Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Blacker II BEV 16V Turbo

Vehicles
      '09 CC 3.6, 2009 Mercedes GL450, '99 Ducati 996
      11-13-2009 05:33 PM #101
      Quote, originally posted by elRey »
      Having the cam position sensor misaligned will not break anything. Worst case is that the engine will not run. But the typical symptom of a bad CPS or misaligned CPS is that the car won't rev past ~3000RPM while driving.
      When I first did the swap, I had a bad hall sensor that would stop working when it got heat soaked. It cut power at 3000 RPM.

This is what I needed to know! Thanks!
      Nice exhaust duke, what kit is it?
      Check out MrsShifty's 16v MkIV Build!

Robert Lackey - Service Manager, Fowler Volkswagen of Norman

Vehicles
      98 VW Golf (AEG) RIP, 04 VW Golf 16VT (In Progress)
      11-13-2009 05:34 PM #102
      TT 2.5" with Flowmaster exhaust
      :bow Old Vortex

Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      Really Volvo? A failure of system that is supposed to save the inattentive would have been noticed by a real inattentive driver?
      Really?

3. 11-13-2009 07:18 PM #103
      if bahn brenner would fab up some parts and put together a 16v swap kit for mk4's id be all over it! keep up the good work

Vehicles
      11-14-2009 06:27 PM #104
      Quote, originally posted by skidmarkus »
      if bahn brenner would fab up some parts and put together a 16v swap kit for mk4's id be all over it! keep up the good work

there is actually someone at INA Engineering that is working on it
      read more here
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/zer...age=1

Really Volvo? A failure of system that is supposed to save the inattentive would have been noticed by a real inattentive driver?
      Really?

5. Member
      Vehicles
      some dubs
      11-14-2009 07:35 PM #105
      this is looking awesome man [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      >TUNA CREW<

Vehicles
      11-15-2009 09:07 PM #106
      hey rey or shifty
      if this the tensioner that i need?
      is there a special way to put this on the head or anything? I have never had to deal with a dampener before does the head have a hole it it to accomodate it
      http://www.germanautoparts.com...26/11

Really?

Vehicles
      11-15-2009 09:45 PM #107
      No you'll need the 16v one. Like this:
      http://www.worldimpex.com/part....html
      PM replied BTW! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      16vt 2.0L MK4 Jetta Wagon | B6 A4 Avant
      11-15-2009 10:12 PM #108
      I didn't consider the 1.8T hydraulic tensioner because I didn't have one on hand like I did for the 8v and 16v and because of the price.
      BUT looking at some pictures online, It 'may' be possible to use it. You won't know unless you try it.

Modified by elRey at 10:17 PM 11-15-2009

Vehicles
      11-15-2009 10:15 PM #109
      didnt you suggest to me somewhere that i can use it?
      i guess ill have to pick the stuff up tomorrow and check to see if it will work

Really?

Vehicles
      11-15-2009 10:27 PM #110
      from what i can tell looking in the bentley i think it may just work... I took a look at one of the tensioners yesterday and it does stick out a good half inch further then the 16V one which if about what i noticed when i tried putting spacers behind the 16V tensioner to line it up
      the only thing i dont know for sure right now is if the 2L block has the 1.8T lower dampener hole i assume it would considering they are the same block just bored out
      from looking at my pictures i do have the upper hole so let us pray... ill let everyone know tomorrow..... the price for the dampener and tensioner arent that bad i priced them out at about 100 bucks for them both, certainly cheaper then making a custom spacer that might not work right

Really?

11. 11-16-2009 04:26 PM #111
      hi, found this thread and wondered what output you where expecting to get with this combination,
      did a 16v digi2 conversion in july 2008 as phase1 progressing hopefully to a 16v eaton at some time, considering a turbo, had thoughts about using 1.8T ecu and wiring as a possibility then forgot about the thought then remembered about it when i found your build,
      what ecu and wiring would you be using and do you think this is a possibility with the mk2 fuse box

Vehicles
      11-17-2009 07:10 PM #112
      Ok so i got some big work done today..... some rreally important work actually....
      I finally sorted out my issue with using plugs and wires and instead am using coil packs now.....
      I had to do some major trimming to get the coils to get all the way down but they are snug in there... I think ill look for an oring or something to try and seal the holes a little more but they are in there good
      here are the stages of the trim

1. You have to use and exacto knife and shave all rubber off the coil all the way up to the top indent (comes off easy)
      2. You get a hack saw and you cut the plastic that is underneath until you get to the metal and then you pull that off (wasnt that hard)
      Next thing i got was my oil return line back.... strictly hydraulics in dartmouth made it up for me i would highly recommend then they have done a few lines for me im getting them to make up all my braided stuff

Also got my TB mounted (ignore the hoses I just threw them on there so i didnt loose them

I think im going to look at attaching the CPS from a 1.8T right onto the cam gear if possible...... then block off the dizzy side..... I have to get access to a 1.8T head with some parts on it and i might be able to..... I dont know yet
      ill keep you all posted

Really?

Vehicles
      11-17-2009 07:16 PM #113
      Quote, originally posted by 6a2.0digi2 &raquo;
      hi, found this thread and wondered what output you where expecting to get with this combination,
      did a 16v digi2 conversion in july 2008 as phase1 progressing hopefully to a 16v eaton at some time, considering a turbo, had thoughts about using 1.8T ecu and wiring as a possibility then forgot about the thought then remembered about it when i found your build,
      what ecu and wiring would you be using and do you think this is a possibility with the mk2 fuse box

Im hoping for around 300HP 280-300TQ ish
      as for your question I would go standalone if i were you...... if i had to do over again my whole build I think i woud have done a 20V head so i could use the 2L block and all 1.8T stuff.... for you to use the 1.8T harness youll have a lot of extra things that you wont need the 1.8T ECU is going to go crazy and i doubt youd be able to use the MKII fuse box....
      if you want more power out of your car eithr do standalone or find yourself a complete 1.8T and do a swap

Really?

Vehicles
      11-17-2009 08:14 PM #114

Looking good bro, nice progress!!! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

15. 11-18-2009 06:26 PM #115
      1.8t conversions out the question, and so is standalone
      the reason your thread stood out to me was the title mkiv 16vt, i fully expected to read that you where using standalone bt then i read that you where using( 1.8T (late model) ECU 1.8T (Late model) Wiring Harness) this is the bit that got really interested as all other threads on 16vt are either standalone or digi1
      digi1 wld be easy change ecu and wiring and all assosiated intake plumbing
      the idea of using an easily remappable 20vt ecu and wiring is so appeling tht i think thts why i had the thought so many month ago, i admit that i know shi* about 20vt's apart from tht they have 20valves and the 180bhp versions have trouble keepin up with the 6a 2liter port&polished gti cam'd 16v
      anyway obviously theres more to your swap than swappin over a dizzy trigger wheel, what sensors does the ecu read from other than the lamda, map and tb sensors
      does your block alread have a crank trigger (id have to get one if you do)does 20vt use cam position sensor etc
      clocks and immobilisers no probs, can get it deleted when its remapped
      cheers

Vehicles
      11-18-2009 06:31 PM #116
      think of it this way this is what i remembered through the whole build
      both the 1.8T and the 2L blocks are the same just bored different...... so if I replaced everything with 1.8T parts I can trick the ECU into thinking the car is a 1.8T
      thats why im dealing coil packs and the 1.8T ECU and the complete 1.8T wiring....
      im still looking for a better mount for the CPS...... I want to use the whole sensor somehow soon as i get to see the whole assembly I man finda way to mount it on the cam sprocket then everything will run the same way and all the plugs will fit and hopefully it will run like a champ

Really?

Vehicles
      11-19-2009 11:29 AM #117
      How did the 1.8T hydraulic tensioner work out?

Vehicles
      11-19-2009 12:22 PM #118
      Not sure yet..... I haven't got my hands on one yet ..... But believe me I'll post if I do I'm also considering getting a tensioners spacer made up for the 16v tensioners.... Something that would cup the back so it can't shift like it might on washers
      my concern right now is the CPS i'm getting a whole 1.8t assembly this weekend aswell I'm going to see if there is any way at all to fabricate comthibg else who know

Really?

Vehicles
      11-20-2009 05:44 PM #119
      Got some work done today.... started by pulling the 2L harness out of the car.... actually easier then i thought but I still a paint to get under the cowl...... can someone tell me if there is an easy way to get the thing off I stuck my arms underneath it and pulled the connectors out... would have been a lot better if i could have found a way to get it off
      Next step was to put the 1.8T wiring harness onto the motor.... I thought for a while the easiest thing to do would be put it in the car first but after some of the stupid things i ran into im definitely glad i did the harness in the motor first
      Everything worked out good I had to lengthen the line for the AIT sensor..... I also had to swap connectors for the connector on the oil filter flange see the difference......

for those that dont know how to swap the connectors between the harnesses is a matter of looking inside the connector and pulling out the purple piece of plastic then just yank out the wire from the back......
      I got everything all plugged in but im not sure what some of the connectors are for.... im sure they are things not on my 2L ..... im hoping the elrey might be able to help me out with these
      Im assuming the connector in the middle is for the CPS sensor but the one on the left and the one above the CPS... im not sure what they are

and on this side the connector that is dangling on the left

I also mounted my manual boost controller

I came across a 1.8T coil pack the other day now i realise y you cant use the 1.8T packs with this set up as they are too short

Really?

Vehicles
      11-20-2009 06:53 PM #120
      The red circles are the ones i need to know for sure

Really?

Vehicles
      11-20-2009 10:36 PM #121
      Quote, originally posted by duke_seb &raquo;
      Im assuming the connector in the middle is for the CPS sensor but the one on the left and the one above the CPS... im not sure what they are

top middle = knock sensor 1
      lower left = throttle body
      lower right = CPS

and on this side the connector that is dangling on the left

if you're talking about the one on the far left near your broken oil dipstick funnel, I can't tell where it's coming from. Maybe SAI kombi valve solenoid (N112). The ones in the lower center of the pic:
      Gray = Crank Position Sensor
      lower middle = DV N249
      lower right = oil pressure

I came across a 1.8T coil pack the other day now i realise y you cant use the 1.8T packs with this set up as they are too short

I thought we had a conversation about which COPs are usable?
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2368051

Modified by elRey at 10:50 PM 11-20-2009

Vehicles
      11-20-2009 10:40 PM #122
      The red circles are the ones i need to know for sure

from left to right:
      TB
      CPS
      knock 1
      RPM/crank position
      oil pressure
      knock 2
      VSS
      and one you missed right above VVT: ECT
      Is this harness from an automatic? I don't see a reverse light connector.
      nevermind, it won't have the VSS is it was an auto harness.
      edit

Modified by elRey at 10:51 PM 11-20-2009

Vehicles
      11-20-2009 10:42 PM #123
      Quote, originally posted by elRey &raquo;
      I thought we had a conversation about which COPs are usable?
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2368051

I believe we did and you suggested 2.5L MKV ones.....
      with the trimming they fit perfect
      am i missing something?

Really?

Vehicles
      11-20-2009 10:45 PM #124
      Quote, originally posted by elRey &raquo;

Is this harness from an automatic? I don't see a reverse light connector.
      ]

i dont know i was sure it was from a stick... I could be wrong though

Really?

Vehicles
      11-20-2009 10:52 PM #125
      am i missing something?

Nah, I thought I mentioned 1.8T COPs were too short.
      I edited my above posts with more concise info.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast