Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 199 of 409 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299 ... LastLast
    Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 10204

Thread: New Guys: Ask The Experts Thread.

Vehicles
      Corrado, Mk1, Mk3, CC
      05-03-2011 02:25 AM #4951
      [QUOTE=NW A4;71375690]
      Quote Originally Posted by TheBurninator View Post
      95 is OBDI but it may have an OBDII plug as 94 Corrados got an OBDII plug and were still OBDI.

Check the ECU numbers if you want to be sure.

So stay 96 or above and be good?
      yep
      Quote Originally Posted by ein View Post
      * IMPORTANT* The English language is completely inadequate for describing how spectacularly stupid this thread is.

Vehicles
      91 Corrado G60
      05-03-2011 07:52 AM #4952
      So uh... What's the general consensus on spring cutting around here? According to the P.O, I'm on Bilstein sport struts and H&R Sport springs, VR6 front strut bushings and poly rear strut bushings (assuming they're for the G60 as he listed it just like that).

I want to drop the front about 3/4 of an inch, maybe an inch. Is there a reason he went with VR6 front strut bushings? Wouldn't that leave the front a bit higher than G60 bushings would? As you can probably tell I don't know much about the Corrado suspension setup.

Vehicles
      '90 Corrado 1.8 8V G60 (previously was 1.8 16V KR), '80 MK1 Golf GTI 1.6 8V EG aka "Heron"
      05-03-2011 08:01 AM #4953
      Quote Originally Posted by elijah- View Post
      So uh... What's the general consensus on spring cutting around here? According to the P.O, I'm on Bilstein sport struts and H&R Sport springs, VR6 front strut bushings and poly rear strut bushings (assuming they're for the G60 as he listed it just like that).

I want to drop the front about 3/4 of an inch, maybe an inch. Is there a reason he went with VR6 front strut bushings? Wouldn't that leave the front a bit higher than G60 bushings would? As you can probably tell I don't know much about the Corrado suspension setup.
      Its an upgrade for the G60. Upgrade to VR6 stiffer & more durable setup/parts...
      Check this link: http://www.germanautoparts.com/Volks...spension/198/1

Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
      ... (Corrado) might be the greatest collection of bad VW ideas ever put into one car.
      My Corrado (sort of) build thread / On Database
      My MK1 build thread
      SpoonFedTuning

Vehicles
      91 Corrado G60
      05-03-2011 08:16 AM #4954
      Quote Originally Posted by RedYellowWhite View Post
      Its an upgrade for the G60. Upgrade to VR6 stiffer & more durable setup/parts...
      Check this link: http://www.germanautoparts.com/Volks...spension/198/1

That's kind of what I figured... I guess it would probably be a bad idea to go back to VR6 strut bushings then

Back to the drawing board..

Vehicles
      91 Corrado 2.0l 16v on MS3X, Parked like Jurassic... 83 Cabby 1.8l 16v... 88 Powerplay XLT-185
      05-03-2011 08:23 AM #4955

Cut springs, no! Get the correct springs for your car with the correct spring rates, or coils. If you do not know what you have, pull a tire and get a part number off a spring and cross reference them.

I wouldn't believe upgrading to VR bushings (which is what you want, harder compound/better design) will raise the car dramatically, if it does, it would be very minute
      Quote Originally Posted by crazynorweegian View Post
      Good luck, might want to get vaccinated for "while-I-am-in-there" syndrome.
      tek-euro.com SpoonFedTuning

my Corrado's specs on corrado-database / My Corrado Build Thread / My Cabby Build Thread / My Boat Build: 18' Powerplay w/5.7l V8

Vehicles
      00' Chevy Silverado, 90 Non sunroof Corrado
      05-03-2011 11:44 AM #4956
      anyone have any pix of their dash shell removed and just the heater core etc still attached to the fire wall?
      [B]Best way to get ahold ofme is text me 860-539-1993[B]
      http://www.spoonfedtuning.com/

Vehicles
      91 Corrado G60
      05-03-2011 11:56 AM #4957
      Quote Originally Posted by eurosportgti View Post
      anyone have any pix of their dash shell removed and just the heater core etc still attached to the fire wall?
      This might help? Just off the top of my head.

http://www.corrado-club.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8848

Vehicles
      Corrado, Mk1, Mk3, CC
      05-03-2011 12:13 PM #4958
      That's kind of what I figured... I guess it would probably be a bad idea to go back to VR6 strut bushings then

Back to the drawing board..
      Cut springs are for champs! GET LOW
      Quote Originally Posted by ein View Post
      * IMPORTANT* The English language is completely inadequate for describing how spectacularly stupid this thread is.

Vehicles
      91 Corrado G60
      05-03-2011 12:31 PM #4959
      Quote Originally Posted by TheBurninator View Post
      Cut springs are for champs! GET LOW
      I know it was quite frowned upon when I had my Mustang (and I never did it, I had the drop I wanted from the right springs/struts). I guess I just need to do some looking around for different setups, but I'm not about to drop a big chunk on coils at this point in time.

Vehicles
      91 Corrado 2.0l 16v on MS3X, Parked like Jurassic... 83 Cabby 1.8l 16v... 88 Powerplay XLT-185
      05-03-2011 01:49 PM #4960
      sure do

But not on Photobucket, I will shoot you an email

my Corrado's specs on corrado-database / My Corrado Build Thread / My Cabby Build Thread / My Boat Build: 18' Powerplay w/5.7l V8

Vehicles
      90 g6660 Corrado (sold), 07 Rabbit
      05-03-2011 07:25 PM #4961
      Im having a Battery drain? I start it and sometimes my volt meter only reads 10.5 vlts and obviously this effects my headlight lumens. Other times I get a full 13.5 volts on the meter. It fluctuates by day. Does anyone have any ideas?
      My sold old build, thread

-"I need a new hobby"

Vehicles
      1994 Corrado
      05-03-2011 07:32 PM #4962
      I've got a few, they're closer up, so none of them show the whole thing. what exactly are you looking for?
      I do not understand why some coupes make the grade and others do not. Everyone knows, for instance, that the Corrado was as tasty as an East End prize fighter with the looks of a Benetti super-yacht. The four-cylinder was good, but the VR6 was about as close as you could get to Ferraridom without buying a Ferrari. And what happened? You all went to the pub instead. -Jeremy Clarkson-

Vehicles
      00' Chevy Silverado, 90 Non sunroof Corrado
      05-03-2011 07:34 PM #4963
      Quote Originally Posted by NoCYet View Post
      I've got a few, they're closer up, so none of them show the whole thing. what exactly are you looking for?
      Im looking for the whole thing but id like to see the pix u have
      [B]Best way to get ahold ofme is text me 860-539-1993[B]
      http://www.spoonfedtuning.com/

05-04-2011 09:07 AM #4964
      the corrado forums move a lot slower than i remember

Vehicles
      05-04-2011 10:09 AM #4965
      Quote Originally Posted by corrado-correr View Post
      the corrado forums move a lot slower than i remember
      They have their ups and downs, try out the 12V, SEM & FI technical forums if you're bored

Vehicles
      1994 Corrado
      05-04-2011 10:30 AM #4966
      Im looking for the whole thing but id like to see the pix u have
      PM me your Email, and I'll send them to you.
      I do not understand why some coupes make the grade and others do not. Everyone knows, for instance, that the Corrado was as tasty as an East End prize fighter with the looks of a Benetti super-yacht. The four-cylinder was good, but the VR6 was about as close as you could get to Ferraridom without buying a Ferrari. And what happened? You all went to the pub instead. -Jeremy Clarkson-

Vehicles
      93 Corrado 12v, 15 Jeep Trailhawk
      05-04-2011 12:26 PM #4967
      Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Karmann View Post
      sure do
      Nice pedal covers
      -TLJ

Vehicles
      05-04-2011 12:32 PM #4968
      Quote Originally Posted by TheLateJetta View Post
      Nice pedal covers
      I'm glad you like them and will be for sale soon if you'd like to pick them up

Vehicles
      1990 VW Corrado G60
      05-04-2011 12:38 PM #4969
      hey guys having trouble with my power, somethinng is draining my battery. I now need a new battery and altinator. but i don't want to get these untill I find out what's causing my battery to die!!?? please and thank u
      It was kind of a ridiculous post man EVERYTHING needs to be addressed with these cars and without knowing what you have or have not done it is almost impossible to answer.
      Heb.4:11-16

Vehicles
      05-04-2011 12:40 PM #4970
      I'm glad you like them and will be for sale soon if you'd like to pick them up
      Sweet LMK!
      -TLJ

Vehicles
      05-04-2011 12:43 PM #4971
      Quote Originally Posted by Merlin87 View Post
      hey guys having trouble with my power, somethinng is draining my battery. I now need a new battery and altinator. but i don't want to get these untill I find out what's causing my battery to die!!?? please and thank u
      Buy a Multimeter, there is plenty of documentation available on the web about parasitic battery loss and how to check for it. I'd be willing to bet it has to do with your seatbelts, ABS(if you have it) or your doorlocks(more a vacuum leak in this department), those being the more prone areas for failure. PULL YOUR SEATBELT RELAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet LMK!
      Will do, and I'll hook you up on the price as well

Vehicles
      05-04-2011 12:44 PM #4972
      Quote Originally Posted by Merlin87 View Post
      If you have a bad battery and alternator, that may be your issue. However if its deeper than that I'd say check your security system module. If your security system dosnt work I'm betting that's your issue. Also check your power seatbelts. Aside from that. It's a Corrado, LOTS of things could be draining your battery.
      -TLJ

Vehicles
      '90 Corrado 1.8 8V G60 (previously was 1.8 16V KR), '80 MK1 Golf GTI 1.6 8V EG aka "Heron"
      05-04-2011 01:25 PM #4973
      If you have a bad battery and alternator, that may be your issue. However if its deeper than that I'd say check your security system module. If your security system dosnt work I'm betting that's your issue. Also check your power seatbelts. Aside from that. It's a Corrado, LOTS of things could be draining your battery.
      I'd start with the alternator, since its the easier part to diagnose too

But yeah, like TheLateJetta said, afterall its a Corrado and lots can go wrong, lol
      Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
      ... (Corrado) might be the greatest collection of bad VW ideas ever put into one car.
      My Corrado (sort of) build thread / On Database
      My MK1 build thread
      SpoonFedTuning

Vehicles
      97 GTI VR6, 56 Oval window bug, 03 Jetta, 06 Audi A4, 01 GTI 1.8T
      05-04-2011 02:28 PM #4974
      Okay guys, I'm a long time V Dub owner of all sorts, Jetta, GTI (Currently), Cabrio and lots of old air cooled stuff. Here's my thing. Always loved the old 16V Scirroco's and Corrados. I'm seriously at the point where I want to find a Corrado VR6 to drive. Question is, are the Corrados any more problematic that the GTIs or the Jettas? I'm not looking for anything with heavy mods but more along the lines of stock with the exception of Wheels (Of Course) maybe intake and exhaust. Gonna be a daily driver. Just looking for some pros and cons and maybe what year I should look for. Like I said I don't know much about the Corrados or their issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot for any help

Vehicles
      05-04-2011 02:34 PM #4975
      Quote Originally Posted by 33Dubnut View Post
      Okay guys, I'm a long time V Dub owner of all sorts, Jetta, GTI (Currently), Cabrio and lots of old air cooled stuff. Here's my thing. Always loved the old 16V Scirroco's and Corrados. I'm seriously at the point where I want to find a Corrado VR6 to drive. Question is, are the Corrados any more problematic that the GTIs or the Jettas? I'm not looking for anything with heavy mods but more along the lines of stock with the exception of Wheels (Of Course) maybe intake and exhaust. Gonna be a daily driver. Just looking for some pros and cons and maybe what year I should look for. Like I said I don't know much about the Corrados or their issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot for any help
      More problematic, I'd say so, more expensive, definitely! Daily, eeh maybe if it was unmolested and well maintained close to stock example. 93+ for the VR

Read thru the FAQ, a ton of info there

Page 199 of 409 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299 ... LastLast