different thread as I wish to mainitain this one for only one type of system to limit trouble shooting and relay wiring quetions pertaining to this unit.
      Thank you.

For those who wish to use this:
      http://www.rclick.co.uk/produc...d=671
      pg 2 of this thread is the wiring diagram needed to use the universal harness. These are in stock.

28. 01-29-2010 10:42 PM #98
      Quote, originally posted by NoCYet »
      I got almost the exact same reply from them about a month ago, only the time frame was two to four weeks.

I got a similar response when I ordered mine at a point when Rclick was out of stock of the P&P harnesses. I politely responded with an email and specifically stated that I would patiently await a batch of the P&P harnesses, and they could ship my order when the P&P harnesses were available. A few weeks later, I got an email that my kits were being shipped.

Rclick probably still doesn't know why there was such a boost in interest in this particular product for a vehicle series long out of production...

Vehicles
      91/vw/corrado with vr6 swap
      02-06-2010 10:46 AM #99
      What's the model number for this particular kit bud

Vehicles
      02-06-2010 01:49 PM #100
      sorry PAL,

Im not sure of that and since the sold out status you cannot pull up the web page with it.

Vehicles
      1993 Volkswagen Corrado SLC
      02-06-2010 03:23 PM #101
      From the dead link, it's listed as PP02-60W. I dont know if that's just their inventory number, or if it'll even help.

Vehicles
      02-06-2010 03:31 PM #102
      That sounds right.

Vehicles
      07-01-2010 05:22 AM #103
      holy hell...BUMP.

Vehicles
      06-24-2011 03:53 PM #104
      I got new Key Housings:

And still need to wire up the trunk pop.

I have worse ADHD than "EurosportGTI" Adam and am doing too many different projects on this car.

Vehicles
      92 Corrado SLC, 98 Jetta GL
      08-31-2011 07:10 PM #105
      rightclick has just restocked the plug and play harness for anyone who wants one.. i just ordered one

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast