Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Another wiper motor failure due to aftermarket HIDs

1. Member
      Vehicles
      06 A3, 07 EOS, corvette, some BMWs
      06-10-2012 09:27 PM #316
      go buy some new bulbs to put in... way cheaper than a wiper motor. If you have time buy some cheap ones from ebay or amazon to save money.
      2008 Corvette C6
      2007 VW EOS 2.0T, APR stage 2
      2006 Audi A3 2.0T DSG, sport, winter, APR stage 2
      1989 BMW 325i 5spd, M50 motorswap, stripped for track duty

2. Member
      Vehicles
      08.5 A3
      06-21-2012 10:56 PM #317
      I got my wiper motor replaced under warranty, but should I buy new HID's? My motor blew 3.5 years after I installed my HID's. I am just worried that it would blow again.

3. Junior Member
      08-23-2012 12:11 AM #318
      Quote Originally Posted by jowsley0923 View Post
      I got my wiper motor replaced under warranty, but should I buy new HID's? My motor blew 3.5 years after I installed my HID's. I am just worried that it would blow again.
      Here you can see some comments from the guys who have the Welldone HID.
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...light=welldone

Quote Originally Posted by rick89 View Post
      I have tested this kit and have had the wipers on at the same time and i did not experience a broken wiper motor. The ballast's in this kit is pretty nice when you install it because it lets you screw it on the back of the headlight cap and it keeps all the wires inside the headlight. From my experience on my car that has the auto lights, the hid kit is one that i would recommend you guys to get if you want one. I have also looked on the audi Iberica forums and a lot of guys there are using this kit and it was partly why i was convinced to purchase it.
      Quote Originally Posted by dooky View Post
      Sorry guys for the late response. I haven't been checking the forum lately. I've returned the H9 kit to Welldone and they have developed an H11 kit for the North American A3s. That's the good news! The bad news is that I'm still waiting for the kit to arrive. I've been in contact with Daniel from Welldone and it should arrive within the next coming weeks. It turns out that I'll be the first A3 using the newly developed H11 kit. Hopefully, all goes well.

As for placing the ballast inside the light housing. It's perfectly safe. The ballast doesn't emit any heat. Rick89 confirmed this fact and Daniel from Welldone have assured me that it does not pose any harm to the light housing.

I'll keep you guys updated once I receive the kit.

I finally received the H11 kit today and installed it lastnight. Everything is plug and play. It works like a charm! I tested the lights with my wipers on at full setting without any problems. I'm the first A3 in North America running the Welldone H11 kit. Thanks to Daniel for making everything right. I'm sure you'll have many more happy customers like myself. And, to Rick89 for your advice and help.
      I've been using my Well Done HID it for a year without any issues in the rain. No problem when turning on the wiper first and then lights. You can actually place the ballast within the light housing. No need to mount it outside. The unit doesn't get hot. Dave from Welldone recommended this as they've been doing in Europe.
      Quote Originally Posted by A3Performance View Post
      Dani is a stand up guy, met up with him in NY and got a chance to really see this Well-Done kit in person.. Man, is this thing truly different than any aftermarket kit out there! NOW i truly understand why it's OEM or Well-Done. I'll post a thread sometime late this week after I install them since i'm having some minor fueling issues and car is parked.
      Last edited by blazedani; 08-23-2012 at 12:29 AM.

4. Junior Member
      10-20-2012 02:12 PM #319
      I have more good news about the wiper motor problem.

We just discovered how to fix the broken wiper motors.

Just fixed the first broken wiper motor in Europe & it´s working already.

There is no need to buy new wiper motors anymore!!!!!

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Audi A3 2.0T
      10-20-2012 02:17 PM #320
      Quote Originally Posted by blazedani View Post

Got some more details?

Vehicles
      '06 A3 3.2Q+'13 JSW Tdi
      10-20-2012 03:13 PM #321

how?
      Audi is the girl who was really cute in high school, but now puts on way too much makeup in order to try and hang out with the hot girls.

Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3 2.0T
      10-21-2012 11:18 AM #322
      They replace the failed components on the motor. Either way it's still recommended you use a high quality Xenon kit like Well-done to avoid the motor from breaking.
      2006 Audi A3 Brilliant Red: FrankenTurbo, .dotuning, FFE, APR, Forge, SPM, BSH, VF-Engineering, Precision Turbo, ATP, Vogtland, Well-Done Xenons.

Vehicles
      '06 A3 3.2Q+'13 JSW Tdi
      10-21-2012 01:10 PM #323
      agreed its better to not grenade the wiper motor in the first place. I am curious as to which component failed... a control module would be my assumption. some fried chip.
      Audi is the girl who was really cute in high school, but now puts on way too much makeup in order to try and hang out with the hot girls.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      '06, A3 2.0t, Sport
      10-21-2012 02:39 PM #324
      Quote Originally Posted by SilverSquirrel View Post
      I am curious as to which component failed... a control module would be my assumption. some fried chip.
      That would be a very poorly designed circuit. There should be some kind of resettable fuse protecting the circuit. My guess is a blown Cap.

I tried to get someone to send me a blown motor so I could investigate but there were no takers.
      Quote Originally Posted by MachnickiA3 View Post
      stick that in your "fleshy patch"

Vehicles
      2008 A3 2.0T DSG
      10-21-2012 07:29 PM #325

Thanks for this piece of information which is basically useless unless you elaborate on it.
      2012 S4 DSG
      2014 S6
      2012 MB C63 Coupe

11. 10-24-2012 05:32 AM #326
      Waiting for details........................................... ..

Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3 2.0T
      10-24-2012 03:54 PM #327
      From what i've gathered by all the info seen on people blowing their wiper motors. What happens is the initial voltage spike, whether you use a relay or not emits a spike/frequency type that effects the wiper motor since they share a common ground. So using a kit like Welldone takes out all that guess work, that thing is sealed in such a fashion that i've never seen any other kit like it. So once Blazedani has more details i'm pretty sure he'll share his thoughts. He's in Europe so time differences and what not can cause slight delays in his responses.
      2006 Audi A3 Brilliant Red: FrankenTurbo, .dotuning, FFE, APR, Forge, SPM, BSH, VF-Engineering, Precision Turbo, ATP, Vogtland, Well-Done Xenons.

13. Junior Member
      11-06-2012 01:58 PM #328
      The guys in Europe fixed the wiper motor, not me.
      They are offering this service in the website now.

I´m still in New York. Will be flying to Europe soon, then I´ll see how it works.

From what I know you need some tools to fix it, you can not do it with a regular soldering iron.
      You need a good soldering station, some products to fix the circuit board, liquids to be able to replace different chips, etc.
      This is what they told me by phone. Wasn't that easy to reapair.

So basically is not worth it to do it by yourself only to fix 1 wiper motor, you would spent much more to buy all the stuff than the 55€ they charge for the fix.

Still not very useful for many people here in the US since they only fix it in Europe.
      But I think it´s good news that it can be fixed without buying a new $300 wiper motor.

14. Junior Member
      12-23-2012 10:28 PM #329
      Hi, this is Daniel from Welldonehid.

I´m in Europe right now & I wanted to inform you about some news.

We just develop a new HID, also compatible with Audi A3.

This HID is even higher quality than the regular A38P HID.

We use OEM ballast made in Europe (same as Audi-VW uses in their cars).

www.welldonehid.com/Xenon-OEM

AudiSport-Iberica forum is making a Group Buy right now, if someone is interested he can also take profit of the group buy prices.
      They are getting around 65€ discount ($85)

A38P HID ------> 129€ ($170)
      A38P Facelift --> 158€ ($208)
      OEM Xenon ----> 175€ ($232)
      Last edited by blazedani; 01-11-2013 at 12:59 PM.

15. 02-08-2014 10:51 AM #330
      Quote Originally Posted by A3Performance View Post
      From what i've gathered by all the info seen on people blowing their wiper motors. What happens is the initial voltage spike, whether you use a relay or not emits a spike/frequency type that effects the wiper motor since they share a common ground. So using a kit like Welldone takes out all that guess work, that thing is sealed in such a fashion that i've never seen any other kit like it. So once Blazedani has more details i'm pretty sure he'll share his thoughts. He's in Europe so time differences and what not can cause slight delays in his responses.
      Are your wiper motors still working or did you ever have to get them replaced?

16. Member
      Vehicles
      08.5 A3
      02-10-2014 10:27 AM #331
      I am in the works to start a Famrily purchase with Welldone HID'S

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910