Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: New Scirocco R Unveiled

Vehicles
      04 Jetta, 06 2.5L Jetta
      04-15-2012 05:39 PM #246
      bring it to America already im so sick of drooling over these on the internet i want to own one
      instagram: Rgjeff

2. 06-03-2012 02:17 PM #247
      My pops works at the chicago airport and he saw two of these come in nicely wrapped

3. 07-31-2012 01:56 PM #248
      here we are three years later, and this car still makes me freaking drool

Vehicles
      1988 16v Scirocco 80 Caddy 03 allroad
      09-04-2012 11:51 AM #249
      Agreed.......Why would it be so bad to sell these in addition to the GTI's. I recently bought a 2012 GTI and love the car.

But.....

I would have gladly bought the substantially more expensive Scirocco R had it been available.

Seems no way for this logic to reach the folks at VWOA though so I'm just another dreamer on a board with the way's and means to afford a car that someones decided isn't right for me.

Come on VWOA let me have a new Scirocco R in my garage to compliment my 88 16v!
      Last edited by Sanityana; 09-04-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Vehicles
      1994 vw jetta
      09-04-2012 04:17 PM #250
      If this beauty comes to the states i will be more than surprised. should they, def, will they. no, because vw would put all of the other companys in to big of a crunch to bring something half this sweet

6. Junior Member
      12-04-2012 09:46 AM #251
      I delivered one of these just a few weeks ago to a customer in Bristol, maybe 50 miles from where my dealership is. It was the R DSG in Rising Blue with a few extras on top. Out of all the VWs I've driven recently, including Touareg and Golf Ed35 DSG, this car was THE biggest gas-guzzler I've seen at VW.

I must have got 17 MPG, if that.

The best thing about the handover though, the woman who bought it was a 50-something divorcee, really nice, sweet woman. The kind who bakes a lot of pies and designs cross-stitch patterns to make her post-marriage income. I'm driving up her street at about 10 or 15 MPH, the car's going "blublublublublbub" and absolutely devouring the fuel in the tank, and she looks shocked.

"Is that my car making that noise!?" she says.

"Yes it is" I say

"What the hell track car have I ordered!!?!?"

"You have ordered a Scirocco R. It's not quite a track car but it is really fast. Really fast. Good thing there's a petrol station just down the road"

"Oh..."

"Don't you like it?"

"No I love it. I love the look. I love the alloys. I only bought it because of those alloys."

Haha, she was awesome. Fancy buying a £30k sports car just because you like the alloys. I have seen her pootling up and down the motorway doing about 50 once or twice.

Vehicles
      2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition
      12-05-2012 11:43 PM #252
      Quote Originally Posted by Green Hare View Post
      Quote, originally posted by 78 Rocco »
      But only in a manual....

I know That the Golf R was released only as a stick shift in the US and I believe that the Scirocco type R is the same.. In fact I believe any VW type R is released in the US is strictly stick shift.. although I'm almost 100% sure you can order them custom designed.
      03 VDuB Jetta Wolfsburg
      ·1.8T 180 HP (AWP EC)
      ·Horsepower 180 @ 5500 RPM
      ·Torque (lb-ft) 173 @ 1950 RPM
      Jay Cashman

Vehicles
      2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition
      12-05-2012 11:47 PM #253
      and apparently I was wrong.. should have checked the Gallery first off
      03 VDuB Jetta Wolfsburg
      ·1.8T 180 HP (AWP EC)
      ·Horsepower 180 @ 5500 RPM
      ·Torque (lb-ft) 173 @ 1950 RPM
      Jay Cashman

9. 12-07-2012 07:12 PM #254
      Quote Originally Posted by BoyoUK View Post
      I delivered one of these just a few weeks ago to a customer in Bristol, maybe 50 miles from where my dealership is. It was the R DSG in Rising Blue with a few extras on top. Out of all the VWs I've driven recently, including Touareg and Golf Ed35 DSG, this car was THE biggest gas-guzzler I've seen at VW.

I must have got 17 MPG, if that.

The best thing about the handover though, the woman who bought it was a 50-something divorcee, really nice, sweet woman. The kind who bakes a lot of pies and designs cross-stitch patterns to make her post-marriage income. I'm driving up her street at about 10 or 15 MPH, the car's going "blublublublublbub" and absolutely devouring the fuel in the tank, and she looks shocked.

"Is that my car making that noise!?" she says.

"Yes it is" I say

"What the hell track car have I ordered!!?!?"

"You have ordered a Scirocco R. It's not quite a track car but it is really fast. Really fast. Good thing there's a petrol station just down the road"

"Oh..."

"Don't you like it?"

"No I love it. I love the look. I love the alloys. I only bought it because of those alloys."

Haha, she was awesome. Fancy buying a £30k sports car just because you like the alloys. I have seen her pootling up and down the motorway doing about 50 once or twice.
      Keep in touch with her, she'll probably keep it in mint condition with low miles and want to get rid of it when the gas becomes too much...

10. 12-30-2012 09:09 PM #255
      Hey, I've just received a free Minecraft Giftcode!
      You can get one too!

>> minecraftcodes.me <<

Vehicles
      2012 stg2+ GTI, 2008 mitsu EVOX IG: GTI_zks
      01-10-2013 09:59 PM #256
      i like these a lot. sexy

12. 01-16-2013 02:16 PM #257
      Wow this is nice, it's also got the same HP as the Golf R! I wonder if it will make it to the US market.

13. 01-17-2013 12:42 PM #258
      I'd trade in my Jetta for this anyday.

14. 02-09-2013 06:44 PM #259
      It's a shame they don't see the potential this car has in America. I switched over to BMW for a couple of cars before going back to old school MK1's because to me they are a drivers car. Closest VW drivers car with sex appeal is over seas and as I age out and have more discretionary spending ability it pushes me away from the brand. Shame on the executives at VW. My son is 16 and just acquired a MK1 and has no desire for new VW's. But BMW's like 1M's and Mcoupes are in his interest. Guess they r just going for the mainstream Camry and Accord purchasers so they can be the highest volume company in the world.

15. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2002 VW GTI
      02-14-2013 01:09 AM #260
      It's a gorgeous car

Vehicles
      '99 Regal GS, '06 G35 coupe
      02-17-2013 04:35 PM #261
      In the rare chance that anyone from VWoA reads these forums:

Bring.
      The.
      New.
      Scirocco.
      To.
      The.
      U.S.

Seriously if you can price these right, you will have tons of Americans who grew up in the 70s and 80s (you know, the people who actually have money and aren't afraid to put their money where their mouth is?) lining up to buy a Scirocco for the nostalgia. We want a coupe that doesn't look like we borrowed it from our wife's hairdresser, and right now we're having to look to other manufacturers to find one.

Drop the 3-door Golf/GTI and make it exclusively a 5-door so there are no lineup conflicts.

Do it. Pick any engine, it doesn't even matter. Just give us a choice of manual or DSG.

People like me, who have money but refuse to drive a sedan, an Eos, or a Beetle, want a reason to love VW again.

Do it.
      Shut up, Farva.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678