Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: .:Official MWFV4 Feedback thread:

Vehicles
      1981 VW Caddy TD / 2001 VW Jetta Wolf / 1974 Honda CB550 / 1972 Honda CB350
      06-09-2009 06:45 PM #1
      Big thanks to EVERYONE that attended, we couldn't have done it without the participation and our sponsors this year.

I really want to thank everyone for being so respectfull to the grounds. As im sure all of you want to come back, we really want to keep the show and German Park. Because everyone cleaned up after themselves, there were no grass burnouts, street burnouts, or vandilism we will be able to have the show back there next year.

Now, this was our first year at the site and we learned some things to improve on next year (like mk4 parking). Please let us know what you thought of the show, and any criticism you have that will help us make next year even better. This show is for you guys, so I want you to enjoy it!

Vehicles
      B7 Audi A4
      06-09-2009 06:58 PM #2
      Awesome Job!!! thanks to all that set it up! i can't wait for next year.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      06-09-2009 08:18 PM #3
      the location was sick and very fun show. i'm glad i participated in the show and the bags tournament.

however, one thing that kind of bothered me and others, was how event coordinators/members were winning things.

i realize you all put a lot of effort into the show, but when your own members win something in a raffle or winner take all event, then it looks bad.

i don't care for trophies and the hoopla that goes along with them, but for your own event, every member involved should just be like exhibition or participating for the pure fact of more participation. let the people who don't normally come to your meets and who traveled some distance be in contention for whatever it is they desire.

like i said, it is by no means a big deal, just something a couple different people had pointed out to me and i agreed with them. it definitely was not a turnoff for someone like myself who was experiencing their first midwest volkfest show.

welcome to the layer cake

06-09-2009 10:48 PM #4
      I went to the first two events but skipped last year due to the heat being almost unbearable in the prior years, I must say the new location is awesome. What was the final number of cars entered?

5. 06-09-2009 10:49 PM #5
      I think the event needs to last a lot longer, alcohol was allowed at the show and i was just gettin' my drunk on when i heard "That's all, thanks for coming".

Vehicles
      2003 A4 Avant 1.8t, 1974 CB550
      06-09-2009 11:11 PM #6
      [QUOTE=n0rdicalex.]the location was sick and very fun show. i'm glad i participated in the show and the bags tournament.

however, one thing that kind of bothered me and others, was how event coordinators/members were winning things.

i realize you all put a lot of effort into the show, but when your own members win something in a raffle or winner take all event, then it looks bad.
      QUOTE]

is the "winner take all event" cornhole? to my understanding, the team that won, won it fair competing to the same rules as everyone else. As far as the raffle goes, anyone who won something with a Blue shirt on, paid for those raffle tickets just the same as everyone else. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

7. 06-10-2009 07:58 AM #7
      It kinda seemed like the MK1's and 2's were "thrown in the back"...there were a lot of really badass "older" cars and they should have had a better spot for them..my two cents anyways.
      Other than that the location was cool which made the show seem 10x better than before

Vehicles
      1979 VW Rabbit, 1992 Mazda Miata, 1972 Honda CB100 Cafe
      06-10-2009 09:04 AM #8
      Yeah, I noticed most everyone was just kicking it in the mk4/mk5/audi section. By the time they walked the mile to mk1 section they forgot they were even looking at cars. Thats my only complaint, but thats because I had my MK1 there.

Vehicles
      1997 GTI VR, 2000 XJ beater, 2007 Snota
      06-10-2009 11:36 AM #9
      I agree about the MK1s...they seemed out in their own little world. It seemed the MK4s and 5s were over crowded, and the MK3s about average, but somewhat overshadowed.

Since there are no class trophies, how about just mixing them up? Everyone has their favorite generations, but maybe not being separated by generation would allow everyone to just mingle amongst each other, instead of staying around their cars generation "group" and missing some of the other cars. It would also allow groups/clubs to keep their cars together, even if they span different years.

All in all though, it was a great location and the best MW(d)VF show to date

Instagram: @farfromugen

“You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.”-HST

10. 06-10-2009 03:43 PM #10
      to spell my company name correctly next time

CLEAN Reflections not CLEAR Reflections

Vehicles
      1981 VW Caddy TD / 2001 VW Jetta Wolf / 1974 Honda CB550 / 1972 Honda CB350
      06-10-2009 03:51 PM #11
      Quote, originally posted by Clean Reflections »
      to spell my company name correctly next time

CLEAN Reflections not CLEAR Reflections

Wow, suppose I really dropped the ball on that one.

Vehicles
      small block B5 A4 BT
      06-10-2009 07:36 PM #12
      I thought the show was the best yet. I wish there would have been something to eat for the non beefeaters lol. like chicken. also I think next year the big field at the top could be used. Seems like the mk4's filled up very fast, and the audi's did as well(for once) All in all, no complaints, I had an excellent time and was glad to actually be able to put names to faces this time around.
      NO SOUP FOR YOU

06-10-2009 08:16 PM #13
      Well I cant speak for all the MKI and MKII owners but the three MKII's from Columbus loved our location at the show, it was nice and cool back there.

Vehicles
      06 Stage 2 GTI, 82 Stage 3 G60 Rabbit, 85 F-250
      06-10-2009 08:44 PM #14
      The atmosphere is definitely much more conducive to hanging out and socializing, which is a big plus. I agree about the layout needing some work, but it's not a major complaint, especially being the first year there.

For us out of towners, fliers with a map to local car washes and restaurants would be a big help. I found a car wash on my nav, but not all of us have a nav. If you could swing it, it'd be cool to have a local auto parts place there selling detailing supplies (at a discount?). I live over 3 hours away and basically had to start from scratch when I got there except for the interior.

I would love to see a club participation award, too. I don't know how they calculate, but other shows I have been to have some sort of calculation for miles traveled and number of people from each club.

Despite having a few ideas for improvement, I was very happy with the new location and I would come back again even if it was exactly the same as this years.

Team Reaper of the BABE 2012 road rally proudly supports Susan G. Komen for the cure in memory of my Mother, who lost her fight with breast cancer in 2003
      Please go to our team donation page to make a donation to help end breast cancer forever!

Vehicles
      2003 A4 Avant 1.8t, 1974 CB550
      06-10-2009 11:06 PM #15
      Thanks for all the positive feedback folks! We are definitely planning to make it even better next year and have already talked about some improvements to make.

keep them coming!

Vehicles
      '65 Beetle, '74 Beetle, '02 A4 Avant 1.8tqm
      06-11-2009 12:11 PM #16
      Quote, originally posted by GreatPenguinVW »

Wow, suppose I really dropped the ball on that one.

Called it.
      There was a thread around here somewhere with car wash locations, but that is definitely something we should add to the hotels/info page next year.

Absolutely want to do a club participation trophy in the future.

We knew parking layout was a complete guess-timate, so thank you to everyone for being as understanding as they have.

17. 06-11-2009 04:34 PM #17
      Quote, originally posted by SpecialFX »
      The atmosphere is definitely much more conducive to hanging out and socializing, which is a big plus. I agree about the layout needing some work, but it's not a major complaint, especially being the first year there.

For us out of towners, fliers with a map to local car washes and restaurants would be a big help. I found a car wash on my nav, but not all of us have a nav. If you could swing it, it'd be cool to have a local auto parts place there selling detailing supplies (at a discount?). I live over 3 hours away and basically had to start from scratch when I got there except for the interior.

I would love to see a club participation award, too. I don't know how they calculate, but other shows I have been to have some sort of calculation for miles traveled and number of people from each club.

Despite having a few ideas for improvement, I was very happy with the new location and I would come back again even if it was exactly the same as this years.

By next year my product line will probably have expanded from just microfiber towels and they wont be the rubbish u find at pep boys

18. 06-11-2009 10:51 PM #18
      Really like the show this year guess next year i'll have to register early or wake up in time to register. Location was tits!

19. 07-18-2009 12:25 AM #19
      Who had the yellow audi near the epwerks stand?! front license plate: twin spin

It's currently at a house right down the street from me in my neighborhood!! and it is sick

Vehicles
      small block B5 A4 BT
      07-18-2009 12:33 AM #20
      that's Waldo's car. He will be at the gtg in the link at the bottom of my sig(cars & coffee) tomorrow morning if you are up to coming out, all are welcome.
      NO SOUP FOR YOU