Finished sanding down the GTI and started the repair on the pass side rear fender. Put the rear suspension in and the cars finally back on the ground.
Tomorrow's more body work so that next week I can shoot the primer
Fixed my downpipe - one loose nut and one missing nut at the turbo
(I thought I heard a small exhaust leak the other day)
Fixed my valve cover breather - the grommet was ripped
(stole one off one of my spares here in the garage)
Removed my fans from under the hood - don't need these anymore since I fixed the oil leak
(used these to blow down so when I pulled to a stop sign or a set of lights burning oil smoke didn't billow from my hood)
Hooked my blower motor back up in case the windows are fogged up tonight after work
(I was using the power for the blower motor to power my fans)
Drove over too many goddamn bumps and sh*t all over Detroilet. The road I use to get to i75 is riddled with speed-bump grade bumps that take up several lanes and beat the living f*ck out of my suspension when it was stock. Now it's lowered, and absolute murder, even when going slow.
I need to go an inch lower.
fixed a boost leak
took it for a rip and.. err.. ripped open a new boost leak
i've got to wait a bit until i can pinpoint this one, although it sounds like it's after the intercooler
installed an Alpine tape deck i found at a parts yard
the LCD's numbers are messed up so it looks like alien language, and i'm not crazy about the green lighting, but the tape deck part works, so i'm fine with it for now
sounds good too
replaced a soft vacuum hose to the brake booster with a stiffer one
now my brakes feel stiffer, hooray
also, ate half a bag of nibs in it
just got my front dust boots and hd bump stops, rear bumps, rear upper poly shock mounts, and tie rod ends in.
i've been saveing up a-arms with bushings, ball joints, upper front strut mounts, wheel bearings kits, hubs, cv axles and 12 new bolts, koni oranges (fronts are already installed in my strut housings), and 2 freashly painted tuna cans .
my h&r springs will be here monday, now all i need is one of those $90 front brake kits with vented rotors and red box pads from gap, infact everything except the koni's and h&r's above has come from gap (plus way more) , gota love um.
i cant wait to button up this stage in the cars progress, 30 year old suspension rides and handels like crap and clanks over every bump, this should be a vast improvement .
"Exactly! You should have to wear that badge of dishonor like a scarlet letter. A big 'A' for adulterating this forum with your mk4 filth lol."
started in on preshoot prep: sanded and spot primed the rubthroughs on the right side. Hoping to finish the rest of the sand and prime tomorrow, minus the one dent in front of the left rear wheel, which is waiting for my body hammer/anvil/spoon set and gun to come back from my buddy, who's driving his miata in laguna seca this weekend. With any luck, by next weekend I'll have settled on the color and bought that, so I can fix the dent, apply the filler and shoot the car then.
Hi, btw. used to be a regular in the mk2 forum, but got rid of that car a while ago, and just picked up the 89 Cabby, so here I am. I'd have posted in the Cabby forum but it seems a lot more dead than in here, and well, 89 is still a mk1 .
got it ready for a trip down to the coast and see some BIG trees. Installed my rebuilt vacuum pump, and now have better than new brakes. also did a fuel filter, and a coolant flush/fill. gonna go clean it right now. thanks again 2mAn for dropping off the seats(at five in the morning on sat)