Did some work today! To start off with my fried ECU got repaired thanks to Needs_A_Vr6 he is awesome. He kept me updated on what he was doing and did so in a timely manner. I cannot wait to get it in the mail so that the real fun can start.
I also have been having issues with coolant leaks, I will put fluid in and it ill leave a large puddle on the floor my the next morning. So replaced a hose and broke open the water pump and put new seals in ( even though they where new when I put it on the motor the first time). I am putting fluid in the block so that there is not just air in there when I start running it.
This helped in finding where the leaks were coming from.
It is an container covered in a paper towel. (Duh) that way leaks show up, and I dont have to get it all over the floor. Patent Pending
Another thing I knocked out today was a slim radiator fan set up. This fan is off something, I have no idea because I just found it lying on the ground at the junkyard..
But it has two wires to control it and it works when a battery is hooked up to it. It is very quiet BTW.
so I took off my old one with the monster shroud and as you can see it is not big enough to fit across the whole thing. I looked around for pieces of wood.plastic, or metal that I could make a bracket for.
and I came up with this:
It is a holder for the old Steel braided CIS lines. I pounded it flat(ish) and gave it a little bend to put force on the fan to hold it in place.
I painted it black so it did not stand out too much. That thing just screams jerry-rig.
and here is the slim fan on the radiator next to JUST the old shroud.
I saved about 5 inches of engine room.
here is the bay as it sits now.
Here is the best photo I can find of before.
Thanks to my dad for the awesome Christmas present of How To Keep Your Rabbit Alive(it covers Roccos too!) it is an awesome read!
until I get more motivation.