Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Blacker II BEV 16V Turbo

Vehicles
      16vt 2.0L MK4 Jetta Wagon | B6 A4 Avant
      11-21-2009 01:29 AM #141
      even with deletes you need to run resistors for the fuel trims to work correctly. The deletes only handle the DTC and CEL.

Vehicles
      98 VW Golf (AEG) RIP, 04 VW Golf 16VT (In Progress)
      11-21-2009 10:10 AM #142
      yea i read that in another forum too........

so i just get the resistors from radio shack and the plug them into the extra wires on the harness

sounds easy enough

:bow Old Vortex

Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      Really Volvo? A failure of system that is supposed to save the inattentive would have been noticed by a real inattentive driver?
      Really?

Vehicles
      11-24-2009 08:31 PM #143
      Ok a couple things to report

I got my hands on a 1.8t tensioners and damper so I attempted to use that but with them I found the Lexus belt was too short I would say by about 4 teeth I'm looking into another belt to see if I can make it work... I like the tensioners system better on the 1.8t so I would rather use it if I can..... I also noticed that the 1.8t tensioners is a little skinnier then the 16v one the Lexus belt doesn't quite fit just a but to big

here is a picture of the belt in both setups

Modified by duke_seb at 8:36 PM 11-24-2009

Really Volvo? A failure of system that is supposed to save the inattentive would have been noticed by a real inattentive driver?
      Really?

Vehicles
      11-24-2009 09:13 PM #144
      what about a 1.8T t-belt?

I didn;t realize converting to a mechanical tensioner required a different belt on the 20v.

Vehicles
      11-24-2009 09:14 PM #145
      I thought the reason behind the Lexus belt was cuz it was longer?

Really?

Vehicles
      11-25-2009 01:54 PM #146
      Alright kind of a piss off now that I spent $80 on it but the gs300 timing belt only wold with the 16v tensioners spaced out it's 144 teeth

the 1.8t one is 150 teeth..... Which work right into how many I thought I was short

so my intension is to run the 1.8t belt with the 1.8t tensioners and damper...... I'll post pictures after I get it together

Really?

Vehicles
      11-25-2009 01:58 PM #147
      You spent $80 on a t-belt????????????????

Vehicles
      11-25-2009 02:00 PM #148
      The gs300 was $80cdn incuding taxes

Really?

Vehicles
      11-25-2009 02:03 PM #149
      From where ? A Lexuz dealership?

If you didn't run it, you should check to see if you can return it.

$23 from the local autoparts store here.

Vehicles
      11-25-2009 02:49 PM #150
      Already tried ..... Once u take it out of celephane they won't take it back....

Is there a difference between a 1.8t and 2.0 cam geear other then the spacing... I want to pick up the belt right now but I want to be sure that if I fit it it's not going to change

Really?

Vehicles
      11-25-2009 03:26 PM #151
      the key is different

Vehicles
      11-25-2009 03:41 PM #152
      And what do I do about that?

Really?

Vehicles
      11-26-2009 09:55 AM #153
      Quote, originally posted by elRey »
      the key is different
      What do I need to do with that anything special?
      When u say key I'm assuming ur talking about the opening on the inside of the sprocket that lines up the gear to the camshaft correctly?

What is the difference? I don't have one infrobt of me so I don't know the diff..... I'm assuming ur using one so it can't be that hard to manufacture it

Really?

Vehicles
      11-28-2009 09:10 AM #154
      ok well I got everything sorted out right now except the CPS sensor (which I really want to try and find another way to mount), I need a Cam gear, 1.8T timing belt, and I need to figure out the vacuum and coolant lines......

hope someone in this thread can tell me where some of these lines go

The one that goes around the dip stick?

I know that the one on the back of the pipe goes to the firewall.... not 100% on which hole though.... An im not sure where the one on the side there goes?

The one at the bottom of the side cooland flange

and when dealing with the vacuum lines on the TB I know the one that goes under the intake mani and accross but the other 2 on the TB im sure one goes to the firewall into one of those coolant ports and the other is a mystery

Really?

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta 1.8T AutoTragic
      11-28-2009 12:44 PM #155
      I am not sure but the bottom one on the underside of the coolant flange would go to the trans cooler and than the oil housing. At least on my 1.8t that what it does.

Vehicles
      11-28-2009 02:34 PM #156
      Well I got myself a 1.8T belt today from NAPA and tested it out...... too long..... looks like im going to need something with 146-147 teeth...... I have 2 on order to test out this week.... I suppose I could go back to the 16V tensioner but I really want to make this 1.8T setup work

my second problem is that 20V cam gear..... I cant get my hands on one... and hwen i get it I dont know what its going to fit like.......what a pain in the ass

I have one other thing im going to try with the cam gear but im not going to post about it until i know if it works or not

Really?

Vehicles
      11-28-2009 06:52 PM #157
      OK well I figured something out that may work......

I personally didnt build my head I had a shop do it so I didnt know what the cam gear looks like off...... so I took the 16V one off the head and took a look at it...... then I flipped it around and put back on the head and voila it almost fits ..... I measured the gaps with it flipped around, it looks like it will line up perfectly with the water pump and crank.....

my next task will be to see if i can find a machine shop that can trim the key to mirror the other side

here is a picture of what im talking about

Really?

Vehicles
      12-04-2009 10:04 PM #158
      update.....

motor is back in the car....... ill have better pictures tomorrow when i get more together I ran out of time tonight but here we go...weeeee

Really?

Vehicles
      12-05-2009 08:01 PM #159
      alright more to show..... I havent connected anything on the rad support yet.... I still have a couple things I need to address prior to reconnecting everything but everything on the motor is ready to go... minus one coolant hose that im waiting on the dealer for.

all my clearances look good... there are a couple welded in screws on the firewall that will hit the turbo when the motor moves but with them cut out I should have about 2-3 inches clearance all around the turbo I will probably run more sheild up the firewall... the only spot that i dont trully like is where the turbo is positioned referencing the A/C lines..... the air intake part of the turbo is going to have to make a hard 90 in order to clear it...... Im hoping I can get it done

I realised a couple days ago that using this 16V scirocco intake just isnt going to jive and I realised today how much more of the pain it would be to use it..... I litterally have no space between the TB and the air filter...... I know i can delete it and I probably will but after that and some interference from the coils and the oil cap Ive decided to go with a shortrunner intake .... should have it a lot easier on the intercooler piping aswell

I also got my TT exhaust all in..... next weekend RabbitMan and I are going to get the downpipe and cat welded in....... and then move on to the intercooler piping

here are some pictures

and jamie throwing some caffine in the car

car is starting to look like a car again.... cant wait to get her going again

Modified by duke_seb at 8:18 PM 12-5-2009

Modified by duke_seb at 8:28 PM 12-5-2009

Really?

Vehicles
      12-10-2009 05:36 PM #160
      couple updates....

got a few more pieces sorted out.... I was having trouble getting the A/C compressor back on the mount got that sorted.... then I put the rad support back on and finally got it all connected..... just waiting on one rad hose

atfer that I popped on a new set of brakes take a look at the contraption i had to devise to make it work...... I was buy myself or i would have tried just using channel locks and a vise

after doing all the brakes on to the downpipe I have the main pipe tacked and taped.... im oing to pick up a flex WG pipe tomorrow origianlly I wanted to put the WG pipe above the flex but because of space im stuck now with putting it below

lots more to follow in the next few days... hoping to sort out the intake situation shortly.... looking at getting a 1.8T intake hybrid 16V flange made up and thenill start the piping for the intercooler

Really?

Vehicles
      12-10-2009 10:42 PM #161
      got the main part of the downpipe done....

tomorrow i have to go get myself some flex for the wastegate and then weld on the O2 bung and the DP will be done....

after that its mostly easy stuff... I have to get the intake situation sorted out and I need to route the piping for the intercooler but I dont want to do that til i get the intake

I still need go through the bentley and sort out the fuel return as my return for my golf is in the tank... want to convert to using a 1.8T fuel rail

anyway pictures

Really?

Vehicles
      2003 TTq coupe, 2001 Forester L
      12-11-2009 07:37 PM #162
      What cat is that (sorry if I missed that bit of info)?
      Audi TT mk1 FAQ zero Porsche wheels given

Quote Originally Posted by silverspeedbuggy View Post
      TCL 1991 edition - Can't afford a CRX, what would TCL do: Hyundai Scoupe vs. Toyota Paseo vs. Geo Storm

Vehicles
      12-11-2009 07:45 PM #163
      Quote, originally posted by l88m22vette »
      What cat is that (sorry if I missed that bit of info)?

magnaflow 2.5" highflow cat

Really?

Vehicles
      12-11-2009 09:00 PM #164
      well ive hit another problem..... I put my downpipe all together figuring I wouldnt have a problem finding a flexpipe for my wastegate....

figures..... does anyone in here know where i can find a 38mm/1.5" braided flexpipe?....

Really?

Vehicles
      12-11-2009 09:04 PM #165

Really?

Vehicles
      12-14-2009 10:38 PM #166
      ok.... so I decided to redo the CPS sensor.... I got ahold of a whole 1.8T sensor and dismantles it and put it together into the 16V diz

First I had to drill out the rivets to get the plastic sensor piece out of the 18T enclosure

then I took a couple of self tapping screws and screws the piece in putting it as close to the center of the diz as possible

then I broke the black cover off the 18T connector and twisted the wires a little and popped the connector back into the 18T housing

right now im looking for a way to connect the housings together....

one thing that I did realise today was that with the big openings for the screws in the 16V diz you can rotate it back or forward to line up TDC on the Trigger wheel with TDC on the cam

more updates coming.... not much left to do just need to get ahold of a flexpipe for the wastegate and get my timing belt tensioner spaced out... then all i got left is intercooler piping and an ECU reprogram

Really?

Vehicles
      12-14-2009 11:12 PM #167
      Very creative

Vehicles
      12-16-2009 10:28 PM #168
      well not much left to do right now....

got my timing belt on tonight.....spaced out the tenioner..... for those that do this build in the future putting on a 16V tensioner on to this car with the MKIV mounts is a bitch...... so i spend the better part of an hour trying all sorts of things to get the tensioner tight so i could tighten the nut...... everything i tried for the first hour worked to turn it but then i couldnt get a wrench on the nut....

so for those that are intereted in weird and stupid ****...... I found myself 2 1/8 drill bits and cut the drill parts off and then stuck them in the 2 holes and then used a screwdriver leveraged between them to rotate the tensioner

got the CPS in place all fitting well.... need to find a way to mount the cap though

and put on the accessory belt....

fun stuff

Really?

Vehicles
      project central
      12-17-2009 07:50 PM #169
      Quote Originally Posted by 2mAn View Post
      go crash into a hybrid
      For powder coating and fabrication ---> www.roguemetalworks.com
      IG- Roguemetal

Vehicles
      12-18-2009 10:08 PM #170
      so some updates... I have just about all of the stuff I can do worked out now

I still have to get some charge piping run

put in the Manual boost controller

I still need to get a fitting for my fuel rail..... and I need to finish the Wastegate DP after that its all about software and she will be ready to go

here are some pictures

Really?

Vehicles
      Mk1, Mk2, Mk6, E30 and some Tomo's.
      12-19-2009 02:12 AM #171
      Can I have your old 8v intake manifold?

32. 12-19-2009 04:32 AM #172
      i cant wait to see this complete

Vehicles
      12-19-2009 09:33 AM #173
      Quote, originally posted by Unit01 »
      Can I have your old 8v intake manifold?

have no..... buy yes

the engine covr is for sale two

Really?

Vehicles
      12-23-2009 09:41 AM #174
      Alright some updates

I made a few thread and talked to a few people about one issue that that Ive been dealing with this week....

and that is the returnless fuel rail that comes stock on this car. After looking through a bunch of the photos and diagrams from the bentley and talking to people I think im going to try and use it prior to swaping out with the one from the 1.8T system

I cant see anything in the diagrams that link the 1.8T ECU to the FPR in the tank so i dont see how the car will know one way or the other which system im using

but im not going to start the car til i can get my hands on a wideband AFR to be sure its ok

here are the diagrams im talking about

got my software situation sorted out... originally was going to go with Unitronic 630cc flash... but after some research found that Eurodyne's Maestro 7 is going to work better for me

http://eurodyne.ca

Did a little more work on the DP last night need to fit the wastegate flange into the car with the flex on it to see how much of the flex im going to need

still havent popped the MBC in yet and im waiting on some piping to finish the intake

and a picture of my buddys VR Rabbit build in the process of putting in motor mounts

Really?

Vehicles
      '01 Jetta 16v(!), '09 CC VR6, 2001 Mercedes R320 CDI, '01 Triumph TT Warbird, '01 R1
      12-28-2009 05:46 PM #175

Awesome, another one ready to come to life...

Check out MrsShifty's 16v MkIV Build!

Robert Lackey - Service Manager, Fowler Volkswagen of Norman

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast