Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 199 of 268 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast
    Results 6,931 to 6,965 of 9378

Thread: New Guys: Ask The Experts Thread.

Vehicles
      93' SLC 92' SLC 02' JETTA
      05-24-2012 07:24 PM #6931
      Quote Originally Posted by g60301 View Post
      Well I'm strapped for cash right now to be spending on the c. My friend works at the local junkyard and they always have mk4 s laying around. I know there used lines but my question is can I just take the lines off a mk4. And use them? Didn't know about the ebrake cable ill grab that too. So mk4 Lines straight off the mk4 on my corrado, yay or nae
      Unfortunately not directly but there is a free solution. Take the rubber lines from the mk4 and also clip the fittings off of the hard line. Cut your corrado hard line and re-flare the mk4 fitting on. Presto!

Sent while sitting on my ass VIA my iPad
      [B] INSTAGRAM: europeein
      Facebook: facebook.com/addmichael

Vehicles
      05-24-2012 07:25 PM #6932
      Quote Originally Posted by crisvr6 View Post
      those tüv guys they have no idea what or were the problem is, its not leaking. they dont know the corrado or have not much experience with it or so they thing its not normal also no tüv..
      i ask one of those guys later today.
      Can you take it to another station? Best bet like you said is to get clean bill of health from vw

Vehicles
      3ltr vr6
      05-24-2012 07:37 PM #6933
      the next is in a different canton (state), dont know if it would work..

Vehicles
      91 Corrado 2.0l 16v on MS3X, Parked like Jurassic... 83 Cabby 1.8l 16v... 88 Powerplay XLT-185
      05-24-2012 10:07 PM #6934
      or when not bring it on the junkyard

Now Chris

Seriously though, it seems as if they are yanking your chain, can you take it in to another inspector? What year is your car? Can you convert it to non-ABS? Possible on the ABS light being a bad bulb, but could be the ABS unit or computer, I would test the light first.
      Quote Originally Posted by crazynorweegian View Post
      Good luck, might want to get vaccinated for "while-I-am-in-there" syndrome.
      tek-euro.com SpoonFedTuning

my Corrado's specs on corrado-database / My Corrado Build Thread / My Cabby Build Thread / My Boat Build: 18' Powerplay w/5.7l V8

Vehicles
      1994 Corrado VR6
      05-25-2012 12:52 AM #6935
      ABS question...

My ABS light has been on since I bought the car. I didn't bother to fix it because it's a Corrado and the ABS doesn't work on any of them. Lately the ABS has been giving feedback to the brake pedal at very low pressure braking and only intermittently. This started around the same time I started to hear the unmistakable sound of a shot wheel bearing. Could they be related? How common is weird ABS resistance? I've never owned a car with ABS, so I honestly don't even know what's normal. And I disconnected the ABS light, so I have no idea if it's still on or not. I'd have to find it to test I suppose...

EDIT: 94 VR6

Vehicles
      3ltr vr6
      05-25-2012 07:31 AM #6936
      Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Karmann View Post

Now Chris

Seriously though, it seems as if they are yanking your chain, can you take it in to another inspector? What year is your car? Can you convert it to non-ABS? Possible on the ABS light being a bad bulb, but could be the ABS unit or computer, I would test the light first.
      1993 vr6 almost 20years old

those inspectors are stupid, what they dont know = is not ok..
      have to make a call and ask if its possible.. and i go now to visit that guy
      he is bullying my car

Vehicles
      05-25-2012 07:52 AM #6937
      i go now to visit that guy
      he is bullying my car

Do you need me to fly over there and hand out beatdowns?

On a serious note, like I said before, how do you gauge pedal throw on a broad scale? Are the brake pads too low? That would cause them to go down further.

Vehicles
      91 Corrado 2.0l 16v on MS3X, Parked like Jurassic... 83 Cabby 1.8l 16v... 88 Powerplay XLT-185
      05-25-2012 08:47 AM #6938
      1993 vr6 almost 20years old

those inspectors are stupid, what they dont know = is not ok..
      have to make a call and ask if its possible.. and i go now to visit that guy
      he is bullying my car
      Tell him you will p-chop his ass if he doesn't pass it ..........

Can you delete the ABS entirely?

my Corrado's specs on corrado-database / My Corrado Build Thread / My Cabby Build Thread / My Boat Build: 18' Powerplay w/5.7l V8

Vehicles
      '90 Corrado 1.8 8V G60 (previously was 1.8 16V KR), '80 MK1 Golf GTI 1.6 8V EG aka "Heron"
      05-25-2012 09:07 AM #6939
      Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Karmann View Post
      Can you delete the ABS entirely?
      I don't think that's an option (unless he knows some people from the TUV )...

Atleast around here, TUV (mot) inspections are very strict (I'm guessing the same applies to most countries in Europe) - if you car came equipped with ABS originally you can not delete it.

For example, my Corrado came without catalytic (yes, we did get those here ) and they can't force me to put one no matter how much I polute the enviroment If it came with one originally then I wouldn't be allowed to delete it...
      Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
      ... (Corrado) might be the greatest collection of bad VW ideas ever put into one car.
      My Corrado (sort of) build thread / On Database
      My MK1 build thread
      SpoonFedTuning

Vehicles
      05-25-2012 10:53 AM #6940
      Quote Originally Posted by RedYellowWhite View Post
      I don't think that's an option (unless he knows some people from the TUV )...

Atleast around here, TUV (mot) inspections are very strict (I'm guessing the same applies to most countries in Europe) - if you car came equipped with ABS originally you can not delete it.

For example, my Corrado came without catalytic (yes, we did get those here ) and they can't force me to put one no matter how much I polute the enviroment If it came with one originally then I wouldn't be allowed to delete it...
      Time to register in the US, not Cali

Was reading thru a Dupont Registry earlier today and there was a lawyer advertising registering cars in Montana to save sales tax and BS inspections.

Vehicles
      3ltr vr6
      05-25-2012 11:38 AM #6941
      Quote Originally Posted by HavokRuels View Post
      Do you need me to fly over there and hand out beatdowns?

On a serious note, like I said before, how do you gauge pedal throw on a broad scale? Are the brake pads too low? That would cause them to go down further.
      brake pads are new..
      its normal and also the mechanic says its all good..
      was there today that super inspector was certainly not there, the other one said i have to show it again in a few days, but first i need from vw the proof that all is ok and then it should be ok..

and i can change the mot station only before i go to the mot, now i have starte here and have to finish at the same place..

Vehicles
      05-25-2012 12:32 PM #6942
      brake pads are new..
      its normal and also the mechanic says its all good..
      was there today that super inspector was certainly not there, the other one said i have to show it again in a few days, but first i need from vw the proof that all is ok and then it should be ok..

and i can change the mot station only before i go to the mot, now i have starte here and have to finish at the same place..
      There's your answer, vw certification and be done with it.

Vehicles
      3ltr vr6
      05-25-2012 12:51 PM #6943
      ya, and when not ? or how much for this paper ?

14. 05-26-2012 10:31 AM #6944
      Hello I have a 1990 g60. I have this knocking sound which I could feel on the serpentine belt tensioner(which I'm guessing is that small shock). Not sure if it is that but that seems like the problem. Does anyone know where I could buy a new one or is there a fix to this.

Thanks for the help

Vehicles
      '90 Corrado 1.8 8V G60 (previously was 1.8 16V KR), '80 MK1 Golf GTI 1.6 8V EG aka "Heron"
      05-26-2012 11:08 AM #6945
      Quote Originally Posted by tonyg60 View Post
      Hello I have a 1990 g60. I have this knocking sound which I could feel on the serpentine belt tensioner(which I'm guessing is that small shock). Not sure if it is that but that seems like the problem. Does anyone know where I could buy a new one or is there a fix to this.

Thanks for the help
      You can buy the oem tensioner from the dealership (that's where I bought mine 2 years ago - expensive )

Either that or you can buy aftermarket solid adj. tensioners. For example: http://www.bar-tek-tuning.com/cgi-bi...che--tensioner

Haven't tried any of those personally

Keep in mind that its mostly the bushings that go bad on the tensioners. They sell solid replacement bushings ( http://epmtuned.com/id274.html ) since I don't think you can buy oem ones individually from the dealership (but I could be wrong)
      Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
      ... (Corrado) might be the greatest collection of bad VW ideas ever put into one car.
      My Corrado (sort of) build thread / On Database
      My MK1 build thread
      SpoonFedTuning

16. 05-26-2012 06:05 PM #6946
      Hi, I need to change a solenoid in my 2004 jetta gls 1.8t. Where can I fin the sensor? Also, I need to put new transmission fluid, anyone know where to buy the correct fluid for my vehicle?

Vehicles
      05-26-2012 09:18 PM #6947
      1st wrong section
      2nd what solenoid????
      3rd contact your dealer for fluid specifications but my guess would be 90w gear oil if it's a 5spd

18. Member
      05-27-2012 09:39 AM #6948
      I need help isolating a noise.. 90 G60, what I thought was a bad wheel bearing...replaced bearing, right side...noise is still there...but seems to be more middle/ left on the transmission side...axles are in good shape as well as ball joints and surrounding items. the noise happens all the time except when not in load, cornering right... not too farmiliar with tranny work so I was wondering what else I can check...could it be an input bearing if it makes the noise while coasting? I hope its just my other wheel bearing and the noise is traveling..I plan on doing my other wheel bearing for good measure tomm and was looking to see what else I could look for... thanks guys/gals have a good Holiday!
      Last edited by IMWALKIN; 05-27-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Vehicles
      05-27-2012 10:14 AM #6949
      Bro it's the axles. They may look good but it's definitely the axles if it's happening under load only.

Have a great weekend everyone!

20. Member
      05-27-2012 10:29 AM #6950
      thanks mike...theyre both less than a year old.... thats why I was leaning more towards the other wheel bearing... would it have anything to do with the tranny if it still makes the noise while coasting?

Vehicles
      05-27-2012 10:41 AM #6951
      Not really, remember the axles are spinning at the same speed as the wheels regardless of in gear or not. And usually if you get any noise or vibration whilst under load, it's usually the axles.

Last edited by HavokRuels; 05-27-2012 at 10:45 AM.

22. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      92 Corrado 2.0 16v
      05-28-2012 11:14 AM #6952
      Can you tell me, how do I remove the front panel in corrado?
      I mean that big panel with heating control, radio etc.
      I want to do some harmony there, bc I can't even take out the radio - I guess wires are to blame.
      Second question: the light behind heating control doesn't work, how can I change the light bulb?
      And last qestion so far , how can I remove the stash from the passenger side?

Vehicles
      05-28-2012 01:20 PM #6953
      There is a screw behind the cluster surround, it the back of the bottom cubby, two behind the top vents and behind the ashtray. Might be a couple more. Pull the vents out by hand and slide out the ashtray.

24. 05-28-2012 02:30 PM #6954
      Car is a 1990 Corrado with a 16v 2.0 running digi1. My oil buzzer kept going off VERY randomly, so I put an mechanical oil pressure gauge in. Seems to hover around 80psi nearly all the time.

The oil buzzer has gone off at 80psi, 90psi, below and above 2200 rpm (cutoff between the low pressure switch and the high pressure switch), when the car is cold, when the car is hot. I found no correlation.

Any ideas what the problem is? Is 80-100psi normal for a stockish 16v?
      Quote Originally Posted by MotownSVT View Post
      There's a larger collective IQ in the load I blew down the shower drain this morning than behind the counter at any Starbucks within a 10-mile radius of my house.

Vehicles
      1993 VW Corrado SLC VR6
      05-29-2012 04:12 PM #6955
      Best thing to do is mock up one of the wheels with no tire if you have a chance or search for an offsett calculator and base your results off of factory offset.

Would love to mock up a wheel but don't have the means. I'm now leaning towards a set of 16X7.5 modern lines for the SLC. What would the ideal ET be? Not trying to poke, rub or run spacers. Will prob have to roll fenders but need to know which ET works without rubbing the suspension. I'm thinking something around 25-35 ET?

Thoughts?
      Last edited by dannyace; 05-29-2012 at 04:36 PM.
      1993 VW Corrado SLC VR6

Vehicles
      99 a4 avant
      05-29-2012 05:32 PM #6956
      symptoms of a bad radiator?

92 slc - get a whiff of coolant when I park the car. No discernible leaks as the level in the coolant bottle stays the same. I took a look at the radiator and saw coolant sitting on some of the fins. I can see coolant temp creep up to 220 when I'm in stop and go traffic, but goes back down to midway on the gauge when at freeway speeds.

The whole coolant system is brand new save for the radiator. Fan speeds kick on when they should. Noticed more of a temp change when I switched to the mkiv metal HG (now see oil temps int the 240-250 range when driving over 15 mins at 80 mph - and that is when coolant temps got higher)
      killer of threads

Vehicles
      05-29-2012 05:39 PM #6957
      Quote Originally Posted by dannyace View Post
      Would love to mock up a wheel but don't have the means. I'm now leaning towards a set of 16X7.5 modern lines for the SLC. What would the ideal ET be? Not trying to poke, rub or run spacers. Will prob have to roll fenders but need to know which ET works without rubbing the suspension. I'm thinking something around 25-35 ET?

Thoughts?
      That's a good range to be in. My Abt's are 7.5 with an et30 which is perfect for no rub or no pulled fenders.

Quote Originally Posted by valet View Post
      symptoms of a bad radiator?

92 slc - get a whiff of coolant when I park the car. No discernible leaks as the level in the coolant bottle stays the same. I took a look at the radiator and saw coolant sitting on some of the fins. I can see coolant temp creep up to 220 when I'm in stop and go traffic, but goes back down to midway on the gauge when at freeway speeds.

The whole coolant system is brand new save for the radiator. Fan speeds kick on when they should. Noticed more of a temp change when I switched to the mkiv metal HG (now see oil temps int the 240-250 range when driving over 15 mins at 80 mph - and that is when coolant temps got higher)
      Well if there is coolant on the radiator then yep time for a new one. Any chance to pressure test it to be 100% certain?

Oil temps rising at the same time lead me to believe that the hotter than normal coolant passing through the oil cooler is causing the higher oil temps.

Vehicles
      1994 Corrado VR6
      05-29-2012 10:06 PM #6958
      Quote Originally Posted by TylerInHiFi View Post
      ABS question...

My ABS light has been on since I bought the car. I didn't bother to fix it because it's a Corrado and the ABS doesn't work on any of them. Lately the ABS has been giving feedback to the brake pedal at very low pressure braking and only intermittently. This started around the same time I started to hear the unmistakable sound of a shot wheel bearing. Could they be related? How common is weird ABS resistance? I've never owned a car with ABS, so I honestly don't even know what's normal. And I disconnected the ABS light, so I have no idea if it's still on or not. I'd have to find it to test I suppose...

EDIT: 94 VR6
      Anybody?

29. Member
      Vehicles
      92 verde rado gernade(dd),90Q 20v, red rado 24v build
      05-29-2012 10:24 PM #6959
      Quote Originally Posted by TylerInHiFi View Post
      Anybody?
      On early models like G60 with key on-engine off. It will flash a code. Like 4 flashes pause then an other etc flashes pause 4 time. Like 4 flash would be number. 4111. Then can look it up in bentley book, if don't have one, get one. but if newer model like yours, it has rapid data transfer. You need 155x or vag-com with the black-white adapter to scan it for faults. That where have to start. If you don't have the basic scan tool with right connector, take to shop so get better diag what triggering abs system. It could be dirty or damages abs speed sensor, to wire issue, or faulty pressure sensor or pump,etc.

Vehicles
      05-29-2012 10:25 PM #6960
      It can be the control module, bad abs sensor or cracked tone ring on one of the axles. Basically the control module is getting fooled into activating the abs system.

Best bet, tackle the abs control module. Send it out for a rebuild, inspect all sensors for damage or debris on magnets and check tone rings for hairline crack.

Vehicles
      05-30-2012 02:43 PM #6961
      Quote Originally Posted by dannyace View Post

Thoughts?
      et20 ftmfw

32. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1989 vw jetta 16v gli helios wolfburg ed
      05-30-2012 07:41 PM #6962
      hey, i was wondering in theory how much would a r32 drivetrain swap cost/how much time would it take?
      you know you drive a mk2 when...
      -youve ever gotten paranoid b/c the car "just feels a little different" only to realize its the pavement
      -you pick up a friend and you have to repeatedly yell to them from inside the car "NO, PINCH, NO, NO, DONT PULL, PINCH DAMNIT!"

Vehicles
      05-30-2012 07:48 PM #6963
      Thousands and lots of custom fabrication and custom parts

Vehicles
      99 a4 avant
      05-30-2012 08:16 PM #6964

Well if there is coolant on the radiator then yep time for a new one. Any chance to pressure test it to be 100% certain?

Oil temps rising at the same time lead me to believe that the hotter than normal coolant passing through the oil cooler is causing the higher oil temps.

picking up a new radiator tomorrow - We'll see what happens
      killer of threads

35. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1989 vw jetta 16v gli helios wolfburg ed
      05-30-2012 08:18 PM #6965
      is there anyway to get a corrado to be awd or 4wd thats not a total pain
      you know you drive a mk2 when...
      -youve ever gotten paranoid b/c the car "just feels a little different" only to realize its the pavement
      -you pick up a friend and you have to repeatedly yell to them from inside the car "NO, PINCH, NO, NO, DONT PULL, PINCH DAMNIT!"

Page 199 of 268 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast