Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Australian specific Motorcycle thread

Vehicles
      '10 Golf GTD
      05-14-2009 10:20 PM #126
      Quote, originally posted by Manny Bothans »
      But dont mind me, carry on.

You're just high off Maccas breaky
      Re the bike pic tho - i'm surprised there's no cover for the underside of the engine... it's probably meant to look like that tho - but it just looks too minimal.
      great looking bike tho [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

VW MKVI Golf GTD - Black | Sunroof | MDi | Manual | RNS-510 | Hyper Silver GTC CX 18" | ChipExpress

2. 05-14-2009 11:18 PM #127
      looks sorta like an azn sweatshop knock-up

3. 05-15-2009 12:21 AM #128
      Quote, originally posted by VDUB2C »
      i'm surprised there's no cover for the underside of the engine... it's probably meant to look like that tho - but it just looks too minimal.

You've never owned anything mechanical from Italy, have you?
      The engine cover bolts would be the first things to wear out. ask any Alfa owner.
      I think it looks ok. Not sure about the advanced girder truss design in the frame, but I guess that is fashion/function...

4. Senior Member
      05-15-2009 01:46 AM #129
      Quote, originally posted by Manny Bothans »
      haha christ somehow i missed the pics in this thread, i dont care how good this bike is, uglys ugly bro. My mind cant fathom the array of mismatched colours, materials, shapes and lines that culminate in this fast moving mess.
      But dont mind me, carry on.

Don't be a hater. We know deep down you like it.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

5. Senior Member
      05-15-2009 02:08 AM #130
      I just came back from a 50km ride. When I bought the Monster, I told myself that I would never ride in the rain as it is far too dangerous with so much low end torque. Anyway, it started raining for a brief while when I was out today. I knew the rain was inevitable, but the urge to ride that thing is too strong! So I have a question. Is there a bike wash sort of place? I don't have the facilities where I live to wash my cars/bikes, so I have to take it somewhere. The bike isn't that dirty yet, but if I keep riding in the rain it will be very quickly. Given I have co-owned 2 bikes and owned 3 myself, would you believe it if I told you that I have never washed a bike before and have no idea where to start or what products to use? True story.

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      05-15-2009 03:17 AM #131
      Does anyone know when is the next Moto GP ? I can't find anything on ebroadcast website.
      Thanks.
      “I would request that my body in death be buried not cremated, so that the energy content contained within it gets returned to the earth, so that flora and fauna can dine upon it, just as I have dined upon flora and fauna during my lifetime” - Neil deGrasse Tyson.

7. Senior Member
      05-15-2009 06:39 AM #132
      It's this weekend...at Le Mans! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      05-15-2009 06:56 AM #133
      Quote, originally posted by WAY »
      It's this weekend...at Le Mans! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

I know that. I am trying to find out when it's going to be shown over here.
      “I would request that my body in death be buried not cremated, so that the energy content contained within it gets returned to the earth, so that flora and fauna can dine upon it, just as I have dined upon flora and fauna during my lifetime” - Neil deGrasse Tyson.

9. 05-15-2009 07:05 AM #134
      sunday ch10 23:10

10. Senior Member
      05-15-2009 07:17 AM #135
      Quote, originally posted by J-Tim »
      I know that. I am trying to find out when it's going to be shown over here.

Oh...11.10pm on Ten HD in Melbourne. Go Casey!

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      05-15-2009 07:45 AM #136
      Thanks guys! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

12. 05-18-2009 01:35 AM #137
      Ok, where is WAY?
      I was expecting another gushing report by now...

13. 05-18-2009 02:06 AM #138
      Quote, originally posted by auR32 »
      Ok, where is WAY?

yeah, it's better than Penthouse Forum. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      the other cool but daggy thing I've noticed about all Way's purchase... and this is really endearing [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] ,... he goes for a cool brand, but not neccesarily the cool product, nor does any of the image fit with Way's own personal image. It all comes off as being nerdy enthusiasm, and very close but no cigar. Sort of like if Danny Zuko from Grease had not been played by John Travolta, instead played by Christopher Walken. He can sing, he can dance, he can look tough, but it wouldn't have worked. I always love Way's threads... he's like the 1980's Knight Rider Fan-Boys who couldn't locate or import an Pontiac Firebird, so would buy Nissan Starions and put the neon strip light between the pop-up head lights. On their own, the Nissan's were cool, but when they tried too hard, they failed. Not epic enough for a Poll thread of course, but enough for a slightly confused "WTF", and then a giggle, and shake of the head.

Modified by Osqar at 7:08 AM 5-18-2009

14. 05-18-2009 02:52 AM #139
      WAY - whatever you do, DONT pressure wash the bike!!!!!
      To clean your bike you need a garage, warm soapy water, sponge, cloth to dry. For the wheels, i whack some prepsolve on a rag and it cleans the gunk off in a jiffy!
      Bikes in the wet are ok, you just need to seriously back off. Ride like you are on a 49cc scooter and stay away from the painted lines!!!! The cyclists on here will tell you how deadly they are!
      As for the MOTO GP i have to say Rossi, Lorenzo, Stoner, Pedrosa are bloody entertaining. I think Lorenzo is an absolute madman which makes him entertaining to watch. Can the Yamaha trailer fit both Rossi's and Lorenzo's ego's on board?
      I can get Hayden is spewing he went to Ducati. Everyone says those bikes are bloody hard to ride, he's gone from a front runner to a no name. Such a shame.

15. Senior Member
      05-18-2009 08:20 AM #140
      Quote, originally posted by Osqar »
      yeah, it's better than Penthouse Forum. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      the other cool but daggy thing I've noticed about all Way's purchase... and this is really endearing [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] ,... he goes for a cool brand, but not neccesarily the cool product, nor does any of the image fit with Way's own personal image. It all comes off as being nerdy enthusiasm, and very close but no cigar. Sort of like if Danny Zuko from Grease had not been played by John Travolta, instead played by Christopher Walken. He can sing, he can dance, he can look tough, but it wouldn't have worked. I always love Way's threads... he's like the 1980's Knight Rider Fan-Boys who couldn't locate or import an Pontiac Firebird, so would buy Nissan Starions and put the neon strip light between the pop-up head lights. On their own, the Nissan's were cool, but when they tried too hard, they failed. Not epic enough for a Poll thread of course, but enough for a slightly confused "WTF", and then a giggle, and shake of the head.

Modified by Osqar at 7:08 AM 5-18-2009

ANother Osqar pearler. Only problem is, Starion is a Mitsubishi and not a Nissan.

16. Senior Member
      05-18-2009 08:43 AM #141
      Quote, originally posted by auR32 »
      Ok, where is WAY?

Funny you should mention that. Today I met my friend Kevin (who owns Driver Dynamics - free plug for him) at St Kilda for a ride down to Mornington for coffee. Kevin brought his 6 month old Suzuki GSX1400 for our little run. My first impression is that this bike is massive! Indeed it is, and blardy heavy.
      Anyway, we had a good squirt here and there and boy is the sound of the Ducati intoxicating. And I haven't even got Termis yet! The lumpy V-twin vibrates through your body each time you twist your right wrist. Some times I feel like I am riding a Harley. Off the light, my Monster is so keen to lift it's front wheels that I am very cautious at traffic lights (err, in looking around for "other traffic" when I take off). One thing that is puzzling me more and more is why is the Monster so unfriendly at below 3000rpm especially when it has mountains of torque. I have heard all sorts of theory but the one that makes most sense is that the tune just isn't right due to the noise and emission standards and you really need to get the Termis and tune to help smooth things out. Good enough reason to get the Termis I say!
      After our long coffee and chit chat, we swapped bikes heading back. What a revelation! How smooth is the 4 cylinder Suzuki! And how easy is it to ride? I reckon a L-plater can ride this thing smoothly and comfortably despite it being 1400cc! One thing surprised me though, and that is the torque. The Suzuki is meant to have some 20 odd nm more than the Ducati, but the Ducati feels much torquer! I don't know if it's because of the vibrations ( ) or because the Ducati is some 60kg lighter. I am guessing the latter. On a road like today's where it is mainly cruising, I would take Kevin's bike over the Ducati. But as Kevin said, riding the Ducati after the Suzuki is like riding a push bike in terms of weight and maneuverability. To me, the difference is like driving a GT3 vs a S600. Whilst the S600 still has the grunt, it is heavy, plush, comfortable, smooth. The GT3 is noisy, hard, light, not that comfortable but shines in it's handling.
      I can see the rationale for the Suzuki, but for me I want a bike that corners, so it isn't my type of bike. But I can see something like that in my garage one day for long cruises. Makes me wonder why people buy cruisers when something like this Suzuki will eat miles so well and can still take corners and probably more comfortable than any cruisers out there? (Ok I have never ridden a cruiser but I just can't imagine anything being as smooth, easy to ride and comfortable as this bike)

17. Senior Member
      05-18-2009 08:47 AM #142
      Quote, originally posted by flogbox »
      WAY - whatever you do, DONT pressure wash the bike!!!!!
      To clean your bike you need a garage, warm soapy water, sponge, cloth to dry. For the wheels, i whack some prepsolve on a rag and it cleans the gunk off in a jiffy!
      Bikes in the wet are ok, you just need to seriously back off. Ride like you are on a 49cc scooter and stay away from the painted lines!!!! The cyclists on here will tell you how deadly they are!
      As for the MOTO GP i have to say Rossi, Lorenzo, Stoner, Pedrosa are bloody entertaining. I think Lorenzo is an absolute madman which makes him entertaining to watch. Can the Yamaha trailer fit both Rossi's and Lorenzo's ego's on board?
      I can get Hayden is spewing he went to Ducati. Everyone says those bikes are bloody hard to ride, he's gone from a front runner to a no name. Such a shame.

So can I hose the bike off after I put the soap on or do I just wipe it off??? (I am assuming the former!). Isn't there a full service bike wash place? Maybe this is a business opportunity for me! Would you pay for someone to wash your bike? If so how much?
      As for Hayden, he was a no name last year on the Honda anyway. I think he finished on the podium like once.

18. 05-18-2009 05:47 PM #143
      way - bring it around to my garage and I''ll wash it for ya hehehehe

19. 05-18-2009 06:43 PM #144
      WAY - I guess you could use a hose but only dribble the water over it. I'm a bit 'eerrrr' when it comes to Italian bikes. Heard to many problems of water getting into places it shouldn't so i use a sponge with a little soap and then wipe over with a towel.
      I used to put WD40 on a shirt and wipe down the F4 to get the dirt off. Worked brilliantly. Not sure if it would be a good thing over 5yrs+ as i heard it can turn the plastics yellow??? For wheels it works great, better than the Prepsolve!
      The GSX1400 is a fNcking fantastic piece of kit! The torque down low is insane, i'm surprised to hear the M11 feels stronger. No wonder you say the front wheel always wants to go skywards!
      My bike riding days on the Ducati could be numbered before they even got into the swing of things...... i've got a problem with my left hand. I know it's vibration related as i had similar problems with the F4 and also a manual labour job many years ago.
      I wake up in the morning and my left index finger feels like it's full of air. I can bend maybe 30% when i wake up, by the end of the day i have full movement as the swelling decreases. This morning however it's quite painful. My knuckles are very sore and my index finger could barely move. I got a lift in the Audi today and i will do so for the rest of the week.
      I think changing to bar end mirrors really kicked off the problem. The stock bar weights are quite heavy, the end mirrors are jatz cracker weight = more vibrations. I was ok before i made the change, now i'm in pain. I'll put the stock weights/mirrors back on and see how things go.
      If that doesn't fix the problem i guess the only sensible thing to do.....would be to give the bike to my wife and GO BIKE SHOPPING!!!! LOL

20. 05-18-2009 07:37 PM #145
      inline 4 Japanese you know it's right.
      Must be now that I'm really used to being a dad, but I've always had a thing for the yamaha fjz1300 with the paniers etc.
      I even dont mind the latest tdm yamaha. Great engine.

21. Senior Member
      05-18-2009 08:10 PM #146
      Flogbox, sorry to hear about your hand! That is not good news. But after riding the GSX1400 yesterday for a fair few kilometres, I dare tell you that something like that will never give you any issue! It is smooth as silk, and no vibration whatsoever. Efficiency at it's best.
      vwlatino, FJR1300 eh? Are we turning into a bunch of middle aged bikers or what? In a few years time, all of us will be riding these type of bikes by the sound of it. We can form our own Ulyses club.

22. 05-22-2009 01:25 AM #147
      I've now got two bikes. LOL, any one wanna buy a 94 CBR 600F?
      My new bike comes via crate next week. **** me, its fast.

Vehicles
      '10 Golf GTD
      05-22-2009 01:30 AM #148
      Quote, originally posted by s8n »
      ... any one wanna buy a 94 CBR 600F?...

Nah, you still got those wheels for sale tho?
      [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      VW MKVI Golf GTD - Black | Sunroof | MDi | Manual | RNS-510 | Hyper Silver GTC CX 18" | ChipExpress

24. 05-22-2009 01:38 AM #149
      Eh? which wheels?

Modified by s8n at 10:42 PM 5-21-2009

25. Senior Member
      05-22-2009 01:55 AM #150
      Lol, so much for not wanting a litre bike! Good to see you went right to the top Kris! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] Did you buy it new or used? I hear some places in Sydney are discounting these to like $18k rideaway. I may venture back into sportsbikes next year when the BMW S1000RR comes out. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast