VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

"...to new beginnings!" (an interactive RANT!)

123K views 215 replies 82 participants last post by  TheSandeman 
#1 ·
I spent most of my A3 time on the 4titude. There is SO much negativity in the other USA forums, that I am fed up with it. I am here to share my love for Audi's and specifically the MK2 TT, not bicker and vibe others for having their own vision for how their car turns out. I'd like to celebrate the differences between all of us TT2 owners, not berate others for not keeping their car bone stock, or modding in a way that I don't totally agree with. It's a bunch of BS and it's time for the passionate people in this community to take a stand.
Please don't let me look a fool by ignoring this post, and it's intentions. PLease chime in if you are also onboard with this frame of thought. Lets make Fourtitude the safe haven for new ideas regarding the TT2. Let's make this place the positive, enriching and encouraging space that all of us hardworking folks deserve after a long day.
First step, is a role call:

Modified by iModTTS at 10:50 AM 7/18/2009

#27 ·
Re: (NeverOEM)

Quote, originally posted by NeverOEM »
forgotten me already hojinize? and stock height? DON'T DU IT!

Big fan of your build..
the reason y i am going back is b/c of the road. Here in Lafayette, road is horrible and I had the coil for 1 1/2 years.. thus decided to go back

#30 ·

Trust me man, my roads are just as bad if not worse here in Louisiana; just gotta ride it out!

That car looks really respectable at that stance, so I'll have to go ahead and agree with NVROEM on that tip.

#34 ·
Re: FV-QR (terje_77)

Quote, originally posted by terje_77 »
I'll be on this thread by Wednesday.
I'm very excited that you are coming on board in the TT2 squad! Your knowledge, and first hand tuning experience on the 2.0T will be an enormous asset to this forum.
I know you told me you are gonna keep it mellow on the mods, but I know you purty damn good mate! I think you will have your first mod done within 30 days..... I'll put a twenty on it! I'm actually going to encourage your reckless mod-money spending habits...the devil on your shoulder really!

#137 ·
#45 ·

dammit, I have to step up my game; car looks fantastic Gideon. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

X2.
Quote, originally posted by CaliforniaTT »
too bad u guys are to up in nor cal
if we make it to a show in pleaseanton CA will hit you guys up

It actually looks like we could eventually have a TT2 GTG! All my A3 brethren and I had what we called "The Mid-state hatch attack" last summer in SLO. We had a great turn out, and I learned a bit of stuff about the A3 that was new to me. We gotta look forward to doing that in the future like CaliforniaTT suggested....
lol, no other TTs in my area. The next time I'm in California with my car, I'll be hitting you up iMod, hope you don't mind

Hit me on the hip son!

Modified by iModTTS at 3:34 PM 5/26/2009

#49 ·
Re: FV-QR (iModTTS)

Quote, originally posted by iModTTS »
Terje_77/Chris I'm very excited that you are coming on board in the TT2 squad! Your knowledge, and first hand tuning experience on the 2.0T will be an enormous asset to this forum.
I know you told me you are gonna keep it mellow on the mods, but I know you purty damn good mate! I think you will have your first mod done within 30 days..... I'll put a twenty on it! I'm actually going to encourage your reckless mod-money spending habits...the devil on your shoulder really!

BTW Chris I was right about the moddage dude! It's been 3 weeks tops and you already ordered up springs, HA!

Modified by iModTTS at 6:49 PM 6/7/2009

#50 ·
Re: "...to new beginnings!" (iModTTS)

Jason,
I just came across this thread after Chris purchasing the TT. While doing the new site, I realized how regratibly under appreciated the TTs as far as product offerings are concerned. Then I remembered you contacting me all excited when you got the TT-S.
I need a little help on your end here. I need to know what TT dudes need, want, what they look for. I would LOVE to work things with you guys, and extend my services to you. We have great experiences (ex-MK1 TT 3.2 owner here, and 2.0T wizard) both tuning and servicing these things.
TT owners, please grab the phone, send an email, pm, whatever it takes to help us help you out. Again, this is a nitche market, we die to get into.
You have great cars, let us help you build them.
Berk@DBC

#51 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by Sales@DBCPerformance »
Jason,
I just came across this thread after Chris purchasing the TT. While doing the new site, I realized how regratibly under appreciated the TTs as far as product offerings are concerned. Then I remembered you contacting me all excited when you got the TT-S.
I need a little help on your end here. I need to know what TT dudes need, want, what they look for. I would LOVE to work things with you guys, and extend my services to you. We have great experiences (ex-MK1 TT 3.2 owner here, and 2.0T wizard) both tuning and servicing these things.
TT owners, please grab the phone, send an email, pm, whatever it takes to help us help you out. Again, this is a nitche market, we die to get into.
You have great cars, let us help you build them.
Berk@DBC

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.