Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 265 of 337 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315 ... LastLast
    Results 9,241 to 9,275 of 11774

    Thread: THE OFFICIAL SPOTTED THREAD V1.3

    1. 05-02-2012 10:41 PM #9241
      Quote Originally Posted by steve2gtis View Post
      173Kw and 100kg lighter? Bring it!
      This.
      El Paso? I spent a month there one night.

    2. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2004
      Posts
      21,574
      05-02-2012 10:57 PM #9242
      Quote Originally Posted by Ken VAG View Post
      Would 173kw do?
      Is it really lighter too? And is it true that the R will get the 5 cylinder turbo? Please say it is so!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

    3. Member XXX 1.8T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2002
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      8,843
      Vehicles
      1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe //// 1968 Audi F103 75L //// 2009 VW Passat R36 Wagon
      05-03-2012 02:49 AM #9243
      Quote Originally Posted by IML337 View Post
      The Australian car industry can lick my sweaty balls. The Government props that joke of an industry up for no valid reason. If you look at how many jobs they've saved with the roughly $600 million they've pumped into it in the last decade or so, the cost per job is extremely high. Bordering on ridiculous. The industry might boast that their design staff in Australia are contributing by designing cars for foreign markets, but I'd be willing to bet the only reason they are employing designers in Aus to do that work is because the Govt is practically giving them buckets of money to do it.

      The world has changed. The UK didn't collapse at the knees when its car industry largely disappeared. Australia won't either.

      The Government should spend hundreds of millions of dollars on helping the workers become sustainable in other industries, rather than pissing it into the wind like they currently are.
      this countrys stuffed!

      ive had a gut full!

    4. Senior Member Lima's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 26th, 2002
      Location
      Canberra, Australia
      Posts
      30,491
      Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      05-03-2012 03:12 AM #9244
      Quote Originally Posted by IML337 View Post
      The Australian car industry can lick my sweaty balls. The Government props that joke of an industry up for no valid reason. If you look at how many jobs they've saved with the roughly $600 million they've pumped into it in the last decade or so, the cost per job is extremely high. Bordering on ridiculous. The industry might boast that their design staff in Australia are contributing by designing cars for foreign markets, but I'd be willing to bet the only reason they are employing designers in Aus to do that work is because the Govt is practically giving them buckets of money to do it.

      The world has changed. The UK didn't collapse at the knees when its car industry largely disappeared. Australia won't either.

      The Government should spend hundreds of millions of dollars on helping the workers become sustainable in other industries, rather than pissing it into the wind like they currently are.


      Also...

      @JoshuaDowling April new-car sales: Holden Commodore second-lowest result on record. Ford Falcon outsold by Ranger ute, Focus small car and Territory SUV.

    5. Senior Member J-Tim's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 26th, 2000
      Location
      Kangaroo-infested Austria
      Posts
      31,873
      Vehicles
      German/American/French
      05-03-2012 03:32 AM #9245
      Quote Originally Posted by Lima View Post


      Also...

      @JoshuaDowling April new-car sales: Holden Commodore second-lowest result on record. Ford Falcon outsold by Ranger ute, Focus small car and Territory SUV.
      What about taxi cabs ? Surely, majority of Ford sales end up being driven by Apu.
      The gloves are off, the wisdom teeth are out
      What you on about ?

    6. 05-03-2012 11:20 AM #9246
      spotted near work - 2 brothers got 2 458's, one white, one red.
      they've had them for about 6mnths now, and really were fumbling their way around with the gearbox going up and down on it's own accord......
      but now they have finally learnt how to drive them sort-of properly, and are getting some wicked sounds out of them. they are used daily.
      the white one looks a bit gay, but the red with charcoal rims looks great.
      Last edited by Jim Bookie; 05-03-2012 at 11:22 AM.

    7. 05-03-2012 05:49 PM #9247
      Quote Originally Posted by WAY View Post
      Is it really lighter too? And is it true that the R will get the 5 cylinder turbo? Please say it is so!
      You guys are thinking about the future, right? My current GTI Edition 35 has 173kw... it's the detuned R motor rather than an uptuned GTI motor. Quick too, had a good run home on the a'bahn tonight and I'm still surprised how hard it picks up between 100 and 220.
      Volkswagen Golf GTI Performance | 169TSI | DSG | Limestone Grey | Alcantara + Clark trim | loaded | 18” Austin for summer + 17" Dijon for winter
      Volkswagen Golf Sportsvan Highline | 110TDI | Deep Black Pearl | loaded | 17” Madrid for summer + 16” steelies for winter

    8. Member XXX 1.8T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2002
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      8,843
      Vehicles
      1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe //// 1968 Audi F103 75L //// 2009 VW Passat R36 Wagon
      05-03-2012 08:52 PM #9248
      Hi Ken,

      any goss on a new R36 Passat?

      Ie i saw they just released the Passat R-Line which is like an updated R36 but anything special coming out of Wolfsburg in terms of engine for the Passat?

    9. Member sweatyworker's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2005
      Location
      Melbourne, Australia
      Posts
      5,834
      05-03-2012 11:19 PM #9249
      Quote Originally Posted by J-Tim View Post
      What about taxi cabs ? Surely, majority of Ford sales end up being driven by Apu.

      Speaking of which I saw a guy pull up on Sydney Road last night in an ex Taxi. Toyota Avalon what a ****box that must be lol

      Also they held off the introduction of the BA taxi for at least a year after the passenger model came out. Perhaps they just built a big batch of the old model or run a seperate line?

    10. Senior Member Lima's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 26th, 2002
      Location
      Canberra, Australia
      Posts
      30,491
      Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      05-04-2012 12:21 AM #9250
      Quote Originally Posted by XXX 1.8T View Post
      Hi Ken,

      any goss on a new R36 Passat?

      Ie i saw they just released the Passat R-Line which is like an updated R36 but anything special coming out of Wolfsburg in terms of engine for the Passat?
      R-Line is just a body kit, right?

    11. Member XXX 1.8T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2002
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      8,843
      Vehicles
      1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe //// 1968 Audi F103 75L //// 2009 VW Passat R36 Wagon
      05-04-2012 12:48 AM #9251
      Quote Originally Posted by Lima View Post
      R-Line is just a body kit, right?
      Correct but still uses the R36 engine.

      I hope they come up with a new engine just to make it interesting

    12. Member mdt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 22nd, 2001
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      17,435
      Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      05-04-2012 01:40 AM #9252
      Quote Originally Posted by sweatyworker View Post
      Speaking of which I saw a guy pull up on Sydney Road last night in an ex Taxi. Toyota Avalon what a ****box that must be lol
      Every time I see a former taxi in a car yard, I wonder how cheap they would need to be for people to want to drive them, and conclude that they must pay you to take them away.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

    13. 05-04-2012 06:18 AM #9253
      Wish I did this...


    14. 05-04-2012 07:37 AM #9254
      ^....... or this;

      Last edited by skc; 05-04-2012 at 07:40 AM.

    15. Member R32DBPGenV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2006
      Location
      Cambra
      Posts
      2,396
      Vehicles
      The same as Hux, it's a Cambra Thang
      05-04-2012 07:57 AM #9255
      That was good skc!
      a V8 and N/A

    16. Senior Member Lima's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 26th, 2002
      Location
      Canberra, Australia
      Posts
      30,491
      Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      05-04-2012 09:46 AM #9256
      Both were pretty good.

    17. Member R32DBPGenV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2006
      Location
      Cambra
      Posts
      2,396
      Vehicles
      The same as Hux, it's a Cambra Thang
      05-04-2012 11:32 AM #9257
      An Aston Rapide driving into Canbrra this Arvo, in black. Yes please.
      a V8 and N/A

    18. 05-04-2012 12:08 PM #9258
      really?

    19. Member R32DBPGenV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2006
      Location
      Cambra
      Posts
      2,396
      Vehicles
      The same as Hux, it's a Cambra Thang
      05-04-2012 06:56 PM #9259
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      really?
      Really = yes a rapide
      Really = it looked like four door sex
      a V8 and N/A

    20. Member R32DBPGenV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2006
      Location
      Cambra
      Posts
      2,396
      Vehicles
      The same as Hux, it's a Cambra Thang
      05-04-2012 07:00 PM #9260
      Also, yesterday AM, a black/blue V12 Vantage in Woden.
      a V8 and N/A

    21. Member
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2005
      Location
      The Big Durian
      Posts
      5,009
      05-04-2012 08:28 PM #9261
      I spotted a Rapide leaving the Four Seasons in Sydney last weekend. Excellent soundtrack..

