VWVortex

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Scirocco R Unveiled

Vehicles
      1961 Karmann Ghia Coupe 2006 Golf TDI Comfortline 2008 Jetta 2.0 FSI
      05-23-2009 07:33 PM #141
      Quote, originally posted by Eric M »
      what the heck are these then

Scirocco Cup cars heading to China for the one make series there; all are built in Hanover by Volkswagen Motorsport.

2. 05-23-2009 08:05 PM #142
      You don't like my comments, fine. But if you insult me, expect a retort. Aids lover.

3. 05-23-2009 08:07 PM #143
      they should build these in the new US plant

Vehicles
      | 01 1.8t | 09 2.0T |
      05-24-2009 01:07 AM #144
      Quote, originally posted by Fluxburn64 »

Hah, since my intelligence level is off the charts and you are embarrassed to be alive, yes you wish in pro-choice so your existence would not be. I can always recommend the Power Exchange in SF, and you can easily acquire HIV-D mutation which cannot be cured from drugs and end you pathetic life in 3-4 years even with the best health care.

Any more questions?

Just one more question. Can you correct your grammar so that we can all understand you better? The first sentence of your reply is a little fragmented.

I guess you missed the memo so let me enlighten you. A cure has yet to be discovered for ANY of the groups (M, N, and O) or subgroups that constitute the recognized mutations of the simian immunodeficiency virus as introduced into humans. Let me be the first from the Vortex to express our sympathies at the difficulties you must face in light of such a deadly disease. Best of luck to you and again our sympathies to your struggle. May it only last 3-4 years.

Sooo . . . the Scirocco . . .

Vehicles
      | 01 1.8t | 09 2.0T |
      05-24-2009 01:15 AM #145
      . . . Jamie has to stop teasing us with these posts! I am starting to shop for something to replace my aging Jetta and this car is making it difficult to settle with anything else!

6. 05-24-2009 02:38 AM #146
      Quote, originally posted by evilpat »

Just one more question. Can you correct your grammar so that we can all understand you better? The first sentence of your reply is a little fragmented.

I guess you missed the memo so let me enlighten you. A cure has yet to be discovered for ANY of the groups (M, N, and O) or subgroups that constitute the recognized mutations of the simian immunodeficiency virus as introduced into humans. Let me be the first from the Vortex to express our sympathies at the difficulties you must face in light of such a deadly disease. Best of luck to you and again our sympathies to your struggle. May it only last 3-4 years.

Sooo . . . the Scirocco . . .

I am a genius. If you were similar you would know that logic makes stupid. True genius level intellect is closer to insanity then logic, but then again you are too stupid to even understand irony; a type of humor generally comprehended by lesser intelligent individuals.

I should figure out how to track the index of the vortex forums so I can find your ip address and pretend to be a service tech for whatever isp you are using so I can come to your house and tell you how stupid you are.

God you are about as annoying as people who honk their horns and post about how a car that is never coming to the USA no matter what you do, just like all the other euro models that never come to the USA; oh wait that is what this post is, a bunch of fanboys dreaming of going to the moon (which most likely will not happen in your lifetime).

7. Member
      Vehicles
      1983 MKI Jetta, 1980 Rabbit PU, 1990 G-60 Corrado, MKV R32
      05-24-2009 02:59 AM #147
      For VWoA to sell cars here it will have to be in prep for the new CAFE Standards. I think it more likely that they will introduce the Polo unless the new Scirocco comes in a hybrid. Even though its years away they need to start development now.

Its useless to consider an R version anymore. The next few years VWoA will probably slowly introduce cars in progressive compliance to these standards. Slowly increasing the fuel efficiency and at the same time reduce emissions is going to be a long and hard series of technology introductions. In addition to this, they need to make them drivable.

Don't you think??

8. 05-24-2009 08:10 AM #148
      I don't know why you guys argue so much because I think that VW is going to deliver these car to US market. Why?
      Because VW has a plan to become the biggest car company in the world. They are aware that this car has big potential even in US and it is, like you guys already said, a car that it's made to make VW brand even more recognizable and not to be best selling coupe in the history. So I'm pretty sure that you will get this car. Sorry for bad English.

Vehicles
      @LuvGermanCars
      05-24-2009 09:56 AM #149
      We need/want this car in the US...
      2Ø11 Candy-Weiß Golf 6 2,0 6-Gang DPF TDI BLUEMOTION Technologies™ Highline 4-Türen ▀ 2Ø11 Tornadorot Jetta 6 2,5 Highline 4-TürenØ8 Deep Blau Perleffekt Golf 5 .:R32 3,2 DSG 4-MOTION™ 3-Türen ▀ Ø8 Tornadorot Passat 3C Variant Highline 2,0 TFSIØ6 Tornadorot Golf 5 GTI 2,0 DSG TFSI 3-TürenØ2 Indigo Blau Perleffekt Passat 3BG Trendline 1,8T 4-Türen

Vehicles
      | 01 1.8t | 09 2.0T |
      05-24-2009 01:35 PM #150
      Bringing this car to the states makes about as much business sense as going to the moon. But I do hold hope that VW will prove me wrong, gotta have dreams! The cost to have it certified would push the cost of the car substantially above the competitors. Unless they can get the volume up . . . but that is just not going to happen right now. It is unfortunate for this market but if VW wants to become the biggest car manufacturer in the world they have to make money to remain solvent. Selling products at a loss only make sense if it increases profit in other areas, this car would most likely eat away at the GTI's sales. We have a much greater chance of getting the GTI with similar specs. If it came in blue I might consider it.

11. 05-24-2009 02:21 PM #151
      When I said the biggest I didn't meant the most profitable..For example, Toyota is the biggest car seller but Porsche is the most profitable.
      Comparing this car to GTI is doesn't make much sense. GTI is still a Golf, meaning family, quality built car but with a great dose of sportiness. Scirocco is almost pure sport car.
      As much as I like Scirocco, I would still rather buy GTI because it suits all my needs. Scirocco is a car that you own beside your boring family car.

Vehicles
      | 01 1.8t | 09 2.0T |
      05-24-2009 03:10 PM #152
      very true. family changes everything!

VW has a great business model (arguably some issues with the NA division) and I plan on buying from the VAG family as long as they keep it up.

13. 05-24-2009 11:01 PM #153
      Will I be able to fit my daughters car seat in the back
      I do hope VWoA (and VWoC) decide to bring this over here, but I'm not holding my breathe. As I am missing my 20th AE that I sold the end of last summer

14. 05-25-2009 12:37 AM #154
      I think it could be a very desirable car. As some have noted a limited run (like the 20th Anniv. or 337) might be a way make it over here. But regardless of whether it gets legalized or not there is always the slim possibility that something like it may eventually appear on our shores. Albeit in the long away future but you never know. Consider it to be a concept car that's homologated for European consumption, at the moment. Still a nice car to view for sure.

Vehicles
      2010 MkVI MT TDI Golf, 2000 B5 4M Passat Wagon
      05-25-2009 01:11 AM #155
      Quote, originally posted by fwdvw »
      For VWoA to sell cars here it will have to be in prep for the new CAFE Standards. I think it more likely that they will introduce the Polo unless the new Scirocco comes in a hybrid. Even though its years away they need to start development now.

Its useless to consider an R version anymore. The next few years VWoA will probably slowly introduce cars in progressive compliance to these standards. Slowly increasing the fuel efficiency and at the same time reduce emissions is going to be a long and hard series of technology introductions. In addition to this, they need to make them drivable.

Don't you think??

No.

1. Cafe standards are fleet averages. A few thousand 2.0T @ 265 hp wouldn't make any difference. Actually, those cars get rather good mileage, relatively speaking - don't forget EPA tests don't require full throttle, and Cafe standards are a couple of decades older (and about 10mpg more lenient), yet..
      2. Yes, the (NA) Polo will come to the US and will eventually help meet fuel economy averages.
      3. VW is ready to offer hybrids in addition to Diesels in the US in a couple of years - even Diesel hybrids, if anyone is willing to pay for the double cost penalty.
      4. With the recent advent of capacitors with energy density that matches batteries, and a power density an order of magnitude higher, somewhat affordable city EVs (i.e., short range w/o the added cost of an ICE) and extended-range EVs (i.e., including ICE) are also just about three years away. On the other hand, very few people will buy $45,000 Volts...

At any rate, tighter Cafe standards are only half the game. As long as fuel is relatively affordable, manufacturers will have the headache that the government wants cars that the consumer does not buy. Eventually, there needs to be a CO_2 tax on the consumer - not on the manufacturer.

Who knows, sporty cars like the Scirocco R might then actually find more buyers, once owners get tired of the cost of V8s, poor V6s, and bad fuel-economy AWD cars that make it difficult to average better than 22-23mpg in - like most Subarus (or even my Passat).

Modified by feels_road at 11:58 PM 5-27-2009

Aung San Suu Kyi

Vehicles
      20th Anniversary GTI
      05-25-2009 09:17 PM #156
      Quote, originally posted by GTI_LUV »

Time to visit the Optometrist.

X2

17. 05-26-2009 01:05 AM #157
      I thought the idea was to bring this car as an R version INSTEAD of the MKVI R20 (R32 replacement).

This makes a lot more sense since instead of the R20 being a hotter version of the GTI and then having people not wanting to pay so much for a super golf, this would be an entirely different look and not compared to anything.

It should not be so expensive to pass US regulations since it is based on the MKVI chassis and engines. right?

The car is very cool, even if it never sells in the US.

Vehicles
      | 01 1.8t | 09 2.0T |
      05-26-2009 01:24 AM #158
      You should be working at VWoA

19. 05-26-2009 01:48 AM #159
      Quote, originally posted by Giancarlo »
      I thought the idea was to bring this car as an R version INSTEAD of the MKVI R20 (R32 replacement).

This makes a lot more sense since instead of the R20 being a hotter version of the GTI and then having people not wanting to pay so much for a super golf, this would be an entirely different look and not compared to anything.

That makes a ton of sense. Depending on pricing though, they may get more complaints about the next gen R Golf not coming more than they would with this. However, bringing this hot hatch as a limited edition run to the US would be fantastic. VWoA, hasn't it sunk in yet, that you brought over a limited run of 2004 R32's that were a smash hit and sold out with essentially no advertising ?

20. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      92 Corrado, 06 GTI, 09 Sportwagen
      05-26-2009 06:41 AM #160
      It seems like we don't get to choose the transmission, it has less power than a three year old GTI with APR, and doesn't look as good as the current and next GTI. Assuming the price is not less than a GTI, remind me of the reasons I would want this car over a GTI.

Modified by lschw1 at 12:05 PM 5-26-2009

Modified by lschw1 at 12:33 PM 5-26-2009

Vehicles
      Scirocco MK1
      05-26-2009 11:26 AM #161
      It was a great presentation 23rd may 2009 at 24h Race nürburgring/germany. We are driving a corso
      with SciroccoR and Scirocco MK1 and MK2. It was a great
      happening.

Many thanks to Volkswagen Classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfvvW07q5bk

22. 05-26-2009 01:47 PM #162
      Quote, originally posted by lschw1 »
      It seems like we don't get to choose the transmission, it has less power than a three year old GTI with APR, and doesn't look as good as the current and next GTI. Assuming the price is not less than a GTI, remind me of the reasons I would want this car over a GTI.

Modified by lschw1 at 12:05 PM 5-26-2009

Modified by lschw1 at 12:33 PM 5-26-2009

Well thats 265hp without apr or any other tuning so if you tune a scirocco R then your lookn at atleast 300+ so that comparison doesnt work. and as of for the looks, i think its 1 of the best lookn dubs released to date, but not sayn i still dont love a good old mk2, its completely differnent. for a mk6 though by far the best hands down. so thats the reason you would want the car.....

Vehicles
      2011 135i, 2007 Mini Cooper
      05-26-2009 10:36 PM #163
      This car will never hit the US.

I'm in the Netherlands right now, heading to Germany in a few days. I am so furious at VWoA & AoA right now, after seeing all of these Sciroccos & S3s parked all over Amsterdam. It's infuriating.

Vehicles
      89/m3
      05-26-2009 11:11 PM #164

I hope that we get this in the US...

4motion would be awesome!

25. Member
      05-27-2009 12:55 AM #165
      do want

i hope it makes its way here

IG: @andyp666

H2Oi MKV GTG

26. 05-27-2009 11:21 AM #166
      Quote, originally posted by evilpat »
      You should be working at VWoA

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vehicles
      2004 GTI VR6
      05-28-2009 01:46 AM #167
      Why does each iteration of every VW model look more and more asian? This car could have a Volkswagen, Kia or Hyundai badge on it and I wouldn't look look twice. That said, I don't think is bad looking, just kind of non-descript.

Vehicles
      2014 Mazda 3i Touring
      05-29-2009 01:30 PM #168
      gorgeous car, period.
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stack View Post
      I often pass slow-moving Priuii on the right, my engine clubbing 9000 baby seals per minute while I do so.

29. 05-29-2009 02:32 PM #169
      are we 100% sure this is not comming stateside? this car would keep me in the vw family...

30. 05-29-2009 09:05 PM #170
      all i can say is WOW, i want one yesterday
      2012 Golf TDI

Vehicles
      20th Anniversary GTI
      05-29-2009 09:09 PM #171
      Quote, originally posted by TMH »
      gorgeous car, period.

Totally agree. Just can't understand those who say it doesn't look good. It's the best looking sporty car that VW has ever released. And I agree with the poster above, I'd like one yesterday.

edited for clarity

32. 05-30-2009 04:42 PM #172
      Wow that looks great. I can't see why this car must cost more than 35k, it doesn't have all wheel drive, shouldn't that cost less to make. The 2.0T is in a lot of cars their has to be some economies of scale there. Well I just leased a CC and its great, this would be great as my next car. VW please bring this car in manual as a replacement for the R32. DSG as an option fine, but this car will be better for America with a manual, I think we all learned that lesson with the two versions of the R32 we saw here. Sign me up!

Vehicles
      87 8v GTI, 04 STG3 GTI, 04 Jetta TDI, 06 Audi A3, 12 Passat SEL TDI
      06-01-2009 06:55 PM #173
      thanks for throwing this in our faces, knowing it will never make it to US soil.

Modified by lawless at 3:56 PM 6-1-2009

34. 06-01-2009 08:02 PM #174
      If anyone from VW is reading this I just have to say I've never seen a company make all the wrong moves and still be able to do business and keep loyal customers.

Remember what happened in 1991 wgen you almost had to pull out of the US market? Did you learn anything from that?

First off, you went sue-happy a few years ago and threatened/took to court many of the VW Shops and sites that loyally carry your banner, bring people to the brand, and live breathe and eat your product.....

I personaly know many of the people you harassed and it pissed off a lot of so badly they left the brand altogether.

Other car companies would kill for your owner loyalty and even PAY big money for it, not go after them and sue them.

Second, you pissed a lot of other people off with your faulty coil packs and faulty window regulators....a good amount of these people were not die-hard enthusiasts and weren't very forgiving because of the way you handled it and you lost them forever to other brands.

Third, you just don't have an exciting brand or lineup anymore.

I've personally had three MK IV's:

Leased an 01' Jetta GL

Traded that on a leased GTI 337
      (in the shop 4 times in the first 10k miles for coil packs and you would only replace them one at a time when they went out, thus putting me in a POS Malibu rental)

And then I had a Jazz Blue GTI 20th AE ordered but bought Project X instead.

Since then I went to Volvo and recently Leased an 09' Imprezza....

I got the Subaru because I don't like anything in the VW line-up and even a base Rabbit S wouldn't come close to the terms I got through Subaru.

TO get the same deal I would've had to come up with AT LEAST $3k more on a three year lease.

Here's to hoping you get your head out of your ass and give us what we want.

I'd like a Scirocco with a manual gear box.

I'd consider a Lupo or Polo also as I considered a Mini before this latest lease.

At least give us a diesel option in anything other than the homely Corolla-looking Jetta and even worse looking "Sport wagon"

Vehicles
      337 & MkII Coupe
      06-01-2009 08:05 PM #175
      Quote, originally posted by charlie_murphy! »

If anyone from VW is reading this I just have to say I've never seen a company make all the wrong moves and still be able to do business and keep loyal customers.

Remember what happened in 1991 wgen you almost had to pull out of the US market? Did you learn anything from that?

First off, you went sue-happy a few years ago and threatened/took to court many of the VW Shops and sites that loyally carry your banner, bring people to the brand, and live breathe and eat your product.....

I personaly know many of the people you harassed and it pissed off a lot of so badly they left the brand altogether.

Other car companies would kill for your owner loyalty and even PAY big money for it, not go after them and sue them.

Second, you pissed a lot of other people off with your faulty coil packs and faulty window regulators....a good amount of these people were not die-hard enthusiasts and weren't very forgiving because of the way you handled it and you lost them forever to other brands.

Third, you just don't have an exciting brand or lineup anymore.

I've personally had three MK IV's:

Leased an 01' Jetta GL

Traded that on a leased GTI 337
      (in the shop 4 times in the first 10k miles for coil packs and you would only replace them one at a time when they went out, thus putting me in a POS Malibu rental)

And then I had a Jazz Blue GTI 20th AE ordered but bought Project X instead.

Since then I went to Volvo and recently Leased an 09' Imprezza....

I got the Subaru because I don't like anything in the VW line-up and even a base Rabbit S wouldn't come close to the terms I got through Subaru.

TO get the same deal I would've had to come up with AT LEAST $3k more on a three year lease.

Here's to hoping you get your head out of your ass and give us what we want.

I'd like a Scirocco with a manual gear box.

I'd consider a Lupo or Polo also as I considered a Mini before this latest lease.

At least give us a diesel option in anything other than the homely Corolla-looking Jetta and even worse looking "Sport wagon"

My sentiments, exactly.

Boy do I hope VWoA get their heads out of their collective asses on this one...(not holding my breath though).

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast