Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Results 981 to 1,015 of 1267

Thread: OT: Australian specific Motorcycle thread

01-03-2011 10:50 PM #981
      Step 1: complete your Organ Donor registration online with Medicare, and send certified copies to all your nearest and dearest.
      Step 2: get a couple of people to drag you, bare-legged, across a standard Australian bitumen road.
      Step 3:....

01-03-2011 10:58 PM #982
      Quote Originally Posted by Timbo_S3 View Post
      Step 1: complete your Organ Donor registration online with Medicare, and send certified copies to all your nearest and dearest.
      Step 2: get a couple of people to drag you, bare-legged, across a standard Australian bitumen road.
      Step 3:....
      Step 4: Profit?

Sod donating them when theres a good old black market for the things, everyone up the chains taking their piece and they want us dumb fcuks to just give them away?

its a f*ckin scam if u ask me.

01-03-2011 11:54 PM #983
      Hmmm...could I respectfully suggest you are missing the point?

That said, you make a good point, and I am considering pre-selling some of my vital parts. Others might think about doing this, as a means of funding their motorcycle purchases
      Last edited by Timbo_S3; 01-03-2011 at 11:57 PM.

01-03-2011 11:59 PM #984
      Quote Originally Posted by Timbo_S3 View Post
      Hmmm...could I respectfully suggest you are missing the point?
      You tell me what your point was then, in plain english.

5. Senior Member
      01-04-2011 12:20 AM #985
      Quote Originally Posted by Saxton Hale View Post
      Dear internet,

I saw a Madass 125 in the city the other day, and i still want one, despite never having riden, been on or caring for motorbikes in any fashion and will probably use it as often as one of Ways cars/bikes but the fact remains, I'm required to google and arse about reading websites dedicated to this subect and frankly, i do not care for it.

so questions are along the lines of in NSW -

can i buy/register a bike without a bike license and arse about on it in a locked car park away from prying eyes etc at my leisure to learn to at least be confident i can actually ride it in some rudimentry fashion before deciding if I really want the thing and go onto part 2

exactly what f*cking around is involved to obtain said license? How long are L's? what are the restictions and whatever else, is there a swifter process if im confident with the thing to avoid riding around in public as little as possible with sped spec L plates on it like a dispicable teenager?

And before its suggested I dont wanna learn on a mates bike or whatever as i'd really not like to stack someone elses **** So just figuring the best way to go about it, I realise it isnt a high performance beast and i have little to be afraid of, but having never done it i'd rather be cautious rather than a grease spot, while also having it in my hands asap as I may decide against it 2moro or next week as is my style.

Your contributions of expert knowledge and advice are keenly sought.

BUT NO OFFTOPIC BULLSH*T OR I WONT THINK YOU'RE TAKING ME SERIOUSLY

Also, cocks.
      Start with Archie's postie bike. Who cares if you stack it, we all paid for it anyway.

And yes, you can buy and register as long as you have car license. I did. At least in Vic.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

01-04-2011 12:30 AM #986
      You tell me what your point was then, in plain english.
      no I can't...not any plainer. I reckon all you need to buy a motorbike is the cash in hand. Maybe a licensed dealer will have a problem with some regulations, but I don't think Spider from TopTatts will have any problems

01-04-2011 12:33 AM #987
      Quote Originally Posted by WAY View Post
      Start with Archie's postie bike. Who cares if you stack it, we all paid for it anyway.

And yes, you can buy and register as long as you have car license. I did. At least in Vic.
      ta

2 Problems however, they dont take the postie bike home, and even if they did, he hasnt got a license for the next however many months because he was being silly on his R1 and is now forced to walk his beat like an animal

8. Senior Member
      01-04-2011 12:45 AM #988
      ta

2 Problems however, they dont take the postie bike home, and even if they did, he hasnt got a license for the next however many months because he was being silly on his R1 and is now forced to walk his beat like an animal
      Haha that is what bike ownership do to you! I honestly have never taken out my bikes for a ride (not commute, as in go for a ride on purpose) and not do a minimum of 150kmh on the funny Honda and 200 on the Ducati. Just be careful where you do it, which is something Archie hasn't learned yet lol.

01-04-2011 12:53 AM #989
      Haha that is what bike ownership do to you! I honestly have never taken out my bikes for a ride (not commute, as in go for a ride on purpose) and not do a minimum of 150kmh on the funny Honda and 200 on the Ducati. Just be careful where you do it, which is something Archie hasn't learned yet lol.
      with a blistering 6kw on tap and a top speed of about 100km/h i wont be taking it on any hot "rides" Its practically a mountain bike, but without all that peddling and sweating and being a abused by bogans driving past so just riding it locally shops, work and about the burb.

10. 01-04-2011 04:43 AM #990
      Wes,

A mate did the midlife crisis thing recently. The only thing he could skip was his green Ps period.
      So Learner, red Ps (12 mths), open.

Hope that helps.
      iPad Certified.

Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      01-04-2011 06:55 AM #991
      Wes, don't overlook KTM of Paris/Dakar fame.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

12. Senior Member
      01-09-2011 09:08 PM #992
      So wes, bought the bike yet?

01-09-2011 09:19 PM #993
      So wes, bought the bike yet?
      Nah just jerking off wasting everyones time, its the style I'm told

was bored on holidays last week, now I'm kinda over the idea but maybe i still will, rest assured if i do, you will be among the first to know

14. Senior Member
      01-09-2011 09:34 PM #994
      was bored on holidays last week, now I'm kinda over the idea
      Believe me I know what you mean! I think up all sort of stuff to spend money on when I am bored lol.

15. 01-23-2011 08:54 PM #995
      Anyone even riding these days? I raced the Formula Xtreme season last year.. 4th overall for the Supersport category. Going to race a CBR 1000RR this year...

16. Senior Member
      01-24-2011 06:22 AM #996
      Quote Originally Posted by s8n View Post
      Anyone even riding these days? I raced the Formula Xtreme season last year.. 4th overall for the Supersport category. Going to race a CBR 1000RR this year...
      Wow awesome. Well done. Guess you found your motorsport huh? I could never race bikes, not with a young child. I still ride occasionally, but not as often as I would like. It's true, you can have too many toys!

Vehicles
      vw and merc white pos
      01-24-2011 11:27 PM #997
      Yeah I'm a Volvo driver

18. Senior Member
      01-25-2011 12:01 AM #998
      Gee that could really have been me couldn't it? Except I'm licensed these days. And I'm a couple of years older than 32 now. But no, it's not me. I was snoozing in bed at 8am this morning and only woke up after 9.

19. 01-25-2011 05:48 AM #999
      Quote Originally Posted by s8n View Post
      Trackday tomorrow at PI stretch the R1 legs again,mate is on his BMW S1000RR just dynoed at 183.74 HP Stock

Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      01-25-2011 06:14 AM #1000
      Gee that could really have been me couldn't it? Except I'm licensed these days. And I'm a couple of years older than 32 now. But no, it's not me. I was snoozing in bed at 8am this morning and only woke up after 9.
      That was a large part of why I sold the Golf and why I shouldn't buy another performance car. I could just see it in The Age "Hoon caught doing 200km/h on Bolte Bridge..."

I'm safe with the 323.

21. Senior Member
      01-25-2011 09:09 AM #1001
      Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
      That was a large part of why I sold the Golf and why I shouldn't buy another performance car. I could just see it in The Age "Hoon caught doing 200km/h on Bolte Bridge..."

I'm safe with the 323.
      What is funny is that I do that sort of thing around that same area all the time! Not 8am on a weekday though. That is silly.

Vehicles
      vw and merc white pos
      01-26-2011 03:50 AM #1002
      not a a big fan of crotch rockets this looks horn

Yeah I'm a Volvo driver

Vehicles
      vw and merc white pos
      02-02-2011 02:03 PM #1003
      Yeah I'm a Volvo driver

24. 02-02-2011 06:25 PM #1004
      New ZX10R, horsepower hotness! BMW is so last year

Wayne, yup, bikes is where its at. Cheaper than 4 wheels, but not by much :/

Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      03-13-2011 05:47 AM #1005
      Rest in peace Lisa.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/wo...308-1blgr.html
      Woman becomes fourth motorcyclist killed in past three days
      Megan Levy March 8, 2011 - 6:57AM

A 43-year-old woman killed in a crash in Melbourne's east last night was the fourth motorcyclist to die on Victoria's roads in the past three days.

The East Ringwood woman was riding east on Canterbury Road in Surrey Hills when her Vespa scooter and a 4WD collided at the intersection with Union Road about 8.20pm.

Paramedic Bryanna Scrase said he arrived to find a woman in cardiac arrest. She was unable to be resiscitated and died at the scene.

A 42-year-old man from Rye, who was also on the Vespa at the time of the crash, was knocked off the bike and was unconscious when paramedics arrived.

He suffered suspected internal injuries and a deep cut to his knee, and was taken to The Alfred hospital.

''We put a drip in his arm and gave him pain relief and fluids to help stabilise his condition,'' Ms Scrase said.

''His condition significantly improved on the way to hospital and he was conscious and talking when we arrived.''

Police are yet to determine whether the woman was the rider or pillion passenger.

A Victoria Police spokesman said the 55-year-old driver of the 4WD was not injured, and was assisting police from the Major Collision Investigation Unit.

Police believe the 4WD was making a right turn from Canterbury Road into Union Road when the crash occurred.

They have appealed for anyone who saw the the crash, or the Vespa travelling on Canterbury Road beforehand, to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.crimestoppers.com.au

26. 03-13-2011 06:33 AM #1006
      someone you know?

I really wonder about some of the scooter riders you see around. There's a PA at work who rides one and I've followed her in traffic before and she had NO idea what was going on around her, really quite amazing she hasn't been wiped out yet.

(same girl was complaining that there must be something wrong with her 50cc scooter because it was struggling to get up the ramp out of the carpark at work..... of course it's nothing to do with the VERY fat mole riding the thing.....)

Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      03-13-2011 06:36 AM #1007
      Sister-in-law's Aunt. Survived by her 13 year old son.

28. 03-13-2011 06:47 AM #1008
      Sorry to hear.

29. Senior Member
      03-13-2011 06:54 AM #1009
      Really sorry to hear Matty. I have to admit that stories like these is why I don't ride that often. I know I am a capable rider, and am very aware of my surroundings, but you just can't control other drivers.

30. 06-07-2011 04:55 AM #1010
      digging up the old thread......

Finally after a few years, I am going to get a new bike before the end of the month. This time for sure.

Got a new 2 piece suit already and am getting a new helmet also this Thursday.

but the bike, um, haha still can't decide. zx14 was the pic for ages, but to be honest still have not riden it yet, took a busa out last weekend and didn't like it, so I think also the zx14 will be a big boat too.

What got me interested the most was the 2011 gsxr 750. It's pretty much perfect sitting on it and I am going to go ride it this coming weekend. I also looked at the 2006 50th ani R1, just love the way it looks, but the Mrs reckons I should get a brand new one and get whatever I feel like. Hahaha, can't argue with that, have to click the "add to cart" button there and then.

Also have been looking for a mint RGV250, either the gen 1 pepsi or 2nd gen Lucky Strike, should never have sold my 91 model lucky strike. Failing that, I might find the best low Km, 1998 model and stash it at the back of the garage and fang it here and there. Still love the 2 strokes more than anything else.

Vehicles
      Neunelfer und die grosser Diesel Tourenwagen
      06-07-2011 05:04 AM #1011
      Quote Originally Posted by vwlatino View Post

Finally after a few years, I am going to get a new bike before the end of the month. This time for sure.

Got a new 2 piece suit already and am getting a new helmet also this Thursday.

but the bike, um, haha still can't decide. zx14 was the pic for ages, but to be honest still have not riden it yet, took a busa out last weekend and didn't like it, so I think also the zx14 will be a big boat too.

What got me interested the most was the 2011 gsxr 750. It's pretty much perfect sitting on it and I am going to go ride it this coming weekend. I also looked at the 2006 50th ani R1, just love the way it looks, but the Mrs reckons I should get a brand new one and get whatever I feel like. Hahaha, can't argue with that, have to click the "add to cart" button there and then.

Also have been looking for a mint RGV250, either the gen 1 pepsi or 2nd gen Lucky Strike, should never have sold my 91 model lucky strike. Failing that, I might find the best low Km, 1998 model and stash it at the back of the garage and fang it here and there. Still love the 2 strokes more than anything else.

Haha, do you still have the flexion for an RGV pops ?
      I am planning to keep this for awhile. I am deadly serious too.

32. 06-07-2011 05:53 AM #1012
      easy.

I think

old pic from about 10 years ago? of the old crew.

Vehicles
      Neunelfer und die grosser Diesel Tourenwagen
      07-04-2011 07:31 PM #1013
      A mate came around on this last night...OMG.

I am planning to keep this for awhile. I am deadly serious too.

34. 07-05-2011 01:08 AM #1014
      Quote Originally Posted by vwlatino View Post

What got me interested the most was the 2011 gsxr 750. It's pretty much perfect sitting on it and I am going to go ride it this coming weekend. I also looked at the 2006 50th ani R1

Nice thread revival.

I picked up an 03 R6 on the weekend to keep the Ducati company in the shed.

Took it out last night for a ride and loved every minute. It has a lot more oomph than what i was expecting. Much quicker than the Ducati (S4R - 130hp), bloody light to.

As for your bike choices a ZX14 and Busa are big battleships. I was going to test ride a ZX14 when they had them going for $14k new rideaway but they are pretty damn big not ideal for commuting through traffic so i passed on it.

I've ridden an 07 R1 and it is an awesome piece of kit. Very smooth, great power, comfortable. Felt more comfortable than the ZX10R.

I never rode a Gixer. Gixers are for squids

From the current range of bikes, my pic for a new bike right now would be the Honda Repsol. I took one for a burn and Fk me they rip and also look tops

35. 09-02-2011 12:01 AM #1015
      haha, this thread was in dead last spot on page 3, about to fall of the edge forever.

so I bought a 2011 gsxr 750, had it for 2 months now I think. >2500km on it so far, WAY eat your heart out. thats like 5 cars worth for you.....

went to Eastern creek last week and did the california superbike school, did level 1 obviously as that is where you start. great day. Good mix of riders.

Even with the OEM battlax tyres the bike is just incredible, so smooth and easy to ride, very very stable. it sihts all over the last time I went on the rgv about 10 years ago

Lots of the drills (you do 5 sessions on the track) you are not allowed to brake and usually only use 4th gear or sometimes add in 3rd.

So as good an exit as I could make and rolling the throttle on as hard and as early as I could in 4th gear (picking up from around 5-6000 rpm) saw from 230 - 240 kmph down the straight, it was hitting around 12000 rpm I think, not sure wasn't trying to stare at the dials really.... speedo was taped up, but the first digit and part of the second one was visible for the speed, so I could see 23? and 24?. thing revs to 14500 or 15000, can't remember, but only hit the limiter once in first, just to see it do it. So it had a bit left down the straight is all I am saying, and saying that I don't think I entered turn 1 any where near 200kmph, more like 150-160 as I was getting taken on the outside through there, but for the first time in donkeys years I was happy with that. (plus no brakes exiting turn 1 into turn 2 at >200kmph is something I am not ready for, no where near it)

all in all an awsome day. Been looking for a trailer and even looked online for a track bike. Think I'll just go the trailer route for a while.

My bike has a series of shifting lights and a lap timer, but being male, I had not read the manual and didn't know how to work it and I assumed the shift lights would just be on, they wern't but I wouldn't have needed the distraction anyway.

from T3 down into T4 and into T5 and also T9 were my favorites of the day.

Next day booked in for NOV. Can not hardly wait.

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast