Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 408 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: New Guys: Ask The Experts Thread.

Vehicles
      1993 Corrado SLC (I miss you) 2001 gti 1.8t
      06-10-2009 01:16 PM #26
      Car : 1993
      Issue: Stupid spoiler motor doesnt always work it works when it wants to or we have to push the switch up while "gently" pulling up on the spoiler.
      Ability to work on cars: I SUCK with large engines or anytrhing my dad was a grease monkey back in tha day but im not sure if he knows european cars but hes got a general idea of cars.
      1993 Corrado SLC *sold* (I miss her)
      2001 GTi 1.8T- Koni Coilovers. GIAC X+ Autotech Catback. TT Big Brakes. TT Short Shifter. Santa Monicas

2. 06-10-2009 01:20 PM #27
      McNair, I'm trying to fit a civic intake I stole last night onto my G60. **** just won't fit.
      NEW YORK KNICKS

06-10-2009 01:25 PM #28
      Quote, originally posted by omega260 »
      Issue: Stupid spoiler motor doesnt always work it works when it wants to or we have to push the switch up while "gently" pulling up on the spoiler.
      Ability to work on cars: I SUCK with large engines or anytrhing my dad was a grease monkey back in tha day but im not sure if he knows european cars but hes got a general idea of cars.

you should look at my above post, we're asking for the same thing. the motor probably still works, but after many years of dirt getting in the spoiler internals and not getting lubricated from time to time, it has a tough time working properly. The spoiler needs to be opened up, cleaned out, and relubed.
      no offense to your dad, but he would be clueless on how to work on the spoiler; it's more of a unique electrical component than a car/engine type thing that he's used to working on. You and your dad would almost be on the same knowledge level when working on the corrado spoiler

Vehicles
      2008 Audi TT 3.2l Quattro; 1994 Volkswagen Corrado SLC; 1974 Volkswagen Beetle
      06-10-2009 01:32 PM #29
      best place to get new interior parts and clips? Got a few pieces that look ass and a few pieces that just don't stay where they're supposed to.
      also, any advice on air ride? (seriously)
      92 SLC VR6 12v
      I have access to lots of tools, got some good and knowledgeable friends. But the Corrado is a trip for everyone, not too bad at figuring things out though.

Modified by NeverOEM at 10:33 AM 6-10-2009

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta TDI Cup, 2005 Passat TDI wagon, 1990 Corrado
      06-10-2009 01:46 PM #30

Quote, originally posted by VpfinnersW »
      alright, my turn. The spoiler is starting to act up; has a tough time going up or down, and gets stuck some times. I know it needs to be opened up and cleaned out, but the really good thread that showed how to do this no longer has pics...
      anyone have a good pictorial and detail instructions on how to open up the spoiler internals and clean it out/service it so it works again?

I don't have any pictures but I have taken my spoiler assembly apart a couple of times to clean and re-lube. I find the most difficult part of the whole process is getting the damn thing out of the hatch. If you are somewhat mechanically inclined it's an easy job, just take your time and pay attention to how it came apart. If you are afraid you'll forget how to put it back together take pictures along the way.
      Here are some tips:
      1) The screws for the trim around the arms may be corroded and tough to get out. Do your best not to strip them. I don't recall if they have to come out but it makes it easier to get the assembly back in.

2) The plastic screws on panel on the inside hatch only need a 1/4 turn. If you try to turn them more they will strip and look like poo.
      3) The internals are pretty straight forward. Clean all parts and re-lube. I used a water proof marine grease on mine.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      Everything you could imagine basically
      06-10-2009 01:52 PM #31
      Quote, originally posted by VpfinnersW »
      alright, my turn. The spoiler is starting to act up; has a tough time going up or down, and gets stuck some times. I know it needs to be opened up and cleaned out, but the really good thread that showed how to do this no longer has pics...
      anyone have a good pictorial and detail instructions on how to open up the spoiler internals and clean it out/service it so it works again?

here ya go......
      http://www.corradocentral.com/spoilertech.htm
      http://www.vwhowto.com/vwhowto...d/63/

see above
      Quote, originally posted by Dreizehn »
      McNair, I'm trying to fit a civic intake I stole last night onto my G60. **** just won't fit.

Please refer to Tong (skaterasian)'s "smoking alteza tails DIY" vid....

Quote, originally posted by NeverOEM »
      best place to get new interior parts and clips? Got a few pieces that look ass and a few pieces that just don't stay where they're supposed to.
      http://www.corradoparts.com has lots, and so does http://www.europeanperformance...ge/en
      also, any advice on air ride? (seriously)
      airride is dope, expect to spend in the 2500 dollar range, and talk to dave (BMXRADO) about it, he is the man!!
      92 SLC VR6 12v
      I have access to lots of tools, got some good and knowledgeable friends. But the Corrado is a trip for everyone, not too bad at figuring things out though.

Modified by Noobercorn at 1:55 PM 6-10-2009
      Turbos, Timepieces and Firearms.

Vehicles
      2008 Audi TT 3.2l Quattro; 1994 Volkswagen Corrado SLC; 1974 Volkswagen Beetle
      06-10-2009 01:55 PM #32
      appreciate the help good sir, I'll be asking a lot of questions when it comes time for the motor swap I have planned haha.

Vehicles
      Corrado, Mk1, Mk3, CC
      06-10-2009 02:04 PM #33
      Quote, originally posted by NeverOEM »
      appreciate the help good sir, I'll be asking a lot of questions when it comes time for the motor swap I have planned haha.

Also mason-tech makes the airride stuff.
      http://www.mason-tech.com/airrideCW1.asp
      Quote Originally Posted by ein View Post
      * IMPORTANT* The English language is completely inadequate for describing how spectacularly stupid this thread is.

9. 06-10-2009 02:26 PM #34
      Quote, originally posted by dasbeast3.0 »
      and miss. raena... hot chicks are ALWAYS allowed to make new threads. that is the exception. doesnt matter what they ask. as long as they send me a naked pic in a c for proof. then they have the green light. i guess mcnair can have a pic too..although he is rather fond of rod.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! yeah, my strategy for you guys to not know what i look like has its drawbacks. batting your eyelashes anonymously only gets you so far . . once i attend that first big GTG, it's all over. or it all starts . . we'll see.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      06-10-2009 02:28 PM #35
      Quote, originally posted by reignofterror »
      my strategy for you guys to not know what i look like FAILED

fixed

Vehicles
      Corrado, Mk1, Mk3, CC
      06-10-2009 02:34 PM #36
      once i attend that first big GTG, it's all over. or it all starts . . we'll see.

Quote, originally posted by Noobercorn »
      Im here for the gangbang

FIXED
      * IMPORTANT* The English language is completely inadequate for describing how spectacularly stupid this thread is.

12. 06-10-2009 02:35 PM #37
      fixed

YEAH BUT YOU TRICKED ME. "mcnair'd" indeed. the cat will be out of the bag at H20, i'm sure.

Vehicles
      Corrado, Mk1, Mk3, CC
      06-10-2009 02:36 PM #38
      YEAH BUT YOU TRICKED ME. "mcnair'd" indeed. the cat will be out of the bag at H20, i'm sure.

Your actually goin to H20?? AWESHUM

14. 06-10-2009 02:39 PM #39
      Quote, originally posted by TheBurninator »
      Your actually goin to H20?? AWESHUM

well i'll either be living in DC, NY, or boston as of this fall, so i really have no excuse to NOT go. so yes, it shall be my "coming out" event [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

dang, come to think of it, i should probably try to secure some kind of lodging for that weekend. doh.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      06-10-2009 02:55 PM #40
      i would offer you a room at my place, but last time i did that things got a little awkward.......
      so, who else needs stuff? questions? etc...

16. 06-10-2009 03:17 PM #41
      while part of me thinks this is a great idea the other part is worryed about the search .
      inless people pick there subject title to be within a thread and not the topic they will never find what they are looking for. with so many new guys they wont know to search it that way.
      Where as if there is a million threads they will find what they are looking for and not have to make there own thread.
      good idea but way to hard to keep it on point or clean as it would need to be.
      www.KONI.com

Supporting Koni Since I could drive.

Vehicles
      90 G60 Corrado, 84 Rabbit P.O.S.
      06-10-2009 03:21 PM #42
      If the mods could extract and/or link good information from this thread to the Corrado FAQ, it would be great. It seems that if we want less repeat questions then we need a more comprehensive / easy-to-use FAQ.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      06-10-2009 03:26 PM #43
      for starters, i am not suggesting that i am "the expert", more so that we have a lot of good folks in here that know their ****.
      secondly, i have seen SOOOOOO many of the same thread over and over and over again over the last 7 years, that i felt we should have a thread like this. one that the more senior level forum attendees could check every day to help out the new peeps, and/or the old ones with questions.
      i will check it everyday, and maybe be able to help someone.
      when i started in this racket, i WISH there would have been a thread like this.
      as for the search, i agree they need to be used, but most newbs actually don't know what to search for (ie terminology, proper explanation of symptoms, etc)
      so, lets keep this going and see where we end up.

19. 06-10-2009 03:30 PM #44
      format is most important . i will work something up for cough ... another forum
      i think Mike is even a Mod on that board
      either way . great idea and it will help alot of people forsure .
      www.KONI.com

Supporting Koni Since I could drive.

Vehicles
      94 GSX bone stock,92 Slc OBD2 vrt gear eater, A3
      06-10-2009 03:31 PM #45
      [
      Please refer to Tong (skaterasian)'s "smoking alteza tails DIY" vid....

Spell my name right Noob

Modified by skaterazn at 12:33 PM 6-10-2009
      The only idea VW ever had that was dumber than Aktiv was the G-Lader.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      06-10-2009 03:56 PM #46
      Quote, originally posted by skaterazn »
      Spell my name right Noob

sorry, THONG. feel better now?

Vehicles
      '90 G60 & a shload of other cars.
      06-10-2009 03:58 PM #47
      I think a format like I suggested earlier would work.
      Start a thread. Get it stickied. Users IM a mod that they know their $#!@ about ... and inform them that they'd be willing to receive IM's from perplexed owners.
      Their name is on the list. Someone needs help. They look at the thread, drill down to the area they're looking for help in and viola! You have an expert help line. Pretty simple I would think.
      If there is no such thing as a stupid question, what kind of questions do stupid people ask?
      Need something designed? - xnology.com

Vehicles
      1993 Corrado SLC (I miss you) 2001 gti 1.8t
      06-10-2009 05:23 PM #48
      cool ill see if my dad feels like cleaning it anytime soon... i probably should have mentioned he has been a contraactor for like ever and has been konwn to do some fine work.... electrical, motors etc.. so he should be able to figure it out quickly plus the guides on the internet should help
      1993 Corrado SLC *sold* (I miss her)
      2001 GTi 1.8T- Koni Coilovers. GIAC X+ Autotech Catback. TT Big Brakes. TT Short Shifter. Santa Monicas

Vehicles
      1990 Corrado 16vg60 6spd, 2005 Tundra
      06-10-2009 05:34 PM #49
      i got some questions...
      If i install a non-abs master and booster and other required parts, will i loose my mpg, and trip, distance, and realted functions in my mfa?
      anybody got some aftermarket oil cooler line routing tips when retaining A/C?
      Is replacing the apex strips something a skilled and trained person can perform?

Vehicles
      Corrado, Mk1, Mk3, CC
      06-10-2009 06:46 PM #50
      Quote, originally posted by ryanarchy »
      i got some questions...
      If i install a non-abs master and booster and other required parts, will i loose my mpg, and trip, distance, and realted functions in my mfa?
      anybody got some aftermarket oil cooler line routing tips when retaining A/C?
      Is replacing the apex strips something a skilled and trained person can perform?

That will not affect the MFA
      Cooler line routing is pretty simple run it infront of the radiator on the driver side
      Replacing apex strips is something that can be done by someone skilled and confident, but if there is further damage to the charger like the seats where the strips sit are broken then it will need to be rebuilt professionally.

Page 2 of 408 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast