Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 218 of 283 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast
    Results 7,596 to 7,630 of 9904

Thread: New Guys: Ask The Experts Thread.

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Audi a6 1.8T 1989 Corrado G60
      10-09-2012 12:13 PM #7596
      Quote Originally Posted by DUBZAK View Post
      Pull the rotors and check condition of the abs rings on the rear rotors. Also, scan the ABS for faults.
      I was afraid someone would say that

I am going to change for winter tyres in a week or so, and i am going to pull all 4 rotors and clean the sensors thoroughly.

But i have discovered a trick to get the ABS working: when i start the car i press the brake pedal slightly at the exact same time as the e-brake light go out, and then i have working ABS! If i dont press the brake pedal the ABS light stays on.

Maybe i have some air left in the system? My ezibleeder cant take over 20 PSI pressure so maybe i have to get a brake bleeder that use more pressure to get the last air bubbles out? Or maybe i have to replace or make some adjustments on the rear proportioning valve?

Btw i have a 1989 model, and i have read here somewhere that pre 1990 models dont have a connection for scanning the brake system...
      Last edited by vwraaner; 10-09-2012 at 12:17 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by DUBZAK View Post
      I'd rather push my broken, on fire, blown up VW than ever drive a Honda.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 civic si sedan 2006 acura tsx 1997 vw golf gl 1995 vw jetta glx vr6
      10-11-2012 10:26 PM #7597
      I need a DIY on replacing my passenger side window regulator.
      2008 civic si sedan
      2006 tsx
      1997 golf gl (for sale)
      1995 jetta glx vr6

Vehicles
      corrado 3ltr
      10-12-2012 07:22 PM #7598
      Quote Originally Posted by Jon Coulson View Post
      I need a DIY on replacing my passenger side window regulator.
      Quote Originally Posted by crazynorweegian View Post
      Window regulator replacement / repair info

Basic DIY
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ndow+regulator

Supplier link

Repairing with a junk socket

Repair with a "U bolt"
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ight=regulator

Info on using InPro regulators (a little lengthy, but useful posts throughout)
      should help a bit

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 civic si sedan 2006 acura tsx 1997 vw golf gl 1995 vw jetta glx vr6
      10-12-2012 10:40 PM #7599
      Thanks a bunch
      2008 civic si sedan
      2006 tsx
      1997 golf gl (for sale)
      1995 jetta glx vr6

Vehicles
      93' SLC 92' SLC 02' JETTA
      10-14-2012 12:07 PM #7600
      Does anyone have or know where I can get a clutch master cylinder bleeder screw?? I don't know where the **** I put mine lol

Sent while sitting on my ass VIA my iPad
      Guru Motorsports / europeein

Vehicles
      91 Corrado 2.0l 16v on MS3X, Parked like Jurassic... 83 Cabby 1.8l 16v... 88 Powerplay XLT-185
      10-14-2012 12:30 PM #7601
      Quote Originally Posted by HavokRuels View Post
      Does anyone have or know where I can get a clutch master cylinder bleeder screw?? I don't know where the **** I put mine lol

I assume you are talking about the plug? 10mm pipe tap, I may be able to get some this week
      Good luck, might want to get vaccinated for "while-I-am-in-there" syndrome.
      tek-euro.com SpoonFedTuning

my Corrado's specs on corrado-database / My Corrado Build Thread / My Cabby Build Thread / My Boat Build: 18' Powerplay w/5.7l V8

Vehicles
      10-14-2012 12:46 PM #7602
      Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Karmann View Post
      I assume you are talking about the plug? 10mm pipe tap, I may be able to get some this week
      Ahh it's a plug. Yeah if you get some, hit me up. If not, I'll search for one.

Thanks!

8. Member
      Vehicles
      1991 corrado g60, 1994 corrado VR6
      10-14-2012 05:14 PM #7603
      hey everyone,
      I've always been a bit curious as to what some of the differences are between G60 and VR6 body parts..

like the fenders, bumper and headlights..

I have a 91 G60, I got a VR6 hood for pretty much free, I can tell the obvious difference with the hoods. The g60 hood has an indented center section and the VR one is a little raised, looks much nicer. Also I already know about the foglights and turn indicator differences.

but whats the diff between fenders?? are the VR6 ones a little wider or are the wheel arches bigger to accommodate bigger wheels??

I see people selling G60 and VR6 specific e-codes too, whats the diff??

any helpful answers would be super appreciated, I dont know **** about corrado's so much, Ive been a mkv guy for a few years now..

Vehicles
      Corrado SLC, Audi A8 QUATTRO
      10-14-2012 05:44 PM #7604
      Quote Originally Posted by SkybarGTI View Post
      hey everyone,
      I've always been a bit curious as to what some of the differences are between G60 and VR6 body parts..

like the fenders, bumper and headlights..

I have a 91 G60, I got a VR6 hood for pretty much free, I can tell the obvious difference with the hoods. The g60 hood has an indented center section and the VR one is a little raised, looks much nicer. Also I already know about the foglights and turn indicator differences.

but whats the diff between fenders?? are the VR6 ones a little wider or are the wheel arches bigger to accommodate bigger wheels??

I see people selling G60 and VR6 specific e-codes too, whats the diff??

any helpful answers would be super appreciated, I dont know **** about corrado's so much, Ive been a mkv guy for a few years now..
      Hood, fenders, bumpers, headlights, fog lights, bumper signal lights, gas tank, rear floor pan.

Most is different because vr6 has a wider suspension known as plus suspension, amd 5 lug vs 4lug brakes.

Check the faq and search for the details on the rest, but yes, everything listed is different between the 2 specs.
      |Corrado SLC 2.9LVR6|Corrado Keyless Entry | A8 "Grape Ape" | SPOONFEDTUNING |FOURSEASONTUNING|DUBNUTZ|
      Quote Originally Posted by pileofredparts View Post
      Do you guys remember the time that Ryan kid started mixing and matching rods and end caps and then his motor wouldnt turn over? I do

Vehicles
      91 Corrado 2.0l 16v on MS3X, Parked like Jurassic... 83 Cabby 1.8l 16v... 88 Powerplay XLT-185
      10-15-2012 10:40 AM #7605
      Ahh it's a plug. Yeah if you get some, hit me up. If not, I'll search for one.

Thanks!

Come to think of it, didn't I send you one??? I will do my best to get down there or send Alex over, the supplier is more in his neighborhood anyway

my Corrado's specs on corrado-database / My Corrado Build Thread / My Cabby Build Thread / My Boat Build: 18' Powerplay w/5.7l V8

Vehicles
      10-15-2012 02:33 PM #7606
      Come to think of it, didn't I send you one??? I will do my best to get down there or send Alex over, the supplier is more in his neighborhood anyway
      Never got one, (I don't thnk???) yeah send Alex! I have to give him a shout and see how he is doing in PSL now

Vehicles
      10-15-2012 04:31 PM #7607
      Never got one, (I don't thnk???) yeah send Alex! I have to give him a shout and see how he is doing in PSL now

I've got everything in order, he will stop by my supplier tomorrow. I had him get 3, so if you know anyone else that needs one, lemme know. I believe they will be $5 shipped each, but the supplier said the price went up slightly, we shall see tomorrow.

And ya, PSL didn't work out for Alex so far, I think he still has some stuff in the worx

Vehicles
      10-15-2012 07:23 PM #7608

I've got everything in order, he will stop by my supplier tomorrow. I had him get 3, so if you know anyone else that needs one, lemme know. I believe they will be $5 shipped each, but the supplier said the price went up slightly, we shall see tomorrow.

And ya, PSL didn't work out for Alex so far, I think he still has some stuff in the worx
      No problem, car is driveway art for now lol what ever the cost is, isn't a problem so ill send you 10.00.

Requesting permission to polish it?

I'm gonna hit up Alex now, too bad PSL didn't work out.

Vehicles
      10-15-2012 10:46 PM #7609
      No problem, car is driveway art for now lol what ever the cost is, isn't a problem so ill send you 10.00.

Requesting permission to polish it?

I'm gonna hit up Alex now, too bad PSL didn't work out.

Cool man, polish away

IIRC, PSL is still up in the air for him

15. 10-16-2012 10:25 AM #7610
      Any info on the g lader bypass would be great.....hard to pass up the bbm deal although i feel i could it rebuild my self. Decisions decisions
      What did I get myself into???

Vehicles
      10-16-2012 12:10 PM #7611
      Quote Originally Posted by OneDay84 View Post
      Any info on the g lader bypass would be great.....hard to pass up the bbm deal although i feel i could it rebuild my self. Decisions decisions
      tons, check out maybe search the G60 technical forum

This would make for a good DIY sticky

Vehicles
      2002 Saturn L300
      10-16-2012 11:54 PM #7612
      why oh why did vw put the hvac box together the way they did
      f*** heater cores

18. Member
      Vehicles
      92 Corrado SLC
      10-17-2012 02:25 PM #7613
      just got a big box of parts to start fixing the headache that is my corrado hahaha.. i need to replace the master cylinder and its the one of the few things i havent had to do on any of my cars ever.. currently have a 93 corrado vr6 was wondering if anyone had a good DIY or and tips to make the job go as easy as possible

19. 10-18-2012 02:32 PM #7614
      Novice Tip: if you have a broken sunroof, you might not want to hit 95 plus. I just might want to fly away!! On a different note my B4 sunroof assembly will be coming in on Monday, thanks to the forums I feel confident that the install should go without a hitch. BTW anyone know if the standard sunroof seal works with the glass one?

Vehicles
      Corrado, Mk1, Mk3, CC
      10-18-2012 02:57 PM #7615
      Novice Tip: if you have a broken sunroof, you might not want to hit 95 plus. I just might want to fly away!! On a different note my B4 sunroof assembly will be coming in on Monday, thanks to the forums I feel confident that the install should go without a hitch. BTW anyone know if the standard sunroof seal works with the glass one?
      Yep... It is a PITA to put on though.
      SPOONFEDTUNING - For all of your carbon fiber Corrado needs.
      Quote Originally Posted by ein View Post
      * IMPORTANT* The English language is completely inadequate for describing how spectacularly stupid this thread is.
      Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
      Is society really getting dumber or is it just this forum?

21. 10-18-2012 06:12 PM #7616
      I have a 90 G60 with the mechanical cluster. The speedo works but the odometer doesn't, is it the cable or the cluster??

Vehicles
      10-18-2012 07:57 PM #7617
      I have a 90 G60 with the mechanical cluster. The speedo works but the odometer doesn't, is it the cable or the cluster??
      I did a DIY video on the problematic odometer and what to look for and how to repair. Search "odometer correction" there are two vids

23. 10-19-2012 02:23 AM #7618
      Im gonna have to wait on a donor cluster, sunroof and the window regs are a must 1st (im getting rained on) sunroof on the way and the reg come next. Scoped out the A1 gonna order the set and tackle both. The list goes on...... I think ill start a thread and call it ."Common Corrado" love it though.
      Found it on a lot....guy wanted a grand. But it was running weak, had a crazy idle. Checked the forums, came back knew what it was, took it home bout 6 bucks later had it running. Short ECU vac tube That was just the start. My plan is to put function first and do it while keeping it one the road. Going to do most of the work myself.

Vehicles
      B7 quattro, 92 Corrado Slc
      10-19-2012 03:27 PM #7619
      love this thread.I am thankful it exists.
      I am a new rado owner and wanted to know about the ac compressors for a vr6 and what models share the same one. Never see corrados at the junkyards but always see mk3 2.0's and b3 passats.
      Liquor in the front Poker in the rear - Reverand Horton Heat

Vehicles
      1992 VW Corrado SLC
      10-19-2012 07:18 PM #7620
      STILL trying to get my passenger door open, neither handle works. Got the door card off, but cant figure out how to open the door latch! Almost at wits end, any suggestions?

Vehicles
      91 JDM Corrado, 98 Subaru Legacy
      10-19-2012 07:47 PM #7621
      Quote Originally Posted by sisca View Post
      STILL trying to get my passenger door open, neither handle works. Got the door card off, but cant figure out how to open the door latch! Almost at wits end, any suggestions?
      Can't you just pull the bar connected to the inner door handle? It probably slipped off as I can't see it breaking

Vehicles
      1992 VW Corrado SLC
      10-19-2012 07:50 PM #7622
      Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
      Can't you just pull the bar connected to the inner door handle? It probably slipped off as I can't see it breaking
      Its connected . Ive pulled it,
      but nothing.

Vehicles
      '90 Corrado 1.8 8V G60 (previously was 1.8 16V KR), '80 MK1 Golf GTI 1.6 8V EG aka "Heron"
      10-20-2012 12:59 PM #7623
      I've seen this video that explains how to assemle 3pc wheels when the centers are sandwitch mounted...seems obvious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7FqNluXsY4&feature=plcp

But what about when the centers are front mounted? What is the correct process on this case? Just want to make sure that I haven't f@cked up...
      Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
      ... (Corrado) might be the greatest collection of bad VW ideas ever put into one car.
      My Corrado (sort of) build thread / On Database
      My MK1 build thread
      SpoonFedTuning

Vehicles
      97 2.0 GTI, 90/Corrado G60 w/VR6 sold- current R32 08' #1112/Corrado 93 2.9L
      10-21-2012 09:54 PM #7624
      Need help getting the torque specs for the front end carrier and mounts. Or can someone tell me what page in the Bentley it is?

30. 10-21-2012 10:28 PM #7625

so i pulled the authority chip that was in my ECU this evening since i think it was the cause of all my problems and grief (idle going crazy, pinging/knocking, etc)

car is:
      1992 VR6 eurotech 264 cams, MSD 6A Ignition control box (Capacitor Discharge Coil) amongst other modifications

I put the ecu back together, reconnected the battery, open the door and the electricity works since dome light came on - go to crank the engine and i hear a crazy clicking sound from the fuse box area and now she wont turn over. headlights will turn on, internal electric still works. but the engine wont turn over.

did i do something wrong/forget a step in this? any idea? should this be in its own thread?

of note - i pulled the battery out when i pulled the ecu to clean under it and check for anything weird/strange underneath.

I also disconnected the heated windshield washer nozzles as i think they were also the root of fuse 14 constnatly shorting out - when i disconnected the drivers side nozzle, a bunch of water pour out (so maybe that was the problem).

found this thread on another forum ; will fiddle around w/ the relays but sounds just like what im experiencing.
      Last edited by smoking_robot; 10-21-2012 at 10:42 PM.

31. 10-21-2012 11:14 PM #7626
      so i found its relay #'ed 109, or the third relay from left to right. and now im worried i may have fried my ecu somehow as that is the motronic odb1 control unit relay.

crap i hope i did not install that the stock ecu chip backwards or something stupid.

32. 10-23-2012 08:39 AM #7627
      How do you fix a corrado that caught on fire???

33. 10-23-2012 04:12 PM #7628
      Quote Originally Posted by smoking_robot View Post
      so i found its relay #'ed 109, or the third relay from left to right. and now im worried i may have fried my ecu somehow as that is the motronic odb1 control unit relay.

crap i hope i did not install that the stock ecu chip backwards or something stupid.
      well its not relay 109.

EDIT: nm, ECU works, chips fine - needed some cleaning, and cleaned harness pins and connectors etc. Fires right up. problem solved huzzah.
      Last edited by smoking_robot; 10-25-2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: solved the problem

Vehicles
      80 Rabbit Diesel....87 16V Scirocco...87 8v Gti..93 vr6 Corrado
      10-24-2012 01:11 PM #7629
      How do you fix a corrado that caught on fire???
      Easy.... pour on some petro

Vehicles
      01 VR jetta, 92 VR jetta, 92 VR corrado
      10-26-2012 04:04 PM #7630
      coilover question.

which coilovers do you think would be best for a ~500hp vrt. iv always been with mkivs and low is all we ever cared about now i want some control along with some good looking ride height.

kw v1, v2? ST coils? raceland? idk lotta options out there.
      I love vr6's too much.
      Nebraska Corrado VR build
      The Depot Build
      instagram: JettaLvr41

Page 218 of 283 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast