Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 36 to 70 of 78

    Thread: Brand New 02A and 02J Transmissions Available from AP Tuning

    1. Forum Sponsor Tom@APTuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2004
      Location
      30 S 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042
      Posts
      21,549
      Vehicles
      Golf R s3+, GTI s3+, MK4 R18 s3+, V6TT F150
      04-20-2011 10:11 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by black wolfsburg 99 View Post
      Do you still have any of these in stock? How much for shipping to 92408 in a California business area? Any credit for a fully working one that grinds into 2nd sometimes? I have a 2003 Jetta 1.8t.

      1.8T Compatible Code(s): EGX, EGC, EGD, ELG, EBQ, FBW, EMT, EMR
      Ring & Pinion: 3.94
      Gear Ratios: 1 = 3.30; 2 = 2.12; 3 = 1.31; 4 = 1.03; 5 = 0.84
      Price: $1295.00
      Yes I should have those left. Shipping would be about $200

      I can give core value of $100-$250
      APTuning LLC, 30 s 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042, (717)272-0916
      aptuning.com - tom@aptuning.com - Facebook - Twitter
      APR Stocking Master Distributor - United Motorsport Distributor

    2. Member gbisus13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 16th, 2005
      Location
      Roc, NY
      Posts
      925
      Vehicles
      86 Scirocco 16V, 04 Jetta 1.8BT, 89 944 S2
      04-25-2011 10:44 AM #37
      I just blew 3rd gear out of my trans (Haenszel's old one). If I send it to you can you swap the peloquin from the old to the new one? And would the old housing be worth a core refund? Also is there any truth that VR6 gears are wider (thus more sturdy)?

    3. Forum Sponsor Tom@APTuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2004
      Location
      30 S 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042
      Posts
      21,549
      Vehicles
      Golf R s3+, GTI s3+, MK4 R18 s3+, V6TT F150
      04-26-2011 11:40 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by gbisus13 View Post
      I just blew 3rd gear out of my trans (Haenszel's old one). If I send it to you can you swap the peloquin from the old to the new one? And would the old housing be worth a core refund? Also is there any truth that VR6 gears are wider (thus more sturdy)?
      We can do pretty much anything you want between the 2 trans, but this would be much better discussed via email then here.

      please email me at tom@aptuning.com
      APTuning LLC, 30 s 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042, (717)272-0916
      aptuning.com - tom@aptuning.com - Facebook - Twitter
      APR Stocking Master Distributor - United Motorsport Distributor

    4. 04-27-2011 09:07 PM #39
      How much would an 02a with my peloquin installed?

    5. Forum Sponsor Tom@APTuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2004
      Location
      30 S 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042
      Posts
      21,549
      Vehicles
      Golf R s3+, GTI s3+, MK4 R18 s3+, V6TT F150
      04-28-2011 10:22 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by BshmstrVRt View Post
      How much would an 02a with my peloquin installed?
      You would be looking at about $2900 for new 02A with peloquin installed.
      APTuning LLC, 30 s 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042, (717)272-0916
      aptuning.com - tom@aptuning.com - Facebook - Twitter
      APR Stocking Master Distributor - United Motorsport Distributor

    6. Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 22nd, 2011
      Location
      Langley BC
      Posts
      22
      Vehicles
      97 VW JETTA
      05-28-2011 10:11 PM #41
      Looking for a used 02j. From a 1.8 t In the Vancouver BC area. Any out there for sale??

    7. Forum Sponsor Tom@APTuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2004
      Location
      30 S 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042
      Posts
      21,549
      Vehicles
      Golf R s3+, GTI s3+, MK4 R18 s3+, V6TT F150
      05-31-2011 12:22 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by Wil Penney View Post
      Looking for a used 02j. From a 1.8 t In the Vancouver BC area. Any out there for sale??
      We have them refurbished for $950 plus core.

      If you are looking for local, your best bet would be to post locally.
      APTuning LLC, 30 s 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042, (717)272-0916
      aptuning.com - tom@aptuning.com - Facebook - Twitter
      APR Stocking Master Distributor - United Motorsport Distributor

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 7th, 2008
      Location
      Stamford, CT
      Posts
      794
      Vehicles
      2001 (AWD engine) GTI :: 2011 Shadow Blue GTI
      06-09-2011 01:02 AM #43
      Free bump and im very happy to see my tranny around if I ever need one /knocks on wood. I wish I had the money to put a six speed in but eh, this is much cheaper

      Also, in the future if I ever wanted a new tranny my buddy told me to get the tdi 5th gear. I have a 2001 1.8t (AWD Engine code) not sure tranny code?. What would be the benefits of that (tdi 5th gear)? Would it rev lower than 3.5k at 80mph? Also how much would that cost?

      Last question, the 2.?k for the pelo is that a new pel or his moved over?

      V/r
      Hedgehodge

    9. Forum Sponsor Tom@APTuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2004
      Location
      30 S 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042
      Posts
      21,549
      Vehicles
      Golf R s3+, GTI s3+, MK4 R18 s3+, V6TT F150
      06-09-2011 12:49 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehodge View Post
      Free bump and im very happy to see my tranny around if I ever need one /knocks on wood. I wish I had the money to put a six speed in but eh, this is much cheaper

      Also, in the future if I ever wanted a new tranny my buddy told me to get the tdi 5th gear. I have a 2001 1.8t (AWD Engine code) not sure tranny code?. What would be the benefits of that (tdi 5th gear)? Would it rev lower than 3.5k at 80mph? Also how much would that cost?

      Last question, the 2.?k for the pelo is that a new pel or his moved over?

      V/r
      Hedgehodge
      The tdi gear would offer lower cruising RPM and higher top speed if needed.

      The price quote was with a peloquin I believe. If you are looking for a price on something specific please message or email
      APTuning LLC, 30 s 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042, (717)272-0916
      aptuning.com - tom@aptuning.com - Facebook - Twitter
      APR Stocking Master Distributor - United Motorsport Distributor

    10. 06-22-2011 11:45 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom@APTuning View Post


      02J Transmissions

      2.0L Compatible Code(s): DZQ, EMS, EKG, EKH, EBP, FBV, EGT, EZK
      Ring & Pinion: 4.24
      Gear Ratios: 1 = 3.30; 2 = 1.94; 3 = 1.31; 4 = 1.03; 5 = 0.84
      Price: $1275.00

      What ring gear do they come with: the old 114mm or the new 113mm?

    11. Forum Sponsor Tom@APTuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2004
      Location
      30 S 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042
      Posts
      21,549
      Vehicles
      Golf R s3+, GTI s3+, MK4 R18 s3+, V6TT F150
      06-22-2011 01:11 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by edisonr View Post
      What ring gear do they come with: the old 114mm or the new 113mm?
      Def. old style
      APTuning LLC, 30 s 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042, (717)272-0916
      aptuning.com - tom@aptuning.com - Facebook - Twitter
      APR Stocking Master Distributor - United Motorsport Distributor

    12. 07-10-2011 03:23 PM #47
      I'm looking for a transmission for a 01 jetta glx vr6. Any rebuilds? EHC Code
      Last edited by Den9696; 07-11-2011 at 10:19 AM.

    13. Forum Sponsor Tom@APTuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2004
      Location
      30 S 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042
      Posts
      21,549
      Vehicles
      Golf R s3+, GTI s3+, MK4 R18 s3+, V6TT F150
      07-11-2011 11:31 AM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Den9696 View Post
      I'm looking for a transmission for a 01 jetta glx vr6. Any rebuilds? EHC Code
      Yep I should have that ready to go. $950 plus core
      APTuning LLC, 30 s 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042, (717)272-0916
      aptuning.com - tom@aptuning.com - Facebook - Twitter
      APR Stocking Master Distributor - United Motorsport Distributor

    14. 08-06-2011 11:42 AM #49
      What 5 spd transmissions will bolt up to the 2 liter engines? Is the only difference the gear ratios or will it physically just not bolt up? I have a '96 Jetta that needs a new tranny and was wodering.

    15. Forum Sponsor Tom@APTuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2004
      Location
      30 S 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042
      Posts
      21,549
      Vehicles
      Golf R s3+, GTI s3+, MK4 R18 s3+, V6TT F150
      08-08-2011 11:56 AM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by ohzee249 View Post
      What 5 spd transmissions will bolt up to the 2 liter engines? Is the only difference the gear ratios or will it physically just not bolt up? I have a '96 Jetta that needs a new tranny and was wodering.
      Any 4cyl trans will physically bolt up but this isnt just as a replacement.

      For that vehicle it would require changing everything that touches the trans such as clutch, mounts, shifter components etc.

      This isn't an uncommon swap and fairly straight forward, I would check through this forum or the hybrid/swap forum as I imagine there is a DIY somewhere
      APTuning LLC, 30 s 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042, (717)272-0916
      aptuning.com - tom@aptuning.com - Facebook - Twitter
      APR Stocking Master Distributor - United Motorsport Distributor

    16. Member mk3alltheway's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 9th, 2011
      Location
      Randolph, NJ
      Posts
      3,657
      Vehicles
      1991 GTI VR6, 1999 CBR F4
      08-18-2011 06:37 AM #51
      Can I have the price on..

      3.94 02J with TDI 4th & 5th and a Peloquin installed?

    17. Forum Sponsor Tom@APTuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2004
      Location
      30 S 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042
      Posts
      21,549
      Vehicles
      Golf R s3+, GTI s3+, MK4 R18 s3+, V6TT F150
      08-18-2011 03:32 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by mk3alltheway View Post
      Can I have the price on..

      3.94 02J with TDI 4th & 5th and a Peloquin installed?
      Please email for custom builds like that

      tom@aptuning.com
      APTuning LLC, 30 s 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042, (717)272-0916
      aptuning.com - tom@aptuning.com - Facebook - Twitter
      APR Stocking Master Distributor - United Motorsport Distributor

    18. Member krafty-max's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2010
      Location
      LA
      Posts
      248
      Vehicles
      2004/VW/GTI
      09-15-2011 04:28 PM #53
      i have 1.8t 02j with a EHA that lost first gear... how much for a new one, with my core and ca shipping? i didn't see EHA on your list?

    19. Forum Sponsor Tom@APTuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2004
      Location
      30 S 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042
      Posts
      21,549
      Vehicles
      Golf R s3+, GTI s3+, MK4 R18 s3+, V6TT F150
      09-15-2011 04:29 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by krafty-max View Post
      i have 1.8t 02j with a EHA that lost first gear... how much for a new one, with my core and ca shipping? i didn't see EHA on your list?
      1.8T Compatible Code(s): EHA, EXE
      Ring & Pinion: 3.65
      Gear Ratios: 1 = 3.30; 2 = 1.94; 3 = 1.35; 4 = 1.03; 5 = 0.84
      Price: $1395.00

      Shipping is about $200 no core charge
      APTuning LLC, 30 s 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042, (717)272-0916
      aptuning.com - tom@aptuning.com - Facebook - Twitter
      APR Stocking Master Distributor - United Motorsport Distributor

    20. Member SLVR SLUG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 9th, 2006
      Posts
      2,317
      Vehicles
      2004 Golf 2.0T 1989 Chevy S10 Blazer 4x4
      03-21-2012 11:59 PM #55
      do you still have any of the : EHA, EXE Ring & Pinion: 3.65? if not whats the price on an EGX with a peliquin? no shipping. i will come pick it up.
      the new vortex sucks!



      R.I.P. #2688... you will be missed.

    21. Forum Sponsor Tom@APTuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2004
      Location
      30 S 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042
      Posts
      21,549
      Vehicles
      Golf R s3+, GTI s3+, MK4 R18 s3+, V6TT F150
      03-22-2012 10:34 AM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by SLVR SLUG View Post
      do you still have any of the : EHA, EXE Ring & Pinion: 3.65? if not whats the price on an EGX with a peliquin? no shipping. i will come pick it up.
      please send me an email to tom@aptuning.com as that will be easier to discus then going back and forth on vortex.
      APTuning LLC, 30 s 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042, (717)272-0916
      aptuning.com - tom@aptuning.com - Facebook - Twitter
      APR Stocking Master Distributor - United Motorsport Distributor

    22. Member jmv9261989's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2009
      Location
      HARRISON NY 10528
      Posts
      4,090
      Vehicles
      2003 GTI
      04-05-2012 06:15 PM #57
      i just blew my transmission on my 2003 GTI 1.8T 5-speed. whats your price on a rebuilt one to 10528 NY?

    23. Forum Sponsor Tom@APTuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2004
      Location
      30 S 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042
      Posts
      21,549
      Vehicles
      Golf R s3+, GTI s3+, MK4 R18 s3+, V6TT F150
      04-06-2012 11:58 AM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by jmv9261989 View Post
      i just blew my transmission on my 2003 GTI 1.8T 5-speed. whats your price on a rebuilt one to 10528 NY?
      please email tom@aptuning.com or pm me and i can give you a run down of choices
      APTuning LLC, 30 s 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042, (717)272-0916
      aptuning.com - tom@aptuning.com - Facebook - Twitter
      APR Stocking Master Distributor - United Motorsport Distributor

    24. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2011
      Location
      Wisconsin, US
      Posts
      95
      Vehicles
      02 VW Jetta GLS 1.8t
      05-16-2012 07:39 AM #59
      Are these still available as new?

      1.8T Compatible Code(s): EHA, EXE
      Ring & Pinion: 3.65
      Gear Ratios: 1 = 3.30; 2 = 1.94; 3 = 1.35; 4 = 1.03; 5 = 0.84
      Price: $1395.00


      Based on previous request. I would gather it would still be about $200+ for shipping to 53402.

      Thanks,
      Outlaw
      Last edited by vwoutlaw; 05-16-2012 at 07:56 AM.
      I refuse to drop it.

    25. Forum Sponsor Tom@APTuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2004
      Location
      30 S 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042
      Posts
      21,549
      Vehicles
      Golf R s3+, GTI s3+, MK4 R18 s3+, V6TT F150
      05-16-2012 12:08 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by vwoutlaw View Post
      Are these still available as new?

      1.8T Compatible Code(s): EHA, EXE
      Ring & Pinion: 3.65
      Gear Ratios: 1 = 3.30; 2 = 1.94; 3 = 1.35; 4 = 1.03; 5 = 0.84
      Price: $1395.00


      Based on previous request. I would gather it would still be about $200+ for shipping to 53402.

      Thanks,
      Outlaw
      Yep
      APTuning LLC, 30 s 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042, (717)272-0916
      aptuning.com - tom@aptuning.com - Facebook - Twitter
      APR Stocking Master Distributor - United Motorsport Distributor

    26. Member bluewolf2001's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2011
      Location
      cincinnati, ohio
      Posts
      230
      Vehicles
      2001 wolfsburg jetta, audi a4 2.8 avant
      06-22-2012 01:45 AM #61
      Hey, im in the market of getting a new tranny in a few months, is their anything i will have to tweek in the in ECU when switching trannys or is it simply just bolt up and go?

    27. Forum Sponsor Tom@APTuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2004
      Location
      30 S 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042
      Posts
      21,549
      Vehicles
      Golf R s3+, GTI s3+, MK4 R18 s3+, V6TT F150
      06-28-2012 02:31 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by bluewolf2001 View Post
      Hey, im in the market of getting a new tranny in a few months, is their anything i will have to tweek in the in ECU when switching trannys or is it simply just bolt up and go?
      Not sure I follow? The trans is just a mechanical link from engine to wheels theoretically. If you are just replacing existing the ecu has nothing to do with it. If you are doing and auto to manual swap thats a different story
      APTuning LLC, 30 s 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042, (717)272-0916
      aptuning.com - tom@aptuning.com - Facebook - Twitter
      APR Stocking Master Distributor - United Motorsport Distributor

    28. Semi-n00b munjaxm2's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2007
      Location
      Little Rock, AR
      Posts
      10
      Vehicles
      2001 MK4 Jetta VR6, 2012 STi limited, 2006 STi, 2004 GTI 1.8T
      08-08-2012 09:21 PM #63
      How much for 02m vr6 shipped to 72116

    29. Forum Sponsor Tom@APTuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2004
      Location
      30 S 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042
      Posts
      21,549
      Vehicles
      Golf R s3+, GTI s3+, MK4 R18 s3+, V6TT F150
      08-09-2012 10:39 AM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by munjaxm2 View Post
      How much for 02m vr6 shipped to 72116
      Just the trans or everything for a swap?
      APTuning LLC, 30 s 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042, (717)272-0916
      aptuning.com - tom@aptuning.com - Facebook - Twitter
      APR Stocking Master Distributor - United Motorsport Distributor

    30. Semi-n00b munjaxm2's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2007
      Location
      Little Rock, AR
      Posts
      10
      Vehicles
      2001 MK4 Jetta VR6, 2012 STi limited, 2006 STi, 2004 GTI 1.8T
      08-09-2012 05:43 PM #65
      Just the trans, but If you have the rest of the swap for vr6 mk4 jetta Legos can post the breakdown of the parts. I guess what I am saying i like to see the price individually so I know what I am paying for it rather than one price for all. Thank you

    31. Semi-n00b munjaxm2's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2007
      Location
      Little Rock, AR
      Posts
      10
      Vehicles
      2001 MK4 Jetta VR6, 2012 STi limited, 2006 STi, 2004 GTI 1.8T
      08-09-2012 05:44 PM #66
      Legos = you can
      Autocorrect fail

    32. Forum Sponsor Tom@APTuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2004
      Location
      30 S 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042
      Posts
      21,549
      Vehicles
      Golf R s3+, GTI s3+, MK4 R18 s3+, V6TT F150
      08-10-2012 12:49 PM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by munjaxm2 View Post
      Just the trans, but If you have the rest of the swap for vr6 mk4 jetta Legos can post the breakdown of the parts. I guess what I am saying i like to see the price individually so I know what I am paying for it rather than one price for all. Thank you
      Just the trans I would get $1500(assuming you have no core)

      The whole swap would be $2000

      Honestly not gonna break down the swap price piece by piece as it would be more then $2000. I could get $300+ right now for the axles alone but don't want to separate the swap unless the trans sells by itself first.
      APTuning LLC, 30 s 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042, (717)272-0916
      aptuning.com - tom@aptuning.com - Facebook - Twitter
      APR Stocking Master Distributor - United Motorsport Distributor

    33. 08-16-2012 03:13 PM #68
      I just PMed you about a new trans for my MK3 VR6.
      @WhiteOnRice25

    34. Member ChinkyVdub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 17th, 2003
      Location
      ny
      Posts
      3,012
      Vehicles
      97 jetta2.0/09 A42.0T
      11-26-2012 08:41 PM #69
      Im interested in purchasing, however im not sure this will work with my car. I have a mk3 ABA 2.0 with the trans converted to use a "late model" corrado G60 trans. The gear box says 02A CCM. However the bellhousing part number(number by the throwout bearing) is 02A 301 107. Which I believe is a 4 cyclinder bell housing.

      Would I use the 02A Vr6? or 02J? Since the 02J is a 4 cylinder transmission.
      Thanks.
      MkIII 16v Club
      Unofficial Buyer/Seller Feedback
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...eedback-Thread

    35. Forum Sponsor Tom@APTuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2004
      Location
      30 S 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042
      Posts
      21,549
      Vehicles
      Golf R s3+, GTI s3+, MK4 R18 s3+, V6TT F150
      11-27-2012 11:29 AM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyVdub View Post
      Im interested in purchasing, however im not sure this will work with my car. I have a mk3 ABA 2.0 with the trans converted to use a "late model" corrado G60 trans. The gear box says 02A CCM. However the bellhousing part number(number by the throwout bearing) is 02A 301 107. Which I believe is a 4 cyclinder bell housing.

      Would I use the 02A Vr6? or 02J? Since the 02J is a 4 cylinder transmission.
      Thanks.
      Neither will be a direct replacement.

      Email me and ill see if I have any availability on 4cyl 02A
      APTuning LLC, 30 s 5th Ave, Lebanon PA 17042, (717)272-0916
      aptuning.com - tom@aptuning.com - Facebook - Twitter
      APR Stocking Master Distributor - United Motorsport Distributor

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •