Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Australian specific Motorcycle thread

1. 02-25-2010 05:27 PM #911
      Quote, originally posted by gstatts »

I cannot see one redeamming feature on that bike at all.

lucky that god made us all individuals then hey.

I sat on all the new litre superbikes, I think my old rgv proddy bike felt bigger and more comfy.

Whatever I buy next will have to carry luggage, have lots of power and be mega mega comfy for me and be able to be comfy for 2 up as my wife loves going riding. It's going to be a super hyper sportrs tourer or a big engine dual sport.

so far like he said, flavour of the week is zx14 (I love kawasaki bikes) or the new 1200cc yamaha tenere if and when it comes out.

2. Senior Member
      02-25-2010 05:43 PM #912
      Quote, originally posted by flogbox »
      ZX14's are a big chunky bike but boy oh boy do they get moving! Watch the clips on Youtube and you see the ZX14 pulling away from Busa's at the very top end.

So Wayne do you have any bikes left or are you completely bikeless now?

I've had a top week, i bought myself a pair of those Puma V2 Flat boots, Alpinestars Atlas gloves (sick for city riding) and 2 x Blueant F4 intercoms.

I've also decided for a limited time to buy a Yamaha FZ1N. It is for a limited time only, it is the pick of the week!

hey I have those Pumas too. Just don't post a pic here. It's not well received lol. I still have my monster and DN-01. Monster is being used by my bro now and then which is why it isn't sold off. He didn't like the streetfighter because it was just too violent in power delivery. He's not crazy like us. But I think eventually I'll sell that and get the BMW S1000RR. The DN01 is my inner city commuter so that stays. Just put exhaust on it and finally it sounds like a proper bike as opposed to Barmix lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

3. Senior Member
      02-25-2010 05:44 PM #913
      Quote, originally posted by vwlatino »

lucky that god made us all individuals then hey.

I sat on all the new litre superbikes, I think my old rgv proddy bike felt bigger and more comfy.

Whatever I buy next will have to carry luggage, have lots of power and be mega mega comfy for me and be able to be comfy for 2 up as my wife loves going riding. It's going to be a super hyper sportrs tourer or a big engine dual sport.

so far like he said, flavour of the week is zx14 (I love kawasaki bikes) or the new 1200cc yamaha tenere if and when it comes out.

how about that new Honda with DSG gearbox? Everyoe is raving about it as a game changer. Also that new Ducati is pretty cool.

4. 02-25-2010 06:08 PM #914
      the new honda vfr 1200 or 1300? not really a fan of it. I don't mind the super blackbird hondas, might be hard to find a real nice low km one though.

which new ducati? not sure I'd really want to pay ducati prices for something that I would always have in the back of my mind thinking it might not make it home.

I think the only non japanese bike I'd get would be a bmw. I have never owned a honda either, that would be my last choice of the 4 japanese.

I think Yamaha and Honda are or were on equal terms with build quality, maybe yamaha are better now? but I always though yamaha were ahead of honda in design and the hondas a bit bland and safe. kawasaki for nut case fast and powerful engines and suzuki for flat out crazy fun cheaper bikes

Vehicles
      Neunelfer und die grosser Diesel Tourenwagen
      02-25-2010 07:19 PM #915
      Wayne, you riding the now super woofly DN-01 to lunch Tuesday ? I neeeed to hear it now...
      Quote Originally Posted by WAY View Post
      I am planning to keep this for awhile. I am deadly serious too.

6. 02-25-2010 08:40 PM #916
      Lats - The current crop of bikes have so much bloody power you can use a 600cc to tour on now. I've been on the back of the Blackbird and it pulls like a freight train. It is scary fast and we tapped 170 in the blink of an eye!

My father in law has a big ST1300 (i think it's a 1300) which is a mothership. I took it for a burn and nearly fell asleep it's that comfy LOL. The problem is it's so damn heavy you need a 1300cc engine just to move the damn thing!

He was on my Duc S4R at the time and when we got off after 30 minutes or so, he said how shocked he was at the grunt my bike had. Yep, v-twin instant snappy throttle, loads of torque and plenty of HP for the top end.

My question is why is a 350kg bike necessary when the torque and power is no where near on par with a bike half the weight? Plenty of guys tour on ZX14's and they are a powerhouse!

Hell the CBR1000 is a weapon, if the damn thing was more upright i'd tour on it all day everyday.

What would you prefer? A 150HP missile with midrange which pulls your arms off vs a 350kg mothership which is much slower all over the power range and handles like a couch?

Bikes shouldn't be heavy IMO. The weight fights against everything we riders love about bikes. Power and handling!

Speaking of touring, i am riding the CBR to Dubbo and back tomorrow. I think it'll be around 800km all up (i'm going va Maitland). Should be good fun.

7. Senior Member
      02-26-2010 01:10 AM #917
      Quote, originally posted by KGB »
      Wayne, you riding the now super woofly DN-01 to lunch Tuesday ? I neeeed to hear it now...

Definitely!

8. 03-13-2010 09:10 PM #918
      Thinking of getting one of these for a bit of fun
      Triumph Street Triple

9. Senior Member
      03-13-2010 10:54 PM #919
      Good choice, but why not the R? It's only an extra 1500 I think. There is also the BMW that you may want to consider? I hear they are good. Looks great too.

10. 03-14-2010 01:12 AM #920
      Don't like the Matt paint on the R. For what I will use it for the Standard one is fine.

11. Senior Member
      03-14-2010 04:13 AM #921
      Not interested in the BMW F800 thingy? I think it looks tough in white.

12. 03-15-2010 07:12 PM #922
      I have the full blessing of the wife for a new bike.

we are down to 2 cars now and as long as I trade or sell my current bike, I think she said "knock yoursself out" or something like that.

I have read the new super tenere will be here in August and if you pre-order you can get a limited edition outback version with full panniers and crashbars etc and a desert style paint job.

Might wait and ride one first, I have hepco & becker cases etc anyway and I think the blue bike looks great.

I think I'll stick with a dual sport bike maybe.

Vehicles
      vw and merc white pos
      03-15-2010 07:16 PM #923
      http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ne...70709

anyone seen someone wearing black leathers and black helmet lol

Yeah I'm a Volvo driver

14. Senior Member
      04-06-2010 12:33 AM #925
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_By5D6MvKs

bmw 1000 rr

Ausmotive had that on their site like a month ago. Are you becoming Matty too?

15. 04-06-2010 12:46 AM #926
      this is pretty much the only car site I look at and even then hardly talk about cars, unless of ocurse someone puts a link to something

anyway, when are you buying one?

I got a new job and my new boss, his son and few others there all ride to work half the time, saw a mv f4 and a monster there last week

16. 04-06-2010 05:00 AM #927
      Wait, so Wayne, you cant even get into a sports car and now you're buying S1000RR? ROFL I love this thread

Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      04-06-2010 06:32 AM #928
      I have the full blessing of the wife for a new bike.

we are down to 2 cars now and as long as I trade or sell my current bike, I think she said "knock yoursself out" or something like that.

In my experience, offers like that are rarely without consequence. It might not be immediate, but it will come. Chances are she knows what she's after already.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

Vehicles
      vw and merc white pos
      04-06-2010 06:58 AM #929
      like the anz add?
      Yeah I'm a Volvo driver

19. Senior Member
      04-06-2010 07:03 PM #930
      Quote, originally posted by s8n »
      Wait, so Wayne, you cant even get into a sports car and now you're buying S1000RR? ROFL I love this thread

Nah I am not getting one. I would love to, but my wife will kill me after buying the Porsche without telling her. My back is much better now, but you bring up a really good point. The S1000RR is a bike that I can use for 20-30 mins in one go without hurting myself. So it's not really practical for me. But I would still love to have one! One day...

20. 04-06-2010 07:23 PM #931
      I hate typing a loooong reply and not being logged in. Lame.

CBR1000 up for sale. Cheapest online yet only 2 contacts in 2 weeks. Strange?

Ducati up for sale next month. It's a $23k garage queen that i just paid $2k for rego and insurance. I liked the idea of having it sit in the garage until it cost me $2k for the 'privilege'.

If the CBR doesn't sell before the end of April i'll rego in May, get 3rd party property instead of full comp, slap on ebay motogp fairings and keep it for another year. It's a great bike, i'm only selling because i am bored LOL.

If CBR sells, i will check out ex cop BMW's. Do you reckon i could get one on the road for $8k? I've seen guys buy them from auction and sell used for $9.5k. They are obviously making cash from it (because they set a reserve under $9k) so i figure this might be the way to go.

21. 04-06-2010 10:10 PM #932
      Flog, what model cbr, kms, asking price etc.

Considering selling mine as i spend all my time on the Track bike and use the blade for commuting... Might just get a crapper for commuting

22. 04-06-2010 10:28 PM #933
      2004 CBR1000, 33,000kms, ventura rack, yoshi exhaust asking $8,700. I figure i'd get between $7.5k - $8k.

I had one guy say $7k but that's to cheap for an 04. It's gotta have around 60km on it to warrant that price. I'll give it 3-4 weeks and then i'll keep it and rack up more kms. It's probably better to put 60km on the bike anyway as i get more value and can sell it for $6k

I think the market may just be shyte at the moment. Even the scammers haven't contacted me LOL.

23. 04-08-2010 07:44 AM #934
      New edition to the family
      [IMG][/IMG]

Modified by gstatts at 12:48 PM 4-8-2010

24. Senior Member
      04-08-2010 08:46 AM #935
      Congrats! Nice bikes these. Arrows 3-1 as the first mod? They sound real nice with this bike. If nothing else it drowns out the seeing machine noise lol.

25. 04-08-2010 10:39 PM #936
      Welcome to the club!

Your next mod is to get rid of those chicken strips!

On the way to work this morning i was behind a Gixer1k who was going at a 'decent' pace on the straight road. When we stopped at the lights he had the biggest flipping chicken strips, i reckon 20mm on his rear tyre (which was no where near new).

How can you manage strips so big? When i get new tyres i have a strip maybe 7mm commuting and then they are gone with a weekend ride. I gather this bloke can't go around corners yet is skilled enough to do a fairly quick pace in a straight line. Gave me a chuckle.

26. Senior Member
      04-08-2010 11:17 PM #937
      Quote, originally posted by flogbox »
      Welcome to the club!

Your next mod is to get rid of those chicken strips!

On the way to work this morning i was behind a Gixer1k who was going at a 'decent' pace on the straight road. When we stopped at the lights he had the biggest flipping chicken strips, i reckon 20mm on his rear tyre (which was no where near new).

How can you manage strips so big? When i get new tyres i have a strip maybe 7mm commuting and then they are gone with a weekend ride. I gather this bloke can't go around corners yet is skilled enough to do a fairly quick pace in a straight line. Gave me a chuckle.

Err, he already has 3 other bikes so welcome to the club isn't the right greeting lol. And I don't think his is a chicken strip. The bike looks brand new and I think that is just the dust from the garage floor.

27. 04-09-2010 02:27 AM #938
      Quote, originally posted by WAY »
      Congrats! Nice bikes these. Arrows 3-1 as the first mod? They sound real nice with this bike. If nothing else it drowns out the seeing machine noise lol.

First mod was to put the Pazzo leavers on.
      As for the Arrow Exhaust,yeah they look good and are Triumph's official aftermarket supplier,but I'm going for the Twin Carbon Akrapovics.

RRP here for the Akra's is $2400
      I can get them from the states for about $1300 landed

I love Akrapovic gear.I have them on my R1,the zx10R I had,and the 5 previous bikes to that as well.

28. Senior Member
      04-09-2010 02:44 AM #939
      I love Akra car stuff. But the guys here give me crap when I said I wanted to spend $15k for a Akra full titanium exhaust!

29. 04-22-2010 01:07 AM #940
      Had my first race on the weekend, St George MCC club, round 1.

Crashed out on race 2, completed race 3 and skipped race 4. Bike is fine, just cosmetic..

First time at Wakefield, 1.09 flat. Not super but happy for the first time...

Hoping to grab 1.07s next time..

30. Senior Member
      09-13-2010 07:04 AM #941
      I can't believe how long it has been since anyone posted on this thread! I guess it's winter and most of us bikers go into hibernation except for the seriously hardcore ones lol.

Anyway, tonight I started my DN-01 for the first time in more than 3 months. Guess what? No hesitation, starts straight away! I put into drive (it's auto remember) and off I went. No spultter, nothing. It was as if I rode it just yesterday! Absolutely amazing. I was thinking going downstairs that I would probably need to get new batteries. Say what you want about my DN-01, but well engineered it is.

Vehicles
      MY08 WRX (SGP) Mk II GTI (AUS)
      09-13-2010 07:40 AM #942
      It's well engineered because the batt didn't go flat?

Whatever healps you sleep at night, Wayne

32. 09-13-2010 08:06 AM #943
      Actually I went to yamaha today to check it out and sawvthe 1200 tenere, very very nice.

Bro in law bought a m3 last week, took my wife for a run, so my mrs asked me to get a new bike

Still have nfi what to get, trail bike, adv bike, supersports tourer or superbike. Haha, i even like big inline 4 cyl muscle bikes.

1200 tenere or r1/gsxr at the moment. If I went the tenere, I'd go almost just as fast, everywhere in total comfort, wife could come too every now and then, ok once or twice a year to keep her happy.

33. Senior Member
      09-13-2010 08:30 AM #944
      Quote Originally Posted by vwlatino View Post
      Actually I went to yamaha today to check it out and sawvthe 1200 tenere, very very nice.

Bro in law bought a m3 last week, took my wife for a run, so my mrs asked me to get a new bike

Still have nfi what to get, trail bike, adv bike, supersports tourer or superbike. Haha, i even like big inline 4 cyl muscle bikes.

1200 tenere or r1/gsxr at the moment. If I went the tenere, I'd go almost just as fast, everywhere in total comfort, wife could come too every now and then, ok once or twice a year to keep her happy.
      Lately I have been going back to drooling on a BMW K1300R. I really wouldn't mind this bike but I just read that M division is working with the Motorad guys to help them develop a DCT for their bikes. I am guessing one of the first bikes to get one would be the K1300R so I am holding off. If this happens, I am ditching both the Ducati and DN-01 for one. Having too many bikes is too much of a hassle at the moment with parking and all. Aaron, maybe you should get a K1300R and I will stand on the side and envy you. It's fast, it's comfy, and the missus can go with you. Or just buy her a M3. My missus loves hers.

34. Senior Member
      09-13-2010 08:32 AM #945
      Quote Originally Posted by IML337 View Post
      It's well engineered because the batt didn't go flat?

Whatever healps you sleep at night, Wayne
      Bet your subbie couldn't go for 3 months without starting!

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast