Saturday I got the car aligned. I drove it home a block and went to sleep. I woke up around 7pm and drove 33 miles before my front wheel came off. I grinder in the rotor for a few hundred yards, driver fender is destroyed, wheel hub is bent. I'm going to the shop in an hour and raising some hell. Wuste is in a few weeks so I'm hoping they can do the work in time.
What did I do to my ride: cleaned out the bug and began putting bits and pieces back together. Those door card clips are a pain.
Hey common, that's at LEAST 3.25 inches off the ground got sick of using a jack to get a jack under it... I'll slam it for euro sl,ut There is some rust that needs to be addressed. But I'm just excited I somehow managed to get a perfect interior.
I finally got my suspension installed (pro-dampers + sportilnes), took me about 7 hours (first time), replaced sway bar links and ball joints as well.
Very happy with the results, I love the handling on the curves, and acceleration seems faster now, little more stiffer though, oh and better look (no more 4x4 look).
next mod?? I don't know yet, maybe brakes or chip.
Last edited by ZuluB602; 05-10-2012 at 09:56 AM.
GLI 06 2.0T FSI DBP
BSH True seal intake | K&N air filter wrap | BFI Dogbone mount | LED lights | Hoen Xenonmatch | Philips HID ultinon 6000K | Eibach Sport-System | ATE Super blue | StopTech Drilled-Slotted rotors/ Pads | NewSouth Boost gauge/Pod | SunTek 20% Window tint | Yokohama Advan Neova 235/40R18
Since I am home again, it would only be right to pick up where i left off from the last disaster. Since I never got to finish the water pump job due to wrong serpentine belt, I picked up the correct size on my way home from the airport. Started off this morning by filling the car with coolant, test drive, pulling off the bumpers so I can begin work on them, installed a MOMO pedal set I had laying around from the Mk2, went to the junk yard and got the block breather, valve cover breather and the intake tube from an aba, installed all that and made a bracket to support the cone filter, but had to remove the washer fluid bottle for it to fit, went to tonys and pulled some things of his parts rabbit, key tumblers for the doors and rear hatch so now i can lock everything, and most importantly swapped out the hood. NO MORE HOOD PINS!!! Also downloaded megatune and got to watch the MS operate while I drive! Pics!
Installed the new rear brakes on Jareds car, painted the drums black, all new springs, shoes, and cylinders. Feels so much better, but i found out the pass side brake line is kinked (not my doing) so its either JY or dealer for new rear hard lines.
So far this week- insured it, installed new Sunroof seal (thanks again Daveo), adjusted shift linkage to my liking, installed brake light switch and sorted some taillight bulbs. Also got rid of that atrocious orange manifold!
Insert offensive language here.