Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Evap system incorrect purge flow

1. 05-14-2009 11:30 AM #1
      My check engine light is on. I had the codes checked and "Evap system incorrect purge flow" is what came up.It gave an explanation"blocked vapor canister"and probable cause "faulty vent solenoid" faulty purge control solenoid" and "faulty fuel tank pressure sensor" I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and what can I do without having to take it to the dealer?

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8t
      05-14-2009 12:12 PM #2
      the purge solenoid is in the engine bay on top of the airbox. ifyou have a vacuum gauge the solenoid should hold vacuum on one way and not hold vacuum the other way. If it does not hold vacuum both ways it is bad (basically allows evap pressures to constantly enter engine even when not commanded to) New solenoids are I believe 113.00??

3. 05-14-2009 01:21 PM #3
      If your carbon canister has imploded and sent carbon particles to the clog the vent valve it will do the same to a new valve..check out canister (pull off hose and look for carbon particles being sucked outa the canister towards the purge valve..if you see 'm..you'll need to replace cansister first and then clean purge valve and see if that fixes things..if cleaning valve doesn't fix..new valve is next step!
      96 Golf...Gone...But not forgotten..Great ride!
      2000 Passat GLX...Gone...But not forgotten either..have scars on my knuckles from all the "wrenching" to keep it on the road!
      2008 Rabbit S, VWsport springs/OEM shocks, GTI brakes all around, GTI rear swaybar...best balanced car I've had in a while!