    22. Senior Member Lima's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 26th, 2002
      Location
      Canberra, Australia
      Posts
      30,491
      Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      05-04-2012 09:44 PM #9262

    23. 05-04-2012 10:19 PM #9263
      Quote Originally Posted by R32DBPGenV View Post
      Also, yesterday AM, a black/blue V12 Vantage in Woden.
      this is good.

    24. Member Not Steve's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 28th, 2005
      Posts
      1,368
      Vehicles
      2008 VW R36 wagon.
      05-05-2012 12:59 AM #9264
      Quote Originally Posted by XXX 1.8T View Post
      Correct but still uses the R36 engine.

      I hope they come up with a new engine just to make it interesting
      Wanted: 2.5 litre turbocharged five.

    25. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2004
      Posts
      21,574
      05-05-2012 10:26 PM #9265
      Quote Originally Posted by Not Steve View Post
      Wanted: 2.5 litre turbocharged five.
      I would buy one.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

    26. 05-05-2012 11:10 PM #9266
      I don't get why VAG don't stick the 5 pot turbo motor into a 3dr Golf R, and give it 245's all round with mkIV R32 styled guards. It would have to be viable at ~$75k locally, and surely they'd sell truck loads.

      Oh, and if they could add some feel to the steering so you know what the front end is doing, that'd be nice too.

    27. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2004
      Posts
      21,574
      05-05-2012 11:24 PM #9267
      Quote Originally Posted by skc View Post
      I don't get why VAG don't stick the 5 pot turbo motor into a 3dr Golf R, and give it 245's all round with mkIV R32 styled guards. It would have to be viable at ~$75k locally, and surely they'd sell truck loads.

      Oh, and if they could add some feel to the steering so you know what the front end is doing, that'd be nice too.
      I am with you there. Although I prefer 5 doors for obvious reasons. And Porsche is part of the group, so why can't they have Porsche doing the steering for every one of their cars!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

    28. 05-06-2012 05:28 AM #9268
      Quote Originally Posted by WAY View Post
      I am with you there. Although I prefer 5 doors for obvious reasons. And Porsche is part of the group, so why can't they have Porsche doing the steering for every one of their cars!
      I don't think it is a lack of engineering expertise at VAG. I am certain, that if they wanted to build a car with decent steering they could. The question that I struggle with is why they don't think their customers want it?? Hell, other than my Defender, my Golf R has the worst steering of anything I have ever owned! At the least the Defender steering is deliberately vague, so it you hit a big rut at speed and your not holding the wheel right, your thumbs don't get ripped off.

    29. Member Not Steve's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 28th, 2005
      Posts
      1,368
      Vehicles
      2008 VW R36 wagon.
      05-06-2012 05:58 AM #9269
      Quote Originally Posted by WAY View Post
      I would buy one.
      Me too. I love my R36 but I hope the replacement, if there is one, is more awesome. I won't buy a replacement with the same engine as I have now and I won't buy a replacement with a turbocharged 4. The turbocharged 2.5 or the supercharged 3.0 would be great.

      Really, though, all I need is Audi to make an RS6 that isn't stupidly heavy and me to have enough money to buy it.

      Or two cars


    30. Member sweatyworker's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2005
      Location
      Melbourne, Australia
      Posts
      5,834
      05-06-2012 06:59 AM #9271
      Quote Originally Posted by Not Steve View Post
      Really, though, all I need is Audi to make an RS6 that isn't stupidly heavy and me to have enough money to buy it.

      Or two cars
      R/S3 sedan with the 5 banger turbo out of the TTRS

    31. 05-06-2012 07:16 AM #9272
      Ditto.

    32. 05-06-2012 07:17 AM #9273
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      Ditto.
      sorry bru, deleted gay dong eating image.. but ahhh good times.

    33. 05-06-2012 07:18 AM #9274
      Yeah, understandable lol
      But yeah, what a weaksauce tribute from a fairy.

    34. 05-06-2012 07:19 AM #9275
      Quote Originally Posted by The Pork Hunt View Post
      sorry bru, deleted gay dong eating image.. but ahhh good times.


      If you really hard your heart in it, you'd replicate it in ascii.

    Page 265 of 337 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •