Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Scirocco R Unveiled

1. Member
      Vehicles
      90 Corrado vr, 91 Eagle Talon Tsi, 99 Durango, 01 Focus
      05-21-2009 04:04 PM #106
      the pics of the white one posted by jaegervw2 are soo much better, that cars is sick because its actually a fast back like the scirocco, not a ghey hatch back.

2. 05-21-2009 05:09 PM #107
      I hope they have a better re sale value than the old ones. Mine 88 scirocco is in good shape and I can't even get rid of it for $500.

3. 05-21-2009 05:13 PM #108
      well if they bring over a limited number and they sell well (like the 04 R32) then they will hold their value

at this rate I may be driving my '04 R32 for the rest of my life, sorry VW, but you haven't given me an excuse to trade up yet....

4. 05-21-2009 09:08 PM #109
      wow, no r for us, and now this!

Vehicles
      Mk2 coupe, 2010 Xb RS7, 2013 Sienna
      05-21-2009 10:21 PM #110
      Quote, originally posted by ALPINE6SPD »

Please attach the picture of the civic your talking abut. I never saw an agressive style 2 door hatch by honda that is out now. I must be missing something. POST THOSE PICS UP ASAP because I might go trade in my GTI

Here is the current style.....

Notice...Im just posting the pic he asked for...Im not saying the rocco looks like an civc or anything.(Thats what the mk5 golf was for)

Vehicles
      2011 Tiguan SE
      05-21-2009 10:46 PM #111
      Quote, originally posted by EvilGTI »

Ummmmm.... a car carrier in Europe.

And as stated earlier.... This Scirocco or the Focus RS would be pushing $40-50k

Modified by EvilGTI at 10:34 PM 5-20-2009

I realize its a car carrier in Europe you missed my point...if that is the Scirocco R, then what are these models..?

7. Member
      Vehicles
      87 16v scirocco 93 slc
      05-21-2009 10:56 PM #112
      Quote, originally posted by Eric M »

I realize its a car carrier in Europe you missed my point...if that is the Scirocco R, then what are these models..?

wow interesting, dual exhaust or not? Cool wheels, what model is it?

Vehicles
      03 GTI 1.8T , 08 R32
      05-21-2009 11:53 PM #113
      wow i want one too

9. Member
      05-22-2009 12:55 AM #114
      Lurching towards the Scirocco, 85GTI makes low grunting sounds of approval while dragging his ape like arms along the floor

Modified by 85GTI at 10:00 PM 5-21-2009

10. 05-22-2009 01:23 AM #115
      Can't they just offer RWD or even AWD for once??? I no the car would be fun to drive even in FWD but come on, just one car.

11. 05-22-2009 02:09 AM #116
      This car definitely makes me want to reconsider getting a GTi.

12. 05-22-2009 05:26 AM #117
      Can anyone repaint it in black?

13. 05-22-2009 07:00 AM #118
      VWoA back in 2002 this forum pushed hard for the Euro 25th GTI and you gave us the 337, 1500 copies that had a internet presale and nearly half of the sold online the rest sold at sticker the second they hit the dealers books. The car went over so well that the next year you gave us the 20th which also sold well and has one of the best resale values of any VW. So why can't we go that route again, make it a very limited edition high priced decked out version of the car. Put it in all the US auto shows, and generate some excitement for the VW brand. Everyone will want to come see it, the die hards will buy it, and everyone else will be in your showrooms so you can show them how great and inexpensive most of the rest of your line up is. Generate some buzz, please your fans, sell some other models.

14. Member
      05-22-2009 09:09 AM #119
      Quote, originally posted by gtimg »
      So why can't we go that route again?

The process of bringing us the 337 required no federalization costs; chassis/engine/trans combo already existed here.

The Scirocco is an entirely new chassis and requires extensive testing before making it to US showrooms. So just getting the car to market already puts it in a big hole, financially speaking, and low sales volume predictions make it a losing proposition as far as VW is concerned.

Finally, it's VW's position that a relatively large percentage of US Scirocco sales would equate to a relatively large percentage of fewer GTI sales.

Vehicles
      VW CC 6MT, Ford Freestar, diesel rabbit (RIP)
      05-22-2009 10:09 AM #120
      if that car was available today, i'd actually go and buy one THEN reap the consequences of my wife finding out. for a car like that......it's worth it.

Vehicles
      VW CC 6MT, Ford Freestar, diesel rabbit (RIP)
      05-22-2009 10:10 AM #121
      Quote, originally posted by Eric M »

good shot! at least we know they're real somewhere right?

Vehicles
      1986 Scirocco, 1993 Fox, 1998 Vr6 gti, 1998 2.0T Jetta. 1993 240sx
      05-22-2009 11:58 AM #122
      This car should of been put out instead of the GTI by far the hottest new addition to the VW lineup.. Now please bring it to the states so i can sell all my cars and just have one sweet Scirocco!!! I also back the statement that they should at least put out a RWD model i mean seriously just 1 that isn't air cooled pleaseee
      WWW.ISLANDSLIDE.COM
      "Built.. Not Bought"

18. 05-22-2009 01:11 PM #123
      WHY WHY WHY do they bring cars here just to photograph them in places they will never be sold???????????????? At least they got the weather right in this one...

oh and found this Rieger body kit as well hmmmmm arrrrgggghhhhhh! BRING THIS CAR HERE!!!! SO BRING OVER LESS GTI's!

19. 05-22-2009 01:58 PM #124
      Only new VW I would consider buying

Vehicles
      2009 MINI Cooper S
      05-22-2009 04:29 PM #125
      Quote, originally posted by dpgreek »
      Let's not get our hopes up as the US will probaby NEVER see this car

Very true.

Regardless,... this car should have been a fastback - like the original Scirocco and Corrado. As a hatchback, it just looks like a shorter Golf.

Vehicles
      08 CW Gti
      05-22-2009 05:16 PM #126
      Its a shame that they didn't bring this bad boy to north america.

22. 05-22-2009 09:28 PM #127
      who cares, never coming to the usa

and plus, if is a stock VW, it has 0 balls and is so whimpy it drives like a grandma's car. I have a 04 gti and it is like a anyother stock whimpy car available.

Unless it is modded to the extremes, all cars are *****. Maybe a corvette or a porsche is an exception, but a VW? hahah

Modified by Fluxburn64 at 6:35 PM 5-22-2009

Vehicles
      Current - 04 VR6 GLI. History - 01 Jetta GLS traded for 04.5 A4 Avant traded for 04 R32(sold)
      05-22-2009 10:31 PM #128
      i've never seen a more perfect car. And we'll never see it

24. 05-22-2009 10:59 PM #129
      Quote, originally posted by Fluxburn64 »
      who cares, never coming to the usa

and plus, if is a stock VW, it has 0 balls and is so whimpy it drives like a grandma's car. I have a 04 gti and it is like a anyother stock whimpy car available.

Unless it is modded to the extremes, all cars are *****. Maybe a corvette or a porsche is an exception, but a VW? hahah

Modified by Fluxburn64 at 6:35 PM 5-22-2009

You make me pro-choice.

25. 05-23-2009 12:05 AM #130
      First off, this car is sex on wheels. Period. With the Rieger front end... O M G !

VWoA,

I was one of the many that responded to the official poll in '02 or '03 to please bring the MK4 R32 to the states. You asked me if you could bring a few thousand over, and it was around 30K, would I actually buy it. I gave you my word, and acted on it once you did so. This is the FIRST car that you have me REALLY excited about since that time. I now outright own my MK4 R32. However, I would look to sell it, and again give you my word, if you bring this car over to the states for around 30-33k, you'd have a pre-sale order from me. The US has a market for this as well!

Please and Thank you!

Modified by RiGoR at 9:06 PM 5-22-2009

26. 05-23-2009 12:46 AM #131
      bah just as lame as the r32's "performance." Rofl.

Vehicles
      | 01 1.8t | 09 2.0T |
      05-23-2009 02:01 AM #132
      Quote, originally posted by Rem »

You make me pro-choice.

that made my day

Vehicles
      2000 S4, 1981 Scirocco, 09' Aprilia RS125 fo da street
      05-23-2009 09:19 AM #133
      Quote, originally posted by jaegervw2 »

IMO, I still they need to make it a true fast back like so:

Is this a recent concept, or is this pre Scirocco3 pics? Those lines are off the chain! ^

I do believe that a 6spd will be available, look at the part in this article that mentions the (...opt for the DSG box) in this article. Evo likes to get the jump on info like this even if it is only a day ahead of everyone else...

http://www.evo.co.uk/

Vehicles
      2010 A3, 2010 Ford Transit, Mk6 GTI
      05-23-2009 09:33 AM #134
      bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it bring it

Modified by g60manny at 6:38 AM 5-23-2009

Vehicles
      2010 A3, 2010 Ford Transit, Mk6 GTI
      05-23-2009 09:38 AM #135
      i will take a yellow one

31. 05-23-2009 12:41 PM #136
      Quote, originally posted by evilpat »

that made my day

Hah, since my intelligence level is off the charts and you are embarrassed to be alive, yes you wish in pro-choice so your existence would not be. I can always recommend the Power Exchange in SF, and you can easily acquire HIV-D mutation which cannot be cured from drugs and end you pathetic life in 3-4 years even with the best health care.

Any more questions?

32. 05-23-2009 02:21 PM #137
      bring this car to america or i will be forced to buy another mk2,3,or 4.

33. 05-23-2009 02:54 PM #138

Any more questions?

Yes, lots.

Firstly, why are you so ****ing stupid?

Do you not know anything about... anything? Let's take a look at what you said...

If it is a stock car; it is very sad indeed unless you wasted >$40,000
      which is even more pathetic and shows how stupid you are.

So, as you say, everybody in the world should be driving a car on the level of Corvette, Porsche or Ferrari, and that everything else on the road is a piece of ****. And anybody who buys a car that costs less then 40 grand is stupid and pathetic. By your wonderful logic, every car that costs less then 40 grand should be taken off the market. Because, of course, everybody needs to be able to get to work going 170mph, right? So why haven't you bought a Porsche yet?

POS #1 97 Jetta, POS #2 04 Gti

Are you for real?

You refer to your own cars as pieces of ****, and at the same time you're calling yourself pathetic and stupid in your own sig. Then why are you even here? This is VW forum. You have no respect for any of their cars, let alone your own cars. So what the **** are you doing here? The fact that you're still allowed to post here blows my mind.

Hah, since my intelligence level is off the charts

It sure is.

34. 05-23-2009 05:05 PM #139
      Quote, originally posted by Rem »

Yes, lots.

Firstly, why are you so ****ing stupid?

Do you not know anything about... anything? Let's take a look at what you said...

So, as you say, everybody in the world should be driving a car on the level of Corvette, Porsche or Ferrari, and that everything else on the road is a piece of ****. And anybody who buys a car that costs less then 40 grand is stupid and pathetic. By your wonderful logic, every car that costs less then 40 grand should be taken off the market. Because, of course, everybody needs to be able to get to work going 170mph, right? So why haven't you bought a Porsche yet?

Are you for real?

You refer to your own cars as pieces of ****, and at the same time you're calling yourself pathetic and stupid in your own sig. Then why are you even here? This is VW forum. You have no respect for any of their cars, let alone your own cars. So what the **** are you doing here? The fact that you're still allowed to post here blows my mind.

It sure is.

haha, somebody go get some milk for johnny hahaha.

35. 05-23-2009 05:49 PM #140
      who is this 'fluxburn64" and why is he on this forum , other than to flame? comments not on topic and no less short of threats of giving someone aids should be banned for life

it's one thing to just say you don't like the car, it's a whole 'nother thing to call everyone (including yourself by your own 'wisdom') a moron. 'nough about that.

back to the real topic. The Scirocco_R HEY VWOA if "its' vhat da people vant" as your new slogan, then quess what?
      This car "IS VHAT DA PEOPLE VANT!"

Modified by jaegervw2 at 12:38 AM 5-24-2009

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast